Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent (13558 Views)

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by stevnwigw1: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2022
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2022
The real question is how long do you want to keep living above your means.

105 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by stevnwigw1: 9:10am On Jul 02, 2022
Thantayo:
The real question is how long you want to keep living above your means.
something happened that took my money, my wife got admission into the Nigerian law school and all our money went there.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by WATCHOVER(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2022
There is nothing wrong borrowing, so long you pay fast to earn respect

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Pharmmaqp: 9:20am On Jul 02, 2022
If your pay can cover the balance.

Just talk to your landlord and give him a specific date for repayment.

Omo.. I used to take loans from my previous company.. that didn't end well with me. I became naturally submissive and over loyal to an extent that I didn't even notice when I started being maltreated..
Just wait it out if possible.

If your landlord refuses.. go to your boss .. after this.. Don't ask your boss anything again

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Naijanascam: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2022
I don't know what to say........ but if you are the no nonsense type don't try it.... look elsewhere

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by stevnwigw1: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2022
Pharmmaqp:
If your pay can cover the balance.

Just talk to your landlord and give him a specific date for repayment.

Omo.. I used to take loans from my previous company.. that didn't end well with me. I became naturally submissive and over loyal to an extent that I didn't even notice when I started being maltreated..
Just wait it out if possible.

If your landlord refuses.. go to your boss .. after this.. Don't ask your boss anything again
noted

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by stevnwigw1: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2022
Naijanascam:
I don't know what to say........ but if you are the no nonsense type don't try it.... look elsewhere
ok
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by stevnwigw1: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2022
WATCHOVER:
There is nothing wrong borrowing, so long you pay fast to earn respect
ok
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by JASONjnr(m): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
something happened that took my money, my wife got admission into the Nigerian law school and all our money went there.

It's salary advance...
If he's got money on him, he can lend you..

20 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Approach him for some advancement or approach your bank for salad loans. At worst, explain to your landlord and have an agreement on how you intend to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by AntiWailer: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
If u are in need.

It will be a salary advance structured.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by sofiscatedmoron: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin. This country hard, I swear

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by babaRUNtinz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Before ńkọ́? Ẹ make sense baje.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Stanislause94: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hmm
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by bluefilm: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?

it's not proper to borrow money at all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Yankee101: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Go right ahead
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
No harm done. Its better than staying homeless.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Deicide: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
3 month of your salary is supposed to be able to cover your rent. If it can't then change apartment to one that does.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Moh247: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Yes it is called salary advance
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by pek(m): 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
It it is quit notice and not quiet . There is nothing wrong especially if you are in his good books and can pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by SpatialKing(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Not bad at all
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by chukkystar(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nothing like proper or improper when thinks like this are involved ooo, if You get better Boss wey dey understand God don bless You be that..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by jolaksy: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Since, it's just a 'quiet' notice. You and your landlord can sort it out quietly, LOL

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Depends on the type of person you have as a boss

T O DARLING

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by diggindeep: 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Welcome to the beginning of see finish.

stevnwigw1:

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by chukkystar(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Deicide:
3 month of your salary is supposed to be able to cover your rent. If it can't then change apartment to one that does.
it should be 5 months now cos our Naira is now useless
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by jrusky(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Well it's no big deal depending who is your boss and the relationship between both of you.

With some boss pls don't try it it's better you beg or borrow from outsider to pay your rent than involving him or her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job? / Some People Kill With Words / Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.