Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent (13559 Views)

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Anyone who does business with this scumbags claiming to be hackers in various ways does that on his or her own risk.
godadax790:
Yey
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by adahsimeon66(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Try your luck

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Rhozabeth(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vorrow from the company and not from ur boss!
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by adahsimeon66(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?
Try your luck
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by adahsimeon66(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?
Try your ljck
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by PointZerom: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thantayo:
The real question is how long do you want to keep living above your means.

You think that borrowing money from your boss to pay rent means that one is leaving above his means?
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by dododawa1: 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Best option is d BOSS.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Enumerator(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
cheesy
sofiscatedmoron:
grin. This country hard, I swear
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Charly68: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Apply for I O U but never make it a practice
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Franklyspeakin: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
You wey dey correct don go make mistake
pek:
It it is quit notice and not quiet not. There is NOTHING absolutely wrong especially if you are in is good books and can pay.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by EmmaLege: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Omo I’m also in this situation angry
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Merejiboi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
You work in that establishment. Yes, it's very proper just as would be an advance payment of your wage.
Kindly pay back no matter how pressing your need for cash might be when the date is due.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Merejiboi(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
Enumerator:
cheesy
And this is supposed to be a relief?
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Gkemz: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
You should request for salary advance instead.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by DaddyNimo(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I for say make I borrow you but den na so una dey humble when una wan borrow money, na to pay back una go turn abacha, una go begin say "Nigeria is oweing" so you borrow from your oga so e go fit sack you if you no pay back....for your colleagues not to wanna borrow you it means your way no pure

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by mikywonder(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
I do give my workers money to pay rent
Depends on how productive he or she is
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Colewrld1: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Instead of borrowing which ur not sure you'll be able to pay off. If u eventually do u end up my having any to sustain yourself. You can be become and affiliate marketer and earn weekly from 250k to 400k depending on the sales u made.
Chat me on whatsapp 08160685529. I'll teach u how Nd indicate ur interested in learning affiliate marketing.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by UnknownQueen(f): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pharmmaqp:
If your pay can cover the balance.

Just talk to your landlord and give him a specific date for repayment.

Omo.. I used to take loans from my previous company.. that didn't end well with me. I became naturally submissive and over loyal to an extent that I didn't even notice when I started being maltreated..
Just wait it out if possible.

If your landlord refuses.. go to your boss .. after this.. Don't ask your boss anything again

Have you not heard that the borrower is always a slave to the lender.......

Sorry about what you went through...
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Machinegun91(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Your boss will never have a single respect on you again, he will look down at you. He will mock you on a very good day.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Holaomoakin(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Wpp1: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Seek help when needed
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by AdejorLawrence(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
Nothing wrong doing that.
Where I work here, provision for loan is made by the company. So If a worker needs loan he can apply and get it.
That's if he's not a new staff.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by phemmyfour: 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
Study your boss...if he's approachable and reasonable....go ahead
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Johel(m): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:

If your salary is almost or over a 100k, borrow from him, he should remove from your salary based on how you want it spread...Not all bosses will accept tho, but try politely in sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Cutehector(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
No try am o
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by frozen70(f): 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:

But for long will you be doing this

If you are able to get it from your Boss

Try and look for an accommodation that the rent will not put you under undue pressure
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by nedekid: 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lightway:

Have you tried loan apps

Fairmoney
Branch
Palm credit

Altogether will give you 50k
Naa, according to Nigerians, those companies are evil. Ie after collecting their money and solving immediate problems.
I thought gov had clamped down on them.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by ElonMosque(m): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
jolaksy:
Since, it's just a 'quiet' notice. You and your landlord can sort it out quietly, LOL

repent cheesy
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by tiswell(m): 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Deicide:
3 month of your salary is supposed to be able to cover your rent. If it can't then change apartment to one that does.
economically, one month salary should cover ones annual rent or the person is living above his means sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job? / Some People Kill With Words / Dele Adesina Wants NBA Election Cancelled As Akpata Maintains Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.