Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent (13562 Views)

In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Lightway: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?

Have you tried loan apps

Fairmoney
Branch
Palm credit

Altogether will give you 50k

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Tannhauser(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Johnezegie: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Canada work visa and visitor diplomatic visa available call/whatsapp us on

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by avrilwisedata: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
NO
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Burgerlomo: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Go and ask your boss before it's too late
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by petite626: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
something happened that took my money, my wife got admission into the Nigerian law school and all our money went there.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Obidient4life2: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
I am on the verge of making a decision, I need advice, my landlord is on my neck, as his rent for the last year running remains 50k, I have paid 100k, as the rent for a self-contain is 150k in my area in Owerri. Now he has given me two weeks to pay the balance of 50k or risk getting a quiet notice, as he said their quiet notice is alien to the law because the area is a student area. I want to ask my boss at my work place to help me with the money when he pays he can deduct it or I will give him back. I met some of my coworkers and they advised me to meet our boss, is it right to do so?
There nothing wrong there.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by petite626: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lightway:

Have you tried loan apps

Fairmoney
Branch
Palm credit

wrongest advice so far...........
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Naijabizman: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Get an Hisense LED TV (32 inches)
#75,000 (Negotiable)
Neatly used tvs, dm for photos.
Whatsapp: 08022974675
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by petite626: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thantayo:
The real question is how long do you want to keep living above your means.

not necessarily so cos shit happens
you can only say this when his one month salary cannot pay his rent.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Holysax29(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thantayo:
The real question is how long do you want to keep living above your means.

Someome living in a 150k per annum apartment is living above means right? What has Nigeria done to us.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Holysax29(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lightway:

Have you tried loan apps

Fairmoney
Branch
Palm credit

Avoid loan apps please, still better if your bank can give you a loan.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Munzy14(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
Advance salary is obtainable..Just approach him..But mind you, a beggar had got no choice..In case he comes with conditions.

Again, it depends on a boss with understanding...If na the bossy type it's a 50/50

When My workers come for advance salary, I don't waste time at all challenges comes in any time for any human still breathing....If you've been on the other side of life, you will agree with me..This life is nothing big..

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by AgentGoat: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
pek:
It it is quit notice and not quiet not. There is absolutely wrong especially if you are in is good books and can pay.

See corrector absolutely wrong grin

My guy go ahead and collect salary advance. Pay back in time as at when due.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by cpu2006(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Your wife got admissions to law school?
May God Almighty Continue to bless you bro. Am proud of you

Nothing wrong if you ask your boss to borrow you money since you will pay back.
You will definitely build your own house very soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Bimpe29: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
There's nothing wrong in borrowing from you boss, particularly for the payment of rent which has direct and remote on your deliverables.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Isobug: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
That's the best place to even borrow

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by pocohantas(f): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pharmmaqp:
If your pay can cover the balance.

Just talk to your landlord and give him a specific date for repayment.

Omo.. I used to take loans from my previous company.. that didn't end well with me. I became naturally submissive and over loyal to an extent that I didn't even notice when I started being maltreated..
Just wait it out if possible.

If your landlord refuses.. go to your boss .. after this.. Don't ask your boss anything again

Hmmm. I hope life is better now. embarassed
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Streett: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by sonnie10: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
What is your repayment plan? There might be help somewhere
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by maxlamenace008: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
I mean, if you really need the money to pay your rent i think it would be appropriate to borrow some to your boss but its kinda risky, you're basically giving him/her more power over you..

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by harmargedon: 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
bluefilm:

it's not proper to borrow money at all.
tell that to bubu angry grin grin grin grin grin.

Or to the entire 36 states
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
My own concern is that why people don't different between quit, quite and quiet? Thanks
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
something happened that took my money, my wife got admission into the Nigerian law school and all our money went there.
hope no be your girlfriend Sha? Thanks
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Thirtyrockers: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Borrow it
Make a banner of Peter Obi
The faith you have in him will help you.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Ijoba85: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Baba ask Google
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Adedotguy: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Borrowing from loan app is NO or even your bank sef will collect interest that if you get it from them sha. If it is a one of thing, take away pride, Meet your boss if he has a good record of treating staff well for salary advance which will not attract interest.
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Harrynight(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
shocked

It's jus 50k
There is nothing wrong asking him for a loan and deduct from your salary!
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by thuxzwda1: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:

grin grin grin grin....fear this man
Re: Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent by Truvelisback(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
stevnwigw1:
Ask urself, is right to be thrown out of the house by ur landlord while working for ur boss?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Cope When Sacked? / Some People Kill With Words / Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.