Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education (4373 Views)

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan / Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EzeUche(m): 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
Imo indigenes return home for free education

Places in Benue State, which were populated by the Igbos, appear deserted
ARTICLE | JULY 23, 2011 - 1:07PM | BY ADAEGO OGBULAFOR

Imo State indigenes residing in Benue state are returning back home to enjoy the free education policy of Governor Rochas Okorocha, investigations have revealed.

Okorocha started the actualization of his free education project in Imo State when he told reporters in Owerri, at the beginning of the month, that he has approved the sum of N2.7 billion for the renovation of primary and secondary schools in the 27 local government areas of the state. He, also, announced the introduction of free education from primary to secondary school levels

Then the state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Barr. Soronnadi Njoku, had on behalf of the governor, said that the sum includes a N100 million allocation made to each of the 27 local government areas as take-off grants of the state Rescue Mission on Health, Security and Education.

Three weeks later, areas within Markudi, the capital of Benue State, which was populated by the Ibos, seems deserted.

A casual visit to places like Wadata, North-Bank and Modern market where the Igbos had rented apartments and shops revealed that most of the occupants had left.

Those left in the areas said their neighbours left for their state with high expectations.

Patrick Enemmuo, a former secretary of Actors Guild of Nigeria, said that the policies of Okorocha's administration might have influenced the decisions of the Igbos to return to their states. 

He said the Okorocha’s policies targets for the less privileged; noting that the governor’s payment of billions in salary arrears convinced the indigenes he is ready to serve. 

“One can imagine that the arrears of entire workforce in Imo for the past 10 years running into billions had also been offset up to date in less than two months and he had also offered to sacrifice his personal emoluments for the development of the state while serving the people.”

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/imo-indigenes-return-home-free-education
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EzeUche(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
It is good to see Igbos coming home. Igbo governors need to emulate Okorocha who is bringing Igbos home.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
this is what i like seeing. Rochas nice one wink just keep it up
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EkoIle1: 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
What ca I say, ibo people like awoof too.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EzeUche(m): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
EzeUche:

He said the Okorocha’s policies targets for the less privileged; noting that the governor’s payment of billions in salary arrears convinced the indigenes he is ready to serve. 

He is inspiring many Nigerians. I hope he continues with his work. I hope the other Igbo governors are watching his approach to handling issues.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
Wonder shall never end,adults are relocating cuz of basic education ! Anyways,When are the ones in Lagos going to relocate to enjoy this awuf bonanza ?
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EzeUche(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Wonder shall never end,adults are relocating cuz of basic education ! Anyways,When are the ones in Lagos going to relocate to enjoy this awuf bonanza ?

Why would they not move, because of basic education for their children? People are optimistic about Okorocha and his plans for Imo state.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

What ca I say, ibo people like awoof too.
~Bluetooth:

haba brothers, we should encourage the governor. at least he has the brain to think of such and do it. Now compare him to his predecessors in imo state

even chime and ameachi as things are looking now can not even stand close to him (not that they were doing anything before now)

rochas is trying and he should be encourage so other governors can learn from him as well. wink
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EkoIle1: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
Were they rushing back last month? All they care about is awoof.

Shouldnt they be relocating to develop their villages instead running around the place for free goodies?
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Chyz2: 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Were they rushing back last month? All they care about is awoof.

Shouldnt they be relocating to develop their villages instead running around the place for free goodies?

Dont worry, be happy.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Chyz2: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
This is a prime example of what needs to be done in nigeria to bring its people back home. Good job!
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by ak47mann(m): 3:27am On Jul 26, 2011
nice one cool
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EkoIle1: 3:32am On Jul 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Dont worry, be happy.

Be happy for what? That instead of contributing to move your communities forward by paying taxes and growing the economy, you are rushing over to go claim awoof?

Y'all are funny people I swear.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by alex14(m): 3:59am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile link=topic=720727.msg8789417#msg8789417 date=131164ake 7550:

Be happy for what? That instead of contributing to move your communities forward by paying taxes and growing the economy, you are rushing over to go claim awoof?

Ok since you're not happy and have made it your point of duty to be running after Igbo people with your rascally amala and ewedu legs, why not take 2 tablets of otapiapia like your father awolowo did when he committed suicide, it will help put you out of misery PERMANENTLY, ewu!
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2011
alex_101:

Ok since you're not happy and have made it your point of duty to be running after Igbo people with your rascally amala and ewedu legs, why not take 2 tablets of otapiapia like your father awolowo did when he committed suicide, it will help put you out of misery PERMANENTLY, ewu!

guy if you don't stop calling the great man awolowo in your every post , i bet you that you would not like me again on this forum.

leave awolowo out of this and post to who ever you want to post to. once you keep this ur insult on awolowo then get ready for what ever you see on this site.

that is a warning
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by ak47mann(m): 4:06am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

guy if you don't stop calling the great man awolowo in your every post , i bet you that you would not like me again on this forum.

leave awolowo out of this and post to who ever you want to post to. once you keep this your insult on awolowo then get ready for what ever you see on this site.

that is a warning
sharap aboki namanama sad sad
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:10am On Jul 26, 2011
ak47mann:

sharap aboki namanama sad sad

i bet you all especially the igbos have love the respect I have given your people. Now dragging Awolowo a man whom I benefited from his polices would not be the right way to go about things.

Insult yoruba people, call then ngbatic Yoruba, call aboki hausa , namanama cow ewu etc I really do not care . Just leave Awolowo and Bello out of this then we all would be cool. Thanks and I am sure you would understand
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by alex14(m): 4:11am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

leave awolowo out of this and post to who ever you want to post to. once you keep this your insult on awolowo then get ready for what ever you see on this site.

that is a warning
grin Ranting of an Yoruba criminal with 100s of moniker,,,BTW, step1 where is our fake itshekiri man, I'm waiting for him to show up.
Thunder fire your "amalarised" fingers for typing this stupid crap you put up here,,,your awolowo is in hell getting f##ked by the devil and when you join him, make sure you go their with tons of vasseline angry
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:14am On Jul 26, 2011
alex_101:

grin Ranting of an Yoruba criminal with 100s of moniker,,,BTW, step1 where is our fake itshekiri man, I'm waiting for him to show up.
Thunder fire your "amalarised" fingers for typing this silly crap you put up here,,,your awolowo is in hell getting f##ked by the devil and when you join him, make sure you go their with tons of vasseline angry

as for you Enough said. It would not take me anything to drag you whole people to the mud. It is a matter of time and I have a lot of that right now. DON'T INSULT AWOLOWO OR BELLO IN YOU rubbish tribalistic post. again that is a warning before I start smiley
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by alex14(m): 4:17am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

as for you Enough said. It would not take me anything to drag you whole people to the mud. It is a matter of time and I have a lot of that right now. DON'T INSULT AWOLOWO OR BELLO IN YOU rubbish tribalistic post. again that is a warning before I start smiley
Before you start, can you log on with your 100s of other monikers,,,as you will need them all.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:19am On Jul 26, 2011
alex_101:

Before you start, can you log on with your 100s of other monikers,,,as you will need them all.

Right now I have alj harem as my usernames in 3 forms and others where locked by the mods and even if I have others you would know. Just respect others for others to respect you.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by alex14(m): 4:29am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

Right now I have alj harem as my usernames in 3 forms and others where locked by the mods and even if I have others you would know. Just respect others for others to respect you.

I think you ought to direct that message of respect to your fellow Yorubas, especially the Fashola arse-licker eko ile, who is having a heart attack because an Igbo state's free education to its citizens.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:39am On Jul 26, 2011
alex_101:

I think you ought to direct that message of respect to your fellow Yorubas, especially the Fashola arse-licker eko ile, who is having a heart attack because an Igbo state's free education to its citizens.

Lol i am not yoruba if you know me but that aside. Eko ile did not refer to igbo or any ethnic group he was talking about the government free education policy which i kindly objected to as you can see. I believe you can do the same instead of call "yoruba" or awolowo etc. We can see this as a good thing but if a poster object, then the right thing to do is explain to him instead of calling names. Unless ofcourse you are in the "tribalistic section" wink
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Chyz2: 4:47am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Obviously you are unaware to the fact that we Igbos are renown for contributing to our ancestral communities. As far as paying taxes to grow the economy, are your own people doing that?

Also, once the Niger River port is complete, you can expect more of us to flock back to Igboland. That should be a "good thing" for you. More space for your people to do their thing in their land.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 4:51am On Jul 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Obviously you are unaware to the fact that we Igbos are renown for contributing to our ancestral communities. As far as paying taxes to grow the economy, are your own people doing that?

Also, once the Niger River port is complete, you can expect more of us to flock back to Igboland. That should be a "good thing" for you. More space for your people to do their thing in their land.

talking about that, what stage is the river niger dredging is now
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On Jul 26, 2011
hahaha

Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by Chyz2: 4:57am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

talking about that, what stage is the river niger dredging is now

There is a thread on that already and you've contributed to it. Forgot?
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by EkoIle1: 5:36am On Jul 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Obviously you are unaware to the fact that we Igbos are renown for contributing to our ancestral communities
. As far as paying taxes to grow the economy, are your own people doing that?

See comedy. You mean after sending your Taxes to Fashola, you people dey send they send the same to your villages?

You funny gan sha.

Are you the special assistant for comedic affairs? lmao

lol @ river niger. Incompetent people are always relying on the federal government for everything, your future is in the hands of the incompetent federal government.

Ordinary ZIK monument den never even touch 16 years after many administration don run mouth to finish am, even you people refuse to step in and honor your own, na federal government you expect to do everything for your, that's why y'all are at the bottom of things, y'all are not proactive, y'all lack every sense of initiative, y'all can not do anything for yourselves. I bet y'all want the federal to comot akpu from inside bowl and put am for ya mouth,

Y'all are very funny I swear.
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 5:43am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

See comedy. You mean after sending your Taxes to Fashola, you people dey send they send the same to your villages?

You funny gan sha.

Are you the special assistant for comedic affairs? lmao

lol @ river niger. Incompetent people are always relying on the federal government for everything, your future is in the hands of the incompetent federal government.

Ordinary ZIK monument den never even touch 16 years after many administration don run mouth to finish am, even you people refuse to step in and honor your own, na federal government you expect to do everything for your, that's why y'all are at the bottom of things, y'all are not proactive, y'all lack every sense of initiative, y'all can not do anything for yourselves. I bet y'all want the federal to comot akpu from inside bowl and put am for ya mouth,

Y'all are very funny I swear.

eko ile, leave ZIK out of this. They do not like ZIK and as such are not obliger to honour him. River niger is almost done to completion. just watch and leave there matter alone if you want to criticize. becos once you do that, they would not only insult you but awo and i do not like that. Just deal with individuals. thanks
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by dramenda(f): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2011
i d
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by e90(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2011
sullivan chime should come nd see wat a governor should do.rubbish
Re: Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education by aljharem(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2011
e90:

sullivan chime should come nd see wat a governor should do.rubbish

nairaland enugu people said chime is transforming enugu, so it is a lie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is President Jonathan Being Laughed At During His UN Address. / Mr. Ogbeni Is Calling Workers "Olori Buruku / Strange!!! Chibok Girls Kidnapped “over Three Months” Ago – President Tells UN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.