Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages (38347 Views)

4 Newborn Babies Die In Sapele Central Hospital, Delta. Doctor ‘Found Drunk’ / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ / UPTH Delivers First IVF Baby In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Kwara1stson: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2022
Nigeria happened to them
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Help2020: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2022

3 Likes

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by jericco1(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2022
Imagine so those babies died due to lack of power?
Omo this country no get shame

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Moh247: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
PDP governors are Useless
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Preciousppearl(f): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
DoctorAbk:
Where is wike
it's a federal hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by aikyg(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
This is madness.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Itzurboi(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
I need buhari to increase the vawulence to 10000mw, we must get sense by force..

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
ifex370:
Let's vote more corrupt leaders abeg.

I'm begging you guys.

Please Keep voting the most corrupt people that cannot offer you the basic things you need to survive.

Nigerians deserve the people they vote for.
Yes ooo.
Make we kukuma finish the country patapata.

Vote old men
Vote same old and recycled politicians
Vote men with same old promises
Vote your tribesman.
Vote for 5k

Vote Tinubu and his likes for 2023 and beyond

4 Likes

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Wizzarro(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
Nigeria from top to bottom

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Buje1987(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2022
And yet some unfortunate being are still supporting this devilish Apc old fools to come to government again. When do Nigerian youths wan get sense and know that this people don’t mean good for us . Let’s vote Peter Obi he’s young and vibrant with business and vision mind soul. I’m Yoruba man from Ogun but let’s leave tribe aside and build this country together. I see goodness and betterment in Peter Obi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by ogbuefi677(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
people hailing Wike the wickedness

Over to you
Federal hospital

4 Likes

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Kenmatt(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2022
UPTH
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by ecolime(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
people hailing Wike the wickedness

Over to you
Mumu...

UPTH is owned by the Federal government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2022
At the end, this is what you get when power costs less than what it costs to produce it.....

Plus, a lot of Nigerians don't pay their power bills because it is too expensive apparently. This impacts on the ability of discos to provide good service...and at the end, as seen here...babies die.

If we want good power

1.Government should let the DISCOS and GENCOS run at a profit. And stop setting their prices.

2.The Nigerians who don't pay for power and chase DISCO workers away from disconetting them, should pay up, and stop complaining. Yes, estimated billing is not fair...I know from firsthand experience...but even then, I alway paid...not because I was a good boy, but because it benefits everyone else if we all pay.

GSM did not have that problem...which is why I can type this from home. 17 years ago, I would have had to go to a internet cafe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by marenkurz: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Tweh.
Spit. I reject Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Balder: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Sorry to disturb you all but pls am starving someone should help me out so I can some foodstuffs to eat, I'm depressed
Union bank 0149053732 Tina Solomon

Thank you, God bless you
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by clintino700(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Yet they are criticising PO for visiting Egypt to study the secret behind there power supply

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by JokwaNwannem(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2022
Poor management from the teaching hospital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by olowo1930: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2022
God deliver this country from APC satanic bondage ,we were promised megawatts but now even life is nothing to people in power. God console the deceased family. Let your Mercy speak for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Occurstaem(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2022
What a sad event! This could have been avoided.
I'm pained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by jogojogo: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2022
But during his time as a Governor, the State Health workers were on strike for 13months
Which is worse?
Or has Peter Obi changed?
odoemenacelevian:
Vote Peter Obi for sustainable power supply..
He will lead us out of this..

Am begging you my fellow Honourable Nigerian
Please..

We need a leader like Peter Obi who is full of compassion
He will save our country

2 Likes

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Gabbriell: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2022
adioolayi:
This Country just keep-on breaking her own worse records.

14 babies..gone like that because of Electricity

O ga o

Because of a failed country.

14 babies just like that. Nigeria failed them even b4 the could see Nigeria. Sad, very sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Beedude(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2022
boldsleek:
cry.

I weep for my country.!!

but, wait, is it that the hospital don't have standby Generator that's big enough to power the hospital.?

Our lackadaisical attitude to government work in this country is heartbreaking Sha.
The money must have been allocated. Na those hospital head go embezzle am.
We are our worst enemy.
The only thing the govt should focus on is accountability and checkmating the affairs of it different parastaters.
Corruption is deeply rooted in our society.
Just like the police ask for mobilisation fee before coming to ur aid, all parastaters look for a way to corner money meant for miscellaneous.
It is well

2 Likes

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Moneyyman: 9:51am On Jul 02, 2022
This is painful by all accounts.

They have robbed the families of their joy, stolen the lives and destiny of young babies, and left people traumatized forever.

May God console the families.

The only silver lining is that those babies will never grow up in this dead country. They're at rest now, thank God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by SLOVFO(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2022
Should we still wait for the federal government to do the needful ? This is a state hospital for goodness sake. An oil rich state for that matter. Their should be an alternative power supply system in place na... most hospital powers their incubators with solar panel and inverters.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Alzirida(f): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2022
Fake news tho
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Enny2013(f): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2022
Dis same thing lead to the death of my Branch Manager on 22nd of June.
Dis same hospital. Today is her funeral.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2022
Power failure? Does the hospital not have generators? How come 14 babies died and no one got punished?

This shows a lack of responsibility in whoever heads over the hospital. Knowing the severity of the situation, there is no reason why departments hosting incubators shouldn't have their own backup generator if the one used by the entire facility isn't working. Power failure isn't the excuse.

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by trumpcoat(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2022
odoemenacelevian:
Vote Peter Obi for sustainable power supply..
He will lead us out of this..

Am begging you my fellow Honourable Nigerian
Please..

We need a leader like Peter Obi who is full of compassion

I follow you waka bro
He will save our country
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Nonexisting: 10:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Nigeria happened on those helpless children. Others may be mourning them but I am happy for them for escaping this hell called Nigeria. They can reincarnate in another sane country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Mother Battles Life With 'Strange Pregnancy' In Yobe (Photo) / Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) / Health Professionals Urged To Call Vaginas 'bonus Holes' ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.