Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages (38346 Views)

4 Newborn Babies Die In Sapele Central Hospital, Delta. Doctor ‘Found Drunk’ / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ / UPTH Delivers First IVF Baby In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Perfectbeing(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
odoemenacelevian:
Vote Peter Obi for sustainable power supply..
He will lead us out of this..

Am begging you my fellow Honourable Nigerian
Please..

We need a leader like Peter Obi who is full of compassion
He will save our country
Peter Obi said Infrastructures doesn't drive an economy. Are dams and power stations not infrastructures?
Peter Obi isn't the solution. We need a man whose past as a Governor shows he can solve power situation.

Tinubu is the man.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Emdebby2: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
This is pathetic! I feel for the parents.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by ADEADE292: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Funnest thing is that, the leaders were less concerned about that.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by maxzzo1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
people hailing Wike the wickedness

Over to you
Mumu UPTH is Federal hospital , if is BMH dey na Wike be that.....
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by maxzzo1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Peter Obi said Infrastructures doesn't drive an economy. Are dams and power stations not infrastructures?
Peter Obi isn't the solution. We need a man whose past as a Governor shows he can solve power situation.

Tinubu is the man.
So which one b Tinubu's own eat agbado, cassava and maize abi.....Jonsing people
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Emmanuel909090: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Too bad to know.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
maxzzo1:

Mumu UPTH is Federal hospital , if is BMH dey na Wike be that.....

Mumu..

So the kids had to die when the state government could intervene.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by bizzibodi(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pikins wey just arrive this shiithole kwantry.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Savagery101: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
JUST IMAGINE HAPPENINGS IN THE ZOO
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Emerie97: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2022

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Benrosaria(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lololol.. power outage made Yu lose a bay...

Its hard write all how much more 14

So person make persons die

Instead of persons to make a person die
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Emerie97: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
This is a very BIG rumor
Its a false information
Nothing like this happened

1 Like

Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by grandstar(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
If 10% of the sum expended towards the presidential election was lavished on power generation for the hospital, they would be singing a different tune. It is just inexcusable.

Over 70bn was handed out to Rivers state by the FG for repairing federal roads. A state flush with so much cash has zero business having power blackout in the university hospital.

Corrction: Since it's a federal government hospital, it is the sole responsibility of that level of government. Wike is free
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by OBUA12345: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Say baba. U that is reading this post complaining here and there, tomorrow u will vote for bad government what are u expecting in the future. The ball is in our hands now.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Perfectbeing(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
maxzzo1:

So which one b Tinubu's own eat agbado, cassava and maize abi.....Jonsing people
I'd rather a person who doesn't have a bad record of owing Doctors and lecturers as my President.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

Power generators that did not work and were another avenue to steal money.

7 years under APC what has happened?

You fools will continue blaming others instead of taking responsibility.
let me school you alil…when obasanjo denied Lagos the use of power generator,he also went further to make the legislators make it a law that no state can provide power on its own…Yes tinubu is a thief but let’s give it to him when he wanted to turn Lagos around
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Theunbothered: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Benz4pimp:
let me school you alil…when obasanjo denied Lagos the use of power generator,he also went further to make the legislators make it a law that no state can provide power on its own…Yes tinubu is a thief but let’s give it to him when he wanted to turn Lagos around

Which Obasanjo again?

Tinubu himself said he went to court on that issue and won the case so what are you even saying!?

Does Akwa Ibom not have several independent power projects? Why didn't Obasanjo reach their side!?

Honestly you people should just shut up, I'm angry whenever I hear people who can't use simple Google say nonsense confidently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/02/09/tinubu-reveals-atiku-obasanjo-caused-epileptic-power-supply-attacks-peter-obi/%3famp=1
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by maasoap(m): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
bayelsaowei:
it is apparent you're pushing for one of our ancestors (atiku or tinubu) to be president...and I also think you voted for Buhari...

Fools everywhere in the country...

That's what most of you are good at, abusing people. Other than that, your contribution to the society is almost zero. Do you even have PVC to begin with? Have you ever voted before?
I can vote for Atiku or Tinubu, it is called democracy. May be you are one of those directionless Obi supporters, I'm not surprised.
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Bomaking(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
It's only that can help us in this country.. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Bullahville: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Re: 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages by Alzirida(f): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
chaseblack:

Why do you say so?

Mind you I believe the babies didn't all die at once, I believe it's a recurrent issue.

Same issue happens to all university research facilities, all research programmes which was being done before the strike have all gone bad despite the use millions students and lecturers must have spent, not to even talk of the laborious effort put into those research at first.
They'll have to start again.
In a country that has little resources, much is being wasted just because of this electricity issue.

Good that staff and management debunked the fake news.

UPTH SCBU don't even have 14 functional incubators let alone 14 babies dying from power outage.

If u say the death didn't all happened at a go, why didn't the news state it that way. There's nothing wrong giving correct statistics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Mother Battles Life With 'Strange Pregnancy' In Yobe (Photo) / Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) / Health Professionals Urged To Call Vaginas 'bonus Holes' ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.