Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37989 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
IbileIfe:

He worked as an accountant for Mobil, Arthur Andersen, an American accounting firm based in Chicago that provided auditing, tax advising, consulting and worked for Deloitte US | Audit, Consulting, Advisory, and Tax Services.
Where have you and your fellow ignoramuses worked or presently working?
Idumota, Ladipo or filthy stinking Onitsha?
Did you even pass Mathematics in your WAEC or GCE.

Have ever done any Accenture Assessment Test?
Do you even know Accenture?

Where I have worked?
At 21, I was a public health illustrator for John's Hopkins University's Population Communication Services (JHU/PCS) and at 25 I was a national Program Consultant for the UNICEF in Nigeria and later at 27 I worked for the Publicity Department of the Alhaji Bamanga Tukur's presidential campaign.

One thing I have noticed about many of the ignoramuses supporting Peter "Pandora" Obi is the intellectual ignorance in displaying their gullibility and stupidity.

How does all you have typed prove that Tinubu has a lot to offer as president of Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by chigoizie7(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

It has been sorted.

I asked why people are still trooping into Lagos if there are no jobs?

Answer it if you can.

Lagos is just a state out of 36 plus FCT unless you are telling us that he is coming in as a president only for the people of Lagos state and not the entire Nigeria
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by anungangampu: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Even ordinary barbers take credit in USA. Oga forget all this long talk, come USA come learn.

Some guys that get here as student from Nigeria can even take credit to buy iPhones on ordinary teaching assistant job. They even give student credit cards without any jobs, the only issue is that they will cap it at low limits.

Well the remaining 30% employed can enjoy the benefit of credit until we lift the rest out of unemployment.

Both of them can work together. Stop being dumb, open your mind to see the brighter side of life.

Usa vs Nigeria... Lol..

I call it Tibunomics
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ijscarface: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinubu is brilliant and a good business man
But this his analogy is not entirely proportional unless he is just giving an example.
With inflation and other factors there is no way someone who earns 100k will do all the things he is saying who will fund it

Dont get me wrong if P0 was not on the ballot For me i would choose Tinubu
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Golan007: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

Lagos is just a state out of 36 plus FCT unless you are telling us that he is coming in as a president only for the people of Lagos state and not the entire Nigeria

Were you expecting Tinubu to solve the problems of other states before he's president?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does that reduce corruption?

It’s simple.

Ability to afford cars, houses, and etc. could make people venture into corrupt means. If I see my neighbor buying cars, I might be tempted to also go and steal or siphon public money because I want to afford it.

So if I can also get a car like my neighbor with ability to pay back in installments, I won’t have that much reason to steal or be desperate to siphon money to get the same thing.

That’s what Tinubu is trying to say.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by DOD88: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
We are interested hater! Leave our incoming president alone.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aviara: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
People don't have jobs and can't eat three square meals you are talking about cars and houses.

Tinubu governance style doesn't believe the govt should do anything for the people. He believes the people should pay taxes on everything and at the same the people should pay for anything the govt provides.

This is like saying the people exist for the govt and not that the govt exist for the people
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

Your price rise comparison is the same in UK and US... Not only Nigeria
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Daydream252(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

So you are trying to explain more better for us to understand bro [color=#990000][/color]
He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.

So you are trying to explain more better so we can understand what he meant to say my brother why can't we the young people see that this old men don't have anything good for us I'm not saying because I'm from the eastern region but we have all seen Peter obi talk he really knows how to do his things to see that this country will be better for young people
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
abbey621:

How does that help him with managing a country as troublesome as Nigeria. The argument was that Tinubu's experience in Lagos is not the same as tackling Nigeria. So how does a man that has only governed Anambra be more equipped to tackle the demon called Nigeria? Unless you are saying age trumps all other attributes?

When it comes to intelligence, Obi can only wish he has the mental and emotional capacity of Jagaban, experience comes with age and years of dealing with numerous politicians with high egos. Someone mentioned security and I think this should be a major focus, if the cabals in the North could frustrate GEJ a man that gave them everything, why wouldn't they frustrate someone like Obi with even less structure and experience with our Northern neighbors?

See anyone that believes one man can change Nigeria is obviously delusional, we need a president that can play dirty and at the same time open up the economy with investments and international support, we need a president respected across political parties and structures. We need someone that they won't be frustrated by the Legislative branch of governemnt, unless you're banking on most members of the Legislative to decamp to Labor party or perhaps Obi would join PDP again after winning? grin grin grin

So who is that person?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Voiceofthestree: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.

I do not said anything otherwise. Do
You know Tinubu was the one that raise up Buhari hand in south west rally 2015 I was there Tinubu said Buhari will give us the change we need they make different promises it been 8years the situation getting worst everyday people are dying. Fail who do you want to blame for APC failure or Buhari failure for 8good years who do you blame for it??. One I blame Tinubu I campaign for APC 2015 I spend money to apc I lodge for hotel drink beer and carry ashawo I even host many people that night for the hotel Nd mobilise people canvas them vote apc 2015 then I was using my Toyota Camry 2.0 I brought it direct begging 850 it been 8years now that same car is a rough 2.8million now. Are we going forward or backward me and my family are tired of APC or PDP we want a new part as we all voted for APC before we all want to go for LP let see what they can also do then if they Bleep up we go for NNPP
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by TheOldGods: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

oga calm down, nobody is looking for mortgage.. is it not stupid that you earn 100k a month, buy a car of 8 million and you keep paying it for ever, let's do the maths at the current price of things, atleast 70k should be manageable a month. It will take a the person 22 years to pay off 8million naira. Really, I thought he should be talking about increasing salaries so an Average Nigerian can pay up within 5 years max. You go dey pay for 20 years plus, add school fees for kids, add electricity bill, and feeding etc. This man has no single Agenda.

What we need in Nigeria are just 3 things

1 Electricity

2 reduce costs of governance

3 Turn the country into a production economy. Simple

Not loan blah blah.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by mmsen: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
His plan is to sell the country to the banking cartel because this policy has worked so well in the 'developed' world? lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

It’s simple.

Ability to afford cars, houses, and etc. could make people venture into corrupt means. If I see my neighbor buying cars, I might be tempted to also go and steal or siphon public money because I want to afford it.

So if I can also get a car like my neighbor with ability to pay back in installments, I won’t have that much reason to steal or be desperate to siphon money to get the same thing.

The politicians that have stolen in the past and amassed so much wealth, has that stopped them from continuously stealing? Is there a limit to stealing?

Is it lack of loan or credit that is responsible for corruption in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by femicyrus(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
I can't believe I only focused on his hands to see if it will shake. sad

Obidient urchin have successfully manipulated Nigerians to believe that the man is sick.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ijoba85: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Shey Buhari look like person wey dey hear advice for your eyes? Tinubu is blameless
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by DOD88: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
naija4life247:
The First Class Chicago State University Accounting graduate is talking, 3rd Class Philosophy graduate of local university should come and learn
Yes o! Asiwaju all the way. Our other friend has a lot to learn before he get there, such as getting the North's approval, decider of Nigerian president.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Abdul05: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Amen ..God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aviara: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

It’s simple.

Absolute rubbish.
Are you saying people who own houses and cars don't have corruption tendencies? The accountant general that stole N80b doesn't he have houses and cars? Or what type of car and house does he want to acquire with such large sum.

Sani Abacha who siphoned billions of dollars abroad, was the money to buy cars and houses? How many cars or houses will a person acquire before he gets satisfied?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PrincessofDSS(f): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
This one sweet me
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by abbey621(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

So who is that person?

Whether we like it or not, we have been presented with 3 bad choices, out of all of them I would pick Tinubu not because he's a saint but because he's the path to the least chaos. Obi is a good guy but good guys don't last in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ijoba85: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Baba stop spreading your illiteracy here abeg
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

The politicians that have stolen in the past and amassed so much wealth, has that stopped them from continuously stealing? Is there a limit to stealing?

Lack of loan is part of the reason for corruption. Boy it’s a simple reasoning nao.

Corruption is multi-faceted, it cannot be curbed completely but can be reduced by implementing some changes one of which mortgage is part of.

Lifting people out of poverty, effective legal system that make people pay for crimes irrespective of class, and etc are part of that too.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Daydream252(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
paskal16:
Old man you literally bought your way through the delegates with dollars

Very very ironic

I love your thinking bro this man don't have anything up there to offer us young people
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
TheOldGods:
oga calm down, nobody is looking for mortgage.. is it not stupid that you earn 100k a month, buy a car of 8 million and you keep paying it for ever, let's do the maths at the current price of things, atleast 70k should be manageable a month. It will take a the person 22 years to pay off 8million naira. Really, I thought he should be talking about increasing salaries so an Average Nigerian can pay up within 5 years max. You go dey pay for 20 years plus, add school fees for kids, add electricity bill, and feeding etc. This man has no single Agenda.

What we need in Nigeria are just 3 things

1 Electricity

2 reduce costs of governance

3 Turn the country into a production economy. Simple

Not loan blah blah.

In USA, you have 30 years mortgage. Go and Google it yourself.

Only say what you know boy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by armyofone(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Until you have a good job system, you can conquer corruption.

You need good job to be paying the loaned money (credit card) plus interest every month.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Funflipper: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Iseoluwani:
This makes sense, in developed states, their people have already borrowed their Destiny for loans and mortgages and they are still doing fine

But I don't trust BAT.
NA SO HIM BROTHER TELL ME SAY $1 TO #1

Vote PO

Trust that man. He is the only candidate that can restructure this country.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Lack of loan is part of the reason for corruption. Boy it’s a simple reasoning nao.

Corruption is multi-faceted, it cannot be curbed completely but can be reduced by implementing some changes one of which mortgage is part of.

Lifting people out of poverty, effective legal system that make people pay for crimes irrespective of class, and etc are part of that too.

You haven't answered the questions.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by TheOldGods: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

In USA, you have 30 years mortgage. Go and Google it yourself.

Only say what you know boy.
Oga calm down, the problem with you Africans is you think the white is better then you. Why are you bringing USA here? So because USA is doing it, then we should do it, we won't be better abi. That's why all of you supporting Tinubu lacks vision. Backwardness

China is looking for ways to be better than USA and collect world power, Russia etc. All of them are in competition.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
aviara:

Absolute rubbish.
Are you saying people who own houses and cars don't have corruption tendencies? The accountant general that stole N80b doesn't he have houses and cars? Or what type of car and house does he want to acquire with such large sum.

Sani Abacha who siphoned billions of dollars abroad, was the money to buy cars and houses? How many cars or houses will a person acquire before he gets satisfied?

I never said that.

You can never curb corruption, you can only reduce it.

Multiple things contribute to corruption, and if you can reduce some of this you can minimize it. That’s what I’m saying, stop sounding like a dunce in a bid to find fault in Tibubu claim.

Now can you tell me what Peter Obi propose in ending corruption?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Abdul05:
Amen ..God bless you sir

God bless you too bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Protest At Adeleke's Polling Unit Over INEC Officials Refusal To Upload Results / Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust / FG Bans 91 Billionaires, Vips’ Jets, Insists On N30bn Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.