Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37945 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by seanwilliam(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
so he should force Buhari to accept advice?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Daydream252:

So you are trying to explain more better so we can understand what he meant to say my brother why can't we the young people see that this old men don't have anything good for us I'm not saying because I'm from the eastern region but we have all seen Peter obi talk he really knows how to do his things to see that this country will be better for young people

I just summarize what he said for the people that won’t bother to watch the video.

It’s same exactly as what he said, so what nonsense are you saying?

Is Peter Obi of 60 years a youth? It seems you just finished smoking your own Meth.

If I want to vote a youth, I’ll find someone like Sowore who is still youth by Nigeria standard.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by sunboy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

You are the one saying 70 is old not me.

Obi was in UK for rest the other day.

If Ekweremadu was not involved in an organ heist no one would have known he was in UK.

Tinubu like anyone else, is free to travel wherevee he wants.
He's gone round most states of Nigeria in the last few months.
Even premier league players, who are unique human specimens, fit with all the assistance and health care need to rest.

Just say you dont like Tinubu because he's Yoruba and we'll understand.

Again, Tinubu is an old man who’s obviously going through health issues.

I do not hate Tinubu, if you read my post well enough you’d see how I praised his efforts as former Lagos state governor.

Lol I’m Yoruba 100% born and raised in Lagos. How could I have hated my own. We chatting politics don’t always think everybody is ethnically biased smh

I don’t care if the young person he supports is a Yoruba or Ibo or Hausa or Nupe or Ibiobio or Igala … I’m all for competency and efficiency.

If we don’t leave this ethnic nonsense behind us then we still have a loooooooong way to go in naija.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by NakedTruth4eva: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mumu talk. How will this stop politicians like him from stealing? Same person that want to recruit 50 million Nigerian youths into the Army to eat Agbawo. He can only deceive his brainless ethnic bigots. Imagine Tinubu the most corrupt Yoruba man talking about fighting corruption grin grin grin
WONDER SHALL NEVER END

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by seanwilliam(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
This baba don old jare

But I agree with this plan . It really really makes sense sha .

It means with 100k salary you can access to property worth 5m while you pay bit by bit . Can this work in Nigeria though hmm
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

Barber takes credit in US because the system works , it was programmed to work that way, is Nigeria programmed to work like that?

Then Tinubu will come in to create the system. That’s exactly what he’s talking about.

If it can work in the USA, why can’t it work in Nigeria if we put in the work?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by AK481(m): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Shame on wailers they said he's in France hospital
Before you modify your dullness
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
abbey621:

Whether we like it or not, we have been presented with 3 bad choices, out of all of them I would pick Tinubu not because he's a saint but because he's the path to the least chaos. Obi is a good guy but good guys don't last in Nigeria.

How is Tinubu the path to the least chaos?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Shame on wailers they said he's in France hospital

So where is Tinubu in France? What is he doing in France?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Funflipper: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
TheOldGods:
oga calm down, nobody is looking for mortgage.. is it not stupid that you earn 100k a month, buy a car of 8 million and you keep paying it for ever, let's do the maths at the current price of things, atleast 70k should be manageable a month. It will take a the person 22 years to pay off 8million naira. Really, I thought he should be talking about increasing salaries so an Average Nigerian can pay up within 5 years max. You go dey pay for 20 years plus, add school fees for kids, add electricity bill, and feeding etc. This man has no single Agenda.

What we need in Nigeria are just 3 things

1 Electricity

2 reduce costs of governance

3 Turn the country into a production economy. Simple

Not loan blah blah.

You see yourself. Until Nigeria embrace the credit system. everything will crinue to fall apart. Imagine your level of ignorance on mortgage and credit lines. Anybody earning 50k a month with good credit should be able to afford a car of 2 million naira which will be paid over the years depending on your down payment. If the system is not changed now, you will start hear civil servants stealing 3 trillion naira because you have to pay 100% for everything.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by wirinet(m): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

What's the interest rate? What is the CDN's interest rate and banks interest rate? At an interest rate of 25% - 30% per annun, how long will it take someone earning N100,000 to pay back a loan of N3.5million? (very few tokumbo cars cost N3.5million today.)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by seanwilliam(m): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:
Mumu talk. How will this stop politicians like him from stealing? Same person that want to recruit 50 million Nigerian youths into the Army to eat Agbawo. He can only deceive his brainless ethnic bigots. Imagine Tinubu the most corrupt Yoruba man talking about fighting corruption grin grin grin
WONDER SHALL NEVER END
lol in this case, if what he is proposing materializes , then I don’t care about politicians stealing anymore.
If i can have access to loan of 20m with 400k salary , just like in the USA, what else am I looking for
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Then Tinubu will come in to create the system. That’s exactly what he’s talking about.

What system is he creating? If it can work in the US, why is it working in the US?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by abbey621(m): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
anungangampu:

Well, It all looks like Tinubu is powerful because of his influence in Lagos and APC. When he faces the people and not his political hype men can he still be that powerful?
By the way, we are talking about 4yrs not just 1year of winning election. Won't his health be worse in 4yrs or possible 8yrs time.

Like i said earlier, how can we trust a man who kept sucking from his state purse consistently for 15yrs now and never moved an inch away from it. How can we trust a man who made sure his wife, daughter and son are occupying position his people can possible qualify for.

I can't trust such man with Nigeria. He will simply turn everything to a family business and want to milk the country for another decade.

Ask yourself, are you God? I seem to remember we said the same thing about Buhari, even rumors of his death and cloning flourished online and here on Nairaland. Furthermore, are you not being snetimental? What husband/father would have the network and sway of Tinubu and not want the best for his wife and children? You wey dey type all holy holy, if your dad was Dangote would you be content stuck in a cubicle or would you want a title befitting of your relationship?

Let's leave sentiments aside, the choice is between 3 candidates, I emphatically REFUSE to vote for Atiku hence I only have two candidates to consider, perhaps in a time and world where Nigeria was stable someone like Obi could govern but this Nigeria, this one wey we dey see so requires a MAD MAN! It requires someone tht is feared by both friends and enemies. See I'm not delusional to think one man can fix Nigeria or one man can turn one naira to one dollar but I am very confident in the caliber of people Tinubu can bring into government. I am very confident that this man can open up the economy in ways we can only imagine.

For all the criticism about chopping from Lagos State for 15 years, what was Lagos before? Who had the vision to turn wasteland into a vibrant city? Who had the vision to make the state self sufficient? Even the Obi that many keep shouting was found with offshore accounts and more after he left his position as governor. I'm not looking for a saint, I'm looking for someone that will get down and dirty, someone that would remove the roadblocks that has crippled the Nigerian economy.....CHOP MAKE I CHOP.....THIS IS THE MOTTO!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Elliotwaveforec: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Way to go! Make money available to all to boost demand for manufactured goods.

Tinubunomics will favour Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Braga90(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Shameless, clueless old fool! He won't cease to show us just how useless he'd be every other day, chai! Good Credit system? Who crippled it in the first place if not you(Tinubu) ? Where someone has travelled recently to get a hint/clue on how to revive our collapsed infrastructure, i.e power supply amongst other which is a fundamental factor and bedrock for any economy that is thriving , another "mofo" is talking about a good credit system? How did we get here? 2023 is just around the corner, get your PVC and vote for the right candidate to steer this country away for the doom she's headed for. Our future is in our hands, voting BAT is like recycling corruption (evil) to get a refurbished corruption which is a greater evil. Since we were not given osinbajo, then it's obi most definitely! An OBedient from the west! Mo wi're ooo..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by donnie(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

Exactly, make us slaves of the West.

How can we be in debt with all the resources in our ground? Leave such elaborate credit systems to those who have nothing but paper and numbers which they claim have been backed by solid wealth like oil, gas, gold and other minerals in our ground (not theirs).
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aujile(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
Allow him and his followers to be talking...
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What system is he creating? If it can work in the US, why is it working in the US?

The irony here is that your profile name is “Cheaphomes” and I will assume you are a developer sourcing for buyers.

This Tinubu proposal if it scales through could be a game changer for your business. Banks will be able to pay you while the customer pay banks back in installments for the property you build.

But because of the hate in your brain, you’re questioning a system that will be of favor to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by chigoizie7(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

Were you expecting Tinubu to solve the problems of other states before he's president?

What is he contesting for? President of Lagos state or president of Nigeria?

Unfortunately he will never be the president sha, you can hit your head on the wall if what I said is not okay with you, I don’t care.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Lack of loan is part of the reason for corruption. Boy it’s a simple reasoning nao.

Corruption is multi-faceted, it cannot be curbed completely but can be reduced by implementing some changes one of which mortgage is part of.

Lifting people out of poverty, effective legal system that make people pay for crimes irrespective of class, and etc are part of that too.

If you can't "Lifting people out of poverty, effective legal system that make people pay for crimes irrespective of class, and etc", how then do you now focus on credit card and mortgage as the solution to corruption?

You say corruption is multifaceted, but the best solution Tinubu can come up with is credit card and mortgage?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by TheOldGods: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Funflipper:

You see yourself. Until Nigeria embrace the credit system. everything will crinue to fall apart. Imagine your level of ignorance on mortgage and credit lines. Anybody earning 50k a month with good credit should be able to afford a car of 2 million naira which will be paid over the years depending on your down payment. If the system is not changed now, you will start hear civil servants stealing 3 trillion naira because you have to pay 100% for everything.
please do the maths. 50,naira a month, let's remove 10,000 naira for electricity, and another 10,000 for feeding, then another 10 for health. You're left with 20k. Infact let's assume the bank takes 5000, naira from you, so you pay for a car for 40 years of your life naw. And if you're on one loan you can't take another, untill it's paid. Brother this is trash. We need to earn enough for this to work. You can't pay me ordinary 50k and expect this nonsense to work.

a civil servant that is paid 50k a month but has option to take loans at a time and pay for years, will still steal and be a full grown thief.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by abbey621(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

This movie has played before, remember GEJ? Very humble nice guy, he believed cuddling with the North would win him some favors but they chewed and spat him out! Obi without the backing of a large political party will be like suya with plenty of pepper.....Delicious!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

The irony here is that your profile name is “Cheaphomes” and I will assume you are a developer sourcing for buyers.

This Tinubu proposal if it scales through could be a game changer for your business. Banks will be able to pay you while the customer pay banks back in installments for the property you build.

But because of the hate in your brain, you’re questioning a system that will be of favor to yourself.

You haven't answered the questions.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by CheapHomes1: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
abbey621:

This movie has played before, remember GEJ? Very humble nice guy, he believed cuddling with the North would win him some favors but they chewed and spat him out! Obi without the backing of a large political party will be like suya with plenty of pepper.....Delicious!

You haven't answered the question.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aviara: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
You earn 100k monthly

Typical monthly expenses includes:

Tax is 10k
12.5kg gas is 12k
Bag of rice is 30k
PHCN bill is 5k
Transport fee is 15k
House cleaning bill 5k
Bevearage/toothpaste 10k
Groundnut oil is 17k
Fuel for generator 15k
Drinking water 10k

Total monthly expenses = N129k

We have not listed things like:

Children school fee
Children clothing's
Medical cost
Repairs and maintenance cost
Airtime/data
Etc

So how on earth do you service the mortgage?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by chigoizie7(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Unfortunately a man who told us that his only plans of ending unemployment is by recruiting 50million youths into the army and feed them agbado and corn, cannot achieve that since it is not feasible.

Anyways he will not be the president sorry to tell you that, I know that’s a bitter pill to swallow, but you just have to. But if you can’t handle that, you can just hit your head on the wall closest to you. Good night
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Monday60655(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
See corruption itself advising on how to curb corruption.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by trutharena: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

If you can't "Lifting people out of poverty, effective legal system that make people pay for crimes irrespective of class, and etc", how then do you now focus on credit card and mortgage as the solution to corruption?

You say corruption is multifaceted, but the best solution Tinubu can come up with is credit card and mortgage?

He is speaking with regards to one aspect of corruption. That dosent mean he won’t tackle the remaining issue I stated, this is just a 2min video boy.

Tinubu is far intelligent that most of you guys so he understood the game well. When he was elected as governor in 1999, companies pay taxes using manual method which usually cause lot of corruption back then because records are not traceable. He was the first governor to fully digitize the system such that companies can pay directly to the state and record can be saved and tracked and that boosted Lagos revenue.

Everything this man talk about, you can always find one example in Lagos. Check Lagos HOMS, this kind of mortgage is open already and with the right powe, structure, and cooperation with the banking sector, more can be done at the FG side.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by abbey621(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the question.

I just gave you the answer, you need someone smart enough to pacify the North without being bullied to neglect the South. Atiku does not fit this bill and Obi without political backing will be chewed, can't make it anymore clearer for you!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by kayperry: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Clevo:
Ajagbe Lawal Life after Governor's Mansion: Tinubu vs Obi, who is looting the system

See what Bola Ahmed Tinubu collects from Lagos State Government since leaving office in 2007 by the law passed by him as Governor:

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent Governor as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as Governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as Governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for Personal Assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

But See what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as Governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the State.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the State.
9. No aids sponsored by the State.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

I thought it right to expose these for you to know these people and their values.

It is now the decision of yours to make and to convince others if you may on who means well for the citizens.

Please go and verify the foregoing.

Vote and support wisely.

By The Due Process Group.
June 2022

Between a lagos that is being extorted by Tinubu and an independent anambra that has no liability ex-governor ... which has a progressive & bouyant economic.

Irrespective of what you feel or think, does lagos ends justify the means and can we say the same for Peter obi/anambra

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by ambale(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Why u no implement this when you are governor in Lagos and why you no even tell buhari since na your guy

As far as I know, many financial institution runs credit facilities for Salary earners.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe / Andy Uba Stops At Uga, Takes Lunch With Pupils Of Girls High School Uga / "What A Naval Officer Can Do An Army Officer Can Do Better" - Nigerian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.