Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming (1302 Views)

How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / If You Want To Be A Great Programmer, Stop Asking For Source Codes / I Am Really Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
So guys remember how I asked about the laptop to get to commence my journey into programming, well I haven't got it yet, I just used a HP I had previously to try learning this week. In this one week of watching the html videos, I found out that I am really going to learn this stuff I have to bring out time to "study". In one of the videos I saw Brad traversy's channel on YouTube, he used "immerse yourself in learning" and mehn I have looked at myself and I doubt I can do this shiiit. I am waka waka man and I love outside more than inside. I guess that programming gonna make me miserable or sad or depressed, I dunno sha.

Anyways this is me ranting...I am still gonna try next week if continues to seem this way. I will jakpa.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
There just have to be something for me in the tech world
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by chariisGRACE(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tech, especially programming is not for everyone.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by jesmond3945: 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
SpreshMan:
So guys remember how I asked about the laptop to get to commence my journey into programming, well I haven't got it yet, I just used a HP I had previously to try learning this week. In this one week of watching the html videos, I found out that I am really going to learn this stuff I have to bring out time to "study". In one of the videos I saw Brad traversy's channel on YouTube, he used "immerse yourself in learning" and mehn I have looked at myself and I doubt I can do this shiiit. I am waka waka man and I love outside more than inside. I guess that programming gonna make me miserable or sad or depressed, I dunno sha.

Anyways this is me ranting...I am still gonna try next week if continues to seem this way. I will jakpa.
this is the story of beginners.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by nellyelitz(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
this is the story of beginners.
could it be normal initial feeling common to most begginers?
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by jesmond3945: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
nellyelitz:
could it be normal initial feeling common to most begginers?
yea

2 Likes

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
yea

I pray I overcome
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by nellyelitz(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
yea
NO BE SMALL THING BRO
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by qtguru(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
SpreshMan:

There are other technical roles not just programming, QA has little programming.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by codesngr(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
I think digital marketing is good for you depending on the kind of person you are , as you said, Waka Waka man grin
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
yea

Didn't happen to me sha...
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
qtguru:

There are other technical roles not just programming, QA has little programming.

QA...I will research what that means.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
codesngr:
I think digital marketing is good for you depending on the kind of person you are , as you said, Waka Waka man grin

Not really waka waka as in looking for marketing lols. Just generally outgoing and fun-seeking.

I must change if I truly want to be programmer, and also good and excelling in it
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by MadarasBlade(m): 3:37am On Jul 03, 2022
qtguru:

Bro, but this QA Engineers, how easy is it to get gigs on upwork?
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Aminu212: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
If you are complaining about time to learn, how will you cope if you come across a bug?

The truth is, nothing is really easy, but patience and persistence can make it easy.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by satandeterrible: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2022
You can't.
Quit.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
satandeterrible:
You can't.
Quit.

Ha!

This is a challenge
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Aminu212:
If you are complaining about time to learn, how will you cope if you come across a bug?

The truth is, nothing is really easy, but patience and persistence can make it easy.

Meaning I am yet to face real test and I'm already complaining lols
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Its not for everyone... they are many other ways to be successful in life... u are doing us a favor by giving up... the stuff is saturated already. Goodbye in advance...

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by CyberHustle: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2022
Programming isn't for idlers o.
The code you write here as a struggler will probably be written by another smart Indian or Chinese programmer so you have to realize you are committing to a career where competition is global and not local in all sense.
An artisan renders services mostly locally and thus is shielded from global competition unlike programmers. You may be better off going for a specific sub section of programming. Front end, back end, controller, scripting, spreadsheet programming or even administration of systems. Programming is so wide. As a matter of fact, in academics there are no professors of programing but of fields partially under programming.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Excallibur(m): 10:06am On Jul 05, 2022
Everything you mentioned above are things you have 100 percent control over, i think it's time to reassess ur priorities
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Millz404(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
SpreshMan:

Meaning I am yet to face real test and I'm already complaining lols

Minus learning, programming can keep you one place trying to figure out how something works for days running into weeks. You will see youself going in circles with no real solution. I faced something similar recently relating to a database design structure. I have finally figured it out and done it, but there are days I literally cried... with all my experience.... Some days you are coding like a god, other days... grin embarassed

But joy and additional motivation always comes with conquering the challenges and moving on....

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2022
Second week into my trying to learn Html;

I have really not done anything this week, mehn I just bring out my Laptop and place on my table and don't know how to start and why I must do this (well it's actually because of money and to secure the future, never been someone who cares about problem solving). Then the days I actually succeed in opening the Laptop, I just stare at Visual studio code for 30-45 minutes and shut down my system.

I have watched about 1 hour into David Gray's video by Freecodecamp and about 1: 30 minutes into the one by Giraffe academy and still not there (learnt it) yet.

It's gonna be a long journey.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2022
qtguru:

Hello boss, I have been following your diary for a long time but have never really payed close attention to those tutorials and gigs you often about because I felt they were mostly for programmers and developers; but I just read your post somewhere where you were trying to make someone know most of them are for non-tech guys.

Can you point me to some that does not require any skill in web building or programming?
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by qtguru(m): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
SpreshMan:

Hello boss, I have been following your diary for a long time but have never really payed close attention to those tutorials and gigs you often about because I felt they were mostly for programmers and developers; but I just read your post somewhere where you were trying to make someone know most of them are for non-tech guys.

Can you point me to some that does not require any skill in web building or programming?

Yes there are no-code tools that non developers can use and other job functions like Virtual Assistant and Data Entry. I just have too much work on ground, but I will update the diary to inform people.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
qtguru:

Yes there are no-code tools that non developers can use and other job functions like Virtual Assistant and Data Entry. I just have too much work on ground, but I will update the diary to inform people.

Okay boss... following
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by SpreshMan: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Anyways, I hope nobody gets worked about my complaints.

I have decided to stop it...you either want it or you don't: if you want it, you gotta do what it takes.
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by motionarena: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Its not for everyone... they are many other ways to be successful in life... u are doing us a favor by giving up... the stuff is saturated already. Goodbye in advance...
saturted with too many quacks

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2022
motionarena:
saturted with too many quacks

Like u
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by motionarena: 10:44am On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Like u
and an obvious rookie like u too
Re: I Am Really Asking Myself If I Can Do Programming by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2022
motionarena:
and an obvious rookie like u too
grin

(1) (Reply)

Learning Drupal(how Do I Go Bout It) / Download Multiplayer Fps Alpha Version. / Help On Login Code For Php N How To Store On Data Base.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.