Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) (41407 Views)

Can Infrastructure Drive Any Economy? Opinion / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola / 200 Nsukas Professors Mobilize For Atiku/obi 2019 Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PresidObi: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dikebuka:
Infrastructure drives economy and we have 3 mega refinery and still pay for petroleum subsidies

Its good government policy that drives economy not infrastructure.

I wonder o

The same infrastructure they will award the contract, collect huge kickbacks and fly abroad to hide the loot?

Maybe swiss banks now develop Nigeria economy.

The youths should rise up and take back their country from their present set of bad leaders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Oilwell(m): 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pakute:
Obi is a fraud. A fraud that says infrastructure doesn't drive economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Theunbothered: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Abdul05:
Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co are all considerable Intellects..... grin grin

They are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from Biafra land ,,. grin

Considerable intellects all sat down and decided that a man who only has secondary school certificate I more fit to lead Nigeria.

Even worse is one of the idiots talking failed as minister of power.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Upright750: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Same oga fashola told us that goodluck is not doing anything on power that he can fix power on short time. He is here again to speak nonses .. he should first educate his boss to stop speaking from both nouth.

19 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Saintinoo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pakute:

Lol.. Rail lines doesn't drive the economy?.. You don't want to admit that the fraud goofed but here you are disgracing your family just to defend Peter Obi.

Listen to me, I don't do argument of sentiments and ignorance here, check my comments on Nairaland.

Now tell me how railways built by Ameachi have improved the economy?

I know what railways do to a country economy, as a means of transportation, railway is important because it facilities easy movement of raw materials and finished goods for the manufacturers and farmers alike.

When being developed, it creates heavy revenue for the state.

Now, has Nigeria benefitted the aforementioned since Ameachi bought coaches that travels from Abuja to Kaduna?

Go to countries like China and India and see how railways are being used. Today transporting a 100kg bag of rice from Adamawa state to Lagos state is more than 5000 naira, and they say we have railways, so what is the UAE of the said railways.

I doubt if you have entered these rail coaches because the last time I checked, only Abuja to Kaduna route is currently functional.

15 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Jostoman: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
youngmd:
He does not have structure why are u having sleepless night cuz of him
don't mind them

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abdul05: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

Considerable intellects all sat down and decided that a man who only has secondary school certificate I more fit to lead Nigeria.

Even worse is one of the idiots talking failed as minister of power.
only in ur own imagination

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Softmirror: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Abdul05:
Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co are all considerable Intellects..... grin grin

They are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from Biafra land ,,. grin

cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Jostoman: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin inspector fash is just fighting for his sit down there deputy governor hamzat.

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Theunbothered: 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Abdul05:
only in ur own imagination

Please have you used a generator in your home or office this week? grin

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
PresidObi:

Apart from insulting people, you guys dont have any points. Others are calling the names of the politicians, you guys are calling them with another names just to divert the argument to name calling and derogatory comments.
Keep quiet and stop defending nonsense. Your parents would be ashamed your Education.

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PresidObi: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pakute:

Keep quiet and stop defending nonsense. Your parents would be ashamed your Education.

Vote for Peter Obi.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
PresidObi:

Typical Tinubu supporter.
fraud

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by mightyhaze: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
Obi will make Fashola Minister of Infrastructure.

Next...
nope..not the rocket scientist with no single idea

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
Saintinoo:

Listen to me, I don't do argument of sentiments and ignorance here, check my comments on Nairaland.

Now tell me how railways built by Ameachi have improved the economy?

I know what railways do to a country economy, as a means of transportation, railway is important because it facilities easy movement of raw materials and finished goods for the manufacturers and farmers alike.

When being developed, it creates heavy revenue for the state.

Now, has Nigeria benefitted the aforementioned since Ameachi bought coaches that travels from Abuja to Kaduna?

Go to countries like China and India and see how railways are being used. Today transporting a 100kg bag of rice from Adamawa state to Lagos state is more than 5000 naira, and they say we have railways, so what is the UAE of the said railways.

I doubt if you have entered these rail coaches because the last time I checked, only Abuja to Kaduna route is currently functional.
Oh my! Look at ipob illiterates downplaying the importance of infrastructures to an economy,
I don't even know where to begin to school your ass. Being a trader & a gala seller doesn't put you on a pedestal with technocrats.
How can a fool says infrastructures do not drive the economy and some bunch of illiterates applaud him? SMH

5 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PresidObi: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pakute:

Oh my! Look at ipob illiterates downplaying the importance of infrastructures to an economy,
I don't even know where to begin to school your ass. Being a trader & a gala seller doesn't put you on a pedestal with technocrats.
How can a fool says infrastructures do not drive the economy and some bunch of illiterates applaud him? SMH

You have said nothing apart from throwing insultive words around.

13 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
PresidObi:

You have said nothing apart from throwing insultive words around.
You can't teach a stone macro economics.
Next..

4 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by 3ple9iner: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
PresidObi:
Nigeria,

A country where proven public service failures stand up to lecture others who had made a success of both their private and public lives. Fashola should be ashamed of himself for talking about economy even while his government has collapsed under economic woes.

You really cannot use infrastructure to grow the economy, what Fashola failed to mention was that the millions of liters of gas used to build the bridge were imported, at a very negative balance of trade for a country that has gas under its soil? Most of the other materials and manpower are also imported, benefiting foreign countries. The number of expatriate workers in JB will amaze you, with thrice that number serving them as cooks, gardeners, drivers and security men. Loss of foreign currency.

You grow the economy organically, by improvements in the GDP, creating enabling environment with power supply (an area Fashola failed woefully) and making sure more people work and exchange goods and services, not to talk about tax. APC keep proving everyday that they are passers by in the corridors of power.

Vote for Peter Obi.

He will make Nigeria so rich and prosperous that the likes of Fashola will relocate to Jamaica to hide their faces.

But PO didn't make Anambra so rich the money he saved has been used to build airport and that's all

How would you grow an economy without infrastructure would a company site it's company if the roads are bad and the power supply you mentioned isn't that also an infrastructure?

Nigeria should be cashing out from gas sales now assuming it has the infrastructure on ground for exploration but we don't have that's why we haven't been able to sell our gas to foreign countries.

Infrastructure comes first before an economy can grow construct roads, generate and supply enough power and the economy would grow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abdul05: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

Please have you used a generator in your home or office this week?
haven't you been using it from 60s to now... grin

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abdul05: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

Please have you used a generator in your home or office this week?
haven't you been using it from the 60s to now... grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Saintinoo:

How is building and getting necessary equipment for school not a solution to building the economy.

How is becoming a producing nation instead of a consuming one not a solution to building the economy?

How is cutting unecessary cost and channelling these same fund to important things not a solution to grow the economy?

How is investment in SMEs not a solution to growing the economy.

One thing you must understand about Peter Obi supporters is that they are learned and they can relate to his policies. I know what Peter Obi knows, because I am in same field, and I know those are what Nigeria needs.

Anyone that has bothered to study development will know that Peter Obi is right. However, most Nigerians are oblivious to developmental steps and strategies.

12 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by XerXers: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Haha, as Tinubu can't match Obi, them wan join Fashola. Why didn't you present fashiola? Tinubu's has suppressed the best brains from SW

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by optm(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
3ple9iner:

But PO didn't make Anambra so rich the money he saved has been used to build airport and that's all

How would you grow an economy without infrastructure would a company site it's company if the roads are bad and the power supply you mentioned isn't that also an infrastructure?

Nigeria should be cashing out from gas sales now assuming it has the infrastructure on ground for exploration but we don't have that's why we haven't been able to sell our gas to foreign countries.

Infrastructure comes first before an economy can grow construct roads, generate and supply enough power and the economy would grow.
i guess the so called infrastructures being referenced here have significantly impacted nigeria's economy or are we yet to realize the impact? Infrastructures whose costs of execution were exorbitantly inflated and worse still the monies for the projects were borrowed

10 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by optm(m): 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
3ple9iner:

no body says infrastructure isn't required for economic growth but doing the right things the right way and at the right time is important aswell else you may not get the right results

9 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by 3ple9iner: 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
optm:
i guess the so called infrastructures being referenced here have significantly impacted nigeria's economy or are we yet to realize the impact? Infrastructures whose costs of execution were exorbitantly inflated and worse still the monies for the projects were borrowed

The would have their effect one way or the other even though it's not being felt.

Imagine a country with no airport, no good roads, no refinery, no school and you are saying the economy would grow when we are not in the stone age.

Don't bring inflated price of as an excuse because the argument is about infrastructure being important in developing an economy.

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by 3ple9iner: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
optm:
no body says infrastructure isn't required for economic growth but doing the right things the right way and at the right time is important aswell else you may not get the right results

I agree with you. That's why we should clamor for transparency and accountability from our leaders not that we would tell them not to build the infrastructure because they would inflate the price.

If the government builds a steel plant and can provide 24hrs power supply car manufacturers wouldn't bother if the prices were inflated or not.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by PresidObi: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
3ple9iner:

I agree with you. That's why we should clamor for transparency and accountability from our leaders not that we would tell them not to build the infrastructure because they would inflate the price.

If the government builds a steel plant and can provide 24hrs power supply car manufacturers wouldn't bother if the prices were inflated or not.

If, if, if

If my landlord married a white lady, maybe they will have a mixed child.

3 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by ElSudani: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jostoman:
Oga fashola please where is our camcoder you discover at lekki tollgate? We want to check something inside.

You should be asking Obi how Anambra people lost $15 million dollars of public money in a bad investment.

5 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by optm(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
3ple9iner:

The would have their effect one way or the other even though it's not being felt.

Imagine a country with no airport, no good roads, no refinery, no school and you are saying the economy would grow when we are not in the stone age.

Don't bring inflated price of as an excuse because the argument is about infrastructure being important in developing an economy.
I am not saying infrastructures ain't important in driving economic growth but this administration misfired in the execution of their projects .

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by SaiOba: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Since this werey said what he said about NEPA and rocket science... And fast forward to 7years and still counting , light never still dey.. We don't take him serious anymore

7 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by 3ple9iner: 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
optm:
I am not saying infrastructures ain't important in driving economic growth but this administration misfired in the execution of their projects .
Yeah I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
LifestyleTonite:
Fashola Schools Peter Obi On Infrastructure

See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI

Fashola is a big failure under Buhari. Is he not the one managing our power? For 8 straight year, he couldn't no anything.

Look at our roads. Are they not death traps?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions / Shehu Sani Advises Obaseki: 'Return Not To Egypt Where Thee Art Called Obasek' / Commit Adultery, Go Mad, Women From Enugu Ezike Land Be Careful News For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.