Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Are Men Of God Above Criticism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Men Of God Above Criticism? (8236 Views)

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / God Above Human Philosophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by LagBlogger(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2023
They are meant to be worshipped. If you criticize them then you have sinned and must go to hell.

Pastors are holy and should be seen as sinless.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:
There are curses that are incurred from insulting men of God so watch your tongue.

Either start or double your own hustle to cure your jealously and whatever you do,

pray unceasing.
Criticism is different from insult sha.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by angelawoko(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Yes o! Don't forget the Elisha treatment where 42 lads abused him calling him baldhead. He cursed them in the name of God and bears came out and maul them.

They're untouchables. Is that not why una they worship them?

There is a difference between abuse and criticism.
I don't have to abuse you because I feel you have done something wrong. I can correct and make my point without abuse. Jethro corrected Moses and helped is administration. Paul corrected Peter. We can correct, it does not have to be an abuse.

When we correct, our intention should be restoration and not condemnation. God sees the intent of our hearts.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by PHIPEX(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2023
No human is above criticism, unless we are elevating men of God to the position of God Himself.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by ddeola: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2023
The simple answer is NO because they are not God. As humans, we are prone to error that is why men of God must humble themselves and take criticism as a means of improving on their mistakes and never see themselves as above correction.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by airsaylongcome: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
HOTR Spiritual Authority class
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by TheboyGhost(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Even God is not above criticism...

Just dey play

Dey play!!!! grin grin
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by GUNITGuy: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2023
Not in naija please don't
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Cutehector(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:
There are curses that are incurred from insulting men of God so watch your tongue.

Either start or double your own hustle to cure your jealously and whatever you do,

pray unceasing.
is it that you cannot comprehend and differentiate between being critiqued and insult?
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:
It is common in Christian circles to observe that whenever Pastors or other church leaders are rebuked or criticized openly for their errors, some members will rise up in their defence. They often use the Scripture, "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm," to try to cover up the sins of their church leader. But are men of God above criticism?

Scripturally, no human, including men of God no matter how highly placed, is above criticism.
The higher one climbs spiritually, the more exposed they become to satanic attacks and this is the main reason these men of God should be made to be more accountable and transparent in the work that has been committed to them.

Moreover, men of God are also humans and are capable of making mistakes and also need correction from other Christians who may notice these mistakes that may not be apparent to them.
This is exactly what Paul did when Peter got hypocritical with the Jews as we see in the scripture quoted below.

But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?” We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Galatians 2:11-16 (ESV)

We see Paul rebuking Peter sharply for his hypocrisy not minding Peter's position in the church. He criticized Peter's pretentious disposition in the presence of everyone and we didn't see anyone defending Peter's sin or feeling bad that their leader was being criticized publicly.

The word of God says that open rebuke is better than secret love. Every true man of God would love correction and will not be defensive when corrected.
In the same way, true Christians will never feel the need to defend sin no matter who is involved.

It's probably ok if whatever you are saying is led by the spirit, done in love, and aimed at edifying the body of Christ. It must not be hearsay as well, you must have proof. If not its a grey area. Loyalty, respect is at the core of Christianity, even for an elder that falls.

When Michael the archangel came in contention with the devil against the body of Moses, did not dare make abusive or slanderous remark against him, but said "the lord rebuke you". Thats the precept upon which our salvation is built.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Honchoslim16(m): 9:22am On Mar 05, 2023
Criticise them!!

Those guys are fraudulent
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by IbileIfe: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2023
Ezekiel 13:1:
Ezekiel, son of man, condemn the prophets of Israel who say they speak in my name, but who preach messages that come from their own imagination
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by veneza(f): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2023
No
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by shineeye1: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2023
Every foool has his followers!
That is why in nairaland, even the most idiotic and moronic imbeciles receive pockets of LIKES when they rant...
Imagine when such fooolz acquire status of "men of god"! Such charlatans become gods of men - but not real men of course but handicapped, headicapped morons

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Kay25(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2023
They are not above it but this t that u called criticism is more of condemnation ... looking for Every means to Tarnish their image
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by rottennaija(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:
It is common in Christian circles to observe that whenever Pastors or other church leaders are rebuked or criticized openly for their errors, some members will rise up in their defence. They often use the Scripture, "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm," to try to cover up the sins of their church leader. But are men of God above criticism?

Scripturally, no human, including men of God no matter how highly placed, is above criticism.
The higher one climbs spiritually, the more exposed they become to satanic attacks and this is the main reason these men of God should be made to be more accountable and transparent in the work that has been committed to them.

Moreover, men of God are also humans and are capable of making mistakes and also need correction from other Christians who may notice these mistakes that may not be apparent to them.
This is exactly what Paul did when Peter got hypocritical with the Jews as we see in the scripture quoted below.

But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?” We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

We see Paul rebuking Peter sharply for his hypocrisy not minding Peter's position in the church. He criticized Peter's pretentious disposition in the presence of everyone and we didn't see anyone defending Peter's sin or feeling bad that their leader was being criticized publicly.

The word of God says that open rebuke is better than secret love. Every true man of God would love correction and will not be defensive when corrected.
In the same way, true Christians will never feel the need to defend sin no matter who is involved.

They should not be. But the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses are
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by alobright17(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Yes o! Don't forget the Elisha treatment where 42 lads abused him calling him baldhead. He cursed them in the name of God and bears came out and maul them.

They're untouchables. Is that not why una they worship them?
shutup if you don't understand difference between criticism and name calling or body shaming..

Besides those fraudsters, lair, adulterous, smokers of today called men of God aren't same as the old ones, so if your moronic so called pastor sleeps with your kids or rape them you won't talk abi? Dead brain.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Emma1Oj(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2023
Everyone is a man and woman of God in his or her own right. So no one is abv criticism. Because those so called pastors do worst. Some of Dem their attitude is 3% ova 100%
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by AntiChristian: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2023
alobright17:
shutup if you don't understand difference between criticism and name calling or body shaming..

Besides those fraudsters, lair, adulterous, smokers of today called men of God aren't same as the old ones, so if your moronic so called pastor sleeps with your kids or rape them you won't talk abi? Dead brain.

See my moniker!
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by desiredhome: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:

pray unceasing.
you people like course sha........
Only sheeple believe this lies from the pit of hell they brainwash you with, the so called pastors are human like you and are bound to make mistakes so they should be corrected/crictized ........

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by sigiyaya(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:

pray unceasing.
you are a complete mumu please believe me.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by abidem4real: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

The question itself is, "who are men of God?" Is there man of God at all? If there is, how can he be identified? What is the yardstick with which a man of God can be measured?

I this part of Africa, I doubt if there is any.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by stillme231: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2023
The only pastor I listen to is apostle Arome Osayi.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by iramure(m): 10:13am On Mar 05, 2023
There is nothing like "men of God" anywhwre. These self acclaimed clergymen most expecially the penti-rascal mega thieve/ slave masters are pure business men using their gullible members as raw materials for money making. Unfortunately, they condemn yahoo boys for Internet fraud however using thier mumu members as thier own clients/maga.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Fren232: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2023
I do not think it is wrong to legitimately criticise a pastor or point out their errors. Abuse is uncalled for
But what get me angry is pastor abusing and criticising people especially politicians but start quoting scriptures when they are also criticised.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by cicero(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2023
Short answer:
No

Long answer:
No no no no no no no
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Spicycat(f): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:

pray unceasing.

Curses? grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2023
Certainly. Even Paul criticized Peter at one point.
"Men of God" are not perfect and can make mistakes too, even in matters of teachings and doctrines. If Peter, the rock who was with Jesus from the beginning till the end, erred, no GO is above mistake. And as a Christian we need to know that so that we don't follow them on such paths, and also ensure they correct their mistake.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Cantonese: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Courz: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

Really?

Of course. Look at the Pictures below. Read the words there. If your religion/denomination operates like these points above, You are in a Cult. People in Cults are usually not aware they are in one until they critically examine their denomination without sentiment or Bias.

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by prizeless(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2023
People just want to post something because they have data

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Dating Paula White? ? / On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? / Picture Of A Woman Worshipping God Without Hands And Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.