Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Are Men Of God Above Criticism? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Men Of God Above Criticism? (8238 Views)

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / God Above Human Philosophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by BRATISLAVA: 10:38am On Mar 05, 2023
"Touch not my anointed" the pastors license to sin and do evil. Only in effect on people who believe that.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Truvelisback(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:
It is common in Christian circles to observe that whenever Pastors or other church leaders are rebuked or criticized openly for their errors, some members will rise up in their defence. They often use the Scripture, "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm," to try to cover up the sins of their church leader. But are men of God above criticism?

Scripturally, no human, including men of God no matter how highly placed, is above criticism.
The higher one climbs spiritually, the more exposed they become to satanic attacks and this is the main reason these men of God should be made to be more accountable and transparent in the work that has been committed to them.

Moreover, men of God are also humans and are capable of making mistakes and also need correction from other Christians who may notice these mistakes that may not be apparent to them.
This is exactly what Paul did when Peter got hypocritical with the Jews as we see in the scripture quoted below.

But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?” We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Galatians 2:11-16 (ESV)

We see Paul rebuking Peter sharply for his hypocrisy not minding Peter's position in the church. He criticized Peter's pretentious disposition in the presence of everyone and we didn't see anyone defending Peter's sin or feeling bad that their leader was being criticized publicly.

The word of God says that open rebuke is better than secret love. Every true man of God would love correction and will not be defensive when corrected.
In the same way, true Christians will never feel the need to defend sin no matter who is involved.
The Bible says: How dare u judge another man's(God) servant? Even if he falls, he falls b4 his Maker. God is able to raise him up. U don't have the power to judge or criticize men of God, especially genuine ones if they sin.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Blessed769(m): 10:45am On Mar 05, 2023
They are not o..they can be corrected but not to be scolded...they are also humans like me and u..so they aren't above corrections..
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by occfx: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:
It is common in Christian circles to observe that whenever Pastors or other church leaders are rebuked or criticized openly for their errors, some members will rise up in their defence. They often use the Scripture, "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm," to try to cover up the sins of their church leader. But are men of God above criticism?

Scripturally, no human, including men of God no matter how highly placed, is above criticism.
The higher one climbs spiritually, the more exposed they become to satanic attacks and this is the main reason these men of God should be made to be more accountable and transparent in the work that has been committed to them.

Moreover, men of God are also humans and are capable of making mistakes and also need correction from other Christians who may notice these mistakes that may not be apparent to them.
This is exactly what Paul did when Peter got hypocritical with the Jews as we see in the scripture quoted below.

But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?” We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

We see Paul rebuking Peter sharply for his hypocrisy not minding Peter's position in the church. He criticized Peter's pretentious disposition in the presence of everyone and we didn't see anyone defending Peter's sin or feeling bad that their leader was being criticized publicly.

The word of God says that open rebuke is better than secret love. Every true man of God would love correction and will not be defensive when corrected.
In the same way, true Christians will never feel the need to defend sin no matter who is involved.

Church goers choose the part of the Bible they read. I criticize everything and question anything, most pastors are fake.

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Originalsly: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2023
Courz:

Once you find yourself in a religion where your Pastor is above criticism, just know you are in a Cult. Period!

EOD.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Captain8(m): 10:58am On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:
There are curses that are incurred from insulting men of God so watch your tongue.

Either start or double your own hustle to cure your jealously and whatever you do,

pray unceasing.
but we have been insulting pastors from childhood to now adult, yet no curse has happened to me na...abi what of daddy freeze that had been criticizing pastors since his childhood to now old man, he never been sick nor dead......can you justify this your curse with proof?
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Captain8(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2023
EriMma1:
It depends. It's not so cool to criticize your spiritual leader directly or outrightly to avoid unecessary drama that could escalate and end up dragging you in the mud and that now makes the two of you. Rather, leave him to God to judge because he is God's elect and only God can judge his own elect.

All I'm saying is, avoid trouble by not dabbling into what is beyond you. Leave spiritual matters for the heavens. Also remember whenever a spiritual leader begins to exhibit questionable characters, it's the devil at work and he'll try to rope as many people who would let him into the mess of the whole shit. So be wise.
can you give evidence of his elect by God so that I can believe?
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Neitan(m): 11:09am On Mar 05, 2023
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Captain8(m): 11:10am On Mar 05, 2023
Truvelisback:
The Bible says: How dare u judge another man's(God) servant? Even if he falls, he falls b4 his Maker. God is able to raise him up. U don't have the power to judge or criticize men of God, especially genuine ones if they sin.
stopped reading bible upside down.....the bible said judge not, so that your heavenly father will also not judge you....it does not pertains particularly to pastors alone....so why misquoting the bible wrongly?
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by KoladeChris24(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

Even Jesus got criticized. So who are these men that call themselves men of God?
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by treatise: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

Really?
Yes
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by DrMuzungu(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2023
Nobody but God himself is above criticism.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Lobotomy02: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

Nooo!

Drag them by their pants when they fu...ck up!
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by MrColdsweat: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
I avoid them but never scared to call them fraudsters if they dare bring their manipulations and blackmail to me.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Courz: 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Christianity is technically a cult

Nope. I don't believe so. Men made of Dust have elevated themselves to the position of God by making spurious claims of themselves. When they do that, they turned Christianity to a Cult. Such Men are usually Narcissists. The Men of God position attracts Narcissists coupled with some form of Mental illness. Christianity itself is not a Cult. The problem with Christianity now is that it has being contaminated by this same So called Men of God. When you dig deep into these Men of God, you will find out that they are members of some Satanic Cult secretly without their members knowing it. If such men are leaders of Christianity, expect Christianity to be contaminated with Paganism
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Probz(m): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
To answer the title: absolutely not. Sometimes they’re the ones you’ve got to keep an extra eye out for.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
It is wrong to criticize those taking the lead in God's organization in fact it's a sin against God's Holy Spirit but then you need to identify God's organization first afterwards you must be 100% submissive to them if you're on Jesus' side because whatever they bind on earth has been bound in heaven and whatever they loosen on earth has been loosened in heaven. Matthew 16:19

Of course they're imperfect humans like you and i so Jesus gave us a sign that will help you to recognize them:

“Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit" Matthew 7:15-18

If you find any organization that's able to make their members love their enemies throughout the world without thinking of raising weapons against anyone {Matthew 5:43-48} love their neighbours as themselves as they respect the opinion of others and treating everyone in the same manner {Mark 12:31} and love their fellow believers ready to sacrifice their lives on behalf of their members no matter where such a person comes from {John 13:34-35} no part of Satan's political system where people are brainwashed into killing their neighbours in support of political struggles {John 17:14-16}
always easygoing without causing harm in the society {Matthew 10:16} and they're friendly everywhere you find them despite the sharp contrast between their beliefs and that of the others! 1Peter 3:15

If any member of such a group should criticize those taking the lead all he needs to do is find a better performing group so as to prove that those leading can do better but in the absence of that then such a critic is blaspheming God's Holy Spirit because Holy doesn't mean you won't find something to say against it rather it means you can't find a better replacement for what God has declared "HOLY" Hebrews 13:7, 17
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Denoh68: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
EriMma1:
It depends. It's not so cool to criticize your spiritual leader directly or outrightly to avoid unecessary drama that could escalate and end up dragging you in the mud and that now makes the two of you. Rather, leave him to God to judge because he is God's elect and only God can judge his own elect.

All I'm saying is, avoid trouble by not dabbling into what is beyond you. Leave spiritual matters for the heavens. Also remember whenever a spiritual leader begins to exhibit questionable characters, it's the devil at work and he'll try to rope as many people who would let him into the mess of the whole shit. So be wise.
PASTORS ARE NOT SPIRITUAL LEADERS, THEY ARE HUMANS, ORDINARY HUMANS. BUT BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU CRITICIZE THEM. IT'S DANGEROUS TO DO SO.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
If it is forbidden in a church to speak up when the church leader does wrong or the church leader refuses to take corrections, then my advice is that you should leave the church, rather than argue or show anger. Just look for a better ministry.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by uche393: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
whenever they go wrong I criticise them, pastor's aren't God coz they can go to Hell. but Christians no dey read Bible, Na only when pastor quote a verse you'll hear them say " yes sir! ride on!" .

read Ezekiel 13 verses 1 to 16
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
If it is forbidden in a church to speak up when the church leader does wrong or the church leader refuses to take corrections, then my advice is that you should leave the church, rather than argue or show anger. Just look for a better ministry.

Excellent!
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by JoshuaSG: 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
Any church goer who places their pastor above criticism goes to church to not worship God but to worship the pastor only and decorate him/her as an unquestionable deity.

By the Christian bible, only the Almighty God is unquestionable. So placing your error-prone, human, fleshy, and earthly pastor above critism is placing your self-acclaimed man of God on a par with the creator of heaven and earth.

Desist from such act, for it is a serious sin against the unrivally jelous creator of both you and your worldly, title-bearing pastor.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Omosorire: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
Criticize and rebuke all men that did wrong! Only God knows who are his men!!!!
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by desiredhome: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
Fren232:
I do not think it is wrong to legitimately criticise a pastor or point out their errors. Abuse is uncalled for
But what get me angry is pastor abusing and criticising people especially politicians but start quoting scriptures when they are also criticised.
Pastors and politicians have one thing in common, feeding fat on Nigerians people money, the worst of them is the pastorprenours using religion/church to defraud gullible Nigerians, they have no conscience at all......

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by OgaNightmare(m): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Who made them men of God in the first place?🤪
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by edoairways: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
minks:

The problem with the so called open rebuke is the fact that it contains some element of anger, bitterness and pride. The same bible talks about correcting in love not bitterness. What I see most times on the internet is bitterness not love.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Iamzik: 1:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
chatinent:
Person wey fit collect beating if e loose guard...e come bi criticism bi the problem.

All of them claim that God speaks to them. No bi person wey dream dey narrate how e take use left hand shift Olumo Rock to another location? Who was there? Abeggi. After all, they pose go be gods of men more than men of God. Na money hustle.

The rate of people claiming that they were called today, it becomes suspicious as tho God needs more human army in different denominations. Different denominations preaching differently! Isn't this worse than the tower of Babel? Funnily enough, Mr A that claims he is called doesn't know Mr B...his co-called fellow. And even if he does, he'll likely believe he's a fake. Tithing and offering is the only mutual right they unanimously do without criticisms.

Religion is becoming bondage if one doesn't thread carefully.

If religion in anyway makes you worship a mere man, there's sth systematically wrong with you.

Flee free to criticize me.
It's allowed.

Religious actually bondage. Every Christian should know God, read his Bible and pray.

Fellowshipping with other believers is good but Knowledge of God should be personal
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Spandau: 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:
There are curses that are incurred from insulting men of God so watch your tongue.

Either start or double your own hustle to cure your jealously and whatever you do,

pray unceasing.

A sheeple has spoken!
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Spandau: 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
EriMma1:

Another hypnotized sheeple spotted.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Peppysco: 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Yes o! Don't forget the Elisha treatment where 42 lads abused him calling him baldhead. He cursed them in the name of God and bears came out and maul them.

They're untouchables. Is that not why una they worship them?

Don't use the word 'lads', they were children.
I still wonder what man of God would curse and ask children, in their folly, to be killed by wild animals.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Solocoin: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
Those defending their Pastors are doing it out of ignorant of the bible. Some people don't even the know the difference between Christianity and Judaism. They mix everything together and put fear in their gullible members who has refused to read their bible and that is the price they pay. For where I worship Church of Christ, nobody is bigger than anyone but we respect our leaders, we respect our preachers or Minister's but when they do something that demand disfellowship we don't hesitate to do that. Bible is the bases of our worship and doctrine, you can't bring your opinion in the church. Church is the body of Christ and Christ is the head of the church and Christ is bigger than everyone.
Re: Are Men Of God Above Criticism? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
1Sharon:

pray unceasing.

Thunder fire you with you god of men...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Dating Paula White? ? / Picture Of A Woman Worshipping God Without Hands And Legs / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.