Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! (3533 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Ambode: Tinubu And Fashola Owe $1.43bn Foreign Debt Not Me / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by Great2017: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
yemex04:

Which infrastructure is ongoing in Nigeria that isn't relevant?
See Nigeria has a massive infrastrutural deficit that it will take years of consistency to meet up a little hence constant focus on it.. Nigeria economy is not going to improve untill the question of critical infrastructures is adressed.

Fashola is practically right.
If the ongoing infrastructure is the solution, why have poverty, unemployment and hunger increased over the seven years of this administration?
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by WithX(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
mrvitalis:

This argument was about infrastructure being a driver of the economy as compared to investing in the people ...my analysis was supporting the people have nore potential to impact the economy more on the long run

Let me take your argument now

Really ? Are you a rice farmer cos I am , CBN should have no business giving out loans that's y policies like this keep failing over and over again

If you have 250 billion to loan to rice farming at say 5% interest , give this money to banks , commercial banks as loan at 2% interest with the condition that only rice farmers should benefit from that loan ...watch banks do their magic

You are very correct.
The intervention given out by CBN was grossly abused. some who are not farmers were able to get the grants and may go ahead to marry more wives and build houses with the money. That shows why our local rice sells almost as the same price as foreign rice.

The huge intervention would have been properly managed if it was done through commercial banks as you rightly suggested and we would all have been feeling the effect by now. I wonder how our policy makers things.

My pain is that most of the local farmers who are legit were not able to access the grants.
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by clevybrown(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
stabilizer:
Peter Obi will never and can never be the president of this country.

Infact he will never be.

Obi is too small to rule a country like Nigeria.

He will either become third or fourth in the presidential race result

I don't even like the shape of his head undecided
If peter Obi is too small to rule Nigeria, how big is buhari who has damaged it? U are just a deluded, confused and bigoted soul who doesn't know why he is even supporting his candidate. Read ur comment again and then seek for help... U are just a cone headed Tinubu Idiotic urchin. Shame on u...
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by Christistruth00: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
IPOB have now abandoned Biafra Which will not come even in the next ten Centuries if Lord Jesus Tarries

and are now moonlighting as Obi Supporters

They are even on a sabbatical leave from 7 years of Calling Nigerians Zoo Animals

Politics and diplomacy is just not their Cup Of Tea

They prefer fighting things out in the Market Square , hitting themselves on the Head with pounding Yam Pestles and Screaming insults on top of their lungs to get attention

1 Like

Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by mrvitalis(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
WithX:

You are very correct.
The intervention given out by CBN was grossly abused. some who are not farmers were able to get the grants and may go ahead to marry more wives and build houses with the money. That shows why our local rice sells almost as the same price as foreign rice.

The huge intervention would have been properly managed if it was done through commercial banks as you rightly suggested and we would all have been feeling the effect by now. I wonder how our policy makers things.

My pain is that most of the local farmers who are legit were not able to access the grants.
When it comes to rice farming being someone that have invested and lost over 5 million in the business I can tell you this

The problem with rice in Nigeria is not access to credit ( yes it's a problem but not a major problem) ...the main issue is seeds , yes seeds ...

99% of rice farmers in Nigeria use same seeds orlur grand fathers used .....and farming has gone beyond that ... Let me explain

Nigeria cultivated 1.7million hectares of rice alone out of 4 million available hectares we produced 5 million tons of rice ...

China cultivated 2.2 million hectares and produced 204 million tons of rice ...you read right 204 million from almost same land space why? seeds!!!!!

Average seeds in Nigeria yeilds 2 ton per hectare if you are lucky ...in China you get average of 12 tons see the difference ? With our climate we can plant 3 times a year if we have irrigation ..that's 36 tons per hectare ...that's 750 bags of rice sir ...

Even if a farmer manages to plant say 1 hectares ....and sale as low as 10k a bag ...he makes 7.2 million a bag ...say it cost 1.5million to plant ...he makes over 4 million from just one hectares ...you won't need to beg people to go and farm honestly

Do we have seeds ? Yes ooh they are just not commercially available that's the issue 50 billion investment would make them commercially available in 18 months 18 months ...at this rate u won't even need to van foreign rice

Bro Nigeria problem complex

1 Like

Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by Chido26: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
3ple9iner:
The raw materials used to construct the roads to the farm are they not imported?

like I wonder how you people think. In the case of agriculture how do you expect to export the goods you get without a cargo airport isn't that an infrastructure?

There is no an economy would grow without infrastructure already in place and I know you know this. Companies that left Nigeria to Ghana did that because Nigeria don't have the needed infrastructure.
1) No power supply and the price of diesel was high which would result in increase in cost of production.
2) What about refinery if we had a working refinery, we would make more money.

I can keep on going on and on

Infrastructure comes before the growth of an economy.

And I know you guys know this but just want to keep defending him.

Did you rehearse what you wrote You claim infrastructure was the reason why companies left Nigeria for Ghana and that Apc has done justice to that? You claim diesel price was high and that was why they left?

1. How much was diesel then and now?? More than #600 apart from 180 to over #800
2. How many companies have returned since this administration fixed your so-called infrastructure?? Last time I checked, more have left. Your point again??

Please be guided obidiently.....
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by 3ple9iner: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chido26:

Did you rehearse what you wrote You claim infrastructure was the reason why companies left Nigeria for Ghana and that Apc has done justice to that? You claim diesel price was high and that was why they left?

1. How much was diesel then and now?? More than #600 apart from 180 to over #800
2. How many companies have returned since this administration fixed your so-called infrastructure?? Last time I checked, more have left. Your point again??

Please be guided obidiently.....

Bro were did I say APC has done justice to infrastructure abeg oo no go say watin I no talk oo ahh bro abeg oo
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by Prinxzona10: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Obere4u:

You can roof your house and then start small with poultry, or you sleep in the open with your poultry farm well equipped. Choice is yours.

All I'm saying is that either way, infrastructure drives economy. If not for insecurities, you will witness that rapid growth in our GDP.
If you are saying that security should be prioritised first, then I will give thumbs up

I will answer this for the very last time..see as you're disgracing yourself and complicating yourself even more..
Go up there,read what I wrote and remove any bias mind,then you will come to the conclusion that I'm right and Peter Obi was also right..You lamented that if not *insecurity*abi,then you went ahead and said that*IF* security should be prioritise first,then you will give a thumbs up..
Sir/madam,sorry to say this buh you're very slow and dumb or maybe been tribalist because you still came back to my initial submission via that the argument from Peter Obi's perspectives was that the government should limit with the elephant infrastructures that wouldn't have a kind of direct positive impact on the masses buh instead,have some smaller infrastructures put in place and tackle the main issue,which is insecurity to enable the elephant projects yield a positive results when established and how can we tackle the insecurity?
This is where Peter Obi analysis comes in via that to tackle insecurities,you have to bring people out of poverty because poverty is the main trigger of insecurity in every country...
So sir/madam, have you seen that Peter Obi was right because when you create jobs,get people employed,criminality would reduce and once criminality reduces,the insecurity reduces as well,thereby giving some of the infrastructures an avenue to flourish..
I rest my case... Gracias!!!!
Re: Lets Check Who's Right Between Peter Obi And Fashola!!!! by Okoroawusa: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
This is exactly why we want Biafra so we can implement this [/quote
Akuko Mike Ejeagha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iyabo Obasanjo Arrested / United States Government Memo On Biafra / Real Solution To Nigeria Epileptic Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.