Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers (428 Views)

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Much Awaited 2018 Prophecies By Prophet DAPO ADENIYI Of Word Of Faith Prophetic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Here's a question I'm asking in good faith to believers, how do you differentiate between the word of God and the word of man?

Throughout civilization, a vast library of literature spanning aeons, cultures and empires have been written all claiming to be inspired of and containing the will and message of god. Most have been lost in the passage of time, but quite a few remains in the modern times and continues to guide and dictate the daily conduct of millions across the globe. One funny thing about these writings is that despite the bold claim to be the words of a supreme deity, they were all written, compiled by and continues to be propagated by men. God it seems is unable to speak and spread his own ideas. That these writing seems to contradict one another doesn't help matters either. How does a sincere seeker of God arrive to a rational conclusion of what is God's word and what isn't? How do you separate the mind of God from the fantasies, ideas, imaginations and bias of the writers, compilers, editors and proselytes of these books? Is there a standard of what is God's word and what isn't and if there is then who laid down these standards and on what grounds were they laid down??
But most importantly, what is the word of God??

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by xproducer: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2022
Do you know that from the beginning of time and over all the many centuries and millennia that the prophecies of the Holy Bible have been and are continually fulfilled to the letter in the sight of all mankind? Can man of himself write like this without the revelation of GOD?

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:21

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" - 2 Timothy 3:16

Read the Holy Scriptures, do your research, pray for wisdom, and perhaps by GOD's grace... you will see.

+++

Make no mistake, and...

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." - Isaiah 46:9-11

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12 even the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - the WORD of GOD! (John 1:1)
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
xproducer:
Do you know that from the beginning of time and over all the many centuries and millennia that the prophecies of the Holy Bible have been and are continually fulfilled to the letter in the sight of all mankind? Can man of himself write like this without the revelation of GOD?

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:21

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" - 2 Timothy 3:16

Read the Holy Scriptures, do your research, pray for wisdom, and perhaps by GOD's grace... you will see.

+++

Make no mistake, and...

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." - Isaiah 46:9-11

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12 even the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - the WORD of GOD! (John 1:1)

You merely provided scriptural citations that do not in any way answer any of the questions I posed. Scriptural citations that could have well been a defense mechanism to protect the Bible's claims to be divinely inspired.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Dtruthspeaker: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordShiva97:
Here's a question I'm asking in good faith to believers, how do you differentiate between the word of God and the word of man? ...

Simple! Man's teachings are always based on man's wishes and desires and wants tailored to cover his guiltiness while raising high his hopefulness.

But God's Words is Very Very Sharp and Very Painfull and it does not care whether you would be happy to receive it or not. Usually, it annoys people so very much that they do not want to hear Him Speak Again.

So, that is one very big sign.

The others are
Man's word always follow the direction of the things man likes eg promise of riches, sinning without punishment, etc. With plenty of advertisement.

But God's Word follows the things men do not like eg do not be greedy, do not sleep with anyone's wife or daughter, do not do any wicked thing etc.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by xproducer: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordShiva97:

You merely provided scriptural citations that do not in any way answer any of the questions I posed. Scriptural citations that could have well been a defense mechanism to protect the Bible's claims to be divinely inspired.

++++++++

I suppose you would rather I had responded with my own words? If so, why would you want that when I offer in fact and per part of the Holy Scriptures I quoted - the infallible word of GOD - so that you can know what HE declares?!

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:17-19

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
xproducer:

++++++++

I suppose you would rather I had responded with my own words? If so, why would you want that when I offer in fact and per part of the Holy Scriptures I quoted - the infallible word of GOD - so that you can know what HE declares?!

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:17-19

Yes, I prefer you respond with your own words. You do realize it's highly problematic and illogical to claim your scriptures is God's word using words from the same scriptures? It's like using the Bible to prove that the Bible is true or God's words. That is circular logic at it's best.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by xproducer: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordShiva97:

Yes, I prefer you respond with your own words. You do realize it's highly problematic and illogical to claim your scriptures is God's word using words from the same scriptures? It's like using the Bible to prove that the Bible is true or God's words. That is circular logic at it's best.

+++

I would rather not use my own words, but rather GOD's proven inspired word.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." - 1 Corinthians 1:17

Like I said, do your research and you may find out for yourself that the Bible is no ordinary book... and that no prophecy therein has ever failed, nor ever will through the end of the age. Please, believe the good news of the Holy Bible unto salvation!

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." - Hebrews 4:12-13
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordShiva97:

You're very funny o!

So you don't want to use what is written in the Bible to authenticate the Bible, shey?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's smart though but then only true Christians can do that not churchgoers because it's when you have digested what your religion teaches that you'll be able to convince others without first making references to the book belonging to your religion.

Well if you're ready for what you're demanding i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses and i can prove to you logically that only the Bible is the true word of God, in fact it's you that will later demand that i should correlate what i'm saying with the Bible after seeing how logical and reasonable it is! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Wilgrea7(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
This is one of the many issues I have with theism.

A lot of texts out there claim to be “the word of the supreme God" or “divinely inspired", with no solid basis for those claims.

The only sort of “proof" they can provide, is usually a quote from said book, that says the book is correct.. which is basically just circular reasoning at play.

In reality, all we have are texts from people (sometimes not even directly), who claimed to have heard from a god.

So it's not even a god talking directly, which it should be able to do. It's a human, basically saying “my god said this". Not really as credible as hearing directly from the horse's (or in this case God's) mouth

2 Likes

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You're very funny o!

So you don't want to use what is written in the Bible to authenticate the Bible, shey?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's smart though but then only true Christians can do that not churchgoers because it's when you have digested what your religion teaches that you'll be able to convince others without first making references to the book belonging to your religion.

Well if you're ready for what you're demanding i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses and i can prove to you logically that only the Bible is the true word of God, in fact it's you that will later demand that i should correlate what i'm saying with the Bible after seeing how logical and reasonable it is! smiley

Well, what are we waiting for?
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
There are thousands of quotes recorded and we believe they're words from people we don't know facially and in most cases we see pictures of the one who uttered what is quoted, we never heard them say it yet we agreed that the quoted words protruded out of the person's mouth!

So all the quotes recorded in books regarding ancient men must be false if we never heard them say it because the words were recorded and rewriting over and over again until we read it.

The only reason to believe in quotes is if such quotes WORKS out BENEFITS afterward that's when the speaker should be respected and regarded as wise!

The title GOD connotes SUPREME BEING which means anytime this person offer counsel or advice it will forever be the best of all times!

So apart from events that only supernaturals can perform God's word should be timely always no need for updates unlike men's words that's coming from humans like you and i! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Wilgrea7(m): 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
xproducer:

+++

I would rather not use my own words, but rather GOD's proven inspired word.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." - 1 Corinthians 1:17

Like I said, do your research and you may find out for yourself that the Bible is no ordinary book... and that no prophecy therein has ever failed, nor ever will through the end of the age. Please, believe the good news of the Holy Bible unto salvation!

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." - Hebrews 4:12-13

Hi there. I don't think you understand the OP's points. You're quoting from the bible, as proof that the bible is true (whatever that means).

That would be the equivalent of quoting from a Harry Potter novel, as proof that the events in the novel are actually real. As the op said... That's circular reasoning.

You need to first prove objectively that the words contained in the different books of the bible are actually from the supreme creator deity you claim.

Also, i think it's important to note that the bible is a collection of books written by different authors over several centuries. So claiming that one part justifies the rest would also be faulty logic.

So... 2 things to avoid

1. Saying the bible is true simply because the bible says so.

2. Claiming X part of the bible is true because Y part said so

2 Likes

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by xproducer: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Hi there. I don't think you understand the OP's points. You're quoting from the bible, as proof that the bible is true (whatever that means).

That would be the equivalent of quoting from a Harry Potter novel, as proof that the events in the novel are actually real. As the op said... That's circular reasoning.

You need to first prove objectively that the words contained in the different books of the bible are actually from the supreme creator deity you claim.

Also, i think it's important to note that the bible is a collection of books written by different authors over several centuries. So claiming that one part justifies the rest would also be faulty logic.

So... 2 things to avoid

+++

Read my last response and really think about the word "proven" - do your research please and understand, by GOD's grace.

Your statement is based on a fallacy because the entire Bible is harmonious from cover to cover because it is inspired by the One and Only GOD through a number of prophets!

When you write academically, and to avoid plagiarism do you not quote the references / written works utilized to arrive at your own conclusions... what is the problem with my citing the source - the Holy Bible, and the Authority?!

Having stated all this, the Lord YESHUA Himself says that "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44, so pray for understanding of the heart given by GOD only, otherwise, one will always arrive at square one of unbelief... unto condemnation.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." - Matthew 13:15

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Wilgrea7:

So... 2 things to avoid

Thanks a lot for the intelligent input. That adds a lot of much needed clarity.
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
xproducer:

+++

Read my last response and really think about the word "proven" - do your research please and understand, by GOD's grace.

Your statement is based on a fallacy because the entire Bible is harmonious from cover to cover because it is inspired by the One and Only GOD through a number of prophets!

When you write academically, and to avoid plagiarism do you not quote the references / written works utilized to arrive at your own conclusions... what is the problem with my citing the source - the Holy Bible, and the Authority?!

Having stated all this, the Lord YESHUA Himself says that "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44, so pray for understanding of the heart given by GOD only, otherwise, one will always arrive at square one of unbelief... unto condemnation.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." - Matthew 13:15

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18

Because you're continually telling us to go and do research over and over again, I'm going to assume you're have done this research yourself and come to the reasonable conclusion that your preferred holy book is indeed God's true word. Do you mind enlightening us how you did this research and come to your bold conclusion?
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Wilgrea7(m): 3:50am On Jul 04, 2022
LordShiva97:

Thanks a lot for the intelligent input. That adds a lot of much needed clarity.

Much obliged sir
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Wilgrea7(m): 4:19am On Jul 04, 2022
xproducer:

+++

I think you completely missed my point. I understand the meaning of the word “proven"... That's why I'm asking you to prove the alleged claims you're making about your bible.

How exactly did you arrive at this conclusion? On what basis do you judge something to be the word of the “one and only God" as you've claimed.

The books of the bible were written by multiple authors over several centuries. Until you can provide proof of direct supernatural inspiration in each individual book, you cannot claim that it was truly inspired. And you cannot quote from the same book as proof for its inspiration.

If I wrote a book about how spiderman saved me from a burning building.. and you asked me for proof, and then I point to the part of the book where i said spiderman saved me... Does that really count as proof? Hearsay or word of mouth is not proof. Especially when it comes from a 3rd party source.

I'm sorry.. but this scenario doesn't really hold up. There are 2 main problems here.

1. If you're writing a paper, let's say on why the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, of course you can make references to other works that prove this claim.

This is usually done by multiple repeatabls and falsifyiable experiments, and the results are peer reviewed, before ever being published. You wouldn't just list a random website without any sort of scientific backing as your reference.

2. There's a difference between proving a topic, and proving claims made by someone else on that topic.

If for example, I wrote a paper saying mitochondria was NOT the powerhouse of a cell... And you asked me what proof I had, and rather than referencing the experiments and tests that led me to the conclusion, i instead referenced the part of my article that simply said “the Mitochondria isn't the powerhouse of the cell"... Would you accept that as credible proof? As opposed to something backed by testable and verifyable evidence

2 Likes

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19am On Jul 04, 2022
What convince millions now living that God's word truly exist in the midst of countless words ever recorded and heard!

There are many words written by humans who have heard dealings with the supernaturals, since it's not all of us that has such experience it's difficult for many (mostly those who never experienced such) to agree that words do come from the spirit world. First of all there are many creatures around us and even though we know that parrots do talk it's the language it's familiar with that it can speak not all languages. But when it comes to spirits we may find it really hard to believe that there are some invisible forms of life that are also intelligent in fact much more intelligent than humans so what's the proof that such things exist?
In all the cultures and traditions globally people always have what is called voodooism which is spiritistic practices. Well since many of us are selfish we may be only interested in what we can gain from these beings after all they are supernaturals. But the truth of the matter is that they're not interested in giving anyone what will do us real good except just one out of all these spirits.
So while all others do play along with selfish humans pretending to be kind and generous the one and only spirit who claims to be the Creator of all things is only interested in our wellbeing. That is why he sets standards for us as the Creator and landlord of the planet we live in. Through His words we can learn how to cohabit peacefully and enjoy the best of life but all other spirits are only interested in one thing: WORSHIP and nothing more!

To illustrate, imagine a firm where there are lots of workers like the admin staffs, production, qualities assurance, cleaners and the management. If you walk into such a place it may be difficult for you to IDENTIFY the CEO just by sight but when you carefully observe the way and manner they relate with one another you will surely figure out who owns the investment. Because even though some workers may be diligent at work while others are only doing eyeservice but the sole investor will never like his company to run down. So everyone will be serious in handling their assigned duties anytime he is around.
WHY? Because each person knows that all the regulations are set up to keep the business going and the CEO will be interested in seeing to it.

Now think of all the words ever written, heard or recorded as "God's word" where can we find wise counsel that will promote LOVE, JOY PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL among fellow humans?
Or do you think the world won't be a Paradise if 70% of the world's population are working towards those nine qualities?

I said 70% because our little ones may need to learn how to cultivate those qualities from the grown-ups in the society! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by xproducer: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I think you completely missed my point. I understand the meaning of the word “proven"... That's why I'm asking you to prove the alleged claims you're making about your bible.

+++

Pity...

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence." - 1 Corinthians 1:20-29
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by Wilgrea7(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2022
xproducer:

+++

Pity...

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence." - 1 Corinthians 1:20-29

What exactly am i supposed to do with this?

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
What convince millions now living that God's word truly exist in the midst of countless words ever recorded and heard!

There are many words written by humans who have heard dealings with the supernaturals, since it's not all of us that has such experience it's difficult for many (mostly those who never experienced such) to agree that words do come from the spirit world. First of all there are many creatures around us and even though we know that parrots do talk it's the language it's familiar with that it can speak not all languages. But when it comes to spirits we may find it really hard to believe that there are some invisible forms of life that are also intelligent in fact much more intelligent than humans so what's the proof that such things exist?
In all the cultures and traditions globally people always have what is called voodooism which is spiritistic practices. Well since many of us are selfish we may be only interested in what we can gain from these beings after all they are supernaturals. But the truth of the matter is that they're not interested in giving anyone what will do us real good except just one out of all these spirits.
So while all others do play along with selfish humans pretending to be kind and generous the one and only spirit who claims to be the Creator of all things is only interested in our wellbeing. That is why he sets standards for us as the Creator and landlord of the planet we live in. Through His words we can learn how to cohabit peacefully and enjoy the best of life but all other spirits are only interested in one thing: WORSHIP and nothing more!

To illustrate, imagine a firm where there are lots of workers like the admin staffs, production, qualities assurance, cleaners and the management. If you walk into such a place it may be difficult for you to IDENTIFY the CEO just by sight but when you carefully observe the way and manner they relate with one another you will surely figure out who owns the investment. Because even though some workers may be diligent at work while others are only doing eyeservice but the sole investor will never like his company to run down. So everyone will be serious in handling their assigned duties anytime he is around.
WHY? Because each person knows that all the regulations are set up to keep the business going and the CEO will be interested in seeing to it.

Now think of all the words ever written, heard or recorded as "God's word" where can we find wise counsel that will promote LOVE, JOY PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL among fellow humans?
Or do you think the world won't be a Paradise if 70% of the world's population are working towards those nine qualities?

I said 70% because our little ones may need to learn how to cultivate those qualities from the grown-ups in the society! smiley

Wise counsel that promotes and advocates love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, faith, mildness and self-control can be found in the sacred texts of most major religions and you can't argue that these writings are the words of the same god. Can you see the problem now??
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by LordShiva97(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2022
Here's one more problem, the argument that uniformity of message in the several books that make the Christian Bible written over several centuries by writers that range from shepherds to kings points to divine inspiration and authorship is highly problematic. This argument crumbles like a pile of legos when you remember that the collection of books now know as the Bible was compiled and edited multiple times and has undergone multiple changes to get to it's current form. Simply put, the uniformity of message is as a result of many books, chapters and portions been taken off and edited to give the impression of uniformity and not because of divine inspiration like believers will have you believe.
Re: The Irony Of 'word Of God', A Question To Believers by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
LordShiva97:

Wise counsel that promotes and advocates love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, faith, mildness and self-control can be found in the sacred texts of most major religions and you can't argue that these writings are the words of the same god. Can you see the problem now??

The highlighted is the greatest lie ever told on this planet! smiley

Though you may be confused if you're not really observant but that's the truth.
A first century Jewish carpenter who later became a preacher once said:

"By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit" Matthew 7:16-18

I know you can't easily figure out what this man meant but i am one of his disciples so let me guide you.

Each religion will present their teachings and claim it's meant to achieve those nine qualities but you don't need to worry or argue, just allow people to apply it practically then watch out for the organization of imperfection humans in whose gathering all these nine qualities will be exhibited.

Note that no single individual can master these qualities but those using the word of the true God will successfully achieved it in their gathering! Isaiah 2:2-4
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dunsin Oyekan Shares Testimony As He Confirms Ghastly Motor Accident / Facts About The Popular Virgin Prophet Evangelist Ebuka Obi / Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Lying In State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.