Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (5996 Views)

Soldiers Humiliate Civilians At Fatgbems Filling Station,Mile 2,Lagos(Photos) / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) / New Video Shows Boko Haram Shooting Civilians At School Dormitory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by mekaboy(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2011

PIKIN WEY SAY HIM MAMA NO GO SLEEP, EM TOO NO GO SLEEP. THESE NORTHERNERS I TIRE FOR YOU O. SO YOU WILL RATHER LET THE SOLDIERS WIPE YOU ALL OUT THAN EXPOSE THESE BOKO HARAM GUYS ?

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. JUST BEAR IN MIND THAT ONE ONE BOMB GOES OFF, MORE THAN 20 PEOPLE WILL BE KILLED BY THESE SOLDIERS WHETHER INNOCENT OR NOT, BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHO THESE BOKO HARAM GUYS ARE. AND THEY KEEP KILLING THE SOLDIERS SO WHAT THE SOLDIERS ARE DOING IS CALLED " SELF DEFENSE" .  THEY HAVE TO KILL ANYONE AROUND THEM BECAUSE IF THEY DONT KILL THEY WILL BE KILLED.

EXPOSE BOKO HARAM AND BE FREE.

Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by DaDoctor: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2011
@alhajerim! abi na alamanjiri
you blind o
DIDNT YOU HEAR OF ODI BOMBING?

MUGU!!
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by cold(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2011
mekaboy:

PIKIN WEY SAY HIM MAMA NO GO SLEEP, EM TOO NO GO SLEEP. THESE NORTHERNERS I TIRE FOR YOU O. SO YOU WILL RATHER LET THE SOLDIERS WIPE YOU ALL OUT THAN EXPOSE THESE BOKO HARAM GUYS ?

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. JUST BEAR IN MIND THAT ONE ONE BOMB GOES OFF, MORE THAN 20 PEOPLE WILL BE KILLED BY THESE SOLDIERS WHETHER INNOCENT OR NOT, BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHO THESE BOKO HARAM GUYS ARE. AND THEY KEEP KILLING THE SOLDIERS SO WHAT THE SOLDIERS ARE DOING IS CALLED " SELF DEFENSE" .  THEY HAVE TO KILL ANYONE AROUND THEM BECAUSE IF THEY DONT KILL THEY WILL BE KILLED.

EXPOSE BOKO HARAM AND BE FREE.

True.These BH guys do not live in space,they live amongst the populace and the people know who they are yet fail to divulge any information to the security agencies and then turn around to cry foul when the soldiers (over) react the way do.You can't eat your cake & have it.,expose these folks or you might turn collateral damage like someone has alluded to earlier.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by sadyeek(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2011
GEJ is not taking side. Unlike sanusi who is taking it religious.

He's not doing anything either!!?? At least to my knowledge.

I get that u don't like its called islamic banking! But y don't u just face the fact that it is. Embrace it And luk forward to benefiting from it or if ur not interested just let it be. Because it is totally harmless.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2011
stildude:

Most politicians are quick to point accusing fingers at the govt in power instead of proffering intelligent solutions to the problem at hand . Some are too scared to take a side (the hallmark of politicians like Tinubu) are always sitting on the fence. America has about the best system in the world, yet, there are all sorts of extremist and supremacist groups, wacko guys that let off fumes on innocent students or people cos of one personal dissatisfaction or the other. These issues are always treated as crimes not  fingers being pointed at the govt of the day. Let's face it, the activity of Boko Haram is criminal and it must be first and foremost seen and treated as such. On the birth of a state or nation, consenting peoples are supposed to collapse or surrender their will into that of the state not otherwise. The clear word for the activity of the sect is TREASON!
Pls. while we condemn unwarranted killings of innocent civilians, we should avoid making statements that tend to excuse any form of crime (or criminality) against the people or state. (the state is mostly the totality of the people)

There exists intelligent solutions for all kinds of terrorism; research as well as working material have proven some methods to work and all point to a fundamental weakness in public governance infrastructure. Social, Political and Religious concerns can be effectively treated within a strong, well-thought out Governance Infrastructure. There will always be crime everywhere in the world but there are some countries where crime is significantly reduced you can say it is non-existent. It is not due to good citizens, it is due to Good Governance. FYI Tinubu is a Political and Social Terrorists and he has sufficient means to force his agenda as he pleases (Only in Nigeria)

I agree, crimes against Humanity is nakedly obvious and cannot be disputed, condemnation is all that it is, a position. it does not enable resolution. What really is the root of Religious Terrorism in Nigeria? Is it truly Religious or Socio-Economic? If such violent groups according to Muslims form a tiny minority of the Larger Family of Islam, Why is the %99.99 of this Family of Islam quiet on Religious Terrorism. like you said, the people must come under the laws of the state. If you are familiar with Nigeria since the re-birth of democracy, you will understand that Politics is played with the hand of Religion and Ethnicity and from that point on, The Rule of Law is as useful as a paper-weight. FG should apply the Rule of Law in all matters concerning governance, Have we forgotten the Odi Massacres, the Jos, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri Killings too soon? Are you telling me the FG does not think it important to form a think-thank to review findings and seek better pre-emptive and pro-active means of preventing re-occurrence of civil violence. It seems that for over the past 15 years FG has not laid down any plans to treat this matter except roll in the army.

The State is mostly the totality of the people - Rightly said, but do you get a feeling that majority of Nigerians feel differently about this simple fact? Civil Liberties upturned at the slightest instance with no avenue for justice, crimes going unpunished, elected leadership reneging on its mandate set by the people, Federal/State agencies not held accountable for acts that jeopardize the existence of its citizens? We must call A Spade A Spade or risk falling into a state of ignorance that allows us to treat part of a problem rather than looking at the bigger picture.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by otokx(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2011
Once the army is involved this is what happens; ask the people of ODI, OGONI or even my friends in CHOBA; you guys have not seen anything yet. In CHOBA when mopol came from benue state to protect wilbros the entire village was sacked, they all migrated to Aluu, Rumualogu, Alakahia and Emohua. Anything that moved was shot at and destroyed. People who unknowingly took that part of the CHOBA road to go to the metropolis when they got to the check point they were sent to meet their maker and their left over belongings inherited by the soldiers. As for ODI they just blocked two sides of the east west road, moved in the tanks and artilery together with massive air power - they leveled the place down so do not expect anything less in Maiduguri.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2011
otokx:

Once the army is involved this is what happens; ask the people of ODI, OGONI or even my friends in CHOBA; you guys have not seen anything yet. In CHOBA when mopol came from benue state to protect wilbros the entire village was sacked, they all migrated to Aluu, Rumualogu, Alakahia and Emohua. Anything that moved was shot at and destroyed. People who unknowingly took that part of the CHOBA road to go to the metropolis when they got to the check point they were sent to meet their maker and their left over belongings inherited by the soldiers. As for ODI they just blocked two sides of the east west road, moved in the tanks and artilery together with massive air power - they leveled the place down so do not expect anything less in Maiduguri.

Who was President of Nigeria then? Expect much less or Nothing from GEJ
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by omo9ja1(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2011
I think what the soldiers did is wrong but when you kill a soldier you have invited war that is the rule of the military in Nigeria ask GEN Malu during Odi crisis, I thinkl we need to ask ourself a question how many will die just to make peace reign?

I think the govt have fail to address the issue accordingly
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by honeric01(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2011
Those supporting this should know one thing

"it fit be u tomorrow" grin
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by otokx(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2011
University of Maiduguri did the sensible thing and other citizens should follow suit; life first before you can live. They should get out of that town and get away from the violence in it. Boko Haram will find it difficult to operate in a town where no human being resides except the soldiers.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Myself2(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2011
Like someone noted earlier;when the army gets involved in a conflict situation,it ceases to be a tea party

That reminds me,why is it that the useless,conniving,gullible people of Maiduguri and Borno state are always accusing the JTF of one thing or the other,instead of pointing out/giving leads that would help the JTF quell the boko haram terrorism and pave the way for peace to return to the area.

My guess is that either they're all collaborators or they're members of boko haram also,so the army should gun them all down and teach them that there's a difference between the NA and NPF
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by 9jauk: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2011
Nigeria must split, Rago Mala, call dem whatever must be on thr own,na by force to rule, allow Goodluck to Govern frustrated lot.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Myself2(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2011
otokx:

University of Maiduguri did the sensible thing and other citizens should follow suit; life first before you can live. They should get out of that town and get away from the violence in it. Boko Haram will find it difficult to operate in a town where no human being resides except the soldiers.

And those useless boko cowards stand no chance against the soldiers.Hmmm,is it not soldiers of the Nigerian army,who hardly abide by the geneva convention or any rules of engagement?,just wound or kill their men and they would unleash the kind of vengeance that would make soldiers from western nations cringe.I laff in Urhobo
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by stildude(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

There exists intelligent solutions for all kinds of terrorism; research as well as working material have proven some methods to work and all point to a fundamental weakness in public governance infrastructure. Social, Political and Religious concerns can be effectively treated within a strong, well-thought out Governance Infrastructure. There will always be crime everywhere in the world but there are some countries where crime is significantly reduced you can say it is non-existent. It is not due to good citizens, it is due to Good Governance. FYI Tinubu is a Political and Social Terrorists and he has sufficient means to force his agenda as he pleases (Only in Nigeria)

I agree, crimes against Humanity is nakedly obvious and cannot be disputed, condemnation is all that it is, a position. it does not enable resolution. What really is the root of Religious Terrorism in Nigeria? Is it truly Religious or Socio-Economic? If such violent groups according to Muslims form a tiny minority of the Larger Family of Islam, Why is the %99.99 of this Family of Islam quiet on Religious Terrorism. like you said, the people must come under the laws of the state. If you are familiar with Nigeria since the re-birth of democracy, you will understand that Politics is played with the hand of Religion and Ethnicity and from that point on, The Rule of Law is as useful as a paper-weight. FG should apply the Rule of Law in all matters concerning governance, Have we forgotten the Odi Massacres, the Jos, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri Killings too soon? Are you telling me the FG does not think it important to form a think-thank to review findings and seek better pre-emptive and pro-active means of preventing re-occurrence of civil violence. It seems that for over the past 15 years FG has not laid down any plans to treat this matter except roll in the army.

The State is mostly the totality of the people - Rightly said, but do you get a feeling that majority of Nigerians feel differently about this simple fact? Civil Liberties upturned at the slightest instance with no avenue for justice, crimes going unpunished, elected leadership reneging on its mandate set by the people, Federal/State agencies not held accountable for acts that jeopardize the existence of its citizens? We must call A Spade A Spade or risk falling into a state of ignorance that allows us to treat part of a problem rather than looking at the bigger picture.
I like most of the scholarly argument you have put forward here. however, the point I would like to drive home to you is that the issues prevalent or root causes of most of the civil violence in Nigeria can't be explained away like that. I want you to take a case of yemeni terrorists and the taliban in Afganistan. Is the behaviour of these people due to bad governance alone? I think not. It is as a result of slow and careful redicalisation of the populace by the people of influence in those places. Nowadays, most southern Nigerians are sympathetic to Western and Isreali causes due to religion and Orientation. Fondness with and affinity to their way of life  injected into us through Christianity, western literatures, ideologies, cinemas, etc. We have their stars as our role model , remember, John Wayn, superman. All these media have helped to reinforce, cement and sustain these ways in us. So weather, the govt is good or bad, we still uphold certain sense of beliefs in justice and order as taught in our schools and churches. From this view point, Needless to say why most  people of islamic north have the animosity to things western and civilized. there has been steady infuse of radical thoughts and teaching hate and propagandist view against the west and chritianity into followers by their people of influence from childhood.
If the govt was to be blamed, then, this behaviour should be seen in every Nigerian. You might want to point us to the ND agitations.  Their causes are not to be compared to those of the BH. Their enemies were either the govt or the rich. A case of Robin Hood in English forklore. (before it was hijacked and turned into criminality) I also want to tell you that if the People of ND wanted to be industrious, there would have been no need for militancy. Most of the millitant group were just bunch of lazy people who couldn't sit their butt down to decent day's work, hence resorted to crime. I was in PH and I observed that when companies give slots to the indegenes, some of them sell their slots and go about 'hussling'. In Yenogoa and delta for instance, some guys get contract awards and sell them off, cos they are not ready to get down to any dirty biz. I had a friend who lived in our state then, He studied engineering. when there was invitation from oil companies to all qualified ijaws to come and get instant employment, he went and he is still with an oil giant till date. some won't go or even bother to go to school. Later people'll start singing the song of govt intolerance and insensitivity to the plight of the common man. Most of their leaders even divert monies appriopraited to them to develop their community. Our president went to school without shoes!   On the issue of No laid down manuals for treating cases of insurrection like this.  I think they do. The army is one aspect of it. Tried as the US have, to win the afgans over, they couldn't do it, in the end, the blast of m16s, unmanned craft and  boots on the ground are the only things achieving results. Radical islamization is the root cause not the govt.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by phreakabit(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA RFLMAO!!!!!! POP POP POP POP! POP POP SOMETHING!!!!!!

Remember Anambra, Jos and Odi ? well this leaves us with just the Yorubas left now.

For Yoruba people (Not Lagos sha, thats where I am) : [size=15pt]Military onslaught! COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU!!!!![/size]
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by hillsate: 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Seriously, how come the people who are condemning the soldiers for defending themselves are not condemning  the bokoharams?
Everyone talks about soldiers killing innocent citizen, so what faction of the citizen is bokoharam killing? Yet no one, not even the sultan or the northen emirs and islamic leaders deem it fit to condemn the bokos.
The boko haram made it categorically clear that they have the support of the locals in borno state and the locals have not refuted that statement. How then do you blame a combatant soldier for defending himself by opening fire on people who shield the boko harams on provocation with a bomb.
The genesis of all these insurgents in the north is because there is a christian president' which is what the muslims are not happy about. Boko haram for them is a means to an end.
One question, all the presidential aspirants that threatened the peace of this country should jonathan win are of which religion? Isn't it obvious.

One sure way to address this boko haram issue is for sultan, northern emirs, and islamic leaders to come out and publicly condemn the activities of the boko haram and stop shielding the bokharam guys.
But i doubt if this will ever happen because they are secretly in support of the boko harams.

The soldiers will hence not stop the shooting as long as the guys wont stop the bombing as long as those who know them want to keep shielding them.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by nagoma(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
@freewilly;

"where was the outrage when the freaking stinking awusa brothers were killing innocent women and children in the thousands in Biafra."

You dont seem to realize that Nigeria was at war with Biafra. Are you suggesting that Nigeria is now at war with Borno State? The President should declare it so that Borno can have its own army to protect its citizens just as the Republic of Biafra should have done.
Or is this army attack on Borno a revenge for the Biafran war defeat ? Are these soldiers in Borno Biafran or Nigerian soldiers? We neeed to clarify issues as the enjoyment and celebration of civilian deaths on Nairaland is causing concern.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by phreakabit(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
As far as I am concerned, the people killed were all terrorists! Freaking generic talibans.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by onyekabe(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
Gunboat was used at ogbeijaw and ogoni. thousands of people where killed they let the same happen in medugiri. Because all the muslem living there are boko haram otherwise how can somebody just attack and kill a police man and walk into a market and on body will report his wereabout to the police
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by teskyg: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
Collateral Damage, They are paying the price for harboring BKH.They shield BKH, so they deserve what they got.Why are people not writing against the atrocities of BKH?It is only when Soldiers hit back that our media is awash with doctored and one sided information,
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:31am On Jul 27, 2011
What are people still doing in that city for goodness sake
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by ljila(f): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
Guys, i have read some replies and its not really as simple as you think.
teskyg:

Collateral Damage, They are paying the price for harboring BKH.They shield BKH, so they deserve what they got.Why are people not writing against the atrocities of BKH?It is only when Soldiers hit back that our media is awash with doctored and one sided information,
onyekabe:

Gunboat was used at ogbeijaw and ogoni. thousands of people where killed they let the same happen in medugiri. Because all the muslem living there are boko haram otherwise how can somebody just attack and kill a police man and walk into a market and on body will report his wereabout to the police
The Boko Haram guys at the moment don't have any trade mark appearance. It used to be long beards and pedal-pusher trousers but now they're all mixed up that one don't say anything, "i guess they've swaggered up lol ". My parents are there so i know what i'm talking about. Mamaa says no one talks, not even gist about them cos who don't know who is who and they would not hesitate to kill you/your family. NO MERCY! Its pathetic.
The policemen that were fighting them in 2009, were being singled out and killed after the prison break last year. Also, anyone who pointed them out to "Operation flush" (the soldiers brought in 2009 to restore order) were targeted and murdered. Traditional and Islamic clerics that condemned their acts were killed. Its a terrible situation
Ucheosefoh:

What are people still doing in that city for goodness sake
Where will people run to if they have nowhere to go? Isn't leaving the city giving them more training ground to cause havoc? Although, leaving the town can also narrow down civilian casualties and make it easier for JTF to tackle this menace.

Its unfortunate cos they have access to sophisticated weapons that common Nigerian policemen do not have. They might say "Western education is sin" but i assure you, they are up to date with technology. A well equipped hospital was found when the Mohammed Yusuf camp was broken into two years ago.
If to say our security agencies were up to date, the IP address of the person who started that their "Con website" can be figured and his/her motive for starting the site questioned. It may/may not help with intelligence but who knows until we try. I do not think its theirs cos they give public addresses in Hausa or Arabic
I think there is a political twist to it cos my northern brothers will not let that presidency zoning thing just go. They believe that Nigerian presidency is somehow "our birthright", I reckon some northern political big wigs are bent on frustrating President Jonathan's regime by all means to use it to spike unrest. Mind you, their families are not there so they do not bother, heartless desperados. Bring the violence near them and let's see how long this nonsense lasts, its unfortunate but in a war, no one really wins. I hope + pray this ends asap.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by freegaza(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2021
Dear IPOBIANS

It's not a tea party, it's called WAR!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Lagos State Assembly Complex / Who Is A Nigerian? / British Government Calls For Biafra Referendum With Osinbajo PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.