Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) (81067 Views)

Giant African Land Snails For Sale / Giant African Land Snails For Sale / Giant African Land Snail For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
godofuck231:
NIGGGGGGAAAAAAAAA we you no chop snail , you get maragiitis? Talk less meningitis
Cooking snails will kill the lungworm parasite entirely because organisms can't stand a high level of heat, but everyone touches these snails before cooking it and this puts you at risk of getting infected. Understand that they take health issues more seriously than we do here. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by harmony75: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Americans are seeing things we're not seeing.. Mmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by TrollsNeverDies(f): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Beey:
One thing about the US is that they are very protective of whatever plants or animals get to land on their soil. I was returning from my home in May when the airport staff dumped out my Royco spices . If you check the airport videos of the JFK airport, you’ll see how much food is trashed daily. This is done to protect their soil from harmful pests transported through food or living organisms and it’s been an ongoing thing. It’s not new.
wow, so what's your occupation over there?
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by godofuck231: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Cooking snails will kill the lungworm parasite entirely because organisms can't stand a high level of heat, but everyone touches these snails before cooking it and this puts you at risk of getting infected. Understand that they take health issues more seriously than we do here. Thanks.
good wear gloves, cook the damn snail and eat the fvck, warahell

2 Likes

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by drnoel: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
blazingblender:
Can you imagine
Catch kill am chop

You didn't see the portion of it carrying a warm that can cause meningitis
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Ese2ehi: 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
So in Nigeria we pursue meat. But in America meat pursue humans

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Layksaide(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Can we run the biz here. I'm legit and gonna give you the best. It's my side hustle Sha. A trial will convince You
Totilopussylick:
grin

Meanwhile over here in Germany.

One piece goes for #2euro #5cent kiss tongue
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by blowjohn(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ah see meat o.
No be only motor we dey buy abeg.

Send down the snail.....!!!! cheesy grin
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by deolu2000(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
A case of different strokes for different folks. Snail that is a source of great income to its farmers plus good source of healthy protein for the body of her consumers in Nigeria oga Ju
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by nextstep(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
cenaman:
Oyibo too get wahala, Common snail na em them dey fear like this?

Imagine if there was a locust, or some other insect that really likes to eat cassava leaves invaded Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
This is what is called giant? cheesy where I come from we call this one "atakpana" it's not even up to the size of the bigger one which we call "Ikekere" Omo it's been a while I ate this. Very delicious and yummy in banga or egusi soup but enjoyed best when fried kiss

3 Likes

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by TheTourist: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin grin confirm!! Abeg send us pics

BigDawsNet:
My Guys in Florida are preparing hot Snail stew as we speak grin grin with $99 I will fly and goan chop sweet African snail
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Proudlyomonna: 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Something wey small children dey do ultimate search ontop for villa undecided undecided
Nna ehhn wahala never come too much for this country like dis undecided
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Proudlyomonna: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
drnoel:

You didn't see the portion of it carrying a warm that can cause meningitis

And you think meningitis can stand the hunger in Nija undecided
E be like se this one no know se hunger no be anybody mate undecided

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by otokx(m): 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Roasted and peppered.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by EmmyDJourno: 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
Can i swap 24hrs with some one there smiley
I need to test some snail recipes grin
Before I reach fried Snail and cold water Garri I go don chop 100 cheesy
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
Oxala:
A large plateful of these snails fried, plus two bottles of Budweiser is all I ask
Abeg, if you see, mention me. You Sabi better thing smiley
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by maasoap(m): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tb222:
I heard once you sight a snail in the US, the first thing to do is to call the cops, if you touch a snail you are advised to quarantine, any snail involving incident is treated as an emergency. Commercial activities involving snails is worse than cocaine trafficking and can attract a lengthy jail sentence.

I wouldn't blame their authority, oyinbos are highly susceptible to diseases unlike Africans who are already used to hard life from the onset. You read them talking about meningitis
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Ishilove: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
potland:
shut up fool. Embrace your heritage for once. Dont come here and be forming white
No, you shut up, you e-imbecilè. Rejecting snails is part of my heritage but your sub-zero IQ will not allow you realise that the Nigerian people's cultures are not homogenous. Oponu. Moronike

2 Likes

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Bigchristo22(m): 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin grin
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/giant-african-snails-force-us-town-into-quarantine/
something that we are happy to get in Africa better stew will be ready between a blink of eyes
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by meobizy(f): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Possible solutions;

1. Import French chefs.

2. Introduce predatory birds or fire ants. How those snails exist there without fire ants present baffle me.

3. Do a Google search and learn West African routines for making food out of them.

4. Import African farmers who’ll turn a bad situation into a profitable one.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ishilove:

No, you shut up, you e-imbecilè. Rejecting snails is part of my heritage but your sub-zero IQ will not allow you realise that the Nigerian people's cultures are not homogenous. Oponu. Moronike
yeah some parts of ukwuani people forbids it. I guess your side is involved smiley

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lol snail ad is at the end of the thread self cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by naijamerican: 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
sam121:
Where are the Igbo guys over there, see better opportunity for exportation of snails to Nigeria. grin

Oh so now you like Igbos. SMH
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by HimName: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2022
So na awa own IGBINedio or onIGBINde oyibo dey gee bad names laidis?

To dem, every bad tins na from Africa.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by phyl123: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2022
These escaped from Nigeria.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by excanny: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2022
cenaman:

The snails are from Africa and will destroy a lot of things in their country.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by macrodata(m): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2022
Olam09:
Lol. E get one time like that wey my friend talk say em papa carry this particular snail go America.. na for airport dem ask am say make e dump the snail in the dustbin. grin
Is the snail that harmful?
It is wrong to bring in a new alien specie of animal into another ecosystem. It'll bring in new threats to the ecology and disrupt the natural order hierarchy system of the habitat.

A new specie will introduce new bacteria, diseases & crop damage. This is why so many farmers lose their birds or low crop yield, but illiteracy in this part of the world only make us consider stomach infrastructure than reason with common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by kingvil(m): 12:23am On Jul 04, 2022
Wetin we take dey fry stew anyhow dat year
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Starz825(m): 12:27am On Jul 04, 2022
cenaman:
Omooo..I wonder oo
Common snail..na him Dem dey speak phonetic like this
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Lovelydaisies: 12:28am On Jul 04, 2022
cenaman:

Lol. It is said 'invasive' species na. How would you feel if you began to see large, brightly red and green coloured snails that are exotic and have been destructive to your area before ? You go catch am chop? grin cheesy
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by fennels007(m): 12:33am On Jul 04, 2022
See meat for naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poultry Battery Cages For Sale In Nigeria / A Leopard-Like Creature Killed In A Public School In Lagos (Photos) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.