Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) (81042 Views)

Giant African Land Snails For Sale / Giant African Land Snails For Sale / Giant African Land Snail For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by 18wheeler: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2022
These guys will just waste these nutritious mollusks. Make dem allow just 5 comrades 1 week visas to clear them free of charge. We will settle ourselves when they return

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Iceberg3: 7:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Snail in USA!!!!!!
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by fotadmowmend(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2022
Normal snail Dem dey call giant .....
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Benrosaria(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2022
White man has deadly intentions for blacks. Same white man who brought religion to us now is saying giant snails poses threat to man because it carries a disease. Are they trying to let us know that even humans are suppose to carry disease from before we enter this world. So this their dirty god was a complete mess in this project called creating earth.

For anyone who believes there is a god is dead and gone.

My unborn kid won’t even think of creating earth with this kinda chaos and tell us to find the solution to the chaos.

Dear slowpoke god when can will you get tired to ask a question?
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by fotadmowmend(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Rat lungworm disease. Nigerians have probably built up a tolerance but it’ll make the average American very ill. This invasive species also ruins crops and causes other damage. No food is worth the risk of meningitis.
There are food grade snails here in the US and imported here but this isn’t one.
Over here we touch, eat and even allow this beautiful creature to procreate freely

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by everythinggirly(f): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2022
I love this animal, if you use am make okro soup, ogbono, plantain pepper soup or better still stew, you will never regret that great taste. Snails are highly nutritious.
Make them pack them come nija Asap.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Khaleesi4lyf(f): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2022
Please deport them to Naija! Make I use am do fried peppered snail step am down with rubies wine tongue

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Finore(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2022
Omo see business dey waste oh. Chai. I for carry boy's pack enter naija oh
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Billygee2u: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2022
dawnomike:
They should depot the snails enmass to Nigeria
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by cardoctor(m): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2022
Nigerians in Florida will soon start snail hunting inside bush. Just wait. They are coming.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2022
Congo meat grin
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2022
cardoctor:
Nigerians in Florida will soon start snail hunting inside bush. Just wait. They are coming.

The Florida Ag department has already started poisoning them. Australia also used poison to stop a similar infestation.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Belteshazzar1: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2022
Omo see meat
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by FireUpNow(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2022
Na better Congo meat be this na. Oyonbo sef dey dull sha. How earth dem dey say if somebody touch am say e dey trans women wey go cause meningitis? Rubbish! Dem go learn Chinese story
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Gandollaar(f): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2022
Fira09:
Oyinbo no get mind o.....if na naija see better Meat for food. cool cool
Correct natural congo meat.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Fira09(m): 9:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Gandollaar:
Correct natural congo meat.

LoL grin
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Gandollaar(f): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2022
Fira09:

LoL grin
I know you like Congo meet.. natural congo meat. cheesy
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Fira09(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2022
Gandollaar:
I know you like Congo meet.. natural congo meat. cheesy

Wella smiley
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Haykinx98(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2022
Tb222:
I heard once you sight a snail in the US, the first thing to do is to call the cops, if you touch a snail you are advised to quarantine, any snail involving incident is treated as an emergency. Commercial activities involving snails is worse than cocaine trafficking and can attract a lengthy jail sentence.
Now imagine telling the judge to allow you to eat peppered snail meat thrice in a week grin
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Kolaboluv7(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2022
Tb222:
I heard once you sight a snail in the US, the first thing to do is to call the cops, if you touch a snail you are advised to quarantine, any snail involving incident is treated as an emergency. Commercial activities involving snails is worse than cocaine trafficking and can attract a lengthy jail sentence.

shocked shocked

Just imagine
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by AlphaTaikun: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2022
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/giant-african-snails-force-us-town-into-quarantine/
The importation of live African giant snails is actually illegal in the U.S. They are voratious eaters and destroyers of crops and vegetation. grin
An irony that the nutricious and delicious giant escargot can be banned in the U.S. Lol.

There are farm-bred, commercial grade African giant snails though.

Oh well, we keep on keeping on.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by OpinionCounts(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Over in Nigeria, male life expectancy is 54 years compared to 78 years in the US. If the average man in Nigeria lives 54 years and the average American man lives 78, does that make you question your statement?

No.

Reason being that, other conditions outside immune strength leads to death in a country like Nigeria. Life expectancy is not calculated only based on immune strength. Believe me, if Americans with their immune strength are subjected to what the average Nigerian is subjected to on a daily basis, their life expectancy will drop to probably 35 or 38 years.
Life expectancy is not judged on health basis alone. There are a thousand ways an average Nigeria dies, malnutrition, assassination, taking terribly polluted water, bandits, herdsmen, substandard drugs, suffering and abject poverty, no access to quality medical care, hunger, dirty cities (poor or no proper waste management), Road accidents due to bad roads or overused and terribly delapidated vehicles etc etc, many of the aforementioned are not experienced in America and even where they exist in America they are very minimal compared to Africa.
So Nigerians life expectancy of 54years in the midst of all the plaques she survives daily should actually be equivalent to Americans living up to 95years and not 78years with all the amenities and conducive environment they enjoy.

Note that I am not contesting that Americans live longer than Nigerians (I really don't know about that), I am saying clearly from a lot of verifiable evidence from effects of viruses and bacterial outbreaks on the both races that Nigerians have stronger immune system compared to them.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by macrodata(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2022
[quote author=1stGenAmerican post=114398423][/quote]Thanks. I wrote that with sleepy eyes. The errors are duly noted and will be corrected immediately.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by PapaFejiro: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2022
This Florida sef own too much.
All kinds of animals living their lives are termed 'invasive' abegi.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Truvelisback(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2022
Fira09:
Dem dey fear Ebola, Coro or Mergburg abi na wetin dem dey call am self.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Fira09(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2022
Truvelisback:
Dem dey fear Ebola, Coro or Mergburg abi na wetin dem dey call am self.

They behave so protective.
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Abakelawal(f): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2022
These snail hv miss road... Me that dey ask me to be eating snail
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by KingMack(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2022
Fira09:

...well peppered and spiced with the pic below to step down grin

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by Mrexcell(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2022
Tb222:

U don't mean it is the snail that harmful to their health?

1 Like

Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
OYIBO DEY FEAR COMMON SNAIL FROM AFRICA because THEY THINK NA THEIR PLACE CLEAN PASS. undecided
Re: Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) by drnoel: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

And you think meningitis can stand the hunger in Nija undecided
E be like se this one no know se hunger no be anybody mate undecided

Then you don't know meningitis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poultry Battery Cages For Sale In Nigeria / A Leopard-Like Creature Killed In A Public School In Lagos (Photos) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.