Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? (2200 Views)

Why Does Transsion Devices Do This? / A Brutally Honest Review Of Transsion Devices / Another Reason Why You Should Avoid Transsion Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
I am not badmouthing transsion. They make cheap and affordable phones. They make more sales than other phone brands in Nigeria. They can easily be found and their spare parts are always available. But why do transsion phones always hang? And the camera gets bad after a few months. I have even seen a brand new infinix smart 5 and hot 10i hanging. A samsung, pixel, lg, oppo, xiaomi phone can be using the same RAM with a transsion device, but it won't hang. A pixel or samsung with 12mp will take way better photos than a transsion of 64mp. I am just surprised. And its not a matter of mediatek, because samsung and xiaomi use mediatek too. Do the manufacturers do it on purpose or what?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Jirilistic(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
The ones you saw hanging are probably 1gb or 2gb ram that coupled with the weak processor they use will cause it to hang
If you wanna enjoy transsion phones, only buy the ones of 4gb ram and above with at least Helio g80 processor
Those of 1 or 2gb ram are for light usuage
You can't buy them and start expecting them to perform wonders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jirilistic:
The ones you saw hanging are probably 1gb or 2gb ram that coupled with the weak processor they use will cause it to hang
If you wanna enjoy transsion phones, only buy the ones of 4gb ram and above with at least Helio g80 processor

That hot 10i is g70 with 4gb ram. I wasn't playing PUBG or COD. Just using snapchat on it was a drag. Even so, a samsung, xiaomi, nokia..... of less than 4gb RAM and less than g80 will perform well without stutters.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by MegaPlayBoy: 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
queenemelda:
That hot 10i is g70 with 4gb ram. I wasn't playing PUBG or COD. Just using snapchat on it was a drag. Even so, a samsung, xiaomi, nokia..... of less than 4gb RAM and less than g80 will perform well without stutters.
Buy Xiaomi phones.
Use a redmi note 10 pro or 9 Pro and see how seamless the UI is

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
MegaPlayBoy:

Buy Xiaomi phones.
Use a redmi note 10 pro or 9 Pro and see how seamless the UI is
Is the UI the problem of transsion phones?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Laird(m): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transi ssion phones ( infinix, Tecno and itel) are not among the top ten phone brand rankings in China as at 2020 when I bought.my Oppo phone after research.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by MegaPlayBoy: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
queenemelda:
Is the UI the problem of transsion phones?
Yes
It's grossly unoptimised with strings of broken or bad code
And that one is apart from the fact that transsion uses inferior hardware to make their phones, hence why they degrade in every ramification over time

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
MegaPlayBoy:

Yes
It's grossly unoptimised with strings of broken or bad code
And that one is apart from the fact that transsion uses inferior hardware to make their phones, hence why they degrade in every ramification over time
But why do they make their phones like that? Is it deliberate?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Gkemz: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
No. Only their low end devices mostly running on 1gb, 2gb and 3gb RAM

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by gogeekish(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
The reason is because they understand that most Nigerians are not financially capable.

So they make cheap phones for us and these phones must hang because of low configuration.

Try their expensive device. You will understand that phone is not always about brand. It is about pricing.

Bigger price, better experience.
Lower price, then expect it to hang.

Also, don't think a N50000 phone should be tagged bigger price.

That N50000 is eventually buying a phone of N19000 (Before Buhari tenor).

At least, N90000 should change a mobile experience irrespective of the phone brand.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Kaymicheal852: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
gogeekish:
The reason is because they understand that most Nigerians are not financially capable.

So they make cheap phones for us and these phones must hang because of low configuration.

Try their expensive device. You will understand that phone is not always about brand. It is about pricing.

At least, N90000 should change a mobile experience irrespective of the phone brand.

120k and above ,some android less than that can still frustrate life out of you even the 4g ram ones

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by OluwaJohn77: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Try buy Phantom and Camon series for Tecno, while infinix buy Note and S series.
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Chaos14: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Haha you de compare mediatek and snapdragon. See even if that transisson has up to 16gb ram it will hang due to processor this is the only reason i appreciate apple's A15 bionic

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Auskyd(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chaos14:
Haha you de compare mediatek and snapdragon. See even if that transisson has up to 16gb ram it will hang due to processor this is the only reason i appreciate apple's A15 bionic

Bro, mediatek makes really great chips tho. The dimensity 9000 is a very capable 5G SOC. They also do a lot of midrange chips that are very good for gaming.
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Jazzman01: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
queenemelda:
I am not badmouthing transsion. They make cheap and affordable phones. They make more sales than other phone brands in Nigeria. They can easily be found and their spare parts are always available. But why do transsion phones always hang? And the camera gets bad after a few months. I have even seen a brand new infinix smart 5 and hot 10i hanging. A samsung, pixel, lg, oppo, xiaomi phone can be using the same RAM with a transsion device, but it won't hang. A pixel or samsung with 12mp will take way better photos than a transsion of 64mp. I am just surprised. And its not a matter of mediatek, because samsung and xiaomi use mediatek too. Do the manufacturers do it on purpose or what?

Sharp....i have Xiaomi Redmi 9A and it hangs like mad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by 3Dii: 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chaos14:
bros shebi you know say mediatek dimensity 9000 na the current benchmark of gaming on mobile phones ba?
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
gogeekish:

So why should I spend 50k on a phone knowing it would hang? When I can buy from another brand that performs better at a similiar price.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jazzman01:

Sharp....i have Xiaomi Redmi 9A and it hangs like mad.
Wow! So xiaomi phones hang?
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Autobot05: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2022
queenemelda:

Buy transsion phones at your own risk

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Chaos14: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2022
Auskyd:

Bro, mediatek makes really great chips tho. The dimensity 9000 is a very capable 5G SOC. They also do a lot of midrange chips that are very good for gaming.
3Dii:
bros shebi you know say mediatek dimensity 9000 na the current benchmark of gaming on mobile phones ba?
you guys are right i checked it on nano review it is better than snapdragon in everything but this is the only good chip have seen of mediatek that can compare or even beat snapdragon so yes i can still generalize mediatek

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by phr0nesis(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2022
queenemelda:
Wow! So xiaomi phones hang?
They do but not often. The 9A he is talking about is low end Xiaomi phone; The lowest I know of
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2022
phr0nesis:

They do but not often. The 9A he is talking about is low end Xiaomi phone; The lowest I know of
But isn't that the same thing the we are talking about. Someone said that to enjoy transsion, I must only buy the high end one. If a low end xiaomi hangs, that means to enjoy xiaomi, I must buy a high end one too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by 3Dii: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2022
Chaos14:
you guys are right i checked it on nano review it is better than snapdragon in everything but this is the only good chip have seen of mediatek that can compare or even beat snapdragon so yes i can still generalize mediatek
ok boss. But we hope they continue in this way because, qualcomm's and apple's monopoly of the SoC market is getting boring.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by phr0nesis(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2022
queenemelda:
But isn't that the same thing the we are talking about. Someone said that to enjoy transsion, I must only buy the high end one. If a low end xiaomi hangs, that means to enjoy xiaomi, I must buy a high end one too.
Midrange is okay for Xiaomi

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Osasnidas(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
queenemelda:

Using generic camera sensors: a company not using a generic sensor on their device will surely use it as marketing strategy.
If a SoC is cheap and weak you will only see Octa Core(they will hide it) if the SoC is okay it will be Helio G88.

This companies you mentioned (samsung, apple) have better software support and optimization for their device so less or no lags at all.

And also a company may be guilty of slowing down their device so you can buy another of their device. There is something these guys don't tell us.

If i can own a device like Redmi 10c with all the corners that was cut for such an amount and a company is selling a device in the same price range with a very weak SoC, i go vex na.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by queenemelda: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
Osasnidas:

Using generic camera sensors: a company not using a generic sensor on their device will surely use it as marketing strategy.
If a SoC is cheap and weak you will only see Octa Core(they will hide it) if the SoC is okay it will be Helio G88.

This companies you mentioned (samsung, apple) have better software support and optimization for their device so less or no lags at all.

And also a company may be guilty of slowing down their device so you can buy another of their device. There is something these guys don't tell us.

If i can own a device like Redmi 10c with all the corners that was cut for such an amount and a company is selling a device in the same price range with a very weak SoC, i go vex na.
I am telling you. There is something they are not telling us. And the fact that other devices at same price range perform better is what drives me crazy.
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by Youngpo413: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Then try oppo,though they still use low end mediatek SOC like G35 coupled by expensive price....but their optimization is top notch...i don't know how them do am..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by MrBONE2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
queenemelda:

You're right SiSi
Can you imagine
The hanging ehhhhh so freqgrin

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by KeplersCross: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Jirilistic:

Close to what I had in mind because latest transsion phones aren't giving that issue anymore unless the RAM is heavily occupied and it's not all of them that hangs or gives issues unless produced with a weak processor

1 Like

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by PotterJokes44: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
KeplersCross:

Close to what I had in mind because latest transsion phones aren't giving that issue anymore unless the RAM is heavily occupied and it's not all of them that hangs or gives issues unless produced with a weak processor

Surely you'll get notifications about storage and all being full,best to create space for proper working conditions or introduce an external drive
Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by IzuKiba77: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Infinix huh!!!
Well first of all you're right about the camera depreciating with time but definitely not after a few months unless something happened to the phone and the same thing goes for the hanging,it's a brand new phone doesn't mean the user can't occupied it lots of datas and large files in a week.....most of all these issues with transsion phones always start with one problem or the other and it's mostly from the users because most of them are careless with it and too embarrassed to say what really happened to the phone before it starts giving issues like screen problems, charging issues, hanging,flash light not switching on or off anymore,etc

Why not come clean completely when making a complaint about the phone,tell us everything that happened,if it's by mistake you made it that way it's no problem,we all make mistakes undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Transsion Devices Always Hanging? by KingUka: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
Not all have hanging issues though and on many occasions the issue of lagging is often caused by overloading the phone beyond it's capacity. Not knowing the capacity of your phone will lead to problems and most times you blame it on the producers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Increase The Space In My Phone? / Moola Resolved( Mxit In Naija, Mobile Tech Apps?) / Blackberry Bold 2 Unlock Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.