Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Why Is Abia God's Own State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Abia God's Own State? (8941 Views)

Is Abia State Really Worse Than Ebonyi State Of South-east...argue With Facts / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Remii(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
henry101:

Abia is found in the Bible (KJV, I think) hence God's own state.
http://www.bible-history.com/links.php?cat=43&sub=934&cat_name=Bible+Names+A-G&subcat_name=Abia
But Abia is an acronym of 4 big LGs before Ebonyi was created.
Aba.
Bende
Isuikwuato
Afikpo( But Afikpo has been moved to Ebonyi state.)

So Abia does not have any meaning just like Bayelsa that was formed from names of 3 Local Government areas – Brass, Yenagoa and Sagbama.
Zoning and "equal representation don they worry Nigeria tete.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by freepeople: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Abia - God's forsaken State
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by executinal(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
Man-of-God:

I have wondered why Abia is called God's own State when God's seat is far away from the state. No road network, no devidence of democracy and so on.

What do we do to help the state so that God's hand will return then we will be proud to say ABIA IS GOD'S OWN STATE.

@ Bolded, Invite OYEDEPO, ADEBOYE, T.B JOSHUA, CHRIS OYAKHILOME etc after all night prayer crusade GOD hand will return to Abia people. make a try, trust me it will work cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Rastamann: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
This is a Jah state that have been polluted and corrupted. Jah is not happy and Jah Rastafari is watching and will soon act!
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by henry101(m): 2:23am On Jul 27, 2011
pek:

It was Ogbonna Onu that  first called Abia God's own state and his reason was because the name Abia appeared in the Bible. (cant remember the passage). this is not true. My uncle was the secretary to the committee in the creation of Abia state. ABIA acronmy of  Aba, Bende, Isikwuato and Abiriba. Your argument that it is from the 4 big LG does not hold water because Isiala Ngwa is far bigger than Isikwuato and Bende is very small. The elders chose the four towns i mentioned because they represent the four zones of present day Abia state.

I think you missing the point. Before the creation of Ebonyi state,
Aba represented Ngwa and Ukwa region,
Bende Region also had Arochukwu and Ohafia,
Isuikwuato had Isuochi and some parts of IMO.
Afikpo represented their region. Cant remember the names.
All these places were very large and had representattives.
With state creation, everything changed.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by nasoeb: 3:00am On Jul 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI and Rhino GOD have mercy on you both
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by whobemumu(m): 3:02am On Jul 27, 2011
there is nothing Godly about Abia state , i should know i used to live there
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by onyeokwuak(f): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2011
Abia would ave bn the best if not that it has suffered over 12yrs of visionless ,selfish leadership. But inspite of these problems, the people of Abia are great worshipers of God. The presence of God will not depart from Abia for the fact that the state is named after God.Thank God we ave a hope of seeing a purposeful leadership from now considering the new economic blue print drafted by the ''Abia think tank'' which the governor has promised to strictly follow. Abia has gone thru thorough cleansing by God. Now is the time to watch out for Abia ''God's own state"

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by SSaemoenl(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2011
Never worry, Abia will soon bounce back. Just a matter of time, That NAME will reflects to its true meaning.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abia - God's own toilet
All your posts reflects how stupid and hopeless you are.Can't you post something reasonable,or do u thnk that NL is a forum of fools.
Upon you failed your Waec for 2 consecutive years,u still have the time 2 post useless n senseless article in ths forum.You should be praying so that your Neco will not be as usual.
Try to be wise,old man like u.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by ManofGod3(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2011
@Ferderick thanks for ur comments. NL is not 4 pple who dnt hav brains
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by vsunday: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2011
it was but the devils has taking over the state but God wanted to restructure Abia state through Ochiagha and the battle is still on.

Trust no one but God.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Lawehile(m): 8:24am On May 05, 2012
Thank you all for your responses on why Abia State is called "God's Own State".
You're all correct. I cannot dispute your positions at all.

Good leadership makes things work; when things go wrong by one bad leader; when a good leader takes over - he makes things work better regardless of how bad the former had left the affairs of such a state.

For me, Abia State is gradually reclaiming the lost glory of Abia State.
This is being done through a group called The Abia Awakening (TAA).

This group has focused on analyzing why Abia has lost its glory, the remote-cause and possible solutions to those issues.

The awareness and campaign on how to move forward is being discussed daily on this group.

Do you love Abia or hate Abia? Whatever your answer is; join this group and findout what others have said.

www./theabiaawakening
Thank you all.
The Abia Awakening is a project that is real and possible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Subsidy, Tariff Hike For Power Sector / Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Onanuga, Alake, Keyamo Lead APC Campaign Media Team / Reports Of N2bn For Rechargeable Fans, etc Is Fake,Untrue - Lagos Dep-Gov Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.