Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Former Presidential Aspirant Urges New CJN To Tackle Corruption In Judiciary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Presidential Aspirant Urges New CJN To Tackle Corruption In Judiciary (117 Views)

Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says / More photos of Buhari swearing in New CJN, Muhammed Tanko / Photo Of Buhari Swearing In New CJN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Presidential Aspirant Urges New CJN To Tackle Corruption In Judiciary by polycarp65: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2022
A Former President Aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Sam Ohuabunwa has urged the new Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Olukayode Ariwoola to boldly tackle corruption in the judiciary.

Ohuabunwa who is the Immediate Past Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, gave the urge in a statement he signed and made available to newsmen.

The Convener of the New Nigeria Group urged Ariwoola to painstakingly pursue the task of ridding the judiciary of corruption.

"I strongly recommend that he attends to the lingering issues of judges' welfare.

"He should above all work assiduously to make the judiciary independent.

"This will truly make it the last hope of the common man.

Ohuabunwa in the statement, commended the immediate past CJN, Tanko Muhammed for resigning to attend to his health.

"I commend him for towing the honourable path of resignation and wish him God's healing.

"I also wish him peace in retirement.

Re: Former Presidential Aspirant Urges New CJN To Tackle Corruption In Judiciary by oghalebros(m): 8:11am On Jul 04, 2022
I think he needs to handle speeding up court cases...

(1) (Reply)

Travel And Tourism Jobs In Nigeria To Double Over The Next Decade / I Prefers A Youthful Man Who Has Developmental Ideas As A Running Mate - Obi / Nigeria’s Interior Minister Lampoons Security For Failing To Repel Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.