Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) (1155 Views)

My First Year Wedding Anniversary, To God Bethe Glory / My Wife Impregnated By Her Lover Five Months After Having A Baby – Husband / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Discombulator: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2022
My little brother got his lifetime girlfriend pregnant a couple months ago and abortion is out of the picture due to security reasons,left to my idiot of a brother I'd not support him but the girl in question happens to be a very decent and respectful girl and that baby is my family too so I don't have a choice than to assume at least most of the responsibility, Just got a job for my brother in March and he hasn't even started getting paid yet which means he can't support a family let alone a child, he is just 24 by the way.
So I want to know ball park how much things like hospital bills,baby clothes,toys,baby cribs etc will set me back for. I'm thinking I should set aside like 500,000 for the hospital naming and things we're going to need for the delivery.
And 50,000 monthly for 12months because I'm not going to support them for more than a year, he has a federal job and his salary should have kicked in by then.
Don't get me started on how I spoilt and enabled my brother to be a brat even at his age cos I know, thing is I've always been responsible for him,I practically raised him so he looks at me like am his dad or something and I'll always be there to pick up his slack when he mess up,plus I love that fool more than myself,he is my blood and I'd do anything for him.
Plus he is a good kid and this is the first time he's actually fvcked up

5 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by money121(m): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2022
Na God dey Run Am my brother

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by shawante(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2022
I wish i had a brother like you.. If your kind were up to a million in Nigeria things would not be as bad as they are now.

For the fact that you secured that job for him he would be for ever grateful to you.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by joceey(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2022
Discombulator:
My little brother got his lifetime girlfriend pregnant a couple months ago and abortion is out of the picture due to security reasons,left to my idiot of a brother I'd not support him but the girl in question happens to be a very decent and respectful girl and that baby is my family too so I don't have a choice than to assume at least most of the responsibility, Just got a job for my brother in March and he hasn't even started getting paid yet which means he can't support a family let alone a child, he is just 24 by the way.
So I want to know ball park how much things like hospital bills,baby clothes,toys,baby cribs etc will set me back for. I'm thinking I should set aside like 500,000 for the hospital naming and things we're going to need for the delivery.
And 50,000 monthly for 12months because I'm not going to support them for more than a year, he has a federal job and his salary should have kicked in by then.
Don't get me started on how I spoilt and enabled my brother to be a brat even at his age cos I know, thing is I've always been responsible for him,I practically raised him so he looks at me like am his dad or something and I'll always be there to pick up his slack when he mess up,plus I love that fool more than myself,he is my blood and I'd do anything for him.

You have a good heart my brother GOD bless u ,just ignore his foolishness and focus on the unborn child.That 500k you are setting aside will be ok i think.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by rickpat(m): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2022
that part of you saying you love that fool more than yourself.. got me laughing and emotionally...well,to your question...I can't say the money will be too much or less but one thing I can assure you is that the money would go a long way...and trust me with the kind of love you have for him...you will still give more ....I have a brother like you...he really does love me alot...him and his wife,the wife is more like a sister to me

GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY BRO, for not allowing an abortion since you can support them financially....youngies can be foolish sometimes... good luck to them

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by ireneidiva(f): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2022
Discombulator:
No decent girl sleeps with a man who has not married her. Stop enabling your brother. Allow him to learn and grow. The baby is not yet here. You just got him a job. Let him save and take care of his child. 24 is old enough. If you continue enabling him, he will not learn. Even if you must assist, let him start the process. Pick him up only if you see that he is really trying hard. He should be the one talking of putting money aside not you.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by VeryWickedMan: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2022
Send the money directly to the mother-to-be.
That way, you get future unrestricted access to the kpekus.

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Nemesis0147(m): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2022
ireneidiva:

No decent girl sleeps with a man who has not married her. Stop enabling your brother. Allow him to learn and grow. The baby is not yet here. You just got him a job. Let him save and take care of his child. 24 is old enough. If you continue enabling him, he will not learn. Even if you must assist, let him start the process. Pick him up only if you see that he is really trying hard. He should be the one talking of putting money aside not you.
ontop another person money?
Madam rest!

6 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by NoToPile: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2022
The amount you have stated will be okay to assist your brother.

Congratulations to you guys in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2022
I say unto u. May ur wives be bleeped under ur nose. May their pussies be banged without mercy by ur family members. May u duck their cum while ur penis shrinks in fear
VeryWickedMan:
Send the money directly to the mother-to-be.
That way, you get future unrestricted access to the kpekus.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Discombulator: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2022
shawante:
I wish i had a brother like you.. If your kind were up to a million in Nigeria things would not be as bad as they are now.

For the fact that you secured that job for him he would be for ever grateful to you.
God bless you bro
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by shawante(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Discombulator:
God bless you bro
? Bless you more.. You base in Lagos?
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by godliman: 3:10am On Jul 05, 2022
ireneidiva:

Bros you nailed, it God bless you. How can a decent girl have sex outside marriage, what has this world turned into. That his brother must be allowed to learn fatherhood by bearing responsibilities. Fatherhood is not only through sex but shouldering the consequences that follow

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by socialmediaman: 3:20am On Jul 05, 2022
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by ireneidiva(f): 4:39am On Jul 05, 2022
Nemesis0147:
ontop another person money?
Madam rest!
You can drop your own opinion and go Sir.
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by wumi2017(f): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2022
Discombulator:

Whenever fvcked up hands in d air No hands

Awwwwwww � you are so kind , how I wish I have sibling like you,,,,,May God continue to replenish your pocket beyond your expectations,,God bless you bro
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Justkatty(f): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Sincerely this got me emotional
May God continue to enlarge your coast.
Please if you can, you can actually set her up to avoid too much disturbances in the nearest future.

God bless you.
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by Duchessree(f): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
Awwwn, cry embarassed , it's so nice of you for looking out for your brother.
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by frozen70(f): 9:17am On Jul 08, 2022
Discombulator:

You have tried, whatever amount you have keep it and watch how he will padle the canoe

Once he starts receiving salary let him start buying things and his wife will snap them and show you in whatsap

That alone will put him on a hot seat

While you keep your money and bring it out where he stopped
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by missidy: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
God bless you for helping your brother but have this at the back of your mind that his wife will still say " what did he even do for us" someday. She will still paint paint her husband's family bad to the same child so no go do pass yourself. Do the important ones and leave the rest for him so he can man up. Naming ceremony is not supposed to be on your head.
Re: How Much Does Having A Baby Cost For The First Year (I Need A Ballpark Price) by MrHighSea: 4:42am On Jul 09, 2022
If kid bro give woman belle, na automatic maturity for am

(1) (Reply)

Clean LG 43 Inches 4k Smart Tv For Quick Sale / First Credit Alert In 2024 / My Friend Faces Dilemmas Over A Partner's Child Adoption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.