Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project (4996 Views)

[Project] CGPA Mgt System VB.NET Project: Come In Let's Share Ideas On This / .NET C#/VB.NET Project in the Pipeline for Programmers who may be interested / Help In Deploying My Java .exe File With Jvm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2011
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
@dell net
we extracted it and installed. It loaded and we entered password and username. Error message talking about microsoft jet oledb came up. "admin" for both password and user name. So, i suspected it could be because of the payroll database which it could not find, i then copied the database to the same folder as the release folder but the same error came up.
Thanks for the time You're giving to me
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^^ You are not taking time to UNDERSTAND the problem first. You realize that is why this is taking you so long to figure out? Please go to the link provided, and review how to work with these apps, so you do not need to spend more time on a likely simple issue to resolve.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
@kobojunkie
thanks for the link.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
When the application tells you it cannot find the Database, it is highly likely that your database connection string is pointing to an address that the application is not able to resolve. Copying the Database from place to place and moving files around AFTER deployment, will likely not solve the problem, especially if you have moved the app to a different machine. You run the risk of creating more broken links that way.

Suggestion -- Do a fresh deploy(delete all the old files from the host machine, and start over). Leave the files where they are, and instead look into modifying the connectionstring so it points to the new location on the new machine the app is deployed to. Moving files around will only end up confusing you and probably creating new breaks in your application.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2011
Error Message talking about Microsoft Jet Oledb means nothing. You should give a full error report. You said you copied the database to the release folder? Which release folder? The setup.exe should install the database to the installation folder you specified in the setup dialog. The database is already embedded in the setup file. Support your test with the following screen shots:
1. Error Message Dialog Box after setting up and logging in
2. Installation Folder

Also provide information on your Windows version. I tested the program on Win7 and it worked as expected here is the setup file again ftp://paper:pAssword1**@173.192.111.24/release.zip
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2011
@dell net
Pls sorry for the delay. I use the campus wireless lan to gain access to the internet but its shut down on friday and up again on monday till friday. That's why i haven't downloaded the set up file you provided link to but, i promise to do so and give you feedback with screenshots as you requested. Thanks for your patience, understanding and supports.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2011
The first set up is not like this second one. This second one downloads all the files for the application but I've been unable to download it successfully but i think its network problem. The only time i thought the download was complete, it popped out message that some file needed for the installation was missing. So, i believe its network. I've decided to use one of the best cyber cafe here and hope to give you feed back soon. Thanks for your patience
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 6:55am On Aug 17, 2011
The dependencies are:

Windows Installer 3.1
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008(x86, x64)

You can find these in Visual Studio 2008 installation CD, browse through the CD to locate the items. I am not sure if .Net 3.5 SP1 is included in Visual Studio 2008 CD unless the CD is 2008 SP1 installation CD.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by electropiz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
@dell net
Thank you for the supports you've been giving us. i am vurn's partner in the payroll project. we've downloaded the visual studio 2008 service pack 1 and already installing but it seems to be updating the visual studio in my system. i hope we understood what you asked us to do because we searched for the visual studio 2008 service pack 1 and we got it in microsoft website. pleas if it is not what you meant us to do, please elaborate a bit or do you mean we should buy visual studio service pack 1 installation cd? we're not yet pro with .net development and its what has been requested of us to do our project.

we still encountered error when trying to download the required files for the payroll. those are the screen shots of the error in the set up and the installation of the service pack 1
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by electropiz(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
the screen shots

Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
I never said you should download VS2008 SP1. I mean you should look for these dependencies in the CD:
1. Windows Installer 3.1
2. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
3. Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008(x86, x64)
Your pal stated that there was an error running the setup file from the ftp so if the setup file cannot download the dependencies above automatically due to poor network bandwidth you should manually install them from a VS2008 CD if you have access to one, that was all I meant. After installing these dependencies you can run setup from the ftp site.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by electropiz(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
the first shot is the error while downloading the set up file for the payroll
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
You are getting the error because you dont have the dependencies. Please click on the Details>> and post the error details. You dont need to download Vs2008 SP1 to the test computer.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by electropiz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
this is it

Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
As you can see it is trying to download Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008(x86, x64). You could copy the http link in the error details and paste in a browser to see the exact http error or use download manager to assist and speed up the download if the error is not a censorship error.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
@dell net
thank you so much. it has finally installed in my system and the reports showed successfully but the voucher report and pay summary were modified. Could you make it arranged as before or even well arranged so that it would be easy to understand. You are really a God sent to us. We so much appreciate your kind assistance.
Could you teach us how to do it. We would be grateful to know sir.
In case the original code has been rearranged, i can still send you the original code. Thanks so much that it worked at last.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
If you could assist with a step by step tutorial such as video or ebooks, it would be easier for us.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
@dell net
how're you doing? I hope everything is ok. Have a nice week end.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2011
Here is a video to show you what to do.

1. Add access database to the project
2. add dataset
3. Reference the reports data source to the appropriate table in the dataset.

ftp://paper:pAssword1**@173.192.111.24/test.swf.zip extract and run the html file.

Here is the source code
ftp://paper:pAssword1**@173.192.111.24/Payroll 2.zip
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by nnayere1: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
@dell net

you have been of great help to us. honestly, i don,t know how to thank you. may God shower you with blessings.

i have seen the stuffs you sent to me though, am having problem downloading them due to network problem but i wil tell you as soon as i get them. thanks bro
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by nnayere1: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
May be because of the bad weather, it has benn raining here
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2011
@dell net
after watching the video you sent, i was able to change the data source location and its really working fine after deploying it. You've really helped us. Now, We've discovered after testing it in different computers that it works fine in 32 bit OS both window 7 and XP but it does not install in 64bit windows, pointing to be missing one of the components needed for it to install in the 64bit OS. What could be the solution? I love the video you sent me. I wish i had something like that to learn with. Bye.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2011
What is one of the components needed for it to install in the 64bit OS?

It should give you an error message.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is how it happens, when i click the set up, an agreement form comes up which i click on the "i agree" check box and a new window with progress bar comes up telling you its downloading components required for it to install and after a little loading of the bar, it aborts telling you it can't download the needed component. But in 32 bit, as soon as you click install, it installs and works just like that.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
As i was figuring out, i opened the publish folder and discovered that the windows installer has the last 3 figure written , x86 and i was thinkin may the set up only included installer for 32 bit.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
As i was figuring out, i opened the publish folder and discovered that the windows installer has the last 3 figure written , x86 and i was thinkin may the set up only included installer for 32 bit.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by dellnet: 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
you are not making any sense without the exact error message.
Re: Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project by VURN(m): 12:13am On Aug 28, 2011
@dell net
I discovered that if i deploy it with 64 bit windows, it will work on both 32 and 64 so, i tried it and it worked fine. Thanks so much for your supports. Please sir, could you assist me with video tutorials on C#, I'd be most grateful to you. Thanks bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / Learn Coding For Free, With Microverse, Pay The Tuition When You Start Earning. / I Need Ideas On How To Develop Sms-based Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.