Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? (43068 Views)

What Does This Mean??(see pics) / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by redcliff: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Zchi1052:

This is MDM Lock
If it's giving you concern or some functions are restricted do to MDM Lock
Hit me up let me get rid of it totally and forever

you cant get rid of this.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by tegamarro(m): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Manipulation
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Emola12(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2022
Why u come carry am come nairaland Nah me tell u say make you go buy iPhone Nah by foce to use iPhone Oga u better comot for here before I slap u now phieeeew...
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2022
Seems like you borrowed someones's phone, I mean that phone cant be yours na. cool
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by OkeyOchas(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2022
omoobaja:
Didn't experience such with the few months wey I take use iphone then..
the laptop you posted is it available. If it is, your number
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by doe: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:
What does this mean on an iPhone (real life experiences preferably) and how can it be removed

Thanks.

Managed remotely by an organisation that owns the devices. Is the apple Id yours or someone else? They won't have access to your data but it can be remotely wiped or locked.
Full factory reset works in some cases but usually requires the administrator to u enroll the device
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by KingOfTheDamned: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2022
OK2NVME:
You use your hand by spyware.

iPhone proves that we are truly in the age of "smart phones stupid man" era.

Get rid of that overpriced junk.
fake phone user spotted.

Either this one uses Tecno,Infinix or Itel

Smh

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by wumi2017(f): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2022
Bmaster:
do you have a branch around onitsha or asaba ?

We do delivery all over d world sir..I can waybill it to you
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by OK2NVME: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
fake phone user spotted.

Either this one uses Tecno,Infinix or Itel

Smh

I don't use smart phones

Never saw the need and never ever will.

My Nokia touch serves me very well.

Not on any useless social media apart from Telegram desktop and GAB.

How does it feel to own a device more smarter than you which you are yet to use up to 2% its capacity ?

Linux desktop user by the way and have since erased all traces of windows on all my devices

So save your consumerism bs for other fellow low self esteem plebs.

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by spydera: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2022
Eyanbahose:
them don dey track you from village. That's called VPT. Village People's Tracker grin
You don off me grin
Abeg how dem dey disable VPT
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by tillaman(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2022
Na Onyx Godwin be this na
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2022
doe:

Managed remotely by an organisation that owns the devices. Is the apple Id yours or someone else? They won't have access to your data but it can be remotely wiped or locked.
Full factory reset works in some cases but usually requires the administrator to u enroll the device

It’s just my apple ID in it…
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2022
[quote author=websta post=114438337][/quote]

Everything on the phone is working perfectly
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by hustla(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:
What does this mean on an iPhone (real life experiences preferably) and how can it be removed

Thanks.

It means the device was given to an employee by a company - MDM managed devices over intune, jumpcloud or jamf.

The employer can remotely wipe the device or control the apps and. settings you can install

Nigerians / chinese guys bypass it though and resell in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nicerazor(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2022
This is MDM ( Remote Management Profile) means the phone is the property of the company. They give such phones to their employees for effective communication and work. The company remotely manages activities of such employees on the phone.
There is a probability the staff is no longer working in that company and left with the phone which was later sold and find its way to Naija when he is supposed to submit the phone to the management.
Mdm restrictions can only be bypassed at the moment as there is no permanent removal for it. The Mdm setup in done by IT department of a company in collaboration with apple. The serial number has been linked to the mdm so even if you reset the phone it will get locked again and you can always bypass with 3,000 naira to 5,000 naira depending on the person fixing it for you.

When the mdm profile is bypassed the company cannot see your activities.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nicerazor(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
If he reset it will get locked to mdm but it can be bypassed with 3-5k.
MegaPlayBoy:
If the phone was bought used, it means it was previously used by an employee of a company (the company got it for the employee in question). It was used in the company intranet before being sold off

It's nothing bad and you can use it normally without fear

Don't you dare reset the phone. If you try am, it will ask for the company password. The phone go just useless

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nicerazor(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
It can be bypassed as many time as it gets locked. It’s even cheap to bypass. But the phone seller is supposed to let you know it’s mdm bypassed such phones are usually cheaper like 50k price difference from non mdm bypassed.
Secondt44:
The phone is being supervised and mentained by the company. So the company requested for it's production from Apple on a purpose. Don't reset the phone as the first person said, it will request for the company password. Except if you will order for it's new panel online. Then you take it to an expert to fix it for you.
Then you're using a new phone.

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Eyegroup: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:

Okay thanks. Does the company have access to the phone? Can they see my pictures? Bank apps etc from their end?!
You have blue firm in the piturr and video hahahaahhahaa
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by litaninja(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Definitely was on an MDM solution of some sort.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Wwwq: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by MakyavelitheDon(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
MegaPlayBoy:
If the phone was bought used, it means it was previously used by an employee of a company (the company got it for the employee in question). It was used in the company intranet before being sold off

It's nothing bad and you can use it normally without fear
Don't you dare reset the phone. If you try am, it will ask for the company password. The phone go just useless

The phone has an MDM mobile device management app on it and depending on the specific app they may be able to view data on tbe phone as they consider the phone and data on the phone as company property.
They might also be able to activate remote wiping of the phone . So one day you might wake up and your phone is essentially a brick
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Taiwo20(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Sounds like easybuy on andriod
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 06, 2022
MakyavelitheDon:

The phone has an MDM mobile device management app on it and depending on the specific app they may be able to view data on tbe phone as they consider the phone and data on the phone as company property.
They might also be able to activate remote wiping of the phone . So one day you might wake up and your phone is essentially a brick

There’s no mdm app in the phone or an mdm profile either. Neither does it say which company/person was managing and supervising it…
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Eyanbahose: 6:08am On Jul 08, 2022
spydera:

You don off me grin
Abeg how dem dey disable VPT
hahahahaha. No mind me, I tend to find the fun in somethings sometimes lol.

But seriously, I actually don't know. Try calling your service providers and see what help they can offer or phone repairers. Go computer village sha o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. / I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore / MTN Nigeria Android Smartphone (Mini) S620

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.