Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please (17288 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / All Tracks On P-square's The Invasion Album available here (Best 2011 Album) / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mikuz(m): 12:18am On Aug 03, 2011
Just finished listening to 'omoge mi' and 'get squared' Omg!!was almost pushed to tears! What happened to p-square? Why this mediocrity?
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Abagworo(m): 12:19am On Aug 03, 2011
I tend to have headache each time I try to listen to entire Wiz kid album.The pitch of the auto-tune is too high."Holla at your boy" and "Gidi girl" are the only tracks free from this ear piercing,unpleasant auto-tune.P-Square have reached the stage of saturation and needs general overhauling.This same thing happened to 2face on the 1st "Unstoppable" album but he did not give up and had to enhance it with the international edition.

P-square should go back to the drawing table and re-make this crap they just released."Beautiful Onyinye" is good though.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mikuz(m): 12:24am On Aug 03, 2011
Those who claim this album is ok clearly didn't listen to their first 1st 3 albums and don't want p-square's progress!
It was as if i saw it coming!
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 12:25am On Aug 03, 2011
Omoge mi is class.

they've used up their lyrics bank, they can't help but recycle. they're saturated, guess they need a break of like 4years to think of better/different rhymes.

meanwhile the album dey sell sha.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 12:26am On Aug 03, 2011
when i heard bunie ya, i new sth was very wrong, remix of church song.

i guess its in popular demand, but still dem no try.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by BABE3: 12:28am On Aug 03, 2011
amblors:

I knew it! I knew I've heard that "bunie ya" phrase somewhere! It's a church song. grin
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 12:30am On Aug 03, 2011
lol, "bunie ya" na correct church song na. e don tey.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by empexy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
Bunie ya no be today nah,  grin grin
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2011
Abeg, those of una wey don hear Player, what exactly do they say before player, i'm a moto moto player?
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mbulela: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2011
amblors:

my exact sentiments.i was more worried by the fact that it was even released as a single to create buzz.i began to wonder what was left in the album.

amblors:

Omoge mi is class.

they've used up their lyrics bank, they can't help but recycle. they're saturated, guess they need a break of like 4years to think of better/different rhymes.

meanwhile the album dey sell sha.
assuming there was ever much in that bank.

mikuz:

Those who claim this album is ok clearly didn't listen to their first 1st 3 albums and don't want p-square's progress!
It was as if i saw it coming!

Abagworo:

P-Square have reached the stage of saturation and needs general overhauling.This same thing happened to 2face on the 1st "Unstoppable" album but he did not give up and had to enhance it with the international edition.

P-square should go back to the drawing table and re-make this crap they just released."Beautiful Onyinye" is good though.
you have a point but i don't agree with you.
why should they overhaul?with the kind of crowd that witnessed there concert last weekend and the sales shooting through the skies and endorsements falling all over the place,they have every righto be convinced that the winning formula is well and alive.This is the age of mediocre music,not just in Nigeria and it is not p2's fault.You and i may not want it but we are a minority.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by jiggaz(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
U guyz might be condemning d album buh d guyz dem are smiling to d banks. Their concert last weekend was sold out. ''The Invasion'' album is one of d highest selling album now in Nigeria. The songs are in all d radio stations, your opinion does not matter as someone said before. P-Square will always remain P-Square, dem dey sell market well well. So my guys, stop wasting ur time, if u cant beat them, then join them. P-Square have reached d peak of their career. Datz my ''One Naira'' advice.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by eleshin(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2011
Dia first 3 albums had an insatant impression,ds 1 is jst not it.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2011
@Jiggaz. I dey feel you die my guy, having gone through the album about 3 times now. Oh the tracks are smoking hot. I mean Player, Anything and Jeje can rock a party any day. Asampkokoto, one listen and you'll be singing it all day, Bunie ya enu, forever, brilliant songs!!!!

Then you have the slow jams, Beautiful Onyinye, Me and my brother and She's hot ft Naeto C. Abeg those of una bad belle people, make una go use baf with palm oyel
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by jodeci(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2011
P-square puts a lot of hardwork in their music and i bet it is also eveident in the the INVASION album.

I wonder what people look out for in Music,the Jams are okay and u have to have a heart of stone not to nod when the most the track play.Lifting of words from previous albums is normal among musicians.Even great R-Kelly does lift words off past albums especially when the music is centre on women/girls.

I have played the invasion album repeatedly for the past 2 days and the music is really having a grip on me.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mikuz(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2011
Majority of those who are applauding this huge mediocre work are those who don't even know anything about psquare,calling "bizzybody"(get squared) album which was actually their 2nd album the first one. They don't know it was this same psquare who did jams like : last night,senorita,igbedu,mako fiesta,bad boy,e no good etc in their first "last night" back in 2003,
Yeah i completely agree with you! They should take a long break to get it back again!i remember back then in their first album they had way better lyrics : "tell me why e b say music no dey move,tel me y dem no dey listen to our song,yes! Nd this is what dey do,dey make u feel so sad,dey critisize our song,make it look so bad,now is our turn to get them back, " - E no good
"girl i no need an explanation all am asking is just a question,girl i wnt 2 knw whr were u last night, I need to find my way home" -Last night
download and listen to this track from them back in their first album and you will get it,pay attention to the lyrical content and compare : http://www.sharemobile.ro/file.php?id=376110
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mikuz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
"Now you're begging to take a ride with me,but before you no even wanna send me,and now when me dey make my money you are saying that p-square's your honey"
what do we have today?
Repetitive One line choruses/hooks :
"she's hot,na to carry am go","chop my money","bunie ya enu","You dey make me want to go jogodo, fly away go sokoto"(wetin this on mean?). sometimes i wonder! What's the message these boys try to pass across with their music?
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Dandy1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
Bunnie ya enu is simply the translation of ''lift him up higher'' to whatever language they used.Besides Player en me en ma broda,no deep creative writing in d album.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2011
Abeg can any kind soul send me an un-tagged version of Asampkokoto. Il be very grateful smiley femi83@gmail.com
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^tot u said you had the album?
som1 has it hia:: http://www.4shared.com/audio/a9TyWZPX/P_square_-_Asamkpokoto.html
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
I do but the version of Asampkoto i have it tagged all over with naijauara.com, naijauara.com
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by LoveKing(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2011
nigerian music is in for doom.psquare sucks.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2011
@loveking. Go riot for England abeg. No time for bad belle people here
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by LoveKing(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
@femex

you are the kind of people i talk about, you dont know good music, if you do you'll know psquare sucks, no new thing to expect from them, mediocrity.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2011
i like it especially the song with tiwa savage and mayd and also the song forever
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
@loveKing

I apologise, i guess its different strokes for different folks. In my opinion, these guys have very good beats, which make great party jams eg. Jeje ft Waje or Player, and if they can bring a party down it is good music.

They've got a nice reggae tune me an my brother, they really get in to it there, then the beautiful, beautiful onyinye, what a lovely slow jam.

Im bumping their cd in my car and im loving it. Peace out
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 1:25am On Aug 11, 2011
Femex, since you like PSquare this much.
If you haven't listened to "Dialect" by all means spare sometime for him
his singles so far have been fire.
he does sound a whole lot like psquare, so much you'll think it was them if you weren't told.
if its exciting enuf for you, i got 3 more of his songs, hit me.

Dialect - Ticket them
http://www.4shared.com/audio/tLulyey7/Dialect_-_Ticket_Them.html
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks @amblors, they really sound like Psquare, infact this song is on Naijapals as a psquare song. Not bad, I'd like to hear the other tracks. Thanks.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by amblors(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2011
^^^Its just one guy not a group, and he's pretty good.
I particularly like Oshe & Janglover, released earlier this year.
Omalicha is a slower one, but vry good.

Dialect - Janglover ---  http://www.4shared.com/audio/juh-C--C/Dialect_-_Janglover.html 

Dialect --- Omalicha -----  http://www.4shared.com/audio/PD3igD3g/Dialect_-_Omalicha.html

Dialect - Oshe ---    http://www.4shared.com/audio/qjsnjXci/Dialect_-_Oshe.html

Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by Femex(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks bros, I just listened to Oshe, sounds like a J.Martins produced track and he sounded alot like bracket, lol. I guess he sounds like a fusion of bracket and Psquare.
Im loving this guy, Thanks again.
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by bdavid(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
Y'all can check out detailed album review here!

http://www.mixrhythm.com/music-review/p-square/

Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by mikuz(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2011
First time i heard janglover i got so elated, i was so impressed that p-square were back this time to make up for the flop of danger album, i always got to my feet to dance to the melodious tune each time i heard it on radio! It thought it was do me part 2 'cause it had almost a similar concept and melody!! Only for me to realise later that they weren't the owners of the jam!! DAMN!! Everyday i keep asking myself : what happened to p-square?
Re: P-square Invasion Album Reviews Please by eleshin(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
nothing! dia delivery is gud bt lyrics is jst too porous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid's Essence Now No. 11 On The Billboard Hot 100 Chart / Some Day - Angela Okorie Featuring Joe EL Amadi / Did Jay-z Mean To Offend Christians On 'Empire State Of Mind'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.