Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha (13549 Views)

Poll: Do You Support The Retaliatory Killing Of Innocent Muslims in Onitsha?

Yes: 39% (31 votes)
No: 60% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Stabs Friend Over 200 Naira Burial Levy In Onitsha...(graphic Pictures) / Angry Mob Lynch And Set Ablaze Two Robbers In Onitsha (graphic Pics) / (VIDEO) Indonesian Muslims Killing Muslims That Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by raldsfield(m): 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2006
Imagine a Bus full of dead innocent Ibo brothers brought home for people to come and search for there loved ones.

Men it is a normal reaction. My onitsha brothers did what they had to do. Payback in a similar coin.

At least soon some trucks will be driving up north with some dead bodies, so they see how it feels. smiley
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2006
Every murderer has a reason for his actions. That doesn't make it right. It's wrong. The fact that some "Christians" are supporting this barbaric act of killing innocent people shows that our "Christianity" is equal to hypocrisy. Christ said "turn the other cheek" but "Christians" are killing peace-loving muslims who live among them.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by raldsfield(m): 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2006
The old testament is still part of the bible. The Israelite's had to kill the Egyptians to gain their freedom.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2006
Ok, I can see where you are missing it.  Let me explain something about death penalty:
- The death penalty is not given to innocent people of the same tribe as a murderer.
- The death penalty is not given to the brothers, sisters, mother or father of a murderer.
- The death penalty is not given to the children or friends of a murderer.

That was just an analogy to buttress my point that two wrongs makes right sometimes.
I'm not using it as an argument for the uprising in Onitsha.

As long as someone argues that two wrongs don't make a right, then nobody should have the power to impose the death penalty, because it won't bring back the victims.  Right?  But I say no, two wrongs makes a right, because it acts as a warning to would-be hooligans in the north against future attacks on innocent minorities.

If two wrongs don't make a right, then America should never have killed innocent people in Afghanistan in pursuit of peace while fighting the Alqueda and Taliban.  Right?

Wrong!  

If the Igbos went to Maiduguri to investigate the murder of their brothers, and they got evidence that so and so is the culprit, and they killed those people, then that will be taking laws into their own hands.  It would be wrong, and they would still be liable of prosecution as murderers, but we will still be able to understand a little bit.

I understand your view.  But it only applies in an ideal world.  Unfortunately, Nigeria is far from ideal.
How can Igbos travel to Maiduguri to investigate murders committed by muslims?  The people who would help unveil the truth are also loyal muslims.  So that idea is not feasible.

But the act of killing innocent Hausas who love Igbos so much that they have decided to live in Onitsha is an act of barbaric first degree murder.  The perpetrators should be arrested and punished with maximum penalty, and those that are urging them all should also be sternly cautioned (it is wrong to encourage someone to commit a crime).

I keep hearing this:
The perpetrators should be arrested and punished with maximum penalty
from you.  But the fact is, nobody is doing the arresting.

I'm all for due process, if it's being done.  But it's not.

As it turns out, even when people do get arrested, they're released soon after unscathed.  Who is fooling who?

In an advanced nation like America or the UK, all uprising would be carefully investigated, and the perpetrators brought to justice.  But not in Nigeria.  Therefore, the people need to defend themselves by any means necessary.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by IAH(f): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2006
Seun:

Every murderer has a reason for his actions. That doesn't make it right. It's wrong. The fact that some "Christians" are supporting this barbaric act of killing innocent people shows that our "Christianity" is equal to hypocrisy. Christ said "turn the other cheek" but "Christians" are killing peace-loving muslims who live among them.

Turn the other cheek indeed. So the Igbos in Onitsha should turn their necks up for throat cutting as well, huh? How does that sound to you? Arrgh!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by TESS75(f): 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2006
I belive that the muslim riots are organized and not just fanatics at work. This is because the reaction is the same everywhere in the world, they are reacting the same way and at diffrent periods to keep the violence, "sorry" story alive that spells organization to me . afterall this is not the first religon to be attacked. Is it just now that the cartoon is reaching nigeria or is someone giving them their on explanation of the cartoon  which the probaly haven't seen, to incite rage. that spells organization to me. Nigeria has the highest death toll of the violence related to the cartoon. That said, i am sad and extremly proud of the christians and i support the retaliation. Its about time that some one tells the " fanatics" that u get what u give and that violence begets violence, and we are not going to stand by and allow them do what the want in the name of religon, we serve God also, maybe now they will now what it feels like to loses a family members.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by luridguy(m): 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2006
i see your point seun but let me be honest here ,i will be a liar if i say i dont think does musilims deserve it maybe they are inoccent ,but for once am in support of jungle justice because in a place like nigeria where normal justice is no where to be found what can one do  
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2006
This is not jungle justice. This is jungle injustice. Jungle justice is when you execute a bad person without trial. Jungle injustice is when you execute a completely innocent person for a completely stupid reason.

What can you do? The Maiduguri police has already arrested many many people. We can mount pressure on the police to bring speedy justice the murderers of our Igbo brethren in the north. You put pressure on them. Look at the case of the traders in Abuja who were murdered by policemen. Did they not get justice when members of the public mounted pressure on the government to do something about it? Let us learn to think with our brains and not with our cutlasses. Gah!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by TESS75(f): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2006
When they decided to cut off their hands and legs in the name of their law no one stopped them, afterall it was their people's hands and legs. but now that they have decied to cut off other people's hands and legs they must be stopped by any means necessary.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by rikkyjen(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2006
Seun, the Apo six case is a once in a lifetime and one in a million case in Nigeria,there are enough Apo six cases and police brutality everyday on the streets of lagos,what is the govt doing. and am sure Apo six got justice because the stuff Happened in Abuja right under Obasanjo and I.G's nose.Look, our country is a place where anything can happen,a country where a tout controls government etc.How do you think you can get Justice ??.Fine,maiduguri police arrested!!!!you are talking as if those guys arrested wont have been released right now!!!Look Nigeria is a lawless fiefdom where the rule of law is interpreted as jacksh!t.On a candid note,the onitsha boys couldnt have got justice from the state,so they acted spontaenously,thats the best they can get as far as am concerned.I hope this will teach those disgruntled northern elements a lesson not to toy with people's soul under the guise and auspices of religion but come to think of it ooooo Innocent people lost their lives cry cry what can i say? . The innocent will always suffer for the guilty!!! Pray its not you!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 12:14am On Feb 24, 2006
All those problems have not been solved by violence in other countries. Why do you think Nigeria will be different? You just have to persevere by doing the right thing or else you end up being more evil than what you are trying to stamp out. Violence only breeds more violence as each retaliation leads to more retaliation.

The people that are causing this trouble are very few and they are jobless criminals claiming religion. Let's not become like them. If we focus our efforts who says the Apo miracle can't be repeated?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Idekeson(m): 2:48am On Feb 24, 2006
Never been more proud to be a Biafran. Eyes for an eye!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 3:02am On Feb 24, 2006
The people that are causing this trouble are very few and they are jobless criminals claiming religion.  Let's not become like them.  If we focus our efforts who says the Apo miracle can't be repeated?

Just like the same jobless criminals who brought down the twin towers on 911?

No, they're not jobless criminals.  They're muslim fundamentalists who would go to any length to kill non-muslims. 

There was an official government action taken to burn Denmark's flag.   This was a Kano Legislators' Actions: A State Sponsored act of Violence

For an arm of the government to take part in burning the flag of another nation, over cartoons it had already apologised for, shows how incorrigible these people are.  It also proves that it's not just some jobless riff-raffs carrying out random murders in the north.

Act now, or be forever doomed as they kill again and again, until you do come to your senses and start fighting back.  Sooner or later, someone you love would be tragically cut down.

All those problems have not been solved by violence in other countries.

Hitler was stopped by violence.  His reign of terror stopped.

Saddam Hussein no longer has power to kill thousands of his own people, after he was violently removed from power.

A measure of force is needed to make a bully stop and listen.

The killings in Onitsha are justified.  More killings would occur until the purveyors of murder in the north get the message that it is wrong to attack innocent christians.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Bill: 3:16am On Feb 24, 2006
Hello,

I am an American college student. I just read about the retaliatory violence taking place in your country under the guise of disputes over cartoons of Mohammad. I've seen some posts on this board supporting this tit-for-tat violence and I am appalled and disgusted.

Why can't people realize that we're human beings first and Muslims, Christians, or anything else second?! What does this senseless violence bring you? Satisfaction? Revenge? Remember what Ghandi said: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Do not allow yourselves to be manipulated by those who use these cartoon disputes to carry out their own violent and destructive ends. Anyone who would murder and innocent person is neither a good Christian nor a good Muslim.

I am praying for peace in your country.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hotstepper(f): 3:28am On Feb 24, 2006
am just tired of all diz religious wars seriously, is it a christian person or an igbo person dat drew da cartoon? am just curious, 100 people has been killed at onitsha and about 7 at Nnewi including one man dat was killed and burnt at St. Mary's Anglican church, Akaboezem Uruagu Nnewi which happened 2 be my Town(Nnewi), not only is it my town but da part of Nnewi am 4rom (URUAGU) and lastly, my own village(AKABOEZEM), not only dat it has spread 2 Awka and Nnobi, we need God's help in diz own, every1 pray 4 our nation
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by princeonx: 3:46am On Feb 24, 2006
The most annoying part is these fools believe they have a reward in heaven including 14 virgins so they claim if they die for a religious reason! so how will you stop or tolerate someone with that kind of believe? and folks please! and please!! its about time we stop fooling ourselves with the quote "two wrongs can't make a right" cux no amount of wrong is right even ONE.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by comechop(m): 4:06am On Feb 24, 2006
Seun, why are you soo anti-christians? I mean i've been following ur posts for a long time now, and it seems like you like to challenge every thing that has to do with Christians. Seriously, just becos the Bible says turn the other cheek, doesnt mean you shld stand there and let some person kill you for no just cause. USE YOUR BRAINS!! Let us go to the drawing board, and determine the ROOT of the problem, before making conclusions and judgements. How does anything that happened in DENMARK over some frigging picture affect us in NIgeria? Why is it that the muslims in general (for the most part) are ALWAYS looking for occasion to kill and slaughter christians everywhere? That, my friend is the question that we shld be looking at. And a question for our dear MD, if u were in the north, and some moslem tries to attack you, athink you go stand there dey watch am rite?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by demmy(m): 4:09am On Feb 24, 2006
To be clear Iam not in surport of this retaliatory action but we have to admit those northern fanatics went too far this time around even if incited and put up to it by others. How easily they rose up and murdered innocent people for crime of others! And with our incompetent government to boot it is all expected. The whole crisis could have been avoided if we were not saddled with the likes of Obasanjo as leaders. Thats our lot. Predatory and parasitic leaders putting our lives in danger at every corner.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by princeonx: 4:32am On Feb 24, 2006
Bill: Thanks for your prayers! and just to clear things a little bit for you, that is Nigeria for you! country where people hate and marginalized others because of their tribe, religion, or success. As for the posts you see here, some of them are speaking from experience! some are saying exactly how they feel, some had lost families or friends from the so called religious riot. You said we should first realize we're human before religion, to be honest with you some of our Northern/Muslim brothers don't think or see it that way. I lived in the North for almost 12 years, have a lot of Muslim friends and even attend prayers and Islamic classes with them just to really know the diff. between the two religion. Most Northern Muslims do things completely different from what their holy book teaches! they base their actions sometimes on personal believe. Personally, and I don't think any Christian will pick up a gun, knife, or any weapon to attack any Muslim if a cartoon is made of Jesus with a bomb! who cares? but the Nigerian Northerners/Muslims (mostly Hausa Muslim) will kill another human being for that! Cartoon for God's sake!, all the way in Europe! and the funny thing is most of these fools don't even have TV or Radio! they do it because one of them told another and another tell the other! then they pick up their weapons and head to the churches, business premises to find and kill poor innocent Christians (mostly Igbos) that knows nothing about Muhammad not to talk of cartoon! After all that, they still tell us to believe in the green, white, and green bullshit!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by ZuluNation(m): 4:57am On Feb 24, 2006
Biafra is back my people. Onitsha boys in action again.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 5:35am On Feb 24, 2006
The old testament is still part of the bible.  The Israelite's had to kill the Egyptians to gain their freedom.

And that's your justification for violence?
you would get a gun and blow a guy's head because he's supposedly detering your freedom?

geez. people will always ignore some parts of the bible for the parts they're comfortable with. Humans

"THOU SHALL NOT KILL" IS "THOU SHALL NOT KILL"
that  your "israelites killed too" statement is just a stupid lame excuse. You refused to mentioned that Isreaelites were big time sinners. and that killing egyptains WAS BEFORE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE WRITTEN.

not all muslims are violent first off all. That's just a lame generalization some people use just to set other vulnerable people off as scapegoats for their downfalls and misfortunes.  IT HAPPENED TO THE JEWS TOO.

More killings would occur until the purveyors of murder in the north get the message that it is wrong to attack innocent christians.

oh really? go ahead then and kill till your hands get sore.
the "dumb" northerners don't have enough dead people, when they do, they'll get the message right?

have you considered the fact that there are maybe more than twice as much northerners as southeasterns

to tell you the truth, it's when you guys get the message that you've had enough dead people, then you'll stop with the violence and seek alternative methods to your problems.

i don't support violence from either side. It's not going to solve the problem.
for those who think it's going to solve it, look back all these years and tell me if it's been getting better or GETTING WORSE.

compromise is option for a solution. IMO.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 5:47am On Feb 24, 2006
I am an American college student. I just read about the retaliatory violence taking place in your country under the guise of disputes over cartoons of Mohammad. I've seen some posts on this board supporting this tit-for-tat violence and I am appalled and disgusted.

Do you support Bush's tit-for-tat in Iraq?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 5:52am On Feb 24, 2006
compromise is option for a solution. IMO.

Unless you've been living under a rock, or you're utterly blockheaded, you'll know that over and over again christians in the north have taken a beaten at every turn, without retaliation. They've been pushed to the wall this time.

Compromise?

What does compromise mean to a muslim?
How in the world do you compromise with a bully who is out for your blood?
How do you compromise with a religious zealot who believes he'd be rewarded for killing you?

Wake up and smell the coffee. Your post makes absolutely no sense.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Sunnero(m): 5:53am On Feb 24, 2006
I agree with you IMO that the solution is not violence but compromise. However, who gave you the statistic that there may be twice as many 'Northerners' as 'Southerners'? Please do not fall into the ignorant trap of believing that population depends on geographical size! Example: Canada is bigger than the United States BUT the population of the state of California alone is higher than that of Canada.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 6:01am On Feb 24, 2006
@ Sunnero, i said "maybe" because i wasn't sure. But thanks for the correction.

@Oasis, can you tell me how violence has or have been solving this problem?
don't say compromise isn't going to work if it hasn't been tried!

do you actually know the probable implications of this? You would have no right to say moslems are the violent ones anymore.
now we can agree that muslems as well as christians are violent.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2006
Oasis, can you tell me how violence has or have been solving this problem?

Yes, I can.

The death toll has been controlled in the north.  Once the message got to the Hausas that the lives of their relatives in the south is in danger, they quickly seized the riots.

Even more than that, this reaction is psychological.  Before the lunatics decide to start another riot in future, they'd think twice.  That is the point of this whole riot in the south.

don't say compromise isn't going to work if it hasn't been tried!

It has been tried, over and over again.  Christian leaders have always come out to appeal to the muslims each time a riot occurs.  Nothing ever gets done about it.

Besides, aren't radical muslims just as brutal in Nigeria as they are anywhere else?  Show me one place where compromise has ever worked with radical muslims?

Quit the lying and deceit please.  Christians have had enough.  More killings will send a message that wanton hooliganism cannot be tolerated, even if the government pretends christians don't exist.

do you actually know the probable implications of this? You would have no right to say moslems are the violent ones anymore.
now we can agree that muslems as well as christians are violent.

Bull! We all know who started it. Are you trying to change history?

I guarantee you that christians will never start a riot like this without being provoked.

Once the stupid riots in the north seize, we'd have peace at last. Until then, an eye for an eye.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 6:13am On Feb 24, 2006
Bill:

Hello,

I am an American college student. I just read about the[b] retaliatory violence taking place in your country under the guise of disputes over cartoons of Mohammad.[/b] I've seen some posts on this board supporting this tit-for-tat violence and I am appalled and disgusted.

Why can't people realize that we're human beings first and Muslims, Christians, or anything else second?! What does this senseless violence bring you? Satisfaction? Revenge? Remember what Ghandi said: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Do not allow yourselves to be manipulated by those who use these cartoon disputes to carry out their own violent and destructive ends. Anyone who would murder and innocent person is neither a good Christian nor a good Muslim.
I am praying for peace in your country.

i agree w/ this post 100%
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 6:25am On Feb 24, 2006
oasis:

Yes, I can.

The death toll has been controlled in the north.  Once the message got to the Hausas that the lives of their relatives in the south is in danger, they quickly seized the riots.

Even more than that, this reaction is psychological.  Before the lunatics decide to start another riot in future, they'd think twice.  That is the point of this whole riot in the south.

you make me laugh.

this is not the first time there have been riots or christians killing muslims. stuff like this actually invoke more killings instead of reducing it!

"they quickly seized the riots" you say? you mean the igbo killings caused them to stop the riots? you make me laugh
do you know what the real psychological reaction is?
the killings only give them more weapon to react again and i wouldn't be surprised if this goes on until a non violent solution is applied.

It has been tried, over and over again.  Christian leaders have always come out to appeal to the muslims each time a riot occurs.  Nothing ever gets done about it.

Besides, aren't radical muslims just as brutal in Nigeria as they are anywhere else?  Show me one place where compromise has ever worked with radical muslims?

Quit the lying and deceit please.  Christians have had enough.  More killings will send a message that wanton hooliganism cannot be tolerated, even if the government pretends christians don't exist.

now we need to set straight what a compromise really is.
a compromise isn't some christian guy going on Tv and begging moslems to stop only when riots occur.

muslim leaders and christian leaders have to sit down together and work things out.
first, each side have to tell the other side what exactly they want. then they'll make arrangements for what they can give each other and it has to be a fair compromise too.

and you just made my point exactly. we should be able to distinguish radical moslems from moderate/mild ones. don't go attacking innocent moslems. it makes matter worse.
i don't support moslems attacking innocent christians either.
what i see is lack of understanding and trust between both groups.
Nigeria is generally an intolerant country.

if you support more killings and call yourself christian, it's called hypocrisy/ being a bad christian. 
same goes with moslems too.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2006
oasis:

Once the stupid riots in the north seize, we'd have peace at last. Until then, an eye for an eye.

i had to laugh while reading this sentence. it's not funny but holds tons of irony!

once riots in the north cease, there'll be peace? says who? undecided there are more things to peace than riots!! go figure

until then, an eye for an eye? makes me wonder if this is really a religious conflict and not a merely a biafra/tribal conflict. when did "an eye for an eye" become a christian cause? undecided If you practice and preach that then i guess it's time for you to go hire someone to revise the Bible or make amendments to it because it no longer suits you.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by ZuluNation(m): 6:45am On Feb 24, 2006
@ oasis.

Please don't argue with WesleyanA, we already know how she feels about the Igbos, I'm so surprised she's just showing up now. where have you been little miss THING we missed you.

I told you Biafra would rise again. If I had my way, you'll be first on my list. Just kidding  grin grin don't tell your brother SEUN to ban me ooooo
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 6:52am On Feb 24, 2006
Please don't argue with WesleyanA, we already know how she feels about the Igbos, I'm so surprised she's just showing up now. where have you been little miss THING we missed you.

Actually, WesleyanA just met his match.

In Archbishop Akinola's statement, issued on 21st February, he also said, "It is very clear now that the sacrifices of the Christians in this country for peaceful co-existence with people of other faiths has been sadly misunderstood to be weakness. We have for a long time now watched helplessly the killing, maiming and destruction of Christians and their property by Muslim fanatics and fundamentalists at the slightest or no provocation at all, That an incident in far away Denmark which does not claim to be representing Christianity could elicit such an unfortunate reaction here in Nigeria, leading to the destruction of Christian Churches, is not only embarrassing but also disturbing and unfortunate."

Read the full article: http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3659
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 6:54am On Feb 24, 2006
oooooo i'm scared. embarassed

i don't know why you think i hate igbo's.
the only people i can't stand are violent people and those trying to divide Nigeria!!

why can't people just love their neighbor as themselves muslims/christians?

i sort of figured out long ago that this muslim/christian thing is a disguise for northerners vs igbo.
using religion as a disguise is what i don't understand.

i have relatives in the north/south and i wouldn't want any harm befalling them. so all these violence is killing me.

and yeah. i was off for a while because i had to do some stuff and  had to prepare for SATs. i'm still in the process  lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Official Remanded In Prison Custody For N9.2 Million Fraud (photos) / Gunmen Abduct Eight People In Ekiti, Demand ₦50 Million Ransom / Court Convicts 11 Internet Fraudsters In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.