Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha (13550 Views)

Poll: Do You Support The Retaliatory Killing Of Innocent Muslims in Onitsha?

Yes: 39% (31 votes)
No: 60% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Stabs Friend Over 200 Naira Burial Levy In Onitsha...(graphic Pictures) / Angry Mob Lynch And Set Ablaze Two Robbers In Onitsha (graphic Pics) / (VIDEO) Indonesian Muslims Killing Muslims That Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 6:57am On Feb 24, 2006
@WesleyanA

i had to laugh while reading this sentence,
you make me laugh,
you make me laugh do you know what ,

You seem to be laughing a lot at this serious matter.  

Try not to laugh so much, so we can have a civil discourse.  Make your posts more credible by providing links to references.  That elevates your credibility.

And, no more moronic laughter, ok?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by WesleyanA(f): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2006
oasis:

@WesleyanA

You seem to be laughing a lot at this serious matter. 

Try not to laugh so much, so we can have a civil discourse.  Make your posts more credible by providing links to references.  That elevates your credibility.

And, no more moronic laughter, ok?

Yes ma'am  cheesy

but then, "her" would be more appropriate (i know my username sounds like a guy's name but still, . refering to your former post )

and i still don't see any trace of compromise in that  bishop statement. it's just "we didn't fight back" assertions.

Christians need to fight back too but not "violently". if not there wouln't be statements in the bible where God says "the lord will fight for me and I shall hold my peace".
Christians preach Jesus who was punished with all the kinds of torture there are in this world did he do anything violent? no!
he said "love your enemies" and denounced the infamous "an eye for an eye."
a way Jesus fought was through his works. he laid good example for christianity as a nonviolent peace loving anti-war man.
despite all the things he faced. he was alone too!

also, you can't blame it all on religion there are other causes for these riots (tribalism is a huge part that needs to be settled too).

I'll provide links of references if and when you need me to proove a point to you that's not a personal opinion or a general commonplace statement.
or do you need me to provide a link to you where the bible says "don't practice an eye for an eye"?
it's somewhere in the new testament.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by demmy(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2006
Anybody who thinks that this is a religious or tribal issue is decieved. this is politics by other means. no amount of sitting together by religious leaders will solve this. Religious leaders has sat together before and nothing came of it. Only a positive, clear and assertive government intervention can curb it. As Seun has said arrest ALL the perpetrators wherever they come from and prosecute them. simple. If the federal government is unserious about the secular character of Nigeria its folly to expect religious synchophants to not play politics with it.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hero(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2006
demmy:

Anybody who thinks that this is a religious or tribal issue is decieved. this is politics by other means. no amount of sitting together by religious leaders will solve this. Religious leaders has sat together before and nothing came of it. Only a positive, clear and assertive government intervention can curb it. As Seun has said arrest ALL the perpetrators wherever they come from and prosecute them. simple. If the federal government is unserious about the secular character of Nigeria its folly to expect religious synchophants to not play politics with it.

KABAMB!! wink
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2006
he said "love your enemies" and denounced the infamous "an eye for an eye."

Even God himself wouldn't let sinners get away with murder, let alone humans.

I believe in peace. I believe in loving thy neighbor. But only if my life and the life of my loved ones aren't threatened. That is where I draw the line.

Christians need to fight back too but not "violently".

Good.  Now you're talking.

Go ahead and tell us how christians are supposed to fight with an enemy that hates your guts and wants to kill you.

1. We've already established that roundtable discussions won't work.  So don't go there.

2. We've already established that arresting people is a futile exercise, since arrests are nothing but showboating.  They'd be released soon after without any kind of punishment.  So don't go there.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hndholder(m): 10:21am On Feb 24, 2006
shocked To hell with religion
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hndholder(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2006
The fake truth is now leading to blood . Blood in christianity Blood in islam. More blood washing sins, Ah!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by abaguy(m): 10:29am On Feb 24, 2006
Seun,

I know that you are the administrator, but man, you must be very foolish in your assertions about looking for the culprits.  When do they ever find the culprits of killers of christians in the norht?  How often has it happened in the past?  Too countless to enumerate, I can tell you.  I was saddened in the early days of the '80s when the Maitasine riots took place.  Would you kindly tell me how many christians were killed in the riots?  I know that you A. either do not know, B.  Do not care to know  C.  Never followed up since then D. Was way too young to know or lastly E. Too forgiving to worry about the past being the past.  

NO single person was brought to justice, Naija religious disturbance by moslems style.  Also, since then, spectacular riots by northern moslems has led to billions of naira of property owned by easterners had been destroyed, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Sokoto and a whole array of cities in the northern establishment have experience senseless killings of easterners, all under one excuse or the other.  

If you do not know what you are talking about, please be kind enough to admit that you are a serious NEOPHYTE here and step out of the discussion and be a respectful moderator, not a contributor.  The only way the sectarian killings had been stemmed was when the easterners took up arms themselves.  Do you think that we enjoyed not seeing our suya man, or the guards that all ran away when they were under threat of reprisal killings at Aba?  We do not.  For your info, my parents are northerners.  At least they were born and bred there.  Their only sin is that they were never accepted by their community even though they speak fluent Hausa and know all the traditions that they grew to respect.  After losing several relatives and family friend during the pogrom in the north before the civil war, and the various unexcusable killing of easterners in the years since the civil war ended, do you understand why easterners believe that the reprisal killings is the only way to fight back?  Why do you propose to investigate the killings at Maiduguri?  

Do you support a Priest being killed in his own church?  Please stop the nonsense of talking about going back to investigate after all the easterners had been killed.

1 Like

Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hndholder(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2006
Seun I pity you, you may face more bullets but becareful.

I left fine job, fine everything to start a new life in the south. It is not easy if you can not stay and enjoy some part of your country.

I have spent phoning friends in the north to check if they are still alive.

How about the NYSC traped in this useless thing.
Nothing in religion God hates it.
This is for the wise
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Hndholder(m): 11:22am On Feb 24, 2006
It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Sesan2: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2006
It was not only Igbos that were killed in the religious disturbances in the north. Christians from all parts of the country, including northern christians, have been killed.

Although I can understand the feelings of anger being expressed, tit for tat killing can only lead to mass massacre; from which no one will benefit.

The only lasting and sensible solution is for the government and the police/security services to be more pro-active in identifying potential perpetrators, educate the public constantly - especially those communities prone to committing these senseless crimes (I cannot believe the security services did not anticipate that something like those killings in the north could happen in the face of the so-called 'Muhammad cartoons'), ensure general education for all kids (it is mainly illiterate, out of school, people who commit these crimes), use the Intelligence Services to infilterate these murderous cells and nip their actions in the bud, and ensure swift justice when these killing acts are committed.

It should be the duty of government to ensure security and justice. The public should never have to take laws into their own hands.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Greatpeter(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2006
It's good for the Muslims so they can stop their animalistic behaviour.
It's barbaric, criminal and stupid for Nigerian Muslims to start killing Christians because of a cartoon that was published in Denmark which we Nigerian Christians know nothing about.

It tells you the kind of god they worship.
I think their god drinks human and ram blood.
this is an eye opener.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Greatpeter(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2006
the Christians killed by the Moslems were innocent too!
Tit for tat!
Shikenah!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by pssword: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2006
Nigeria and indeed Nigerians will survive this very very unfortunate episode. May God look after the departed souls, comfort the bereaved families and provide again the lost in abundance. God go bless ma people well well.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Tetris(f): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2006
do i approve of killing of muslims and/or northerners in the south? no.
it is unjustifiable. it feels good, some sort of revenge 'n'all but it is wrong.

but do christians and/or southerners have i a right to life? mos' def' yeah.
self-presevation is built into the fabric of humanity. this is a kill or be killed real-time event. of course, in the event a christian feels his death is worth the extension of life for a muslim in the hopes of salvation for him, bismillah.

seun believes in the notion that all the "killers/murders" on either side of the niger should be brought to book. all good.
question: for those who have read Grisham's A Time To Kill, should the retaliatory parties be found innocent or guilty?

look at the facts of the case:
1. we're all nigerian, yet by a clause in one holybook the only assurance of paradise is death to the infidel, it is faith-based. and all faiths should be respected n'est pas?
2. the injured parties, totally unconnected with the cause of provocation are having their rights trampled upon and would be forced into a slavery of sorts, their family and relations and loved ones are being harmed.
3. the government is in a power struggle and self-appeasement binge. we have no idea at this point who will win but note that "law derives from power" - take this into consideration as you pick the final jury.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by kene(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2006
why should somebody who is in nigeria be angry up to the point of demonstrating about something that was done ina faraway country of Denmark? before attacking the christians did the FANATICAL muslims check if the person that designed the cartoon is a christian? i think it is time to pay them back in their own coin. NONSENSE
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2006
The muslims in Onitsha did not kill any Igbos or Christians, so the actions in Onitsha constitute gross injustice. When you kill an innocent man or woman or child for one stupid reason or the other, that is grossly unjust.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2006
The muslims in Onitsha did not kill any Igbos or Christians, so the actions in Onitsha constitute gross injustice. When you kill an innocent man or woman or child for one stupid reason or the other, that is grossly unjust.

This kind of thinking shows very shallow mental capacity.

The muslims in Iraq did not kill Americans during 911. Yet, many have been killed in the current Iraq war against terrorism. Is that gross injustice?

I would elucidate, but you've proven beyond any shred of doubt that you lack the capacity for rational thinking when it comes to christianity.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2006
The muslims in Iraq did not kill Americans during 911. Yet, many have been killed in the current Iraq war against terrorism. Is that gross injustice?

Oasis, the difference is that the civilian muslims in Iraq were not deliberately killed by the Americans. Their target was a murderous military regime which had the option of surrendering to superior firepower but chose to risk their lives and the lives of their civilian comrades in a fight they cannot win. As for those innocent muslim killed in suicide bombings, everyone agrees that that is very very unfair and the suicide and car bombers are nothing but barbaric mass murderers.

However, the muslims in Onitsha did not constitute a threat to the "Christian" Igbo murderers, but they were executed just because of their tribe. This was no mistake, this was no accidental discharge. This was a deliberate, disgusting and entirely wrong act of murder.

I hereby call on the Federal Government to deal with the perpetrators of this Onitsha travesty after dealing with their "muslim" brothers in the north who committed similar acts of murder and gross injustice. These people are not true muslims or true Christians, because neither Islam nor Christianity support the killing of innocent people.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2006
I hereby call on the Federal Government to deal with the perpetrators of this Onitsha travesty after dealing with their "muslim" brothers in the north who committed similar acts of murder and gross injustice. These people are not true muslims or true Christians, because neither Islam nor Christianity support the killing of innocent people.

Very naive thinking considering you live in nigeria at present! The killing of igbos and christians by northern barbarians started way back in the 1960's (over 40 yrs ago!). How many pple have been arrested and duly charged in the horrific murders and arson that have followed such ungodly riots?
When there is a religious riot in the north, guess what the govt says; "we implore ALL religions to embrace peace, " pray! Why is the govt avoiding to speak the truth? this is not an 'ALL religions' affair but the attempt by a group of pple to islamise this nation!
It might interest you to note that your govt is not interested in quelling the riots (except when hausas are killed in the south then you see soldiers being deployed!), while hundreds are dying they are busy debating the extension of their tenures on the basis of "good" governance and "continuity".
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2006
Oasis, the difference is that the civilian muslims in Iraq were not deliberately killed by the Americans.  Their target was a murderous military regime which had the option of surrendering to superior firepower but chose to risk their lives and the lives of their civilian comrades in a fight they cannot win.  As for those innocent muslim killed in suicide bombings, everyone agrees that that is very very unfair and the suicide and car bombers are nothing but barbaric mass murderers.

Very good.  So you do at least agree that circumstances dictate sometimes that innocent lives are taken for a course.

Now apply that principle to the upheaval in Nigeria.

Unless you're a total dunce, you know that christians have been killed with impunity in the past.  This is one last straw that broke the camel's back.  With no other option open to the southerners, whose relatives were unjustly killed in the north, they responded the only way they could.

Innocent northerners got killed.  Yes, innocent people always get killed in a war.

However, the muslims in Onitsha did not constitute a threat to the "Christian" Igbo murderers, but they were executed just because of their tribe.  This was no mistake, this was no accidental discharge.  This was a deliberate, disgusting and entirely wrong act of murder.

It's not deliberate.  What is deliberate is the north killing over a cartoon.  What happened in the south is a response to the occurence in the north.

I hereby  call on the Federal Government to deal with the perpetrators of this Onitsha travesty after dealing with their "muslim" brothers in the north who committed similar acts of murder and gross injustice.  These people are not true muslims or true Christians, because neither Islam nor Christianity support the killing of innocent people.

You can call on the federal government until you're blue in the face.  The federal government is not going to be there to help you when your house is burned down, your relatives killed in the street like animals, and your places of worship reduced to rubble.

If the government did it's duty, and has been doing its duty, we would never have had the killings in Onitsha.

So, you can continue to live in your dream world of law and order.  I prefer to face reality.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2006
You know, I used to think that Nigeria's problems would vanish once the newer generation took office. I'm now seriously doubting this position in view of the recent developments in Nigeria.

So many people are expressing sentiments that clearly spell a lack of intelligence, or a clear-cut prejudice against a religion or tribe. To think that these are the same people that would one day become rulers is shocking to say the least.

Nigeria has a long way to go.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by ijele(m): 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2006
oasis:

You know, I used to think that Nigeria's problems would vanish once the newer generation took office.  I'm now seriously doubting this position in view of the recent developments in Nigeria.

So many people are expressing sentiments that clearly spell a lack of intelligence, or a clear-cut prejudice against a religion or tribe.  To think that these are the same people that would one day become rulers is shocking to say the least. 

Nigeria has a long way to go.
Tell me where in de world is is retalitation not done.The world most civilized countries and their great leaders are at war with their enemies. Americans re bombarding Iraq and Afghanistan because of 9/11 attack. if the northneers can't hold their peace,then it's all tits for tats
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by otitoloju(m): 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2006
It's saddening; hell it's painful when innocent people are killed for things they dont have knowledge of.
I knew this whole thing will happen again (killing of "Christians" and reprisal attacks by "Christians"wink when a bunch of almajiris who call themselves members of house of assembly in Kano (or was it Kaduna) state burnt Danish flags in front of the state house of assembly.
If "leaders" do such it is an open license for the masses to engage in wanton lawlessness; it took only a few days before the Maiduguri mayhem ensued; that and other events which resulted from that are now realities which we a faced with.
For the past two months we have seen images of “protests” by Muslims from all over the world; yes there have been destruction of properties and even loss of lives.
Trust Nigerians; when we did our Muslim country men had their own protest they had to beat all records. Destroy and kill more than their brethren Indonesia, Syria et al combined.
These bring me to the following questions;
1. Why is it so easy for the Muslim (anywhere in the world) to take the life of another person; be it a Muslim or someone of a different faith? – Does it have something to do with the fact that no Muslim is sure of total redemption unless he dies in a Jihad? For those who die normally even if they are devout, redemption will only come as a result if their good deeds outweigh their bad dees and not the grace of God.
2. Why is it so easy to set the Muslim world on a frenzy of destruction and murder? – Because it is the easiest way to redemption- kill Kaffirs; score more points or get killed and you go straight to aljana with virgins waiting for you on the side. Can someone tell me what happens to the female Jihadists? Or is Muslim heaven meant for only males.
3. Why has human life become so cheap in our country such that when these kind of things happen the authorities are no where in site?
4. Why do I get this feeling that some people think that our country belongs only to them and the rest of us are second class citizens? – They always the first to strike at their brothers across the Niger.
5. Why is it that the riots in the north sparked off no too long after some Arab Muslim clerics visited Nigeria some two weeks back? – See 6 below.
6. Is it possible that this whole worldwide protest is being used by Iran due to the pressures it has had to face from the west due to its nuclear ambitions? – After all the cartoons had been out in Denmark since Sept 2005 and the protests only started when the heat was turned on Iran.
7. If 6 above has an iota of truth in it; is it safe for me to assume that the Muslim world has Mullahs / Imams for sale when there is a political beef to tackle? – Issue a Fatwah and all Kaffirs are easy target for the umah. One Sharia court in India has already issued a Fatwah for the hapless Danish cartoonists who took part in the contest that led to the production of the said satanic depiction of the prophet.
8. Why does a section of this country value its Muslim / Arab ties more than the general good of our country? – They prefer their kids to go to Koran / Arabic classes rather than go through western education system which is our national standard.
9. Why do I get this feeling that our “leaders” are helpless? – Every major incidence has taken them by surprise and when it happens they respond rather slowly.
10. If our “leaders” are not helpless are they culpable? – Check it out; create a sense of insecurity so that we beg them to stay or so that they set up more committees to engage in more binge stealing.
11. Is it not an irony that in this mayhem some Christians would have been killed by fellow Christians simply because he is Hausa? – Being Hausa does not make one a Muslim.

Nigeria has more than enough problems to cope with than for misguided ppl to start what has now become a wildfire.
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Sandscape(m): 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2006
While retaliatory killings are bad, extreme muslims should realize that violence is not the reserve of one people. All persons can go mad. If someone tags your religion as voilent, is it sane for you to dispute it with violence? Thats the question they should answer!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by OluAbuja(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2006
Otitoloju, i feel you.

I want to know who will give guided answers to Otitoloju's questions?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Rottweiler(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2006
I am sad with the happenings in this country. Some northerners have come to assume that the southerners are fools. If a fly comes from the south and perches on the Koran, the hausas will kill any igbo in sight. For God sake, what has the ordinary Igbo man in the north, have to do with the cartoon in Denmark? I don't take this kind of attitude anymore!

If your canarian kills my child, my rottweiler should kill your child also! Period!
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by oasis: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2006
If your canarian kills my child, my rottweiler should kill your child also!  Period!

Nobody would say christians in Nigeria haven't been patient enough.
Nobody would say christians haven't turned the other cheek time and again.

No matter how tolerant you are, there is a limit to the endurance you can take.

Islam went too far this time.

Somehow, I don't even want the riots to end just yet.  Am I an advocate of war?  Maybe.  But I didn't start it, they did.

I want enough uprising to the point that Hausas would get the message that christian lives are just as valuable as any.  I want them put in their place.  Hausas need to quit claiming the north as their own.  Nigeria is for Nigerians.

The next time they plan to incite another uprising, let 2006 cartoon incident remind them of what is at stake.

Riot has spread to Enugu,

Seven people died in Enugu on Wednesday in revenge attacks on Muslims following the killings of Christians in the mainly Muslim north of the country.
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-02-24T120706Z_01_L24536355_RTRUKOC_0_US-NIGERIA-FIGHTING.xml&archived=False
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Seun(m): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2006
If your canarian kills my child, my rottweiler should kill your child also! Period!

Why should you involve innocent children in a dispute between adults? Are you a savage?
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by OluAbuja(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2006
I think what we need is more education and i am sure
many muslims are not aware of the position of Prophet Mohammed.

It is unislamic to kill Christians.

Read what a muslim professor said "Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
himself was recorded in history to have issued the instruction to the Muslim Army
before they set out on an expedition thus: "Do not deceive, do not disfigure, do not
kill children and those in churches." (L’elaa-us-Sunan vol. 12 page 31; Idaratul Qur’aan).
In the light of the above it should be clear that it is unIslamic to hide under the cloak of
religion to kill innocent people and destroy their property"

Read the full statement here

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sunlightofislam/2006/feb/24/sunofislam-24-02-2006-001.htm
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by yeepa(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2006
wait a minute,

Has any one of the respondents on this topic got a Muslim friend(s)? If you guys have got any,I wonder how you relate with them. angry sad angry
Re: Christians Killing Muslims In Onitsha by Ralex(m): 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2006
U know am amused by this post , In the other post "16 killed in Mad, " I tried to rationalize the killing of Igbos and christains and recieved stiff opposition. Two days away from this site, I come back to see this thread and people reasoning the way I do.
I was called a fool and a muslim among other things, and here the same people argue from my plane. smiley

Violence is good at times. It releases a lot of bad blood and keep things in check; Sorry the innocent get killed @ times. They are killed because they choose to be peaceful.

Nobody just swears falsely with the devils name why?? But everyday people swear falsely with God's name

this is simply because God forgives and they can count on it but the devil will not forgive at all. He demands full payment.

We can maintain peace in this country by "Knowledge of Violence"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Official Remanded In Prison Custody For N9.2 Million Fraud (photos) / Gunmen Abduct Eight People In Ekiti, Demand ₦50 Million Ransom / Court Convicts 11 Internet Fraudsters In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.