Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,161 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Couples Not Staying Together - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Not Staying Together (23116 Views)

"My Hubby Was Not My Spec"  Wife Says After Years Of Staying Together (VIDEO) / Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by handsomeyinka(m): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by pweeryambre: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
You are not ready for marriage yet.
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Teejayadex: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
I understand you but If your wife start fornication, don't complain. na because of those small small girls no gree you live with your family

4 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Kajaard: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:

You could say anything about me and be right, but unworthiness? I doubt bro.

You say you are an introvert. Introverts do get married. I am very sure I am more introverted than you are.

If I may ask: why did you get married then? Married couples are not supposed to live apart.

The moment you decided it was time to get married then you should have realised that you can not always be alone as you were when you were single anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by ashawopikin(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

I need an opinion on issues concerning my marriage.

I got married two years ago, although left to me i would never have gotten married but i had to as the only son of my parent.

I live separately from my wife(a house i built, while i live in a rented place) and although we live in the same state but i can't just seem to live or co-exist peacefully with any other person other than myself.

My wife has really been on my neck lately, she came to my house last week with our child and refused to go back after a week. I am tired and i just wish to be alone please.

I am not a deadbeat dad, i give her 100k every month for food and utilities.

I just want to be left alone, i don't hate her, infact i appreciate all she does but i just love doing things on my own. I'll love my family structure to be this way, i mean coming home to visit my kids(when i have more) and wife every two weeks.
I understand you bro, but at this point it's not just you and your wife, you need to think about your child too, it's a sacrifice you have to take so it won't affect your child

4 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by sofiscatedmoron: 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

I got married two years ago, although left to me i would never have gotten married but i had to as the only son of my parent.

I live separately from my wife(a house i built, while i live in a rented place) and although we live in the same state but i can't just seem to live or co-exist peacefully with any other person other than myself.

My wife has really been on my neck lately, she came to my house last week with our child and refused to go back after a week. I am tired and i just wish to be alone please.

I just want to be left alone, i don't hate her, infact i appreciate all she does but i just love doing things on my own. I'll love my family structure to be this way, i mean coming home to visit my kids(when i have more) and wife every two weeks.
I like it that way too,
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Oga, stay with your wife and be a father to your child

Before your child grows up to hate you.

You got married, you stay married. If you did not want to get married, then you should have not done so.

Bring your wife home, Mr introvert. And take responsibility. You know what I mean

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
Why wont u stay with ur wife or atleast stay n raise ur child...not tomorrow nah wen the child turns wayward u will blame the mother.
Is there anything bad u are doing or hidding? Then stay in the same house but seperate rooms if u aak me for advice. Whatever decision u are taking now by being apart from your family with this 'irrational excuse' may hunt u in future bro...pls think very well n adhere to living and staying with ur wife n child!

3 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

You said your WIFE & CHILD

Oga ! You really need Mental evaluation grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by reidkrugger(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Oga, I like your style. Very nice one. But if dem begin provide services for your wife make you nor talk o.

Or is it dat you de form Americana?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by thorpido(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Klass99:
Some years ago my boss told me about a married couple in Lagos who have this sort of arrangement you want.

The man had his house, the woman had her's too. Both had been previously married but were divorced from their former spouses when they met and when they decided to marry they worked out an agreement.

She lives in her house and he lives in his, they spend mostly weekends together, alternating between each other's place. If she goes over this weekend, next weekend he will go over to her's. They attend social events together and when in-laws visit, her people stay at her house, his people stay at his house.

I thought that was a very cool and mature arrangement between two reasonable adults, bold enough to make their own rules and choose a path which works for them, without following societal rules/expectations. After all their choice is not hurting anyone, is it? Neither are they doing something fundamentally wrong, but trust ITK people to think or say otherwise.

Your problem is that you didn't have a two way conversation about this prior to marriage and now you want to impose/implement your desires. You for follow the babe talk all this one before marriage na. Since you didn't do that, abeg listen to her and find a way to make this work.

What is it with people marrying when they don't feel like it or marrying just to please parents?

This could work because they had both been married before.Na second hand be their own.
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
You can't live with her ! How you take Impregnate am ? Abi na Una Abuna jam Accident grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by MagicBishop: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

You are a selfish bastard .

You think marriage and being a father is all about money?

Free that woman and go and live as a recluse in the bush.

Narcistic selfish idiot.

You provably a bottom gay sef.prefers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by thatsleepboy1: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Opolopoopolonio: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Did you tell your wife about this nature of yours before you got married

If you didn't, I am sorry you just have to allow her stay with you. Don't be wicked! angry

1 Like

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by money121(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Infoay: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
We are different in our ways indeed.
With all humility sir, it would have been better if you remain single because marriage is about companionship.
That was the same vacancy that the almighty God saw in man which later gave birth to the concept of marriage.
According to your write up, I'm glad you're doing the needful in meeting to your family financial needs but marriage is more than that sir.
Stop making her feel single while in 'marriage'
She needs you in and out. It isn't a privilege but her RIGHT in marriage.

I come in peace please!

4 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by asahnwaKC: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
I like my space but not to this extent.... as someone said have your private room it helps. You can’t just be alone in a whole house.. if emergency calls nko??.... rethink again

5 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by dapotemi: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
JBriel:
It's your personality no doubt. But thinking patterns, behavioral patterns are parts and parcels of our " individuality " we must all drop en-route marriage

The institution of marriage solicits giving up physical identity for couple identity. So, you're denying your wife what is rightfully hers by every right. Your company, your presence, your attention, your time.

Trust me I've seen many of how our intrinsic thinking patterns defrauds us to assume we can't do better, change, improve, do things differently but the truth is behaviors can be learnt. We can adjust and evolve.

You diagnosed the problems you have even in your words. " You just like to be alone " It is what forms after you've created a character around flawed ideologies and beliefs

You need therapy before you even connect with her. The ideas that forms this behavior must first be entangled so it stops isolating you and you learn new habits that shows you how to live, yes, how to truly live. How to be vulnerable, how to be open. How to love. How to feel again. How to feel worthy

If your feelings of unworthiness isn't resolved, even friendships would remain moribound and those thoughts have made you built a castle to imprison you in your thoughts, habits, behavioral patterns assuming the world is all evil that you need to shiled yourself from the world. Your thought patterns has imprisoned you

You need to be whole to love. You need to be whole to live. I recommend you find a long term behavioral coach to speak with. To take you by the hand and walk you into new pathways you can explore in life

Back to the issue of marriage. Marriage isn't just sexing. Marriage is " conjoining ". A man would cleave to his wife... Without cleaving, you're violating the marital institution my dear

Let go off whatever pains, heart breaks, dissapoinments that triggered the fear and behaviors that wants you imprisoned and start a new walk into a new path in life my dear.

Life is life. Life isn't all evil. Life can be what you create it to be for you

Everyone has limits, before you turn that woman into what you would regret, please find yourself and put yourself together

i solemnly swear that this is the best comment (advice) have read this year on NL....@ Ops, take heed!

2 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Unfortunately, you cannot sustain this kind of lifestyle as a married man. Relationships are worth more than money and your wife and especially, your kid, needs you at this point.

1 Like

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by hardon1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Then why did you get married. Since you well-off, you should have discussed the option of baby mama with a lady. There are ladies willing to follow that part provided you fund them steadily

You led her on and married her when you know the kind of person you are. Find a way to deal with it. Staying and tolerating with another person is Virtue that can be learnt... No frustrate that woman abeg

3 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by President2001(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Evil spirit at work you need to be delivered
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Which kind husband be this o?
You think everything is about money?
How much be N100K sef?
You didn't consider your wife's emotion, pamper, care, sense of cohabitation, bonding that's inside seeing each other daily, companionship etc? Which kind work you dey do that's keeping you away for your family too much?
Moreover, how many times do you sleep with your wife weekly, monthly, yearly?
You mean I ll marry you and you won't touch me more than 2-3 times in a week?
You go see craze or I just divorce your ass!
I don't wanna know your problem. Whether it's real or fake or you fabricated this post. You don't neglect women. Rich men marrying plenty wives think it's all about money. That's why they v many bastard kids. I don't support adultery but if you v a wife, you must be able to satisfy her in all areas.

3 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
@KemeticPrince

Have you ever heard of the word called sacrifice, marriage is more about sacrifice than love

2 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Beetunez44(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Just wow!
I don't know why I just feel hyper after reading this.

Do you actually think all that she needs is money? Is that all it takes to be a husband and a father?

If she also decides to live like you, with whom will you both leave the kids?

Marriage is not about trying to be you! It's about being one with your wife. This just sound wicked and selfish on all fronts.

You need to stop trying to be what you are and simply become who you should be- that's responsibility.

And just before you say I don't understand you, I do. I cherish my solitude so much that I may not step out of my room for a whole day and I dislike having visitors or even receiving calls.

Knowing all these about me, I know that my partner must be one with whom I feel alone. The one whose presence will not look like a violation of my solitude...

7 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Get a room on your house after some week you will be the one to tell her to come to your bed.

1 Like

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by DKM123: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
You are still young. You are USED To living alone. You think this lifestyle is the best for you. You may be right actually but FOR NOW.

I say for now because other things still excite you and you feel choked with wife and kids being in your space, almost like a hindrance.

As you grow older, maybe in your late 40s, you will realise that being alone as an older man while your wife and kids are somewhere else bonding is a sad way to live. Women can live this way but most men feel less accomplished than thier fellow men when they are living alone in thier late 40s and 50s.

Meanwhile, enjoy your aloneness for now but when you grow out of those things that excite you now, your family being with you will be all you crave for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Starz825(m): 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

I TALK AM
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE LIKE ME

BROS ...I CANT ADVICE YOU WE ARE THE SAME grin

I SAY WHEN I MARRY ...I WAN GET HOUSE WEY BE SAY ME AND MY WIFE NO GO DEY SEE EACH OTHER UNTIL WEEKEND EVEN THOUGH WE BOTH LIVE TOGETHER UNDER THE SAME ROOF
Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Streett: 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
KemeticPrince:
Hello guys!

Omo no be only me dey this pattern o….
I love my space hunnid percent that shit effortlessly easy for me spending lone time gives me the peace .. Thats when I get to connect to my core being , The euphoria is unmatched …..
Bruh nothing do You… it’s understandable! But make sure your wife understands You properly o! It’s important she realizes and understands when you need your solitude and not perceive it as offensive or mischievous BECAUSE she’s your wife now and she has kids for You…. It’ll be unfair to have them go through all that! As You don marry now just try try coexist with your family in any way You can … It’s important…. Women got feelings too and their imaginations run wild just as ours …Try reduce am Bruh!
Living else where isn’t a good idea….. Wrong Bruh! Y’all should live TOGETHER!!! You can’t deny her and those kids Your presence and that husband,Daddy warmth & experience they deserve ..

If I’m givin up my solitude to chill with You.. E mean say I dig You Solid.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Not Staying Together by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
anthonyuncle:
you should've remained single.
now your desire to be called a good boy by your parents led you to getting an innocent girl into your sadistic life.

you worsened the situation by bringing a very angelic soul (that should have remained in heaven singing hossana) in the form of a child, into your pathetic life.

will all your properties to your wife and child,
go on an unending sorjourn in the desert, where you and the legions of demons that inhabit you will have the luxury of time and space to yourselves, until the hour comes for you to return to your home in hell fire to continue your hobby of gnashing of teeth.

nonsense

Wow wow wow. Best comment so far so good.

- innocent girl.
- angelic soul.
- sadistic life.
- pathetic life.
- unending sojourn in the desert.
- legion of demons.
- hell fire.
- gnashing of teeth.
- nonsense.

You killed it bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Sister's Husband Who Married Another Lady After Visiting Ghana / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage / Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.