Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh (23506 Views)

Obi And Kwankwaso May Form A Merger Ahead Of The INEC Deadline - LP Spokesperson / Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / 2023: Campaign Poster Of Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Circulates On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2022
onatisi:

with the bolded, I CAN SEE IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY USELESS ARGUING WITH PETER OBI SUPPORTERS. but one thing I know is that peter obi is a very very smart man , he won't use his personal funds for this political jamboree and electioneering party. he will rather make other people contribute their own hard-earned money for this political excursion .but opinion is free and everyone is entitled to support and vote for whoever they wish and want to
The train have left this one behind, the youths and Christains are ready to take back our country in 2023 from those thieves in power.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by SocialJustice: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2022
Biafranodogwu55:
This kwankwaso sefh...

How him think say PO left pdp just to agree to become his VP

Very selfish notherners
Selfish Kwankwaso not northerners.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:44am On Jul 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Leave them to continue day dreaming.. obi can't win the South East not to talk of general election. They will go back to their usual slogan after election
Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by SocialJustice: 7:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Dreal1247:
From the look of things, the northern Fulanis are not ready to relinquish power to the south . It appears that they want to deceive everyone receivable to continue with their business of killing the country. Most APC members are already decamping to PDP especially in the North. The emergence of Peter Obi is now their greatest threat as they know that the youths are massively behind him. The attacks on the presidential team and Kuje prison are calculated attempts to declare that the civilian cannot rule the country. They may opt for interim government or military coup. This people appear not to be ready for the elections. But God will prove them wrong.
You're only running wild with imagination. Elections will hold when due.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Stop deceiving yourself.

Ego clear like sapele water for your eyes after election... I don't brag or chest beat
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Great2017: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2022
ibedu29:

Then have you sit down to think about your future .
Those old men don't give a damn about you
Be wise
I think you need the advice more than I do
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Ego clear like sapele water for your eyes after election... I don't brag or chest beat
You are still living in the past.Ends sars would be a child's play to what we happen in 2023.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The train have left this one behind, the youths and Christains are ready to take back our country in 2023 from those thieves in power.

Bro/sis, abeg leave out youth or christians when talking. Leadership isn't defined by tribe, religion or age. As much as I will never support a northern candidate which was reason I never accepted leadership position by NNPP, we should not start this religious campaign. But I can assure you, not all christians and youths are behind Obi and not all Muslims and adults are behind the Muslim candidates as well. Leave politics for politicians.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are still living in the past.Ends sars would be a child's play to what we happen in 2023.

I wish you could read my lips... Nothing will happen and I mean nothing. Threat don't win elections and I can guarantee you southern youths aren't aggressive as their northern counterparts. You will chicken out when you hear knockout and not even gun bullet! Just vote wisely and leave politics for politicians
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by ONNYX: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2022
Daddyyin:
Obi should be thankful to Atiku. After he completed his 8 years tenure under APGA, he quickly ported to PDP. Atiku helped him by making Obi his running mate. Since then, he has been feeling bigger than the person that made him relevant beyond his state of origin. 2023 will fix everything; Tinubu will relegate him and send Atiku to retirement. Tinubu the serial winner!

The way we reason sometimes eh!

Little wonder we are so steeped in backwardness.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 06, 2022
We move !!! We keep jumping up to dia trap when they say we can't stand we the people show them we can stand tall,we have to for ourselves our children our generation to come a better Nigeria under peter obi.

Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by dheilaw1(m): 8:06am On Jul 06, 2022
ibedu29:

Old sick grandpa will continue balling out with your destiny
Turning you into agbero?
Shame no dey catch you
e pain you? Wait till 2023 for premium tears, Obi Pandora wont even 4 states....
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by BluntCrazeMan: 8:09am On Jul 06, 2022
bhella10:
Merger has just failed. Go and verify.
Labour Party might have needed the Merger at some point..
BUT NOT PETER OBI..
PETER OBI NEVER HAD ANY NEED FOR THE MERGER..
PETER OBI STILL DOESN'T NEED THE MERGER.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by DEMAGE(m): 8:12am On Jul 06, 2022
If only NNPP candidate agree to be vice to LP candidate, it would have been sure for them come 2023
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Hotfreezer: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2022
haffaze777:

I don't really expect this question from you,what else do they know apart from abuse, insult and curse?

I underestimated their stupidity.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by RoyalDiadems: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Ok Naa.
MEANWHILE...
GO AND VERIFY.

Two men were governors: one in Lagos, the other in Anambra.
Towards the end of their second term, the one in Lagos sent his retirement bill and got his house of assembly to approve what you see below as his yearly pension.

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

(This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from the firm - Alpha Beta - which collects tax for Lagos State, and the total control he has over the governors and the treasury.)
But See what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

Now the two men want to be president.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

I am just exposing your mind to see the truth.
It is now your decision to make and convince others.
Use your reasoning..
Vote and support wisely….

Please create a thread for this. Let Nigerians read and decide.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Hotfreezer: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:

3 things Yorubas can kill for. Land, chieftaincy and politics.
We are fully ready for you animals.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by shinealight(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2022
ibedu29:

So power should go to north again?
After PMB 8 years

As long as Power rotation is not in the Constitution, it becomes merely a moral issue. It is not a ‘right’ that can be claimed!
Every politician is then obliged to network with their fellow power-seekers and ‘build bridges’ with other regions of the Federation so that they can be given favourable consideration and concessions in the allocation of power.
Therefore, in this matter of Coalition or Merger discussion between NNPP and LP, each of them comes with equal claim to be No 1.
The issue of PMB having spent 8 years should not put NNPP at a disadvantage in the discussions. Otherwise, they will never reach an agreement because they both left PDP in pursuit of the same thing.
This is the time for Obi to build bridges to the North and he can then claim in 8 years’ time that “it is his turn” in that coalition!
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Mrexcell(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2022
otipoju:
I like the way Okupe was emphatically unequivocal in stating that the proposal was dead.

It died the moment they tried to justify that it did not matter that a northerner from the same geopolitical zone as the outgoing president could succeed him over a region that had not produced even a vice president in the modern democratic era.

Labour party quickly moved on. No time to check time. Kwankwaso greed cost him an easy shot at the presidency after Peter Obi.

Make Kwankwaso come test him popularity for national level, make we see.

He will split northern votes with Atiku and Tinubu.
Obi will clear the whole of south south and south east, win Lagos and Ondo in the west and the whole of the christian middle belt.

I count 19 states for Labour Party.

Kwankwanso have always been a fulani supremacist like buhari am really surprised that peter obi and his team didn't know this.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by stuntman007: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2022
sirray001:
igbos are not calling for separate country because they love to. It is because the north are marginalising other tribes including the west. If the Nigeria system is working well, nobody will agitate. Imagine a country where northerners are controlling all the juicing and key positions and many more. nothing is working well in Nigeria. Corruption and nepotism. Let's all join hands to vote a good leader in the coming election. let's forget tribe. All we need is a good leader. Someone who can take us out from this mess Buhari had put us.

God bless you bro!
Let me just add that the fight for Biafra did not just start with Nnandi Kanu and Ipod. Before him there was Uwazuruike"s MASSOB, there was not much followership because alot of people saw hope and things wasn't this bad. The present administration made people lost hope in our unity, hence the support for the movements. Let's not forget that even the yorubas started supporting Sunday Igboho. They saw them as hope for a better life. Now what is going in the minds of youths of Nigeria irrespective of their tribe is that there is another hope for a better Nigeria which is better than dividing the country and they are trying to give it another hard shot.

What everyone clamours for is just a better life, a better future for us and the next generation. Fix Nigeria now and see if anybody will pay attention to Ipod or any secetionalist for that matter.

This is why we have to watch what we say to ourselves here. Let forget our differences (tribe, religion or what have been said in the past), and let come together and vote. Let search our conscience and vote for the right candidate.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Hotfreezer:

3 things Yorubas can kill for. Land, chieftaincy and politics.
We are fully ready for you animals.
We all know you all are cowards.Babangida said if he wakes up from sleep and hears a yoruba man making threats, he will simply go back to sleep.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Greenscientist: 8:43am On Jul 06, 2022
otipoju:
I like the way Okupe was emphatically unequivocal in stating that the proposal was dead.

It died the moment they tried to justify that it did not matter that a northerner from the same geopolitical zone as the outgoing president could succeed him over a region that had not produced even a vice president in the modern democratic era.

Labour party quickly moved on. No time to check time. Kwankwaso greed cost him an easy shot at the presidency after Peter Obi.

Obi will clear the whole of south south and south east, win Lagos and Ondo in the west and the whole of the christian middle belt.

Win lagos??
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Jackbaur88: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2022
otipoju:

The entire Middle Belt which include Plateau state, Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi, Fct are locked down for OBI, 40% from Niger and 30% from Kwara. Taraba state from North East is locked down for OBI, Gombe and Adamawa will give good votes to Obi, Southern Kaduna is Locked down for OBI.
ALUTA continua, Victory acerta
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by OBoy50: 8:47am On Jul 06, 2022
cool Kwankwaso or no kwankwaso o... KERERENKE OBI 2023!
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by diplomat058(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2022
otipoju:

Lol what are you IPOB lots smoking before making comments

Obi won't even win SE. Hahahah
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by godofuck231: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2022
He had no structure in northern politics , not helped anyone while in power, did nk political favors or grants , his party holds no seat or strong forte in the legislative chambers , has no loyalist in the northern grassroots and LGA .......
Now he wants to play proper politics ?
He should learn to lead at federal level before leading the federal government of Nigeria, obi made a grave mistake
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by Gbagura: 9:25am On Jul 06, 2022
otipoju:

You guys are comic relief. See as this kid just dash obi 19 states including Lagos and Ondo. We've told you ibos that emotions don't win elections. That's how Kanu brainwashed you fools that Trump would grant you Biafra and I guess that has come to fruition.
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by onatisi(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
the two bolded are even the major reasons your candidate will lose. just wait and see
Re: Why Peter Obi And Kwankwaso Coalition Collapsed - Okupe, Umeh by onatisi(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2022
Gbagura:
You guys are comic relief. See as this kid just dash obi 19 states including Lagos and Ondo. We've told you ibos that emotions don't win elections. That's how Kanu brainwashed you fools that Trump would grant you Biafra and I guess that has come to fruition.
no need insulting anyone, you will know the age group many of peter obi followers belong to by their childish comments, reason why i said earlier that it is even totally useless discussing , arguing of having mature political discussions with them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Warns Clark, Tompolo And Dokubo Over War Threat / IGP Ibrahim Idris Celebrates His 59th Birthday As His Wife Surprises Him / Lai Mohammed To US: El-Zakzaky Detained For Crime, Not Religious Persecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.