Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC (15592 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / DisCos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1st / Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by seunmsg(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
oz4real83:
Gone are those days I used to blame GEJ for the evil privatization he did. Seven years are enough for PMB to correct all the errors in the evil privatization but he has absolutely nothing meaningful to offer. Power never improved for once throughout this administration. Bedc should be the worst among all the distribution companies, they don't even care about the public perception of them. Still no prepaid meters from Bedc. It has never been this bad in the history of this country. This administration took Nigeria to a messy state the country has never ever been in embarassed

Do you know the legal implications of cancelling the sales agreement of the discos? The best thing is allow them fail on their own and take them over through AMCON.

1 Like

Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by oz4real83(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
seunmsg:

Do you know the legal implications of cancelling the sales agreement of the discos? The best thing is allow them fail on their own and take them over through AMCON.
this should have been done long ago. Customers have been the ones sustaining the existence of these evil discos for long against their will. The govt should have stopped customers from taking over responsibilities that should have been for the discos, customers buy electric poles, cables,fuses, transformers, meters and other accessories and even pay discos to install these accessories and at the end of the month still pay bills for electricity not supplied. This would have killed the discos and AMCON would have taken them over earlier, it is coming too late.

1 Like

Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by COMPAQ(m): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omihanifa:
Just imagine the kind of questionable people that bought these discos. Nigeria is in a total mess. I can bet everything that apart from Abuja and Lagos discos. Others didn't invest anything to upgrade their assets.

I think it has less to do with the people that bought the assets and more to do with the many structural issues in the electricity sector among which include a non cot reflective tarrif, massive electricity theft, incapacitated, TCN, people not even paying their bills, poor legal framework etc

All this talk of questionable people buying the assets is just cheap beer parlour talk for the uninformed. Nigerians typically cannot analyze real issues and like to proffer shallow reasons for the issues we have.

I remember when I was serving in Abia State in 1999 and people I met in Aba and Umuahia were excited that Orji Uzor Kalu was going to be their Governor. I asked one guy what the excitement and his answer was " Orji Uzor Kalu will use his money to improve their State". Shallow beer parlour thinkin!! Someon actually thought a poilitician will use his personal wealth to develop the state!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by seunmsg(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
oz4real83:
this should have been done long ago. Customers have been the ones sustaining the existence of these evil discos for long against their will. The govt should have stopped customers from taking over responsibilities that should have been for the discos, customers buy electric poles, cables,fuses, transformers, meters and other accessories and even pay discos to install these accessories and at the end of the month still pay bills for electricity not supplied. This would have killed the discos and AMCON would have taken them over earlier, it is coming too late.

AMCON can only takeover when the discos default in their loan obligations. If Buhari had forcefully nationalized the discos, the court would have awarded trillions in compensation against the FG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by oz4real83(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
seunmsg:

AMCON can only takeover when the discos default in their loan obligations. If Buhari had forcefully nationalized the discos, the court would have awarded trillions in compensation against the FG.
you still don't get it. Discos would have defaulted with their loan obligations for long, the reason it didn't happen was because customers were taking over their responsibilities, this lessened the financial burden on them. They were never financially and technically okay to operate distribution companies.
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by cp3o: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
dele1727:

How does this concern Buhari?

Jonathan privatised and sold the Disco and the Gencos...

If you want to criticise....lets be reasonable and think our contributions through...

In the case of security...you can knock Buhari as long as you like...because as an Ex-General....he is totally useless...but on this electricity issues...

Jonathan and PDP sold them under very foolish conditions..

Are you for real? Does government run in a vacuum? If Buhari was not ready or competent, why did he run for office? What exactly has he done to contribute to the proper running of anything? Okay, let's assume the electric power sector was beyond his power to intervene. The areas where he has had the ability, are they doing well
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by Goodman247: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
What is wrong with Nigeria self, no security, no constant electricity, currupt leaders has messed up this country
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by dele1727: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
cp3o:

Are you for real? Does government run in a vacuum? If Buhari was not ready or competent, why did he run for office? What exactly has he done to contribute to the proper running of anything? Okay, let's assume the electric power sector was beyond his power to intervene. The areas where he has had the ability, are they doing well

Oga...Read.. I already highlighted the sector his expertise was most needed and he failed
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by buckeyemedia: 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
oz4real83:
Gone are those days I used to blame GEJ for the evil privatization he did. Seven years are enough for PMB to correct all the errors in the evil privatization but he has absolutely nothing meaningful to offer. Power never improved for once throughout this administration. Bedc should be the worst among all the distribution companies, they don't even care about the public perception of them. Still no prepaid meters from Bedc. It has never been this bad in the history of this country. This administration took Nigeria to a messy state the country has never ever been in embarassed
Forever blame Goodluck Ebele Jonathan solely for handling over our electricity infrastructure to quacks on November 7 2013, he put us in these mess, he told us the future will judge him.
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by buckeyemedia: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
cp3o:

Blame Jonathan that signed an agreement that tied the hands of the Federal Government.
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by Penguin2: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
What a shame!
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by h0pze3: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
ijustdey:
• New boards for Kaduna, Kano, Benin distribution companies

• AMCON takes charge of IBEDC

https://thenationonlineng.net/banks-take-over-discos/

Effect of selling your company shares

If you want to sell your company shares hold the largest shares like 60% just to afford another person/company took over ur company while u still dey breet
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by SEGLIZ: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

In response, I offer you these articles.

1. Solving the liquidty crunch in the power sector.

2.Muddy waters.

From article 2...

The issues facing the Nigerian power sector remains multi-faceted but in our view, top on the list is the non-cost reflective tariff. While we acknowledge that the current macroeconomic landscape may not be best suited for another hike in electricity tariffs, we note that the continued adoption of non-cost-reflective tariffs will exacerbate the anemic position of Discos, prevent the overhaul of poor transmission infrastructure, hinder private sector investments and constrain the development of the power sector. With government revenue under significant pressure, we believe government liquidity injections may prove to be insufficient in sustaining the power sector.

I don't work for the power sector, or know anyone. I even had issues with my local disco some years ago. But all I have here started from my trying to understand why GEJ was selling the PHCN to discos and gencos....

I asked the question in response to your statement : 'IBEDC cannot meet up its demands economically because it has to charge for bills below the cost of producing power, and because a lot of people do not pay their bills in its catchment area.' the won't make profit, for they offer what is meant for to a few.

the issue here is we are experiencing saboteurs effort in frustrating the power sector to their own advantage.

in the first when gej was selling, told people the whole bunch of them selling and buying are criminals. why sell the system in a rush? why buy a commodity or service not available to sell to people?

the discos have being billing even without power not being consumed, they discos prevent metres from going round yet they cry foul.
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
SEGLIZ:
I asked the question in response to your statement : 'IBEDC cannot meet up its demands economically because it has to charge for bills below the cost of producing power, and because a lot of people do not pay their bills in its catchment area.' the won't make profit, for they offer what is meant for to a few.

the issue here is we are experiencing saboteurs effort in frustrating the power sector to their own advantage.

in the first when gej was selling, told people the whole bunch of them selling and buying are criminals. why sell the system in a rush? why buy a commodity or service not available to sell to people?

the discos have being billing even without power not being consumed, they discos prevent metres from going round yet they cry foul.

I answered your question, but ye don't like the answer.....
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by SEGLIZ: 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

I answered your question, but ye don't like the answer.....

don't get me wrong, I'm not contest with you response, just corroborating your answer, reason for power sector failure. all you hear them so is blame consumer of power theft.
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by wingmanIII: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
GOATandYAMtheory:
Only Peter Obi can save us in this country grin cheesy

When Peter obi becomes president, there would be steady power supply like we had in Anambra when he was Governor, enough savings for Nigeria, and most importantly, enough growth in his Pandora investment.

IPOB logic ehn.. grin grin cheesy

Good thing the Obidient ones outnumber embittered degenerates like you. Wallow in your shallow stupidity!!
Re: 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC by buckeyemedia: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
wingmanIII:

Good thing the Obidient ones outnumber embittered degenerates like you. Wallow in your shallow stupidity!!
How can the Obidient ones outnumber embittered degenerates, when last did you go to the market or walk the streets, villages & towns of Nigeria?

Or you are living on the Internet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ECOWAS Court Orders Nigeria To Pay German N63.6m, $10,000 Over Illegal Detention / The Western Media's Portrayal Of Africa / 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.