Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,540 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

2022 WAFCON: ‘it Is Possible To Beat Super Falcons’ —botswana FA President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 WAFCON: ‘it Is Possible To Beat Super Falcons’ —botswana FA President (308 Views)

Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' / Videos And Pictures Of Super Falcons Players In Camp Ahead Of 2022 WAFCON / Raoul Savoy: CAR Coach Explains How They Beat Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2022 WAFCON: ‘it Is Possible To Beat Super Falcons’ —botswana FA President by solbase10(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2022
President of the Botswana Football Association MacLean Letshwiti says his country’s women’s national team, The Mares, can defeat the Super Falcons in Thursday’s Group C tie.

Debutants Botswana kicker off their campaign with a 4-2 win against Burundi in Group C on Monday while the Falcons lost 2-1 to South Africa.

“Let me congratulate The Mares for putting an excellent shift at work, defeating Burundi by a convincing 4 – 2 score line at the ongoing Wafcon Tournament here in Morocco,” Letshwiti said in a post published in Botswana FA’s Facebook page.

“The Ladies’ thrilling performances (against Burundi) demonstrated beyond doubt that together we can achieve. I therefore humbly urge the Ladies to continue to show their mettle against the best in Africa. A re kgotetseng!

“Further, I wish to also thank the people of Botswana back home for their well wishes and their patriotic spirit, rallying behind this exciting team.We are more than excited about your collective support. Let’s rally more and more behind The Mares especially in the second match which is a critical encounter in the tournament with its associated pressure and international focus now squarely on The Mares.

“Nelson Mandela once said; ‘it is impossible until it is done.’

“Let’s go out once more and do it again. It’s possible!”

Meanwhile, in Monday’s second round of games in Group A, hosts Morocco and Senegal qualified for the round of eight.

Source: https://www.completesports.com/2022-wafcon-it-is-possible-to-beat-super-falcons-botswana-fa-president-letshwiti/

Re: 2022 WAFCON: ‘it Is Possible To Beat Super Falcons’ —botswana FA President by Patrickker(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
I cant say and vouch much for this Falcons. All i can see in them is an aging, tired and unmotivated squad. Now that Oshoala is out, i hope they get motivated to step up or exit the tournament in the group stage. Oshoala does not perform as much in national colours as she does for club, that i have noticed.
The coach needs to start Ordega in the first half and get her substituted, maybe, in the second half if he wants to grind out result. The slow pace of play from the falcons too is nt helping much, but cant blame a tired team like ours with many old players. I wish them the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea To Complete £34M KALIDOU KOULIBALY Transfer / Barcelona To Sign Lewandowski / She Played A Heart Out Yesterday, Let Show Love To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.