Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' (28171 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Samuel Eto'o Fils Apologises After Physically Attacking Youtuber / Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by HonNL: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
Barcelona legend Samuel Eto'o has been accused of match-fixing in Cameroon.

According to Camfoot, Eto'o, who is the president of the Cameroonian Football Federation (Fecafoot), allegedly promised to promote second division club Victoria United by manipulating matches.

Victoria United ended up getting promoted, with the federation ruling that the previous season's runner-up Stade de Bertoua was ineligible.

Recordings reportedly emerged in which Eto'o told Victoria's president Valentine Gwain, that he would help the team get promoted by manipulating referees.

Eto'o said: 'There are things we can do, but you have to be very discreet, brother.

Former Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has been accused of match-fixing in Cameroon
'I haven't even had time to get home yet. I'm out, bro. I haven't had time to get home and work with the president (of the Cameroonian referee's association) because I can't call the refs directly and tell them to be careful. But I can work with the president.'

The conversation is said to have happened after Victoria lost 1-0 in December 2022, with Gwain interrupting the game to complain about the officiating.

Eto'o was reportedly heard saying: 'Opopo (Victoria United's nickname) must go up to the first division. This is our goal (…) This is our Federation. Victoria United will go up.

'Stay calm, we will grant you the three points and we suspend the referee. But let me at least go back to Cameroon. He arrived on the 3rd (January) at night. So we'll see you in the office on the 4th. Anyway, I'm going to rule out and disqualify this referee'.

Eto'o went on to explain the importance of having a good relationship with the president of the league.

He said: 'He has the power. From there, he with his commissions will be able to suspend even the president of the referees.

'Our club, Opopo, must go up to the first division, that is our objective.'

Eto'o, who also played for Inter Milan and Chelsea, scored 56 goals in 114 caps for Cameroon.

He was elected as the president of Fecafoot in December 2021.

Mail Sport have reached out to Eto'o and the Cameroonian FA for comment. The story has also been reported by Mundo Deportivo and L'Equipe.

Eto'o reportedly told Victoria United that he would help them to get promoted to the top flight

In recordings Eto'o is said to have expressed the importance of having a good relationship with the president of the league

During his spell at Barcelona from 2004 to 2009, Eto'o scored 130 goals in 199 appearances

SOURCE

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by TemplarLandry: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
I've never liked this Etoo guy. I keep remembering how he robbed Arsenal of Champs' League trophy in 06.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by gaby(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
What a shame and disgrace.

This one don rubbish him name and image forever, ever, everrrr

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by orohbiro(f): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
Na person wey give this one Fa president na I blame . appoint song who look like a drug dealer as coach chai

35 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by madridguy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
I am not surprised at all. He learnt it from the then wuru wuru master Issa Hayatou, the then CAF president that used his office to win them few Nations cup.

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Urheadmaster(m): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
sad

Upon all the money in his possessions, he prefers troubles tongue

Stephlinks:
Eto'o don buy market

15 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Tntsi: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
"Unconstitutional" and CJN alleged mathematics comes go mind.
All eyes on the judiciary.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by NwaNimo1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Elvis2kay: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
[center][/center]
Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Sonnobax15(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
shocked
A bad one for someone like Eto,but good one for punters cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by fredoooooo: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Here we go

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by negaiyke: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Africans still dey learn match fixing compared to oyinbi

If not tell me how Dortmund, wey pick late form go take lose their last match for their home against relegation team. angry

Must - win match to carry league after almost over 7years of Bayern back to back undecided.

Eto'o ..... Carry on brother man, we're getting there grin

62 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Etoo allegedly promised to promote second division club Victoria United by manipulating matches.

Eto'o said: 'There are things we can do, but you have to be very discreet, brother.

Too bad.
Damning evidence.

The below could be true after all........

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Treasure17(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Corruption everywhere. This one learning from Tinubu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Wahala for Eto

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Could this be true.......

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Wizardslayer: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
An average Black man is corrupt minded.

No wonder Africa is far from reality.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by inoki247: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lol human being will always be human being everybody fighting for dere pocket....

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by BESTScientist1: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tins....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Eriggs: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tntsi:
Unconstitutional and CJN alleged mathematics comes go mind.
All eyes on the judiciary.
Seun osewa, is this one off topic or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Opanka44(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Oh Eto, you have soiled your hands. Hard luck to your reputation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by michlins(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
Look at how this guy ruined his beautiful career

7 Likes

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Ogunleti01: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
Devil still dey learn work for where Africans dey

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Paradigms: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
A black African represents corruption. They only make noise when they are not in position to exhibit theirs.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Tntsi: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
Eriggs:

is this one off topic or not?
Hungry unconstituonal boy why not call dss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' by Honestfrend: 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alexis Sanchez Breaks Up With Mayte Rodriguez, His Girlfriend / Arsenal Celebrates Nigeria’s 59th Independence In Pidgin / Keshi Wants Amokachi Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.