Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics (54230 Views)

Singer Ruger Isn't Blind (pics) / Ukrainian Refugee ‘snatches’ Husband From British Lady Who Housed Her (pics) / Lady Did Nude Video Call With Her Friend's Benefactor, Tried To Snatch Him (2) (3) (4)

Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Islie: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dad who left partner for Ukrainian refugee becomes carer as she's now partially blind
Tony Garnett, 29, from Bradford, defended new flame Sofiia Karkadym who he now cares for full time after she caught an eye infection in Germany while fleeing Ukraine

By Laura SharmanNews Reporter

Tony Garnett, 29, and his new girlfriend Sofiia Karkadym

A British dad who left his girlfriend for a Ukrainian refugee has given up work to become her full time carer.

Tony Garnett, 29, said it was the "right thing to do" after his new lover Sofiia Karkadym, 22, went partially blind.

The refugee suffered an eye infection in Germany en-route to the UK after fleeing her home in the city of Lviv under Vladimir Putin's brutal invasion.

Tony explained how Sofiia's condition, similar to an amoeba, has damaged her vision and said she now needs six months to recover after surgery in England.

The couple are now living together in Bradford, West Yorkshire, after Tony split from his longterm girlfriend Lorna, 28.

Earlier today, he revealed that he is no longer allowed to see his kids.

Defending their new relationship, Tony insisted Sofiia is "no homewrecker" and that she has been unfairly accused of breaking up his relationship when they fell in love.

Tony Garnett with ex Lorna

The dad, who owns his own security company, became Sofiia's sponsor and left his partner and children just over a week after she arrived at their home.

"People are painting her as a villain who has come to the UK and stolen a British man. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was a mutual decision," he told the Metro.

"It wasn’t as if we had met each other and decided then and there to move out. I was leaving regardless, because I’d had enough of Lorna who took against Sofiia straight away.

"There was a lot of drama and a lot of stress when we lived with Lorna.

"I just wanted to take Sofiia away and look after her, I wanted to help someone who was fleeing from Ukraine. She’s not a homewrecker."

Despite facing a torrent of online abuse every day, Tony said the new couple are doing "brilliantly" together.

However the pair have faced financial difficulties following Sofiia's eye operation.

Sofiia needs six months to recover from her op ( Image: Instagram)

Tony said "a weight has been lifted off our shoulders" after they moved out of the home he shared with Lorna and into their own place.

They initially moved out to his mother's home where he said they found the spark that led to global headlines before moving into rented accommodation and taking in a Bengal cat.

Sofiia Karkadym
The new couple now live together and have taken in a Bengal cat

But the council has said that it needs to be adapted before they can claim support under the Homes for Ukrainians scheme.

Tony and Sofiia might have to move for a third time after representatives visited the property as part of safeguarding checks under the scheme.

Officials said changes need to be made to the windows and fire escape which the couple have to request from their landlady.

Regardless of their housing situation, Tony said their long term goals have not changed adding that the pair hope to go into business.

The ex-tattoo artist said Sofiia could work in beauty or IT as she finishes the final modules of a university management qualification.

While he describes himself as a musician and is putting material together to share online based on his experiences of finding love with Sofiia.

Both Tony and Sofiia have been facing a torrent of abusive messages which Tony says are sent by people who do not know the full story.

He said: "In terms of the public, they don't have a clue. I am quite thick-skinned - there's two sides. I am getting men messaging me saying 'I wish I could do the same to my wife' and women asking me to run away with them.

"Sofiia is getting abuse, people calling her a home wrecker, and people talking about petitions to deport her."

He added: "I want to tell the truth. She is not a home wrecker. I chose to move her here to save her (from the war).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-who-left-partner-ukrainian-27403848

Previous thread: Ukrainian Refugee ‘snatches’ Husband From British Lady Who Housed Her (pics)
https://www.nairaland.com/7139979/ukrainian-refugee-snatches-husband-british

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by silvoclaira: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2022

I hate people who cheat on their partners regardless the gender of tha Modafvcka

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Nostring: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lol..hell truly has no fury like a woman scorned, women are just d same everywhere angry....den don blow d wayre powder grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by RedChiefPriest: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
Is this playing?
Don't tell me the wife has gone to edo people to mix bitterleaf,kolanut,4 white stone,left eye of toad and 2 virgin pepper together?
Well I go like see how this film go end.

Dj! 4 plates of palmwine with 2 cups of fufu make I use reason how this thing go end
Barman! Play me "is this karma?" by Cardi B and Chinua Achebe.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Enskynelson(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2022

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pussy s

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Felyyaks(f): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
I reserve my comments grin
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by VeryWickedMan: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Juju to the world

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mtchewww
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by nairalander2020(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
The dad, who owns his own security company, became
Sofiia's sponsor and left his partner and children just over
a week after she arrived at their home.
forgive me but the chick is hot and also a homewrecker,while the mother of his kids go be like cool

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by TheWolfen(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
Hmm.
This ain't ordinary life.
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Ballzproblemm: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
instant karma

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by TheWolfen(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Is this playing?
Don't tell me the wife has gone to edo people to mix bitterleaf,kolanut,4 white stone,left eye of toad and 2 virgin pepper together?

If u know how some people carry other people matter for head u go fear. Instagram has lots of these busy body people.
Hmm, make I no talk.

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by SavageBoy: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omorr

This life deep gann shocked

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Simplyvic18(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wetin
We go call this 1 like this

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Rayd502(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Do we call this karma?On a serious note they are some people you hurt and your life will never be the same again.

It will appear as if the forces of the universe will fight and get justice for them.

25 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
All this for clout, suddenly she has eye infection and they need money abi? security cum musician who wants to ride on the evil fame he and his Ukrainian woman managed to garner for themselves.
Anyways...I only pity his girlfriend and the kids they have together.

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by chybuzky(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Village people grin grin

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by workchopNG: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
This karma na very quick one

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by blinking001(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
Instant karma. Omoh

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Mykelslim: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Is this karma? Nope. It's just life, it hits hard

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by EmzyT: 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by money121(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Is this playing?
Well I go like see how this film go end.

DJ! 4 plates of palmwine with 2 cups of fufu make I use reason how this thing go end
Barman! Play me "is this karma?" by Cardi B and Chinua Achebe.
DJ Vawulence don land like this...

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by nkemoma(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Heeeyyyy.

Village people and Juju de everywhere...

It is a worldwide thing

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by stano2(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2022

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Nova1982: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
g
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by Pidginwhisper: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
The Wife don meet one Yoruba Aunty.

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by jkpbestseries: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
they don nack am jazz
Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Rubbish, she is recovering from an eye infection, she isn't blind. cheesy liars! And haters.

Re: Ukrainian Refugee Who ‘snatched’ Benefactor’s Husband Now Partially Blind (pics by MarianaTrench: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
That one concern dem

Made A Simple Request To My Fiancé And He Made Me Feel Bad / Nigerian Groom-to-be Smokes In The Toilet For Prewedding Photos / Lady Said "Men Are Stupid". See The Reply She Got