Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury (15508 Views)

Brazil's Gabriel Jesus Is Out Of The Rest Of The World Cup Due To Injury / 2018 African Women's Nations Cup Draw And Fixtures / Nigeria Vs Gambia: Women's Nations Cup Qualifier - 6 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by humberjade: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
9jaRealist:

She was fully…
The injury happened early in the game.

If anything, it was because she was playing “full heartedly”…
She went in full tilt for that tackle, and you could see her knee buckle upon impact.

It was similar to Ndidi’s tackle at Leicester, and I immediately suspected a similar injury…
Unfortunately, our coach’s tactic seemed to be to pump it to Oshoala to chase, and thus they kept her on.
>

Exactly.. immediately I watched the replay of the tackle, I knew she was in trouble...i was surprised she continued.

No player who places club over country would continue after that tackle.

As for her forms for Barcelona and Nigeria, while Barcelona is made of world stars, same can be said about the SF. And while Barcelona plays to her strength from all angles by making almost precise passes and crosses, nah anywhere belle face Nigeria dey play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
IMPARTIAL:
But seriously, how is this girl that good? Perpetua Nkwocha is better than her. Patience Avre was more enterprising. The late no. 10 was better. So, what's special about her? Is it her flamboyant nature?

Desire would have done better than her in this competition. Because of her, Desire is frozen out of the team.

Anyways, I wish her a speedy recovery.

NOT TRUE…

Desire was included but had to drop out because of Covid rules in Wuhan (where she’s based)…
Prior, Desire was dropped because she (as skipper) led the protest at WWC 2019 against the NFF thieves!
>

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
lakeside30:
Better o, first match she no play anything self
BigBellyBurst:
Good riddance.
Never4getU:
One lost to south africa has made her irrelevant player to the team i guess?
spydera:
You are saying good riddance to one of the only good living thing in that team! cry

Welcome to Nairaland… grin
>
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Emperorx: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
stren:
Same as we lost Osimhen in the men's tournament.
Doesn't matter. Super falcons no get rival for Africa.
And they were beaten 2:1 over confident na him dey kill us for naija

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
helinues:
South Africa beat us in our opening match..
zolajpower:
Take care asisat she's not Fit for that competition. Infact they re all struggling. South Africa will win that trophy
Emperorx:
And they were beaten 2:1 over confident na him dey kill us for naija

We should of course humbly respect all opponents…
Because it’s football, and anything can happen on the pitch.

However, SA also beat us in the group game at WAFCON 2018…
And yet we still came back to win the trophy at the end of the day.

Tournament football is like a marathon, not a sprint…
What matters is not necessarily how you start, but how you finish!

GOOD LUCK TO OUR SUPER FALCONS!

>

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by seangy4konji: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
If na prick now...dem go deh judi balabala...

Dem don use prick curse dem...

say make dem job from ibadan to lagos to collect prick,sure..no be one bastard fake ger kidnap from abuja to collect prick...person weh Sango soppose strike ontop that prick weh she go collect
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
seangy4konji:
If na prick now...dem go deh judi balabala...

Dem don use prick curse dem...

say make dem job from ibadan to lagos to collect prick,sure..no be one bastard fake ger kidnap from abuja to collect prick...person weh Sango soppose strike ontop that prick weh she go collect

Dude, take your crude and crass PRIMITIVE MISOGYNY elsewhere…smh angry
>

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Story..na she fake the injury cos she no dey fit for the tournament in the first place
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
Grandmaster2022:
Its a welcome development. A blessing in disguise.They don't give in all when playing for Nigeria.Did you watch the aisha buhari cup in Lagos. When one gift Monday will come in 5 minutes to go and do the needful.
lexy2014:
Be like say you know. I have never seen oshoala as an asset to super falcons
foreshore:
Useless player. Over rated. She was one of the reasons Nigeria lost
Tetero9:
She plays better for Barca, I pray other lads can step up.
Shugargal:
Get well soon, but you played rubbish. You're just too overrated. Falcons disappointed me that day. I was angry with myself watching that match. They lack coordination, old age too is affecting them. Bring new younger girls from our leagues and get good result, not these ones reserving themselves for their clubs.

Different tactics with Nigeria than with Barca…

Frankly, both our Oyinbo Super Falcons coaches (the last one and the current one) seem tactically limited…
All they do is try to pump the ball upfield for Oshoala to chase (and you saw how the SAs would surround her).

Perhaps, it is indeed a blessing in disguise…
As it might compel the coach to think outside the box and switch tactics, because this squad is deep with talent.
>

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
chybuzky:
Get well soon but she played nothing against Ghana self

Ghana?
Abegi, which game were you watching?! grin grin
>

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by seangy4konji: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
ARE YOU MADFrom where?YOUR FATHERS HOUSE?THIS PLACE RESEMBLE YOUR VILLAGE SQUARE...ALAYE PARK one corner...Abi gun wan kill your papa ni.who be dude.
9jaRealist:

Dude, take your crude and crass PRIMITIVE MISOGYNY elsewhere…smh angry
>
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
seangy4konji:
ARE YOU MADFrom where?YOUR FATHERS HOUSE?THIS PLACE RESEMBLE YOUR VILLAGE SQUARE...ALAYE PARK one corner...Abi gun wan kill your papa ni.who be dude.

Will not descend into the gutter and trade juvenile insults with you…
Obviously a product of a crude upbringing and clearly more experienced in gutter-sniping.

Nonetheless, when you post CRUDE MISOGYNY on a public forum…
Rest assured that the public that you address will appropriately comment or respond to it.

>
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by chybuzky(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
9jaRealist:

Ghana?
Abegi, which game were you watching?! grin grin
>

Sorry I meant south Africa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Shugargal(f): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Get well soon, but you played rubbish. You're just too overrated. Falcons disappointed me that day. I was angry with myself watching that match. They lack coordination, old age too is affecting them. Bring new younger girls from our leagues and get good result, not these ones reserving themselves for their clubs.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
chybuzky:
Sorry I meant south Africa grin grin

Perhaps it’s PTSD from the Super Eagles WCQ…. grin cheesy grin
>

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
festacman:
Likely she was never fully fit for our match against South Africa. If she was then she brought this injury to herself by playing half-heartedly. In my opinion, at this point and with her current attitude, she is placing FC Barceloba above wearing Nigeria's jersey.

May be playing without her will help.

starting Asisat was the biggest mistake of that clueless coach, she never look fit from the onset of the match

our front is not terrifying which made our back vulnerable. Oshoala out from the tournament means somebody serious should get in and make history for herself

Super Falcon match with SA was so poor, if we play the same game with Botswana we go chop 10-0
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Shugargal:

10 of the 14 players who played in the game are in their 20s…
Problem is not the players, but rather the POOR COACHING in that game.
>

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by TolaniLuv: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
englishmart:
Her presence is as inconsequential as petrol is in hell.
Her breastlessness is really worrisome

She always makes us proud . As a country! She deserves respect. What have you done for your country mad man?

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
starting Asisat was the biggest mistake of that clueless coach, she never look fit from the onset of the match

our front is not terrifying which made our back vulnerable. Oshoala out from the tournament means somebody serious should get in and make history for herself

Super Falcon match with SA was so poor, if we play the same game with Botswana we go chop 10-0

NOTHING will change if the coach simply puts in someone else to chase the same long balls…
Problem was not Oshoala but the coach’s POOR TACTICS, even a village gamemaster would’ve have figured out our long ball tactics.
>
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
cool
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by sunnyEfe: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Landowner101:
It will be very bad for the squad
Might also be a blessing In discuss .
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by sunnyEfe: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
sunnyEfe:
Might also be a blessing In discuss .
disguise*
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by chypotenti(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
Definitely Fatigue!!!!
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by VirileNelly2420: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
chybuzky:
Get well soon but she played nothing against Ghana self
Abi South Africa?
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Kajaard: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
englishmart:
Her presence is as inconsequential as petrol is in hell.
Her breastlessness is really worrisome

Why the emphasis on her breasts or lack of breasts? cheesy
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Mohbola(f): 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
This is a big blow to the team. Having started out by losing to SA in their first game they need all the stars and team work they can get
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by ofiko123(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wishing asisat oshoala quick recuperation..
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by KINGPRIEST777(m): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
[quote author=festacman post=114478729]Likely she was never fully fit for our match against South Africa. If she was then she brought this injury to herself by playing half-heartedly. In my opinion, at this point and with her current attitude, she is placing FC Barceloba above wearing Nigeria's jersey.

May be playing without her will help.[/quote
Blessing in disguise
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Papasland21: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
[Nigeria is not worth dying for, if you are not a politician milking the country. quote author=festacman post=114478729]Likely she was never fully fit for our match against South Africa. If she was then she brought this injury to herself by playing half-heartedly. In my opinion, at this point and with her current attitude, she is placing FC Barceloba above wearing Nigeria's jersey.

May be playing without her will help.[/quote]
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Matrixlord2021: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
Asisat oshoala ,so horrible.she was not fit before from the start.
She is fine for Nigeria!!!!
Find another striker.

Meanwhile Rosella ayane of Morroco is my favorite player .Ashleigh plumptr and ify onumonu love them both.

Pls help A brother in serious financial need.
Access bank
Sorry I had to do this here ,but the situation is much worse than you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case / Erik Ten Hag Gives Brutal Rating Of Manchester United’s Display VS Aston Villa / Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.