Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Dot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dot (2062 Views)

"TB Joshua Heals A Man That His Manhood Refused To Stop Being Erect" (Video) / How A Pastor Gave Him A Huge Amount Of Money Right Infront Of Congregation / 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dot by Marchman: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Dot
Re: Dot by obowunmi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
This is how Nigerian pastors has brain washed people ---- my sincere sympathies. The parents or grandparents name the child according to culture.
Re: Dot by CrazyChica: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
hmmm @ poster, what was the meaning of the names u gave ur son?!!
Re: Dot by CrazyChica: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
obowunmi:

This is how Nigerian pastors has brain washed people ---- my sincere sympathies. The parents or grandparents name the child according to culture.
no, this is how rumor mongers spread rumors. list any past u know(from person experience not hear say) that has brain washed YOU
Re: Dot by obowunmi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
and why are you following my around the forum ? undecided undecided
Re: Dot by tpia5: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
and what's wrong with the baby receiving blessings and gifts from well wishers which i believe is the point of the naming ceremony?
Re: Dot by Image123(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
It seems the issue is with your monopoly on the naming. You gave your child 3names of your own choice from your story, even the yoruba name na you. So its like your wife wants an outside person to give the 'final say', not her not you not any tribe. Just an english or what people call christian name. It's a simple issue you should give in to one another.
Blimey! the kid may even dump all of the above in future for a cute name like 'obolangido'
Re: Dot by tpia5: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^the child's names are chosen by the parents, not necessarily the minister.

the man is just saying he considers his wife's culture and beliefs unimportant.
Re: Dot by rezzy: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2011
Have you done the Owambe? The yoruba like party party, so try to organise one to please her and then she wll start calling him your native name.
Re: Dot by tpia5: 4:44am On Jul 27, 2011
btw if you folks are based in nigeria, then your relatives should have also emphasized the need for the baby to have a christening.

na wa o.

well, if the child's father is anti-God there's nothing to be done i guess.
Re: Dot by Joagbaje(m): 6:55am On Jul 27, 2011
March man:

Even before the birth of our child, I had already decided on the name we would give the boy. After his birth, I promptly named him, two Ijaw names and one Yoruba. The Mother is Yoruba. But my wife refused to call the baby his name after two weeks of delivery. Her grouse is that our pastor has not come to officially name the child! We attend Christ Embassy. I told her naming ceremony is just routine and I have been so busy. My people, who gives a child names, the parents or the pastor?

So what does she call the baby ?
But Why not complain to your pastor? At least he can correct her . What advice do you want to recieve here?
Re: Dot by CrazyChica: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
obowunmi:

and why are you following my around the forum ? 
u wish aite? i hate when pple make an unfounded statement!
Image123:

It seems the issue is with your monopoly on the naming. You gave your child 3names of your own choice from your story, even the yoruba name na you. So its like your wife wants an outside person to give the 'final say', not her not you not any tribe. Just an english or what people call christian name. It's a simple issue you should give in to one another.
Blimey! the kid may even dump all of the above in future for a cute name like 'obolangido'
lol!
Re: Dot by kodewrita(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
CrazyChica:

no, this is how rumor mongers spread rumors. list any past u know(from person experience not hear say) that has brain washed YOU
Brainwashed people will not be able to list who brainwashed them in most cases. Brainwashing simply means they totally alter your way of thinking for their own ends. And anyone can see thats a general nigerian problem.
Re: Dot by CrazyChica: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
general Nigerian problem? speak for urself please.
Re: Dot by tpia5: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
Joagbaje:

So what does she call the baby ?
But Why not complain to your pastor? At least he can correct her . What advice do you want to recieve here?

what's there to correct?

the child is still her baby and personally, i find the topic very strange.

maybe the name chosen by the op is difficult for her to pronounce and he probably didnt spend any time teaching her how to say it. And i dont see why the baby cant be called by it's yoruba name as well anyway.

i cant imagine how a simple thing like a christening is now a big problem.

na wa oh.

when some people are even praying to God to give them their own children, would christening the child generate all this wahala.
Re: Dot by Joagbaje(m): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^^^
Well I recommend it because ,we are only hearing from one side . There may be other issues untold. So the pastor would have been in  the best position to hear the two sides and correct the erring side. The woman may have good reason . Maybe maybe not.  For example what is the ijaw name. I know  many ijaw names are not too good. Especially for Christians . Some bear Funny names such as rat , frog , coco yam, spoon etc when translated to English . A spiritually enlightened woman  may not find it fascinating to call her child who knows . It's just a thought .
Re: Dot by seyibrown(f): 12:29am On Jul 29, 2011
Why is she waiting for the Pastor? The baby's name is currently 'baby'? Most parents choose names before babies are born. I think It is just down to your wife's understanding of things. You do not have to wait for a Pastor before you give a baby a name or call him/her by his name, and a Pastor really has no business choosing names for other peoples' children! Even Jesus was born in a manger far away from home - don't think they waited for a Pastor before they gave him a name! The name was already 'chosen' before Jesus was born!
Re: Dot by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2011
Shebi na pastor give her belle?
And your coming here to complain?
Re: Dot by seyibrown(f): 1:12am On Jul 29, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

[b]Shebi na pastor give her belle?[/b]And your coming here to complain?

grin grin You wicked no be small! No start anoda thing o! grin grin
Re: Dot by PastorKun(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2011
@OP
This is as a result of the brainwashing that goes on in that evil cult called CEC that you attend. Your wife desperately needs deliverance.
Re: Dot by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2011
She doesn't like the names you gave him. Why not just agree on a bible name? It's easier for everyone.
Re: Dot by mabell: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@OP
This is as a result of the brainwashing that goes on in that evil cult called CEC that you attend. Your wife desperately needs deliverance.

kunle osbobi, well done
@poster
this is not where you should discuss this, meet the leaders in your church or those in charge of baby dedication
they'll know what to do
Re: Dot by Azibalua(f): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2011
March man:

Even before the birth of our child, I had already decided on the name we would give the boy. After his birth, I promptly named him, two Ijaw names and one Yoruba. The Mother is Yoruba. But my wife refused to call the baby his name after two weeks of delivery. Her grouse is that our pastor has not come to officially name the child! We attend Christ Embassy. [b]I told her naming ceremony is just routine [/b]and I have been so busy. My people, who gives a child names, the parents or the pastor?
The naming ceremony is not just a routine,it has to do with the future of the child,and the name given matters, I think that you should find out the reasons for your wives action, and then if you still do not see reason with her report the matter to your pastor for pastoral guidance.
Re: Dot by tpia1: 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
so, how far?
Re: Dot by okeyxyz(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2013
tpia1: so, how far?

Cheii, after 2 years!! grin grin grin
Re: Dot by macof(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpia@:

btw if you folks are based in nigeria, then your relatives should have also emphasized the need for the baby to have a christening.

na wa o.

well, if the child's father is anti-God anti-Yahweh there's nothing to be done i guess.
Re: Dot by tpia5: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
okeyxyz:

Cheii, after 2 years!! grin grin grin

There's a similar thread in family section, on almost the same topic.

Difference is that one is by a female moniker while this one is from the man's pov.

So, whats wrong with asking for the update of the prior topic.

(1) (Reply)

Niki Minaj The Latest Entertainer To Mock Christians & Blaspheme Christ Publicly / Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? / Don't Skip This Short Prayer. It Might Be Your Turning Point!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.