Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,833 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread - TV/Movies (1591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread (1976571 Views)

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) ... (4305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Geezeem: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
fairygeh:
I am starting to like Doyin.She is a chic,stylish and always prim and proper.For instance the way she sits is so lady like.she will ensure she crosses her leg properly.

I like that she is chic and stylish but I hate that she is incredibly aware of the cameras making her "prim and proper"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by KIDDRICAsHAWK: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Amya:

But they did. They didn't want Mercy to win, so they poured their votes on who they though her closest competition was.

What do you mean they did? Were they under a spell shocked shocked? Mike was the voice behind the body odour tag.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Geezeem: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
AwkaFinest:

You mean babies with flat front and back? Babies that will look like plank?

Sheggz has ass... his daughter will get from him, his sons can be planks.... it helps their permanent site lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Rosalinda1988(f): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks for always spitting facts.

safarigirl:

I would not change my bathing soap because of anybody, even if na Burna Boy and Tiwa Savage dey advertise the soap.

Dem no dey waste money, some people will still go and buy the soap because of that pair. And they are show sponsors, the ad is part of their package. The whole house is using Unik soap.

People who like to try new things will try it, people who like Tacha and Cross enough to try it will buy, some may just buy to support them, and give it out, people with sensitive skins will not try it.

To each their own.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nozino: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

I agree, Hermes has a unique look. I saw one of his earlier pictures and he looked like a Calvin Klein model. If you notice, Models working in Europe and even America, the land of Racism use very dark-skinned men/women with. They would prefer an Allyson to an Erica/Nengi.

It is only in Africa and Asia that we choose to damage our skin with bleaching agents that can cause devastating health conditions.

It’s how you people assume any light skinned person is bleaching!! Besides, I wonder why dark skin is use to represent the whole of Africa when a significant population in sub Sahara Africa countries are light skinned. Europeans are pushing the narrative that Africans are very dark skinned, using south Sudanese models to represent an entire continent instead of showing how diverse we are, how different our skin tones are. People like you support this bias representation and it is quite sad.

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by IdiaofBenin: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nozino:

It’s how you people assume any light skinned person is bleaching!! Besides, I wonder why dark skin is use to represent the whole of Africa when a significant population in sub Sahara Africa countries are light skinned. Europeans are pushing the narrative that Africans are very dark skinned, using south Sudanese models to represent an entire continent instead of showing how diverse we are, how different our skin tones are. People like you are support this bias representation and it is quite sad.

You are getting me wrong, of course I know that we have a rich array of skin tones from the dark brown to bright yellow. What I am saying is that the entertainment industry in this country encourage dark skinned girls to bleach their skin to be seen as desirable. Is that not wrong?

The same Europeans you are criticising for only using dark-skinned models also colonised Africa and Asia and enforced the white standard of beauty which is still used to this day.

Personally, we should celebrate our NATURAL skin tone in all shades.

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Eeghe(f): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Alheeri:
Doyin Doyin jokingly telling kunle you can give Hermes meat but you dint give I and Allyson...lol moi doyin cheesy

Rico Swarvey babe, you like Doyin?
cool
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nozino: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

You are getting me wrong, of course I know that we have a rich array of skin tones from the dark brown to bright yellow. What I am saying is that the entertainment industry in this country encourage dark skinned girls to bleach their skin to be seen as desirable. Is that not wrong?

The same Europeans you are criticising for only using dark-skinned models also colonised Africa and Asia and enforced the white standard of beauty which is still used to this day.

Is the solution to skin bleaching trying to brainwash people especially children that they are less than their dark skin counterparts? My 5 year old niece wasn’t cast to play the role of an African Queen because she’s very light skinned. She cried for weeks! How’s this healthy?

Europeans are trying to be woke by casting eccentric models. We know that the very limited sample we see on tv doesn’t represent the diverse skin tone we have. Why can’t we praise all skin tone? Why is black (read dark skin) beautiful? Is light skin ugly ?

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by IdiaofBenin: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nozino:

Is the solution to skin bleaching trying to brainwash people especially children that they are less than their dark skin counterparts? My 5 year old niece wasn’t cast to play the role of an African Queen because she’s very light skinned. She cried for weeks! How’s this healthy?

Europeans are trying to be woke by casting eccentric models. We know that the very limited sample we see on tv doesn’t represent the diverse skin tone we have. Why can’t we praise all skin tone? Why is black (read dark skinned) beautiful? Is light skin ugly ?

I am sorry that your daughter was told she couldn't be an African Queen. re-read my old post, I made some corrections.

I said we must appreciate black skin in all shades and we shouldn't pressure our dark skin girls to bleach their skin to work in other to work in Nollywood/Music/Modelling industry.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Alheeri: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Eeghe:

Rico Swarvey babe, you like Doyin?
cool
Rico swarvey No but Leo and Alex
Doyin Yassss smiley

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Eeghe(f): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Threebear:

Every season I have a favorite and others I like.
Last season was Maria and then I liked Peré .
Last two seasons was Ozo and then I liked Nengi .
Last three seasons Mike and then I liked Mercy .
Last four seasons Miracle and I liked Nina and CeeC.
This season Sheggz and I like Bella and Hermes .
Nothing new here ... cheesy
Or am I not permitted to like more than one person?

My Gawd you made this place a party for us (finding our feet from our forum, we had scoped this forum a little during See Gobe, after Gifty was evicted)
The silly mentions when Teddy A'ed Bambam
The wild name switches- Queenofhell, Chinyere or so
the silly silly anecdotes , a few in my head still
the bulling of Team Miracle for shipping, and when you caved
the bullying for Toracle
Mad days
cheesy
(The first and only time we supported same people)
Hermes is a mutual tho
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by sammyesx: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Omo wetin sup,, everywhere dry ooh
Abih Sheggz dey sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nozino: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

I am sorry that your daughter was told she couldn't be an African Queen. re-read my old post, I made some corrections.

I said we must appreciate black skin in all shades and we shouldn't pressure our dark skin girls to bleach their skin to work in other to work in Nollywood/Music/Modelling industry.

Thank you. I just think we are trying to over compensate dark skin people for the preference or benefits we think light skinned people enjoy. This compensation is bordering on oppression and it isn’t healthy at all. All skin tones are beautiful.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Eeghe(f): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Alheeri:

Rico swarvey No but Leo and Alex
Doyin Yassss smiley

It's true sorry I remember... you were for LeoLex
Agbgift was for Rico
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Rosalinda1988(f): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
@Safarigirl, AmazonTopaz, Endure207, IgwaravwelG, Lightway

SO PHYNA IS ACTUALLY PLAYING A GAME, I THOUGHT MY GIRL HAS LOST FOCUS NI O.....WOW! PHYNA IS ACTUALLY SMART, THIS ONE SHOCK ME EVEN THE THING SHOCK AMAKA ����

https://twitter.com/Nation1Don/status/1560258001793339392?s=19

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Rosalinda1988:
@Safari girl, Amazo nTopaz, Endur e207, Igwarav welG, Lightwa y

SO PHYNA IS ACTUALLY PLAYING A GAME, I THOUGHT MY GIRL HAS LOST FOCUS NI O.....WOW! PHYNA IS ACTUALLY SMART, THIS ONE SHOCK ME EVEN THE THING SHOCK AMAKA ����

I saw it too.
I love her abeg cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by IdiaofBenin: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nozino:

Thank you. I just think we are trying to over compensate dark skin people for the preference or benefits we think light skinned people enjoy. This compensation is bordering on oppression and it isn’t healthy at all. All skin tones are beautiful.

I know what you mean, I call it white guilt or pressure after Black Lives Matter (which is a scam hustle by the way) to be inclusive, I see it and I find it disingenuous but they created the problem and they are trying to fix the problem albeit badly. Chances are that I, a dark-skinned girl would have more opportunities in Europe or America than in Nigeria, is that not problematic to you? Lupita would not be able to find work in Nollywood/Nigerian Modelling industry, you and I know that.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Rosalinda1988(f): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
I NO DEY STAN RUBBISH ABEG....I PAKISTAN GALLANTLY.... QUEEN PHYNA FOR 100M

AmazonTopaz:

I saw it too.
I love her abeg cheesy

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by carammel(f): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nozino:

Europeans are trying to be woke by casting eccentric models. We know that the very limited sample we see on tv doesn’t represent the diverse skin tone we have. Why can’t we praise all skin tone? Why is black (read dark skin) beautiful? Is light skin ugly ?
I so wish i can like this more.
Sorry about your niece

The narrative that all Africans are dark and should be dark is disturbing.

When anyone wants to portray an African esp the europeans, they bring out a black person reason fine lightskinned men like Groovy get bullied and discriminated upon in the modeling world for being themselves which is no fault of theirs and not fit into the african look narrative

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by endure207(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Yea I saw it too grin grin grin I knew it grin grin grin
Rosalinda1988:
@Safarigirl, AmazonTopaz, Endure207, IgwaravwelG, Lightway

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Rosalinda1988:
I NO DEY STAN RUBBISH ABEG....I PAKISTAN GALLANTLY.... QUEEN PHYNA FOR 100M

As Phynation members when be desert us hear say na game dem don dey run renew stanship.

Some of them were right when they said she was cruising oo I just accepted it as a phase before self may the best gamer win abeg.

I am just glad that she will not kill herself because of Chomzy since she is self-aware of everything even this morning she told Daniella that she was sure that she will be getting drags for her relationship with Groovy aunty kukuma say she did not attend any marriage or introduction between the two of them I burst laugh.
She entertained me last night I renew my stanship again. She said she will show us every side of Phyna I dey watch oo grin

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Eeghe(f): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Geezeem:

I like that she is chic and stylish but I hate that she is incredibly aware of the cameras making her "prim and proper"

Sheggz looks for the cameras more than anyone in the house though
Alyson too (have caught her twice)
Both rather negligible cos I have faved a camera-whorre before lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Titaniumental: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Geezeem:

lol.... na house still get them every week, who tasks win help? grin
Azin ehn

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Titaniumental: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2022
Always trending,everyday,all day

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Eeghe(f): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

Personally, we should celebrate our NATURAL skin tone in all shades.

PeriodT Periodically
Thanks for making Nature smile
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by kUNLEMYBARBECUE(f): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Eeghe:

Sheggz looks for the cameras more than anyone in the house though
Alyson too (have caught her twice)
Both rather negligible cos I have faved a camera-LovePeddler before lipsrsealed
Go gal cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nozino: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
carammel:

I so wish i can like this more.
Sorry about your niece

The narrative that all Africans are dark and should be dark is disturbing.

When anyone wants to portray an African esp the europeans, they bring out a black person reason fine lightskinned men like Groovy get bullied and discriminated upon in the modeling world for being themselves which is no fault of theirs and not fit into the african look narrative

Thank you. As someone that is very light skinned, I can confirm that light skinned people in Nigeria are discriminated against. In our work place, at church etc. We’ve seen it play out on BBN. Mixed race housemates or light skinned housemate always attract unnecessary hate.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by DamianX: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
See Phyna looking and acting all girly. Watnhappen.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by carammel(f): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

I know what you mean, I call it white guilt or pressure after Black Lives Matter (which is a scam hustle by the way) to be inclusive, I see it and I find it disingenuous but they created the problem and they are trying to fix the problem albeit badly. Chances are that I, a dark-skinned girl would have more opportunities in Europe or America than in Nigeria, is that not problematic to you? Lupita would not be able to find work in Nollywood/Nigerian Modelling industry, you and I know that.
This is not true, there are darkskinned women in the entertainment industry and they are top tier.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
Modella talks too look like drought embarassed cry
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Opemipo011: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
IdiaofBenin:

Not with that stiff performance grin
she probably meant she may have loosened up more and connected, if she was paired with shege.. the earlier she adjust and get ready to be paired with anybody, the better for her game.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Oyetunde49: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
Doyin is obsessed with Deji, always talking about him. The girl really has a problem. She eventually told Allyson that he's a fake house mate. Dumb girl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) ... (4305) (Reply)

Korean Movies Chatroom / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.