Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,561 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:36 PM

BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread - TV/Movies (2570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread (1978721 Views)

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (4305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by IGoComotYaTeeth: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hohenheim:
Abeg Phyna is not topping o, my sources told me she's at the bottom 5 o. Please dash her some votes embarassed embarassed embarassed
for lying, I will not dash her votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Twoclans(f): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ihavethingstodo:

Na that snake go swallow you undecided, you better go and vote!!!!

angry

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Froshloaded: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Adekunle thinks Amaka and Doyin are strong contenders, that's why he nominated them..
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Yuneehk(f): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
dochenaj:
Girl, the way you love this show so much. You should audition for next season.
Who is this
Please, face your front.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Lhimeet(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Keep voting for Hermes

Man like Hermes
cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by innocentdude(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sanqa:
Shocking revelations this week...for me:
Bella is stronger than shegz
[/b]Hermes will not be in the top 5[b]
Groovy may make top 5
Allyson, Diana, Gidifia & Eloswag are the weakest links
Daniella is stronger than at least 11 housemates
The winner will come from level 2
OMG.....I think you may be right embarassed

Nah not may be, I'm certain of it you are definitely right undecided
On close observation and analysis of all factors, you are absolutely correct undecided
Infact not only would Hermes not make top 5, I also fear he may be last in the votes cry

So to reassure me and to wipe away the tears of this stagerring realisation

Kindly adhere to the below photo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
Alamkir:

Leave them they are all hypocrites
There's no hypocrisy there. Unlike Doyin, Allysyn is not on everyone's business. She's warm and tender, does her best and doesn't backbite, or infuse the element of discord between friends or supposed 'ships'...

She might not be a major contributor to a group task but she has other likeable attributes people naturally gravitate to. She's playful, a happy-go around.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by davodyguy: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2022

Ervin K. Darko
@GhanaianThe
Giddyfia is a lesson to all of us. The person who laughs loudest with you is the one who would stab you in the back. He is real Traitor, a judas, and a dangerous snake under grass in #BBNaija7. Amaka who loved him is the one he evicted and ended up demanding for her Wager food.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by prewtyjulie(f): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sweetpink:

Amaka ruined her game by herself.
Let’s dead this narrative and move on Abeg!

I will not move on, come n tie rope around my neck n drag me na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by NozinoGroup: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
dominique:

Dọtun is not even up for eviction, how did he make this your ojuelegba top 10 grin

Sha just vote Phyna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by NozinoGroup: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sanqa:

And there's Dotun in your top 10?

Vote Phyna
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by NozinoGroup: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
nazablossom:

Their "distasteful" relationship is still better than Phyna's desperate ship with Groovy undecided

Hermes oversabi is still better than someone shouting "who dey" every second undecided

You want to campaign for your fave by bringing others down. Welldone!!

Vote Phyna
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by prewtyjulie(f): 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Anchor535:

Of course she'd embarrassed, she'll see how she told Diana & Giddyfia & even d Sanitary pad issue. Amaka played & shot herself dirty. Dead that matter & move on.

Move on no b by force na, allow me wail for injustice
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Go and vote Hermes o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Giel: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
Adekunle nominated Doyin and Amaka
He felt a lot of people in the house were working with a strategy and he felt dumb for not thinking of working with one. He felt both of them (Amaka and Doyin) were working with a strategy and He felt they were really strong out of the house and so it's best to put up the strong competitors
He was surprised Amaka got evicted. it was his first time interacting with and eviction since his level won HoH all time time.

How will the nominations change his attitude in the house.
He's at a cross road. Especially now it seems like almost everyone is working with a strategy and he doesn't know if he should still consider being himself or if he should consider working with a strategy. He is paying more attention to people now.
He doesn't know if he will be disappointed in himself if he does anything other than being himself.He is still on the fence with being himself or having a strategy

On if he feels the house made the best decision.
Adekunle: it's difficult to say. For a weird reason Amaka has been getting into a lot of back and forts in the house so it wasn't surprising in a way that people put her up but it also shows that a lot of people were saying that she can be their friends. She can talk to them but they still put her up.
He feels people were having side talks with each other and the game has changed and he will find a way to protect himself..

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
innocentdude:

OMG.....I think you may be right embarassed

Nah not may be, I'm certain of it you are definitely right undecided
On close observation and analysis of all factors, you are absolutely correct undecided
Infact not only would Hermes not make top 5, I also fear he may be last in the votes cry

So to reassure me and to wipe away the tears of this stagerring realisation

Kindly adhere to the below photo
grin grin grin

Rather than focus on their fav,they make out time to decampaign Hermes.

I'm not Delloitte to determine who has a bigger fan base so therefore, I think it's a foolish thing to brag about. I dont stan a housemate because I think he or she could win. I look for personality traits I fancy. Why can't people do this instead of bandwagonism. That way, one wouldn't care if their fav wins or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Iceteam7: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Dynamites... don't sleep oh or think Daniella has fans and she is save...

Vote for our Girl Daniella

She doesn't have immunity oh...

Abeg vote Daniella....

Daniella is not safe untill Ebuka says she is save....

Daniella sweetim till next week...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Ibukzy: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Islanders Vote vote vote vote

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Ibukzy: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pls tell, how did I judge him?
PimpasParadise:

As many times as he uses those so called words, it's also imperative to note that he uses them in the right context. He just likes to use them.

If you're patient to hear him and not in a hurry to judge you'll at least acknowledge that.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Giel: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Adekunle said in his diary session that he felt the house is too comfortable and he wants to shake them up this week
Big brother then asked him why the onus is on him and he says someone has to do it. It might as well be him. As the first born a lot of times things fall on him. The house is dishing disrespect and it's time they get some disrespect back.
Big brother then said next time win HoH
Adekunle said yes he will try to win next time.
Lmao

Adekunle big brother is telling you that you are overdoing and you don't have the right to tell anyone what to do until you're HoH but will you listen? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Amya(f): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
LordTheus:

The math has been done. However, If you're going to hinge your arguments on the Instagram followership of housemates, then I should probably bring to your attention that Cameron Cole, the winner of the latest Big Brother UK 19 (2018) has only 26.3k followers on Instagram. The previous winner of BBUK 18 (2017), Isabelle Warburton has just 80.5k followers.

If we should compare and contrast from the BBUS winners of the same years, we'll find that the 2017 winner of BBUS Josh Martinez has 231k followers on Instagram. The 2018 winner Kaycee Clark has 493k on the same app.
Picture 1: 2018 BBUK winner Instagram
Picture 2: 2018 BBUS winner Instagram

In light of this, let's examine the next few statements in your post...

The Nigerian version of the series adopted the European voting system, which was popularized by Big Brother UK.

Now, if truly, as you claim, viewer participation is the sole causal factor behind Big Brother Housemate followership, then how come Big Brother celebrities from America and Canada happen to be more popular and/or have more followers than their British counterparts? Remember, the UK version of BB allows audience to fully decide, via voting, who stays and who goes. Therefore, there is complete viewer participation.

** This is only semantics but I just thought I should remind you that by Western TV series, I'm talking of both American and the UK.

Your argument would have been more compelling if your claim that there is a causal relationship between viewer participation and housemate followership were true, but as shown above, the connection doesn't exist.

The reason BB isn't as big in the western world as it is here is simply because of the plethora of other reality shows available with equal or higher popularity. Big Brother in the western world is just a run of the mill. Compare it to The Kardashians for example. In Nigeria, Big Brother has complete domination over the reality TV world.

I don't agree with this assertion. In fact, I find it a little bit spurious. The American BB version is objectively far more entertaining and engaging in terms of the strategy and alliances and manipulation that is exhibited. The gameplay format also influenced other competitions like Survivor, The Challenge etc.

If you were making the argument that BBUS is amoral and apathetic towards housemates' integrity and moral values, that's a different argument. But the truth is BBUS embodies the social, psychological nuances of the series' source material, 1984 by George Orwell. And it embodies it far better than the British or African versions ever could. The psychological manipulation, power control, the intentional distortion of previous events that happened, the use of rhetoric, betrayal etc.

I can argue that all of these makes for more compelling and dramatic reality TV that keeps viewers invested. Ultimately, it comes down to preference. You can't just assume that nobody has any emotional investment to BBUS because there is no audience participation.... Oh wait there actually is because the audience still get to vote for their favorite housemate at the end of the series and the highest voted is announced on the same night of the real winner. So....

I agree with you here. The twists this year have been bland and/or careless. The organizers need to do better. The housemate voting twist was handled better in Big Brother Lockdown.

You should know that things are not generally black or white. Their are several variables that come into play that lends credence to present realities.

Now to your question on why the UK BB winners do not have great social media followings since they use the same voting pattern as us here in Naija. First, you can't compare UK population to Naija population. secondly, it isn't just Nigerians invested in BBN, the entire continent is also invested.

The US population at 300m+ is closer to Naija in population and so can be be rightly compared to each other when it has to do with the social media followings of both alumnis. If the BBUS winners of the last 5 years haven't crossed the 500k followers mark despite the fact that some have become regulars on the Challenge, then I think emotional investment on BBN by the viewers is a contributing factor to why our BB Alumnis here have a higher followership in comparison to their western counterpart. On that note, I do agree with some of the points you raised.

While i think the voting pattern in the US is a factor contributing to the low fanbase/followership, I also think it isn't restricted to that alone. Like you rightly said, several reality tv show options and I might add several streaming services (all on monthly subscriptions) automatically reduce the viewership. Here, we just have DSTV/GOTV used by a sizable number of the continent of Africa. So yeah, more viewership. More viewership translates to more social followership. Also, the live feed which we enjoy on DSTV at no extra cost. attracts an additional cost to subscribers. So a lot people just end up watching the daily episodes. They might enjoy the show as a whole, but they might end up not being fanatics like you're prone to see here in naija.

Lordtheus please don't reply with another epistle. you're right. YOU WIN!

I have headache. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Demnan: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
And I ask again, how is Allyson different? Minus being in people's business which he didn't cite as a reason
PimpasParadise:

Hermes' reasons for nominating and not really liking Doyin is same as others that don't like her or are fed up of her.

She's not challenging personality-wise, she's always in everyone's business, she takes more than she gives. And her contribution to the 'collective' as an 'individual' is rather non-existent. Above all, she's more of a people-dependent person as opposed to being an independent individual.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by davodyguy: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2022

Amaka is more likely to skip a shower for a week. - Kess
Star of #BBNaijaLevelUp Kess shares with us some of his funniest experiences while living in the Big Brother Level Up house.
Brought to you by LUSH HAIR
https://fb.watch/fdNjirKTLK/
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Demnan: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Do you know what brought up this issue of discord? It was Adekunle that insinuated that and as human beings are wont to, the others started seeing a parallel with their own problem that if someone didn't insinuate would never have seen
PimpasParadise:

There's no hypocrisy there. Unlike Doyin, Allysyn is not on everyone's business. She's warm and tender, does her best and doesn't backbite, or infuse the element of discord between friends or supposed 'ships'...

She might not be a major contributor to a group task but she has other likeable attributes people naturally gravitate to. She's playful, a happy-go around.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Geezeem:

That ship that never was still dey pain me till tomorrow lipsrsealed

I will never be able to enjoy the forced groophy ship... never!
If Chomzy can offer him more than what he is gaining from Phyna. Will Chomzy cook and feed him?

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Demnan: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
Adekunle likes this thing. Making other HMs out to be ingenuine and himself as a saint without artifice
Giel:
Adekunle nominated Doyin and Amaka
He felt a lot of people in the house were working with a strategy and he felt dumb for not thinking of working with one. He felt both of them (Amaka and Doyin) were working with a strategy and He felt they were really strong out of the house and so it's best to put up the strong competitors
He was surprised Amaka got evicted. it was his first time interacting with and eviction since his level won HoH all time time.

How will the nominations change his attitude in the house.
He's at a cross road. Especially now it seems like almost everyone is working with a strategy and he doesn't know if he should still consider being himself or if he should consider working with a strategy. He is paying more attention to people now.
He doesn't know if he will be disappointed in himself if he does anything other than being himself.He is still on the fence with being himself or having a strategy

On if he feels the house made the best decision.
Adekunle: it's difficult to say. For a weird reason Amaka has been getting into a lot of back and forts in the house so it wasn't surprising in a way that people put her up but it also shows that a lot of people were saying that she can be their friends. She can talk to them but they still put her up.
He feels people were having side talks with each other and the game has changed and he will find a way to protect himself..

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by NozinoGroup: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sweetpink:
If Phyna leaves on Sunday,who would we watch? The distasteful situationship between the failed street football player and Ekuke? The boring and invisible Bryan? The rude and spoiled brat called Bryan?The dirty and demonic Hermes who was sent by Satan? Who?
Phyna should be voted for by all lovers of BBN!!!

Please vote Phyna and enjoy yourself!!!!’

Why are you stealing my intellectual property?

Thank you for campaigning for Phyna.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Demnan:
And I ask again, how is Allyson different? Minus being in people's business which he didn't cite as a reason
If afrer all you read in my post you're still asking how different Allysyn is from Doyin, then maybe it's an obvious bias.

Or wouldn't you rather ask the housemates that think such of Doyin. Perhaps you could tell me why the housemates, not one not two, three four or even ten feel the way they do about Doyin ?
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Demnan: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
No, he won't. He is the messianic saint
Giel:
Adekunle said in his diary session that he felt the house is too comfortable and he wants to shake them up this week
Big brother then asked him why the onus is on him and he says someone has to do it. It might as well be him. As the first born a lot of times things fall on him. The houses are dishing disrespect and it's time they get some disrespect back.
Big brother then said next time win HoH
Adekunle said yes he will try to win next time.
Lmao

Adekunle big brother is telling you that you are overdoing and you don't have the right to tell anyone what to do until you're HoH but will you listen? undecided

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Demnan: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
I already answered why the HMs think so. Even yesterday, Adekunle still tried to make Doyin a snake to Allyson and after saying all he had to say, told Allyson not to mention their discussion with Doyin
PimpasParadise:

If afrer all you read in my post you're still asking how different Allysyn is from Doyin, then maybe it's an obvious bias.

Or wouldn't you rather ask the housemates that think such of Doyin. Perhaps you could tell me why the housemates, not one not two, three four or even ten feel the way they do about Doyin ?

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
Demnan:
Do you know what brought up this issue of discord? It was Adekunle that insinuated that and as human beings are wont to, the others started seeing a parallel with their own problem that if someone didn't insinuate would never have seen
Bottom line is somehow somehow, Doyin is involved.

Cant you see the pattern? Ade said this Amaka did that Modella told me this, I hate Deji ,I feel Cyph is not the one.

Haba!

Carry your Doyin like a cupcake and put her in your fridge for a sec, maybe she'll at least be a chilled babe and the house will be cool with her for once

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Demnan:
I already answered why the HMs think so. Even yesterday, Adekunle still tried to make Doyin a snake to Allyson and after saying all he had to say, told Allyson not to mention their discussion with Doyin
The puzzle here to solve is Doyin. She's the connector grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (4305) (Reply)

Korean Movies Chatroom / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.