Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi (1061 Views)

2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi / I Prefer Younger Running Mate, Not Old Politicians – Peter Obi / Chaotic Ports Require Fresh Ideas - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Quickstory: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Wednesday, opened up on his choice of running mate, saying he preferred a younger person as vice-presidential candidate.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-4aKEFejA

The former Anambra State governor stated this while featuring on Arise TV Morning Show.

He added that he prefers a younger person who has something to offer to complement his ticket rather than recycling old hands who had been in the government before now.

When asked to clarify social media rumours that he had picked a businessman and politician, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, as his vice-presidential candidate, Obi noted that though consultations are ongoing, he was yet to pick a running mate.

He said, “We’re talking to a quite number of people and Baba-Ahmed is a capable hand and I wish he is the one. But I wish I can work with somebody who is more younger.

“I prefer younger people with fresh ideas who have a lot to offer rather than recycling old hands. I want a competent person and I am building a formidable team.

“I want people who can look me in the eye and disagree with me during cabinet meetings. People who have their own minds and ideas. If you agree with me in three meetings then you are gone because that means you don’t have your own ideas. I want people and cabinet members who can say ‘Mr. President, you are wrong’.”

On when he will release his manifesto, he said rather than a manifesto, he had practiced all that he is preaching and the records are there for Nigerians to verify.

“I have replicated all that I am promising Nigerians before. It would be the same thing. What I did in Anambra and what I achieved is what we will replicate on a larger scale. We want Nigeria to become the engine of production,” the presidential candidate said.

The former Peoples Democratic Party chieftain noted that despite the campaigns of calumny online and rumours that northerners won’t vote for him during the 2023 election, he believed that Nigerians and people from the north will vote for him based on competence.

“I am contesting to be Nigeria’s president to solve the country’s problem and not because I am from a part or region of the country.

“We need to do things that will bring people hope. Nigerians must be proud of this country and that is what I planned to do,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-i-prefer-younger-running-mate-peter-obi/%3famp

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
This man is tooooo wise grin

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Totilopussylick(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ChiefSosa(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
Peter Obi has proven himself beyond ALL measures as the BEST presidential candidate. He has brought out EVERYTHING about himself, including the solutions to our problems. What else do you people want from him? Do you want him to bring out his Gbolaga?

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Gohs: 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
This man na correct man! grin

I like the way Obi thinks cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ChiefSosa(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba
Get ready for agbado and yam. U go chop am so tey u go nearly faint. Ur shit go strong like werey. Waa je agbado emi e afebo

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
After watching peter obi today i checked my pvc card and thank God it is still in other i wait patiently like a hungry dog awaits its meal to vote for him

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ExplorerReturns(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Well said Mr President. The Nigerian youths are with you
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by popez: 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
Our incoming President. Carry on Sir!!

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by christejames(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
That's a great and noble idea, having technocrats in government should be the main thing now...

Obi is far ahead of others, no wonder even sowore seats down to learn from the man filled with wisdom cheesy

Nigeria must progress.

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Rutheby(f): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
christejames:
That's a great and noble idea, having technocrats in government should be the main thing now...

Obi is far ahead of others, no wonder even sowore seats down to learn from the man filled with wisdom cheesy

Nigeria must progress.

Yes! Nigeria must progress.

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
On Peter Gregory Obi Mandate I Stand Gidigba
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by SHINJA: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
How will a sensible individual leave Peter obi and vote for a dead man?

We the yoruba Christians will vote for Okoro obi..

God Bless Southsouth and southwest

One brothers

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Perfectbeing(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
This man just dey talk wetin people wan here. The attribute of a scammer

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Joey4321: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Perfectbeing:
This man just dey talk wetin people wan here. The attribute of a scammer

What do you think his true intentions are?
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Perfectbeing(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
Joey4321:

What do you think his true intentions are?
To be President.

He's building his ambition on lies.

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by famology(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
And you were begging kwankwaso for months? This guy lies effortlessly.

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Joey4321: 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
Perfectbeing:
To be President.

He's building his ambition on lies.

I think he tells some lies as well. But what do you think his evil intentions truly are that his supporters do not see?
Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ChiefSosa(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
famology:
And you were begging kwankwaso for months? This guy lies effortlessly.
Lies! When you don't have light to watch TV, you can't subscribe to DSTV, you don't have enough data to access Twitter or other quality sites, how do you expect to access quality information??
Anyway, It was Doyin Okupe that approached Kwankwaso not Peter Obi.
The talks about merging LP and NNPP ended over 4 weeks ago, because Kwankwaso was being tribalistic; he believed there was nothing wrong with him, a northerner, ruling for another 8 years after Buhari, another northerner, had already ruled. Doyin Okupe thought it wasn't fair, so he ended the talk immediately. Kwankwaso is only bringing it up now because he wants to trend along with Peter Obi.
Here's a link, access it, so you want come online to embarrass yourself further.:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/06/2023-peter-obi-kwankwaso-merger-has-been-dead-for-four-weeks-doyin-okupe-makes-revelations/?amp=1

Re: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by techWriter3: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
This man is tooooo wise

Biggest Yoruba Pastor Vs Biggest Igbo Pastor / Dear Gov. Sanwoolu, What Can I Do At 2am When My Car Is Overheating At Bus-stop? / Don't Vote For Dose That Will Be Carried To Places On Wheelchair - Peter Obi