Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? (13691 Views)

2023: INEC Picks Holes In New Electoral Act, Seeks Practice Direction / 10 Things To Know About The New Electoral Act / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Enyimbafc: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
2023 general election is not far, will the new electoral law prevent rigging or is it just another worthless scheme introduced by apc government to rig?

8 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Feadalezchicken: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Let’s watch and see

1 Like

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Enyimbafc: 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
Enyimbafc:
2023 general election is not far,will the new electoral law prevent rigging or is it just another worthless scheme introduce by apc government to rig.
PresObi

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Enyimbafc:
2023 general election is not far,will the new electoral law prevent rigging or is it just another worthless scheme introduce by apc government to rig.
It is not a worthless scheme.It will go a long way in eliminating stuffing of ballot boxes, writing of results and magic at INEC collation centres

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Dannyset(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

It is not a worthless scheme.It will go a long way in eliminating stuffing of ballot boxes, writing of results and magic at INEC collation centres

Yea, it will reduce bloated figures but it won't eliminate rigging totally, as there are other ways rigging can be done.

Trust Politicians at your peril. Be sure they are currently working on how to bypass all the measures put in place by INEC.

I still want in-depth analyses of how the BIVAS can terminate malpractice though.

36 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by DMerciful(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
If not the new electoral law, I'd have said Obi stands no chance but with non-use of incident forms, electronic collation and transmission, Obi will win.

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dannyset:

Yea, it will reduce bloated figures but it won't eliminate rigging totally, as there are other ways rigging can be done.

Trust Politicians at your peril. Be sure they are currently working on how to bypass all the measures put in place by INEC.

I still want in-depth analyses of how the BIVAS can terminate malpractice though.
Just discuss further after the Osun elections

5 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dannyset:

No polling station must record votes above the number accredited by the BVAS machine.

Results from each polling unit will immediately be uploaded to the INEC portal

58 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by helinues: 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
May be partially
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Dannyset(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

No polling station must record votes above the number accredited by the BVAS machine.

Results from each polling unit will immediately be uploaded to the INEC portal

All these are still greatly dependent on the party agent at the PU.

If he's compromised, all votes can be allocated to a party, while the ballot is destroyed.

But I get, it will to some extent reducebit

5 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Dannyset(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Just discuss further after the Osun elections

Ok
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by IgOga(m): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Enyimbafc:

It seem to prevent rigging in Ekiti election....results appeared on inec portal in real time....that's a massive improvement to results changing at coalition centers overnight.

Also the likes of Senate president can no longer use political power to bully duly elected candidates at party primaries.....ask Akpabio and many national assembly members who are now retired from loss of party primary

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Bobloco: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
It will reduce it to an extent
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Foolishbuhari: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dannyset:

All these are still greatly dependent on the party agent at the PU.

If he's compromised, all votes can be allocated to a party, while the ballot is destroyed.

But I get, it will to some extent reducebit
The ballot paper must be presented as evidence for keeps.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Foolishbuhari: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Vote buying and voter suppression are the only ways to majorly influence elections now.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Kingspin(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
Yahoo INEC under Yakubu remain a challenge

5 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Parachoko: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kingspin:
Yahoo INEC under Yakubu remain a challenge
He is trying his best

He is far better than Maurice Iwu.

18 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Kingspin(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
He is trying his best

He is far better than Maurice Iwu.
I know but the only thing I want to fix head-on is the issue of vote-buying?

Allow people to cast votes at polling units without exposing them to vote buying). Secret voting is key.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Dannyset(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

The ballot paper must be presented as evidence for keeps.

That's not totally true.

What if the presiding officer is attacked and the ballots got snatched or burnt after recording the results, will INEC reject the results? No sir!

2 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Foolishbuhari: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2022
Dannyset:

That's not totally true.

What if the presiding officer is attacked and the ballots got snatched or burnt after recording the results, will INEC reject the results? No sir!
The votes from the PU would be voided

6 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Dannyset(m): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

The votes from the PU would be voided

Is that the law? If yes, then that makes a lot of sense.

Sincerely, INEC has improved and they are not our problem, but politicians.

12 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Udemzy05: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2022
It won't but will reduce it.

3 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2022
For where? It might just reduce the chances of rigging considering that politicians are focusing on vote buying.
I know APC is determined to rig this election but the youths pass them

7 Likes

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by eleko1: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2022
sad
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by Siggysaga: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2022
Hmm. Let's watch and see. I pray for such
*sips kaikai
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by MufasaLion: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2022
Eliminate? No!

Reduce? Yes!

1 Like

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by siaco(m): 8:39am On Jul 07, 2022
I believe it will to an extent, maybe by 80-90%

1 Like

Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by SweetVibe: 8:41am On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Will The New Electoral Law Eliminate Rigging In 2023? by system21: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2022
Our problem has never be inec but politicians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan - FG Can't Perform Magic In Crisis / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu / APC Calls For Cancellation Of Rivers Re-run Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.