Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse (318 Views)

Three Nigerian Presidents That Named Roads After Foreign Leaders / Top 4 Nigerian Presidents Who Changed Nigeria By Postingday.com / Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by bn365: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2022
When it comes to political appointments and Nigerian presidents, the new guy is always worse than the previous one.
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by Tonypen247(m): 7:53am On Jul 07, 2022
Where is the logical connective in what you just said
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by goziem1982(m): 8:32am On Jul 07, 2022
Only when you vote based on tribe, religion and sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by bn365: 8:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Well, a loaf of bread costs more every time the country goes through inflation and the price never goes back to the initial cost.
Every time Govt tries to intervene, but they make it worse
With that logic in mind, you have a tool to work with.

Tonypen247:
Where is the logical connective in what you just said
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by jumper524(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2022
Yaradua was better than obj.
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by Lanretoye(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2022
jumper524:
but cost of commodities never came down,I think I get what he is saying.
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by bn365: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2022
What would be your metric? I am not saying you're wrong, though.

jumper524:
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2022
bn365:
When it comes to political appointments and Nigerian presidents, the new guy is always worse than the previous one.
Yaradua was not worse he was an improvement on OBJ
Obj was an improvement on abacha

Don't let Jonathan and Buhari play you ...

Watch igbos voted Jonathan in 2011 , and haven't really voted since ....we will vote again in 2023 ... expect minimum of 5.5 million votes from Igbos or south east alone next year

Imo 1.3 minimum
Anambra 1.4 minimum
Abia 1 million minimum
Enugu 900k minimum
Ebonyi 500k minimum

Expect rivers and Delta to be over 1.2 million each ... expect akwa Ibom and cross River to be 1 million each ... expect Edo to be 1 million ...obi is expected to get 60% of all this south south states

Expect Igbo voters in Lagos to be over 1 million this time around

Obi would score 12.5 million votes ... would that be enough ? I doubt ...but obi would make so much of an impact that it would change Nigeria political landscape win or lose

1 Like

Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by jumper524(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2022
bn365:
What would be your metric? I am not saying you're wrong, though.

in terms of lame Nigerians analysis.
But in reality, my brother I think the worst president should start from the first president who despite finding things easier, didn't set up a long term visionary prospect that would secure the future of the country.
The country is not where it is today because of current leaders, it is where it is today because of lack of vision from previous leaders.
Lagos, kano, and anambra today are not oweing workers because it's past leaders had set a standard and planned the future of the states properly but same can't be said of other states.
Kogi would always say late prince Audu is there best leader and would have done better than yahaya Bello because he didn't owe salaries during his old term as governor but that can't be said if Audu was still alive and governor cos the truth is that just like yahaya Bello, he too would owe salaries and the reason is simple, growth in population in 2 while growth in productivity in 1.
Now that's the same scenario of Nigeria presidency.

If obj had curb away almajiri system and regulate birth rate base on income at his early stage while he was president and same time set up real standard amongst those northern illetrates.
I'm sure by now those bringing terrorism from west African to Nigeria would find it much difficult to penetrate because there would be little reason to compromise amongst the northerners.
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by MadamExcellency: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2022
bn365:
Well, a loaf of bread costs more every time the country goes through inflation and the price never goes back to the initial cost.

Citizens don't need governments interventionist social programs when people have a good employment and are paid more that a living wage.

The unemployment rate and the erosion of trust between the government and the governed is the worst thing to happen to a country.

1 Like

Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by bn365: 9:15am On Jul 07, 2022
I don't like Govt. interventions but some people would rather have "Big Brother" handling things. ie compulsory environmental sanitation on the last Saturday of the month led to some results, queues, etc.
Nigerians can't see themselves stopping at the red light, you need some traffic police to get people to do the right thing. New Govt, New rules and they often exacerbate the problem

MadamExcellency:

Citizens don't need governments interventionist social programs when people have a good employment and are paid more that a living wage.

The unemployment rate and the erosion of trust between the government and the governed is the worst thing to happen to a country.
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by Tonypen247(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2022
bn365:

Lol co and read up on logic
Re: When It Comes To Leadership/Nigerian Presidents, The New Guy Is Always Worse by patazup: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

Obi would score 12.5 million votes ... would that be enough ? I doubt ..but obi would make so much of an impact that it would change Nigeria political landscape win or lose
FACT

(1) (Reply)

United States Of America Is EVIL / If I Can't Get It, I Will Recommend Tinubu : Kwankwaso / Any One Caught Making Videos Online To Kill, Should Be Killed By Firing Squad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.