Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (31431 Views)

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by antichelsea(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2011
God has done the impossible;and why the oppugner if i may ask? We dnt appreciate,dats d problem with Nigerians. Always hating! grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by antichelsea(m): 4:04am On Jul 27, 2011
God has done the impossible;and why the oppugner if i may ask? We dnt appreciate our own, i think dat's the problem with Nigerians. Always hating! grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Ekpoma1: 4:23am On Jul 27, 2011
I think he merits it. He would have gone through several/various screening before finally handed the result. Anything is possible in this jet age. Congrats.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nymphnode(m): 4:33am On Jul 27, 2011
Shege Ubong! Wikipedia must hear dis one o.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 27, 2011
Covenant University again! shocked. Hmmm. . . . I have never seen a worse bunch of socially dysfunctional people like them. Very dull when it comes to corporate and general issues. Nonsense, he should come to University of Ibadan and try it.
Fellow doesn't even know how to answer a simple interview question and had to bring up his past cheating experiences. Doesn't he know that such statements could cause him problems in future? Well, I guess that how immature his thinking is.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by linsa01(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2011
4.99??
I'm happy 4 d dude anyway, just dat it can only happen in private institutions like CU.
Hp he wunt disgrace the schl in d market cos his response to 2 interview can implicate him. He's a young 'boy' anyway.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by oneblacboi: 5:56am On Jul 27, 2011
The best Accounting Student in Nigeria (Awarded by the Ituah Ighodalo Foundation) is in University of Lagos by name Akanni Damilare and currently on a CGPA of 4.94 heading to finish with 4.96. A CGPA of 4.99 is mathematically UNpossible!!!! se na 1/2 unit course d guy dey do ni? haba shocked
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by oneblacboi: 5:58am On Jul 27, 2011
Thank God he is an accounting student. If ihn no win prize for ICAN exam then, something is fishy!!!!!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by nelly4(f): 6:09am On Jul 27, 2011
grin
grin
I laugh out so hard, the same person can only manage a 2.2 in places like O.A.U , Unilag, U.I, or even Uniben to mention just a few, private universities who only manage to get accreditations shuld stop using computer generated CGPA's as a marketing tool , its annoying cos all them students are just a bunch of secondary school kids ,
Even top ratings internationally is yet to recognize any of them private schoolsss, ROFLMAO
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Borat1: 6:09am On Jul 27, 2011
Its funny how when news like this breaks, we find folks jumping all about the whole place comparing it to a Federal Uni. .
Insecurity??  grin grin I dont know  sad
Well let me break the news to you. . .the reason you dont see results like those in federal uni's is not hard to decipher
ALL fed uni's in naija are CCRRAAPPPPP!! I went to a fed uni so i know
From lack of basic uni equipment, to corrupt lecturers to stark mediocrity, the student doesnt even get to perform at 50 percent of his/her
capabilities.
So when next you see news like this, bite your fingers and wish your papa send you go better schoool  grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hlexzy: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2011
Uhm, Covenant University Student Private School plus including the guy was igbo grin grin grin, I can see beef from OAU Students and some other federal and state University like Yahoo university of ogbomoso beefing this guy tongue tongue tongue, how on earth do you want him to have such grade in OAU with your ASUU strike and black and yellow fight grin grin grin, I BEG GIVE UP FOR THE GUY HE SABI BOOK WELL WELL, smiley
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by fuke(m): 6:37am On Jul 27, 2011
@Borat.

Do you live in the moon?

Fed unis are much better than the privees.
There is one here that graduated about  100 first class in Law.
No wonder the accredi ion was not approved.

This guy may be bright alright but it would have been more honorable to
have made  this grade at Ife, Ibadan, Nsuka or Zaria.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 27, 2011
~Borat~:

Its funny how when news like this breaks, we find folks jumping all about the whole place comparing it to a Federal Uni. .
Insecurity??  grin grin I dont know  sad
Well let me break the news to you. . .the reason you dont see results like those in federal uni's is not hard to decipher
ALL fed uni's in naija are CCRRAAPPPPP!! I went to a fed uni so i know
From lack of basic uni equipment, to corrupt lecturers to stark mediocrity, the student doesnt even get to perform at 50 percent of his/her
capabilities.
So when next you see news like this, bite your fingers and wish your papa send you go better schoool  grin grin grin

grin grin grin you are a shytt guy. But na true you talk o. Imagine one of my lecturers telling us, "what do you want to write that I would score you a 60? If I score you 50 or 51, you're a genius".

Dr. Ibironke of Physiology Dept, U.I, you're an assshole.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by igboboy1(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2011
Will he be able to get a decent job with this his academic excellence in this entity called NAIJA?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Okijajuju1(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2011
I'm not comparing Convenant to any school, but all I and some other folks here are saying is like what the bible wrote sunwhere;

#Bible:: It would be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

#Okija Juju:: It would be easier for a man to get a 5.0 GPA than for any human to graduate with 4.99,

This just further goes to tell you that CU is a joke. Founded by a Joker, and run by Clowns.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bdek(m): 6:58am On Jul 27, 2011
probably a cheap test ,,private university where u can settle urself out,, isnt a schl where u missed exam and ur parent take u back there demanding for special exam for the student , can this easily happen in State university?. they have money and bribe their way out ,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by UpDates1(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2011
BAD Belle People,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Wisdomxy(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2011
Big Kudos to you my guy! But it's amazing how students who are been admitted with scores less than 200 in UME(JAMB)/UTME<No apology that these exams questions are leaked out a week or two before the exams including the recently conducted one in 2011> are now making 4.99 as the CGPA. I think it's mathematically appropriate if we approximate and give this guy 5.00 as the CGPA, Why should we deny him of this honour. Please let Convenant University be the first to give this in thew world.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by doombuggy: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2011
Really folks, let's face facts. The dude did well and made a 1st class. Stop comparing CU to OAU, UNAD etc. Most of those schools are crap. Saying that CU graduates are socially awkward is funny, cos most Nigerian graduates are socially awkward, please have a conversations with an average OAU graduate and you will be shocked.

I attended a university that was ranked best in west africa at a time by one dodgey webometrics ranking, and "hell no, it cant be" i screamed, cos i knew that wasnt possible. The general standards of our education is poor that doesnt imply we dont have exceptional graduates from our schools. I have met the smart chaps from virtually every institution in this country, intellect is not localized to some universities like OAU, UI,Uniben, etc

The guy being an average student in secondary school doesnt mean he cant pick up in Uni, havent you met straight "A" students in secondary school turn "grin""E""F" in University?? I dont know why we like thinking and talking downhill, thats whats ditching us in this country.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by werepeLeri: 7:08am On Jul 27, 2011
Big deal. I made a 4.91/5 in Engineering from the University of Lagos in 1995 -

Everyone who says you cant make a 4.99/5 needs to have a re think. There is no impossibility anywhere.

And before you start mocking un necessarily, I say, save it - I don't care if you believe me or not, dunce head.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by expensive007(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2011
4.99 My ass,  Such can not be possible for such kid,  But i dont blame him we are in computer age anything is possibleΩ but to be frankly speaking it could be true,  I learnt the guy was not able to maturely answer some questions,  That's tOh bAd.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by violent(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2011
someone is clowning!!
it would be interesting to see how his CGP was calculated!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by espn(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2011
A 4.99 GPA, is highly ridiculous, that cant happen in a federal university, even a genius would find it hard to attain that, abeg make em go federal university make dem grade am, i swear if em survive wif 3.2 i swear i go bow, wana set record abi cu
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by werepeLeri: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2011
It is good to talk that it is impossible to make, but lets see your logical reasoning, and if you cant proffer a logical reason for saying it is impossible, it is better to just keep quiet. Why do you have to compare other people's brain with your own brain?

These kind of things happen only on NL- disputing someone's achievement all because you cant or didnt achieve same.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by stagger: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2011
I have heard some things about the system of CGPA computation not being the same with other universities.

Can anyone with some truth about this shed some light? For example, I know some schools were CGPA is calculated using a final year GPA (making up 50%) and that of the other years making up 50%.

I think NUC needs to step in and make the CGPA calculation uniform so we know who is who.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by werepeLeri: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2011
^^^^^^^

CGPA is CGPA no matter which school in the whole wide world- no need re defining it.

A Cumulative Grade Point Average is a calculation of the average of all of a student's grades for all semesters and courses completed up to a given academic term, whereas the GPA may only refer to one term.

An average is calculated by multiplying your percent score in a course by the course weight - example, if you score 79 in a course with a weight of three - the score gets multiplied by three - and then this is done for all other courses and the total divided by the total course units- in a term or semester - that gives you the GPA, in a session, it gives you also a GPA.

Now if you spend 5 years in the institution, all your GPAs averaged for the five year term becomes the CGPA. This is standard and it is not an NUC thing.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Sike(m): 7:36am On Jul 27, 2011
Who's fooling Who Abegi!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by aieromon(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2011
No biggie.My baby sister graduated from the same department with a 1st class and was ICAN certified in her final year.
Nothing is impossible!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 27, 2011
stagger:

I have heard some things about the system of CGPA computation not being the same with other universities.

Can anyone with some truth about this shed some light? For example, I know some schools were CGPA is calculated using a final year GPA (making up 50%) and that of the other years making up 50%.

I think NUC needs to step in and make the CGPA calculation uniform so we know who is who.

You are right. UI has a different form of grading. From 39 downwards is a fail, 40-44 is a 1pt, 45-49 is a 2pt, 50 to 54 is a 3pt, 55-59 is a 4pt, 60-64 is a 5pt, 65-69 is a 6pt, and 70 upwards is a 7point.
Also CGPA of 6.0-7.0 is a first class, 4.5-6.0 is a second class upper, 3.0-4.4 is a second class lower, and anything below is either a third class or fail.

Oh boy UI show us pepper o.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by phuckNL: 7:50am On Jul 27, 2011
nelly4:

grin
grin
I laugh out so hard, the same person can only manage a 2.2 in places like O.A.U , Unilag, U.I, or even Uniben to mention just a few, private universities who only manage to get accreditations shuld stop using computer generated CGPA's as a marketing tool , its annoying cos all them students are just a bunch of secondary school kids ,
Even top ratings internationally is yet to recognize any of them private schoolsss, ROFLMAO

Look at all these bad belle OLODO federal university grads. You guys are loooosers. I have a family friend that went to IFE during the dayz of the cult and school shutdowns. The guy was barely making a 2/2 back then. After the cult/student union massacre, he left and started all over again. He graduated in the  top tier of his class at MIT. He's up in silicon valley at the moment. I don't want to give too much details cos i believe people know him well. Are you saying that OAU is better than MIT because the guy couldnt make a 2;2 there and ended up blasting in MIT?
Making students fail or intentionally making exams hard just shows how terrible federal universities have become. You need to get that rubbish out of your head. the one that says if you have few 1/1s and 2/1s in your school, then it is a good school. ARRANT NONSENSE.  All of you that went to federal unis only know how to READ AND PASS. You have not gained any knowledge whatsover and here you are bashing someone who probably GOT GOOD VALUE FOR WHAT HE PAID FOR.

LOOSERSSSSS
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Knight1(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2011
IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO BE 'NOT SO GOOD' IN SEC SCHOOL AND TURN OUT TO BE GURUS IN THE UNIVERSITY. I'VE SEEN THIS HAPPEN VERY WELL. IN FACT MOST SEC SCHOOL GURUS END UP MIDDLE OF THE CLASS IN OUR FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES

SECOND, 4.99 IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE. I HAD A CLASSMATE THAT GRADDED WITH LIKE 4.8SOMETHING AND HE HAD A C BEFORE AND SOME OTHER NOT NICE RESULT. THE MORE THE TOTAL CREDIT UNIT TAKEN THE HIGHER THE POSSIBILITY OF A 4.99

THIRD, A NIGERIAN HAS GRADUATED BEFORE (IN THE US) WITH 5.0 SO WHATS ALL THE PROBLEM WITH THIS GUY??

CONGRATULATIONS JARE, JUST TRY AND ADD ACA QUICKLY TO SHOW THE DOUBTING THOMASES
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by werepeLeri: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2011
@PhuckNL

Dont mind them. It is still the NairaLand and Nigerian mindset that makes them boast like I am better than you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.