Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate (36752 Views)

Akeredolu Disqualified By Screening Committee, Announcement Expected Soon / Kanayo .O. Kanayo Disqualified By APGA In Imo Ahead Of Primaries / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 7:11am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana kyase peacecore
. Substitution possible for the PDP. I appreciate non imposition of candidates on the part by Justice Taiwo Primary is a party affair. I still wonder why politicians have inconsistencies in their records.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana kyase peacecore
So PDP can still be on the ballot
Wow
Nigeria
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 7:20am On Jul 09, 2022
ejimatic:
. Substitution possible for the PDP. I appreciate non imposition of candidates on the part by Justice Taiwo Primary is a party affair. I still wonder why politicians have inconsistencies in their records.
Politicians and lies are inseparable.
I think the guy will escape on appeal, @ least on this case.

Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2022
Kyase:

Wow
Nigeria
I think he will escape because a previous SC judgement has said that a cause of action should commence when INEC publishes the document.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:30am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
I think he will escape because a previous SC judgement has said that a cause of action should commence when INEC publishes the document.

Okay, time will tell
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by coputa(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Milljack:
Lol grin grin,na speaker u dey insult oo lol
The jubilation accross Delta state on hearing of his disqualification shows clearly that he was'nt loved by Deltans,okowa just wanted him,so as to cover his skeleton.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by coputa(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2022
Iriruaga100:

There’s nothing to unfold here. The case is clear . Sheriff will loose the appeal and PDP will have no candidate if they don’t submit Edevbie name. A big win for Omo-agege
That was why i posted earlier that if PDP don't want their party to sink,they should advise sheriff not to appeal,they should start reconciliation,considering the limited time frame they have,Edevbie's name should be submitted to INEC and sheriff should be promised juicy appointment to fray the nerves of all aggrieved parties.This appeal by sheriff is like pouring water into the already sinking party boat.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by vicdom(m): 8:05am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

I don't understand boss, are you saying that governorship candidates of all the parties are yet to upload and submit their documents to the INEC up till now, when Presidential candidates had done so??
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by vicdom(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
How so? There's palpable inconsistency in his documents you had earlier shared here nah. How can he win in appeal??
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2022
vicdom:

I don't understand boss, are you saying that governorship candidates of all the parties are yet to upload and submit their documents to the INEC up till now, when Presidential candidates had done so??
Yes.
Presidential election is February, Guber is in March.
Governorship deadline is July 15.
https://thenationonlineng.net/inec-insists-on-july-15-deadline-for-submission-of-governorship-assembly-candidates-list/amp/
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
vicdom:

How so? There's palpable inconsistency in his documents you had earlier shared here nah. How can he win in appeal??
Look at what I am saying....Oborevwori has not even submitted his documents to INEC. The one that was taken to Court was the one he submitted to the PDP Screening Committee to vie for the Guber. It should have been after it was submitted to INEC not before.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by vicdom(m): 8:28am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
Yes.
Presidential election is February, Guber is in March.
Governorship deadline is July 15.
https://thenationonlineng.net/inec-insists-on-july-15-deadline-for-submission-of-governorship-assembly-candidates-list/amp/
Yeah, I have read it. I think sheriff will scale through this oo shocked
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by vicdom(m): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
Look at what I am saying....Oborevwori has not even submitted his documents to INEC. The one that was taken to Court was the one he submitted to the PDP Screening Committee to vie for the Guber. It should have been after it was submitted to INEC not before.
Yes, I got the gist now. He can even decide to present one of the certificates that have his name matches with the name he filled in nomination form, and he will be freed.
But my fear is that, Sheriff is very unpopular. He will find it difficult to defeat Agege man.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2022
vicdom:

Yes, I got the gist now. He can even decide to present one of the certificates that have his name matches with the name he filled in nomination form, and he will be freed.
But my fear is that, Sheriff is very unpopular. He will find it difficult to defeat Agege man.
Yes, that's what I think he will do.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by garfield1: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2022
Ojuntana:

garfield1 can rest now

I wont
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by garfield1: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

Edevbie should have waited till after submission but based on saleh vs baba,he will not escape..he has submitted a forged certificate before
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 9:32am On Jul 09, 2022
garfield1:
Edevbie should have waited till after submission but based on saleh vs baba,he will not escape..he has submitted a forged certificate before
I agree he should have waited, the same thing Enoh should have done if indeed he had any proof.

Forgery is a crime and should be proven beyond every reasonable doubts and that is when another person sues.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 9:33am On Jul 09, 2022
vicdom:

. The window is still open for substitution.This is contained in Justice Taiwo' s judgement
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
. It is true but Imy fear is what happens if he loses again wv n to the SC and he has won the election? Another Lyon in the making!
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2022
Kyase:

Wow
Nigeria
Yes the window is still open!
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Peacecore: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

Now don't u think that the implication of this judgement as the first defendant has proceeded to appeal is that if he loses d appeal n at SC that PDP won't have candidate since the plaintiff wasn't declared winner.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2022
Peacecore:
Now don't u think that the implication of this judgement as the first defendant has proceeded to appeal is that if he loses d appeal n at SC that PDP won't have candidate since the plaintiff wasn't declared winner.
No. INEC will leave there vacant just like the Frank Ibezim and co. The Court will decide the Candidate, that's what it means.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by garfield1: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2022
Peacecore:

Hmmmm
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by fergie001: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2022
ejimatic:
. It is true but Imy fear is what happens if he loses again wv n to the SC and he has won the election? Another Lyon in the making!
The case will be decided before the election because INEC did well this time by pushing it backwards to avert Lyon and Matawalle problem, at most November.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:
The case will be decided before the election because INEC did well this time by pushing it backwards to avert Lyon and Matawalle problem, at most November.
You are. Right sir There is still time
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by ejimatic: 10:43am On Jul 09, 2022
Peacecore:
There is tine frame for the process. PDP is aware of this too still has time to logically complete the process .The party will ensure it plays safe in order to avoid another Lyon
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Penguin2: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2022
fergie001:

I was surprised to see Channels TV reporting that Edvebie or whatever the correct spelling of his name is, was declared the candidate of PDP because I know I read the judgment and their was no consequential order made by Justice Taiwo Taiwo.

I think the next available option to Edvebie is to go back to Justice Taiwo’s court and seek clarification of the judgment and possibly get the court to make a consequential pronouncement.

Until then, PDP has no governorship candidate in Delta as they cannot organize another primary as such window has closed by INEC Timetable.
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Kyase(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
ejimatic:
Yes the window is still open!
Okay, but I see PDP losing delta sha
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Ojuntana: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
garfield1:

I wont
Goodluck
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Aiel123: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kyase:

Okay, but I see PDP losing delta sha
I seriously doubt that possibility
Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Wonder1844(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sheriff is more popular than Edevbie.

David Edevbie has never won his ward for PDP. David Edevbie has never contested any election. Sheriff has won several elections.

Know it that, if David eventually become the flagbearer, he won't still win his local government. So who will deliver him? .

vicdom:

Re: Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate by Wonder1844(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
Should he submit documents with the same name to INEC this time, won't he be disqualified for the wrong documents he submitted in 2015?

fergie001:

Yes, that's what I think he will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pump Action Riffles Concealed With POP Cement Intercepted By Customs (Photos) / Fani-kayode Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Buhari’s Absence / 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi