Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister (54949 Views)

Liz Truss Expected To Be Named As British Prime Minister Today (photo) / Theresa May Announces Her Resignation As British Prime Minister / The Woman That Led A Protest That Removed Sudan's President Omar Al-Bashir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by KristaPretty(f): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Very interesting fo read.

Thank you very much for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Btruth: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:

Well, he had no choice. His own party had had enough of him, was the circumstances, and he can't face the opposition all by himself.
has APC not had enough of this man call Bubu too nii?
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by donnie(m): 12:13am On Jul 08, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/uk/boris-johnson-scandals-intl/index.html

O please spare us the tales... Y'all know all the face mask wearing and elbow shaking is for the cameras. Y'all know how you arranged a pandemic and pushed the unsuspecting public into panic so they can comply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Tulsaguy: 12:17am On Jul 08, 2022
All of this allegations no reach wetin Buhari de take drink akamu one day.

Buhari don commit x 10,000 of these crimes, and dem no born iyalaya anybody well to question the unquestionable a president.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by frankson1(m): 2:08am On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:

No he actually does not! He was pushed and pushed and pushed by lots of resignations until he eventually fell.

Shame will not let them admit since they've been hailing him for resigning from office for his wrong doings. They're disappointed that one of their lords and saviour is not only corrupt but a shameless liar.

What's the difference between BJ's lie about the party held during COVID-19 period and the one the Nigerian Army and Lagos state government said during End-Sars after the Military operations. undecided

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:13am On Jul 08, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
Rush here

Him don collect
Biden is next grin grin grin

You have a senator sitting in a British jail that hasn’t said a word about resigning and a sitting president that has committed offenses that should have forced him to resign years ago and two convicted felons eyeing the next presidency in your country but you’re saying that Biden is next. The thought patterns of some Nigerians always amazes me.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by frankson1(m): 2:14am On Jul 08, 2022
BlackBaron:
Was actually a longer litany than written there;

He considered building a tree house for his children with bullet proof glass at Downing Street.

He wanted to scrap the ethics committee that oversees the PM office and conduct.

Overruled recommendations regarding Priti Patel bullying staff.

Same society would have seen Tinubu/Atiku spending quite a few years in prison but then again that's in a society that works.

Since UK is a "saner clime" BJ never did any wrong or don't you know they're all angels over there?

Some people will still quote to insult you for 'daring to state the wrong doings' of their lord and saviour.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by juman(m): 2:38am On Jul 08, 2022
Its rare seeing person like this.

He threw away prime ministership for nothing.
Because of his needless and avoidable reckless behaviour.
He fuccked up for no reason.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by juman(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2022
valentineuwakwe:
if all this allegations happen in Nigeria, will the politician resign?

Not in nigeria or third world country.
Only in first world where democracy is much better, politician could forced to resign by his party because he is causing them to lose elections.

But american politics is similar to third world country, many american politicians dont like democracy.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by juman(m): 2:50am On Jul 08, 2022
Many times it crossed my mind can he come back again as prime minister one day.
It looked impossible.
He is good prime minister but lost because he is foolish in behaviour.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 08, 2022
See scandals wey dey pull down uk pm, u no go see some embezzlement scandal. But for 9ja. Every type of scandal dey, every politician get efcc scandal and e no dey resign. 2 different set of leaders. How we wan take better
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:11am On Jul 08, 2022
frankson1:

Shame will not let them admit since they've been hailing him for resigning from office for his wrong doings. They're disappointed that one of their lords and saviour is not only corrupt but a shameless liar.

What's the difference between BJ's lie about the party held during COVID-19 period and the one the Nigerian Army and Lagos state government said during End-Sars after the Military operations. undecided

Sounds to me like you agree that his lies and wrong doings are what made them push him, and not the inflation as the person I responded to claimed.

What makes him different is he can be pushed, as opposed those in Nigeria you mentioned who would be given bags full of money to stop pushing.

Even our own Abimbola "Bim" Afolami MP pushed, and Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch MP is one of those who's name is coming up amongst those trying to replace him.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:12am On Jul 08, 2022
Btruth:
has APC not had enough of this man call Bubu too nii?

Is bubu in the UK parliament?

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:14am On Jul 08, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

People said he should resign and he obeyed them. Between Boris Johnson and Buhari who supposed to resign since 2016?

I don't know why people are asking me this question. Do you think Britons would accept what we Nigerians seem to accept?

I'm sure if we were Britain we'd kick bubu out by now. In fact, I doubt we'd elect bubu if we were British, so perhaps we should go learn from them.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:17am On Jul 08, 2022
goodheart02:

We all know in Nigeria no matter how u push, they will never resign. Even the more u push, the more u become a target for assassination

I happen to think we pushed out a certain head of state sometime ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Babangida

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:22am On Jul 08, 2022
wiseoneking:
But he did by himself. He would have refused.

Lol. He needed people to work in his government and form his cabinet but could not find enough MPs in his party to continue working with him. So, if he had refused he'd have had to hold all those offices himself, which would have made the opposition call a vote of no confidence in the government and force an election which his party would most definitely have lost.

I doubt he's so stupid that he'd not resign and blow up his party in the process, and his party would not have even allowed him to make them lose their lucrative well paying MP jobs.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:24am On Jul 08, 2022
DeGLORIOUS:
Agreed but can that happen in Nigeria?

Yes, it can happen in Nigeria, and has happened in Nigeria, and if we want it to happen again we just need to shine our eyes and make it happen by electing those who would do our will.

But much better than that is that we consider whom we elect so we do not need to make them resign.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by moshino(m): 3:40am On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:

I wonder if you'd get that UK has never been normal if I just said Thatcher 1990, Theresa 2017, and David Cameron 2016.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/how-many-uk-prime-ministers-resigned-theresa-may-margaret-thatcher-david-cameron-quit-pm-3760573

Lol...you're trying to make sense to the senseless, it never works. Remember, you could also be conversing with a roadside vendor in some very remote part, it's nairaland remember.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:45am On Jul 08, 2022
Leonbonapart:
in a sane community your president should be in elderly care home. You're here talking about push and push

Pity isn't it. Now, if only I alone put your president in power I might push him, but last time I checked, he won an election and his party have not yet said they've had enough of him, unlike Boris' party who had had enough of Boris and kicked him out

We will have our opportunity to push in 2023 though so please join me in pushing when the time comes.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by budaatum: 3:57am On Jul 08, 2022
moshino:

Lol...you're trying to make sense to the senseless, it never works. Remember, you could also be conversing with a roadside vendor in some very remote part, it's nairaland remember.

I may be conversing with the senseless, but there are lots of sensible people reading without conversing so I don't mind sowing knowing my words may fall by the wayside and be devoured by the birds; and some will fall on stony places where they wil have no depth and not spring up but be scorched in the sun and wither and die; and some will fall amongst thorns and be choked. But some will fall on fertile minds and produce thought in hundredfold, and some sixty, and some thirty.

After all, though I may not have been conversing with you you see my seeds for what they are.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by abaste: 4:21am On Jul 08, 2022
see below

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by 3seriez(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2022
Where institutions work and no one is above the law. Nigeria has a very long way to go
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by lexy2014: 5:37am On Jul 08, 2022
DrStrange2000:
At least he had the balls to resign amidst all allegations and scandals .. is this one scandal , come and see 80bn disappear here.. snake swallowed 36 million naira ..

For where. The guy was forced to resign only after members of his party decided to abandon him. Till now, I am certain that he has no remorse.

The beauty of their society is that they seek to protect the instituti9ns not the persons in the institutions. If it was here, you, they will be lying and fighting those calling for his resignation
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by lexy2014: 5:41am On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:

I wonder if you'd get that UK has never been normal if I just said Thatcher 1990, Theresa 2017, and David Cameron 2016.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/how-many-uk-prime-ministers-resigned-theresa-may-margaret-thatcher-david-cameron-quit-pm-3760573

Thatcher left in 1990 and you are mentioning Theresa may and David Cameron that resigned 2016/2017 as "UK has not been normal".

If UK has not been normal, maybe Nigeria has been normal

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by descartes400: 6:01am On Jul 08, 2022
The Only good I assumed he did..was the BREXIT!
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Fearyourcreator: 6:06am On Jul 08, 2022
DannyFX2638:
go and check price of fuel, Gas and food shelves in UK .. Inflation is hitting them badly

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/feb/06/food-bank-donor-to-to-user-soaring-demand-for-aid

Everybody don tire
Despite the internet ... People still don't do research

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Ofiadiegwu: 6:34am On Jul 08, 2022
DrStrange2000:
At least he had the balls to resign amidst all allegations and scandals .. is this one scandal , come and see 80bn disappear here.. snake swallowed 36 million naira ..

Nigeria is not comparable to countries where things are working
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by EkelediliBuhari: 6:41am On Jul 08, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You have a senator sitting in a British jail that hasn’t said a word about resigning and a sitting president that has committed offenses that should have forced him to resign years ago and two convicted felons eyeing the next presidency in your country but you’re saying that Biden is next. The thought patterns of some Nigerians always amazes me.

Dude
Did I appraise buhari?

Am referring to working systems here

We all know the only way to get the ragtag out of that rock is in a 6:2 box… so ain’t wasting my energy on him just yet
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by redcliff: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2022
[code][/code]
DrStrange2000:

No matter how you are pushed , nothing will happen until you are willing to do the needful out of the circumstances..

That is a big lie. Gojng by your analogy, then peer pressure should never be a thing.
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Myde4naija(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2022
DrStrange2000:
the allegation you are trying to compare here was not done by political heads but civil servant and carrier officers, please always understand context before rubbishing everything that is from nigeria

Corruption is corruption even if na 10kobo

Babachair Lawal a politician resigned amidst allegation hope you ain't deaf then....
Re: Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister by Myde4naija(m): 7:03am On Jul 08, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

Fg share $322m abacha loot to Nigeria without record . Let’s teach them scandal
where are you looking for the record?? On the Internet I guess

Things aren't done that way, of you need record ministry In charge of its allocation will definite furnish you with that.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Sudan President Peeing In His Trousers (Video) / Joe Biden Meets A Dog Named After Him (Photos) / I Flashed My Underwear To Attract Bill Clinton - Monica Lewinsky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.