Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,975 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves (4476 Views)

Why Pro-saraki Senators Should Forfeit Their Pay, By Femi Falana / Gov Shettima Appoints 3 Additional Special Advisers & 77 Special Assistants / Bauchi Governor - Isa Yuguda - Appoints 924 'Special' Assistants/Advisors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Kellizle: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
@Senate 02

I'll tell you one thing - if nothing else, this Governor is quite the comedian; but reading through your posts made me realize that you aren't in any way smarter than this Governor. In other words, you're as comical, and uninformed as he is. Although I applaud you for being able to fish out the mediocre and internationally disgraceful ways of our government in Nigeria, the whole principle behind being knowledgeable supersedes all other cool qualities you might think you possess, such as voicing your opinions.  Logically, you seem to be just as misguided and judgmentally flawed as our Royal Highness Rochas. For what it's worth, it is illiterate to pass judgement abusively on an entire tribe or race based on the action(s) of one individual from that tribe or race (The fallacy of Circumstantial Ad-hominem).  I'm sure you're familiar with that Western world experiment where the "white man" concluded "black men" were apes who haven't evolved.  I can't wait to read your reply on that experiment, as there is no way that you, Senate02 with your awfully ignorant statements, could have evolved past the "homo-erectus" stage. Seeing that you're as close to "uncivilization" and "mental barbarism" as the next crab eating macaque at the zoo, might I remind you that I'm not here to trade verbal wars with you. I'm only here to call to attention your antique and obsolete ways of reasoning.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Ngodigha: 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

Ibos na one wy Traffic, No brain, no reasoning all money and kidnapping. We go see how Special Adviser on Health go generate his own pay, i dey look o
Monkey paw, get a life, zombified Yorubie.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
Now this is what i'm talking about. I think Rochas has taken a step in the right direction. Many states wait for 'oil allocation' before they do anything and even when that happens, they dont use it for anything important.
The guy is trying to make his ministers hardworking instead of lazy. The same way Fashola has a scorecard for his cabinet members to hold them to their jobs and make them accountable. Why are some people picking on only minister of health? What of Agriculture and other industries like textiles(just saying)? Those are sources that can really generate money by the means he has mentioned.Now these ministers have to make sure that industries are revived and jobs are provided and government is making the money needed to run their offices instead of just relying on oil allocation.
I hope his plans work but for even thinking it i'll say welldone!
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Reggie2(m): 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2011
People are usually sceptical over things they cannot do because they do not believe that others can do it. When Rochas declared free education in Imo State, people called him a mad man because they could not imagine from where the fund would be generated. The whole job of governance is all about generating fund from within the system and then channelling same towards even development. People are so used to sharing the so-called revenue allocation from oil money that any contrary option becomes unfathomable. Local governments in Italy run their various county from mere traffic fines and lotto and other local taxes. These county councils have their own roads and welfare packages for the less privileged residents. GO ON ROCHAS! LOOK OUT ON HOW TO GENERATE REVENUE AND THEM TEACH THEM HOW TO INVEST SUCH RESOURCE ON DEVELOPMENT
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by ektbear: 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
Sounds like an invitation for massive corruption?

You don't want SAs or government officials generating their own pay, lol
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
Kellizle:

@Senate 02

I'll tell you one thing - if nothing else, this Governor is quite the comedian; but reading through your posts made me realize that you aren't in any way smarter than this Governor. In other words, you're as comical, and uninformed as he is. Although I applaud you for being able to fish out the mediocre and internationally disgraceful ways of our government in Nigeria, the whole principle behind being knowledgeable supersedes all other cool qualities you might think you possess, such as voicing your opinions.  Logically, you seem to be just as misguided and judgmentally flawed as our Royal Highness Rochas. For what it's worth, it is illiterate to pass judgement abusively on an entire tribe or race based on the action(s) of one individual from that tribe or race (The fallacy of Circumstantial Ad-hominem).  I'm sure you're familiar with that Western world experiment where the "white man" concluded "black men" were apes who haven't evolved.  I can't wait to read your reply on that experiment, as there is no way that you, Senate02 with your awfully ignorant statements, could have evolved past the "homo-erectus" stage. Seeing that you're as close to "uncivilization" and "mental barbarism" as the next crab eating macaque at the zoo, might I remind you that I'm not here to trade verbal wars with you. I'm only here to call to attention your antique and obsolete ways of reasoning.
Look at this one, what sort of gibberish do you just think you posted there?  You think am one of those spare part seller abi?
Ediot. Instead of you to address the issue of where, how and when your phantom governor's special assistants will they generate the funds for their own salaries you were spewing gibberish. Odechukwu second.
So you actually created a new moniker so that i will be soft on you because you are a newbie abi? Hell no, you conjecture pouring ibotic kidnapper/human eater.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Onlytruth(m): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2011
LOL!

Governor Rochas Okorocha is a thoroughbred Igboman.
If you must eat, you must make YOUR own cake! hahaha! cheesy

I see thieves running away. cool
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Reggie2(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2011
Onlytruth:

LOL!

I see thieves running away.  cool

Well said broda!!
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by mekaboy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2011

NICE ONE.

DO YOU KNOW THAT IF THE FG ASKS THE NIGERIA SECURITY SERVICES TO GENERATE THEIR OWN PAY, IT WILL CUT DOWN CRIME RATE.

LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. IF THE POLICE HAS AN ACCOUNT DEPARTMENT THAT IS VERY EFFECTIVE, EVERY FINE IS PAID INTO THE POLICE ACCOUNT AND A RECEIPT OF THE TRANSACTION IS GIVEN TO THE OFFENDER.

YOU DRIVE WITHOUT LICENSE , YOU ARE TAKEN TO THE POLICE COURT, YOUR GIVEN A FINE TO PAY, AND A RECEIPT IS ISSUED . THIS WAY THE POLICE WILL GENERATE THEIR OWN PAY.

INSTEAD OF COLLECTING 20NAIRA FROM THE OFFENDER ON THE MAIN ROAD. HE PAYS A FINE AND RECEIVES A RECEIPT. THAT WAY ITS EITHER PEOPLE STOP BREAKING THE LAW OR THE POLICE WILL GENERATE MORE INCOME THAN OIL IN NIGERIA grin grin

IN ROCHAS GOVT YOU DONT JUST COME TO TAKE YOUR SHARE OF THE NATIONAL CAKE, YOU JOIN IN BAKING THE CAKE. grin grin grin

Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2011
mekaboy:

NICE ONE.

DO YOU KNOW THAT IF THE FG ASKS THE NIGERIA SECURITY SERVICES TO GENERATE THEIR OWN PAY, IT WILL CUT DOWN CRIME RATE.

LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. IF THE POLICE HAS AN ACCOUNT DEPARTMENT THAT IS VERY EFFECTIVE, EVERY FINE IS PAID INTO THE POLICE ACCOUNT AND A RECEIPT OF THE TRANSACTION IS GIVEN TO THE OFFENDER.

YOU DRIVE WITHOUT LICENSE , YOU ARE TAKEN TO THE POLICE COURT, YOUR GIVEN A FINE TO PAY, AND A RECEIPT IS ISSUED . THIS WAY THE POLICE WILL GENERATE THEIR OWN PAY.

INSTEAD OF COLLECTING 20NAIRA FROM THE OFFENDER ON THE MAIN ROAD. HE PAYS A FINE AND RECEIVES A RECEIPT. THAT WAY ITS EITHER PEOPLE STOP BREAKING THE LAW OR THE POLICE WILL GENERATE MORE INCOME THAN OIL IN NIGERIA grin grin

[b]IN ROCHAS GOVT YOU DONT JUST COME TO TAKE YOUR SHARE OF THE NATIONAL CAKE, YOU JOIN IN BAKING THE CAKE.
grin grin grin

[/b]

lol.well said and so true. Those are simple things we need to do in Nigeria but no, everyone wants national cake. If we make each govt body do this, then we will be productive, crime will reduce, jobs will be created and govt gets to take care of the basic things including social security.

Those people that have been posting without thinking deeply should note this. This is what Rochas wants to do. Others should learn instead of making a mockery of him
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by kasiem(m): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
Okorocha is bringing his business acumen into the art of governance.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by 48noble(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
your r the mr roooo! international investor will partner with ur special.as indelivering dividends of democrating(example creation) to good people of imo.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Jul 28, 2011
In this Nigeria, many will take this as short for "COLLECT AS MUCH BRIBE AS YOU CAN/PAY YOURSELF THROUGH BRIBE COLLECTION". . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by mekaboy(m): 12:17am On Jul 28, 2011

WITH TRANSPARENCY AND PROPER ACCOUNTING, I BELIEVE THEY CAN RAISE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THEMSELVES, THIS PHILOSOPHY THAT GOVERNMENT HAS TO PAY WHETHER WE WORK OR NOT IS WHAT MAKES NIGERIA LESS PRODUCTION.

IF EVERY MINISTRY IS CHALLENGED LIKE THIS, NIGERIAN WILL BEGIN TO THINK, AND OUT THINKING COMES CREATIVITY. IF THEY THINK THEY WILL CREATE LEGITIMATE SOURCES OF GENERATING INCOME.

Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by ektbear: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

In this Nigeria, many will take this as short for "COLLECT AS MUCH BRIBE AS YOU CAN/PAY YOURSELF THROUGH BRIBE COLLECTION". . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

+1

His mindset would work well for the corporate sector. Work on commission, so to say. But for the public sector, will lead to corruption, i think. More details are needed.

Take this for example:

Owerri – Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State said in Owerri, Monday, that most of his political appointees would generate resources to fund their respective offices and create wealth for the state.

This is not really the mentality government should have. What does "generate resources to fund their respective offices and create wealth for the state" even mean? Taxation by the government doesn't create wealth, it redistributes it. Hopefully in ways that benefit all (e.g., creating a tax to fund schools, or building roads.)

I dunno, I'm a bit skeptical.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Gbenge77(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2011
This provides some sort of comic relief.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2011
Once upon a time I knew one IBO Man who started business with 20 shilings given to him by one Yoruba Man, suddenly his businnes grows and he become a Millionaire and That Yoruba man came asking how did he do it, this is the case here, Rochas teach these Ofe-Nmanu that any sector of Government can actually generate Fund for the state not devouring state Fund. The IBOs We too Much cool
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2011
Reference:

Fantastic. If this is true this is exactly what this country needs. A firm departure from the terrible mindset that government is a vehicle for milking resources. Imo state is surely open for business and yes government should be run with the same passion. What else will bring them to the office by 8 a.m Monday morning and keep them till five on Friday and away from unending funerals, weddings, naming ceremonies and the lot which clog the machinery of government.

Boy this man has risen to the top of governance in my opinion. Now they will know just how difficult it is to make money and the kind of effort you need to place before you can survive in this country. Let me see how they will pay for their retinue of servants, sub-servants and all the trappings of their offices. If he is to succeed Rochas should extend same to all government ministries, departments an agencies. Let them begin to generate a percentage of their expenses and slowly raise the threshold until some of these lazy civil servants begin to voluntarily quit one after the other. Every, every, every arm of government that interfaces with the public has indeed a potential of revenue generation. How do I know this?. Is there any M,D or A that you get anything for free in Nigeria 'seeing someone'. None. So let nobody say it is not possible.

Fantastic. Up Rochas. He,he,he grin grin grin

I stopped reading after your fantastic opening.
So now aides have been given fiat to generate their own pay and upkeep. sounds like medieval europe with lords and dukes being appointed over the land withthe right to pillage and plunder the land. Where in God's name are they going to generate their funds if not from the impoverished masses.
Imo just got more stupid again with governance.
Stop electing 'big men' and maybe you can eventually crawl out of your back-alley situation.
Enjoy your new found peasantry.
olodo
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by 4kin(f): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2011
No Government can please evry1, If U aint Ok wit hw My Governor wants 2 Run hs State, Hit d Road n Embrace a Speedn Truck. We aint Complaining cos we knw he Means well 4 Us, @d tribal Bigots. Stop hating on d Igbos. Bt if u tnk u wana hate, we aint Sending. If u wan BEEF go Buy Cow Meat.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Reference(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

LOL!

I see thieves running away.
cool

Well said. If only half of those in public service could enterprise this country will not be what it is. Is there an MDA that does not generate resources. Think about it. From defence, security to sports and entertainment. They do it for their pockets. They can do it for the government. Typical Nigerian thinking. If its not for me personally its not worth doing. Make them think for a season. make them sweat, make them wise, make them accountable and see whether Imo state will not be the first to enter into economic liberty from the contraption called Nigeria and its skewed mentality of waste occasioned by sloth.

I sure pray it works and serves as a model for government in general. We have to support anything that makes government and political office more progressive and less attractive to any but those willing to work hard and be accountable. Best news yet. If you are a 9 - 5 statistic in government maybe just maybe your days are numbered.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by iwantto(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2011
Nigerians think that they are too smart!!!!!!!!!

The man Rochas has said some of his aides will generate their own funds for running their offices. What is the problem with that. We like talking trash all the time.

If I was given such great opportunity to head such office and given the mandate to generate my own running resources, I will gladly accept it. POWER IS USED TO DO WORK in physics. So with power and control, I can generate resources if I am brainy and smart.

Many of us here complain because we lack the ability to even start a business talk more of running an office. Do remember that the Ibos are very business minded ppl and you can't take that from them. They do the impossible with very little resources.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Reference(m): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2011
Tobi_dad:

I stopped reading after your fantastic opening.
So now aides have been given fiat to generate their own pay and upkeep. sounds like medieval europe with lords and dukes being appointed over the land with the right to pillage and plunder the land. Where in God's name are they going to generate their funds if not from the impoverished masses.
Imo just got more silly again with governance.
Stop electing 'big men' and maybe you can eventually crawl out of your back-alley situation.
Enjoy your new found peasantry.
olodo

So where will Imo State get money to run Imo state. From World bank or Interest free banking. In those days our parents taught us to be hardworking, self sufficient and enterprising suddenly we are forced into a marriage with people (not mentioning names here) who don't share those values and have lost it. We have become something else. Today to generate your own income and work your way to wealth has become vile, evil, and undesirable and for government agents to handle governance like business is medieval. What has happened to us.

I tell you the present system of allocation spending has created more billionaires and has widened the gap between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' than anytime before Lord Lugard died. That is why people kill for political office. It is too attractive. It is the only avenue for the 'Nigerian dream' - pauper today, billionaire tomorrow - without sweat. You ask any state governor or public official to raise money for government, themselves or for us the public and 90% of them will be at sea. But they have a dossier of means and methods to steal and plunder their positions. I know we like that. Just a pity, but we must learn to let go.

FYI, Imo has some of the best crude in Nigeria so its not like they need to beg anyone.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Demdem(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2011
i honestly feel Rochas has lost it again. even if they will go to generate their pay (i aren't convinced about that though), what about their allowances, stipends, juices that comes with the various offices etc which in most cases are far above the monthly pay for all political appointees? who will be responsible for that? their official cars, residences, operating offices etc at whose expense will that be. i feel this guy is simply taking us for a fool.
its more honourable for him to come out clean and declare that he has simply created jobs for the boys and girls who actively were instrumental in his election victory. honestly, i can live with that.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by russellino: 10:25am On Jul 28, 2011
While the idea looks really ludicrous (self funding government office) its fresh and doesnt cost the tax payer anything (i think). Lets see how it plays out
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by onyeokwuak(f): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
Rochas is not dwelling on the past or trying 2 copy any style of governance. He is being very creative. My prayer is that his experiments will yield good results. It will be mindblowing and a model system. Wish Rochas the best.
For those who think that Special adviser on entertainment is worthless, please think again. By the time they start rolling out entertainment programs, owerri will be center of attraction. How about corporate body sponsorship and the money that culd be raised in all these entertainment programs, it will add to the coffins of the state.'Imo ga a di nma'. 'Rochas on a rescue mission'
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by WaltherPPK: 7:02am On Jul 29, 2011
@seanet02
Do you know that you are a bloody buffoon? I know your type , you are one of those empty barrels that have nothing upstairs but always like running their stinking mouth. Don't ever arrogate any kind of intelligence to yourself because of all the rubbish you post on nairaland the have never been objective or made any sense. even a primary school pupil will not argue like you.The spare parts dealers are far better than an i.d.i.o.t  like you.Are you sure you saw the four walls of a higher institution? I will not go down to the same level with you by insulting your tribesmen but your father should have taught you better,that is if you know who he is, because I have this feeling that you are a B.A.S.T.A.R.D.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Demdem(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ ignore him and stay on topic. What are ur views about this?
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2011
WaltherPPK:

@seanet02
Do you know that you are a bloody buffoon? I know your type , you are one of those empty barrels that have nothing upstairs but always like running their stinking mouth. Don't ever arrogate any kind of intelligence to yourself because of all the rubbish you post on nairaland the have never been objective or made any sense. even a primary school pupil will not argue like you.The spare parts dealers are far better than an i.d.i.o.t  like you.Are you sure you saw the four walls of a higher institution? I will not go down to the same level with you by insulting your tribesmen but your father should have taught you better,that is if you know who he is, because I have this feeling that you are a B.A.S.T.A.R.D.
Your father is the real B*A*S*T*A*R*D
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by KnowAll(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2011
[size=18pt] A governor that let his d.i.c.k. Do his bidding by appointing ' a girl friend ' as a special adviser has nothing to offer IMO State. Although he has some clever publicist who would shout hallelujah anytime he goes to d toilet & do a poo an effective  & efficient weapon in Governance. On his capacity & ability to gather a huge motley crew of helleluyah boys & praise singers given d short time he has being in government,  I give him kudos.

But since we now have FOI, I would l seriously like to see how much income " The Chief Commedian would be bringing into d state" bearing in mind he would be costing d state between N250,000 & 300,000.00 a month on salary alone not taking other benefits into account.

[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland @ 10: 10 Users That Shaped Nairaland Politics Section / 62 Killed Yersterday Pix Jungle Justice / Nnamdi Kanu Has A Son Out Of Wedlock - IBTIMES UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.