Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church (47704 Views)

We Demolished Ganduje’s Roundabout Because It Carries Sign Of The Cross – Baffa / Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor / Barrister Ejiofor Takes #FreeNnamdiKanu Campaign To Odumeje's Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ipobarecriminals: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Austin63:
Sure visa application guaranteed 14slots available hurry now. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on the number below
procure Sudan Visa for me and ur father
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ipobarecriminals: 7:24am On Jul 08, 2022
sad igbo are their own ENEMIES.

U demolished person property,still slapped/dragged him sad.Typical ipob lifestyle how dey slap/ wake up their pipu with karate kick
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by afadi2410: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2022
sreamsense:
I am not fan of Odumeje but to be honest government is doing right thing in the wrong manner. How can you give just two months notice to church that has established for years without making temporary arrangement choices for them first or pay them compensation first to show that government is responsible? The victims who are feeding through the church are not begging government for money or their upkeep, but yet government got mind of blowing off their sources of daily income

without showing more care and compassion than just to issue enforcement order.

Soludo is enjoying free, steady huge monthly and daily income, but thinks life is easy for somebody you demolish his source of income before peaking up so fast again. He will certainly loose members due to distance or otherwise ; and starting all over to raise church and members after lots of wasted investment is never so easy practically than mere talks. Government should have shown more concern by offering them temporary locations of choice within the vicinity to use and issue them compensations agreed on time so they can purchase another land and begins building.

Soludo did not really plan this thing out very well with wisdom, two months is too short even landlord won't give you that kind of short notice.

You just succeeded in saying nothing

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by kingthreat(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Rickmann:

As much as I'm not a fan of odumeje, this was too harsh ..how can you give just two months notice to relocate a church? That's not fair at all.

Nigerians need to learn how to build according to laws.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by crossbreedwears(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2022
So no compensation??
Hisxellency:
Seeing your property been destroyed really hurts but
Government got to do what it got to do for a better society

Peace!
For better Anambra state!
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by crossbreedwears(m): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2022
And no compensation
Rickmann:

As much as I'm not a fan of odumeje, this was too harsh ..how can you give just two months notice to relocate a church? That's not fair at all.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by mema900: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:
Sometimes I wish instead of demolishing 'illegal' structures, government should convert them to some other uses.

Did you read? The biulding was built ontop of waterways and is causing flood annually

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by spencekat(m): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2022
Rickmann:

Very short time.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by LordReed(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:
Sometimes I wish instead of demolishing 'illegal' structures, government should convert them to some other uses.

You cannot repurpose a house blocking a drainage or roadway.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by majormofor(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Nt when government have planned train to pass the area
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Awoleesu(m): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Like...??

Do you know the implications of illegal structures?
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by spencekat(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2022
matm:

Dts d treatment u will get when u don't choose ur words carefully as a gentleman but rather choose talking like touts in motor parksThe way one talks,can belittle one and attract a slap.
When u begin to use tout slangs, be ready to receive tout treatment
Two wrongs can't make a right.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

What other use? Your building is going to affect the construction of roads and bridges, it needs to go cos there's no other usefulness to such building than the fact that it's obstructing a lay down plan.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by woleomojesu(f): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2022
Druss:

Why? Are the illegal structure owners paying compensation to the people whose lives they have damaged due to where they built? They should also be fined in line with regulations.
Then those that should be fined should include the govt officials that gave approval to building those structures in the first place
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by jclassiq(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2022
Seems like the man is too anxious to perform.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Mrkumareze(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

A structure on a water way They drainage/canal collects over 30% of water in those area, channeling them to river Niger. No sensible being woukd build house there. The space has been there from day one, only fir a few stupid developers to go there to erect structures ..
Arresting and demolition would gave been the best option, not just demolition

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Reference(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2022
Jokerman:
2 months to relocate... you can imagine... no fairness in this world again

How old is the government that gave the order and how expedient is it in the face of the rains that will peak this month into August.
Be reasonable.
The church should consider it a sacrifice to improve the environment it depends and benefits from.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Lightorder: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Oga , try to read nau . The illegal structures were blocking the waterways.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

They are illegal and conversion won't make them less illegal....
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Lol. They should convert it to where common sense is thought to people like you.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Lightorder: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

and building owners who built several illegal structures along the waterway in Fegge and environs within Onitsha . That is the reason
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ursullalinda(f): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

It was blocking waterway and must be out of the way
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Akramblitz(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2022
As if two months is enough to build a new house. Mtcheeew
Useless people

As much as I'm not a fan of odumeje, this was too harsh ..how can you give just two months notice to relocate a church? That's not fair at all. [/quote]
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by moneyissweet(m): 8:09am On Jul 08, 2022
You no dey tiktok be that,guy has been everywhere.

Odefani:
Been a while since I heard from Odumeje
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by Bluntemperor: 8:19am On Jul 08, 2022
Rickmann:

God bless you bro.
I'm not his Church Member and I know he is likely stepped on some toes over there but for Christ Sake, Governor Soludo should have given this young man the respect!
How can your Agents slapped this man ,as its recorded on the life- video? That is unfair and the man has more sympathy now than before!
Soludo is doing many things wrong.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Baawaa:
It is family affairs
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hardbody: 8:29am On Jul 08, 2022
sreamsense:
I am not fan of Odumeje but to be honest government is doing right thing in the wrong manner. How can you give just two months notice to church that has established for years without making temporary arrangement choices for them first or pay them compensation first to show that government is responsible? The victims who are feeding through the church are not begging government for money or their upkeep, but yet government got mind of blowing off their sources of daily income without showing more care and compassion than just to issue enforcement order.

Soludo is enjoying free, steady huge monthly and daily income, but thinks life is easy for somebody you demolish his source of income before peaking up so fast again. He will certainly loose members due to distance or otherwise ; and starting all over to raise church and members after lots of wasted investment is never so easy practically than mere talks. Government should have shown more concern by offering them temporary locations of choice within the vicinity to use and issue them compensations agreed on time so they can purchase another land and begins building.

Soludo did not really plan this thing out very well with wisdom, two months is too short even landlord won't give you that kind of short notice.

Nigerians with entitlement mentality. They should pay compensation for illegal structures? Una head swy touch.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hisgrace090: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2022
9182736455O1999:
Government gave him demolition notice since April but he was waiting for od to intervene.

How can he relocate a church under 2 month?
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by grandstar(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

It was adversely affecting the environment. The building was affecting the water flow.
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by descarado: 8:36am On Jul 08, 2022
They ask why feggae is always flooded.
This is one of the major reasons.

Million are lost to man made flood every year.
Who compensates those affected.
Few people will cause untold hardship to people and we are expecting govt to compensate them.
They should be arrested and prosecuted.
A country is weak when the institutions don't function.

And when we try to get it right, emotional tantrum, party affiliation, ethnicity and tribalism sets in.

Some are only attacking cos its soludo not because he did the wrong thing.
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

go and watch the vedio, the building is sitting on water way, flood ravaging the state needed to be stopped and someone must take a responsibility
Re: Soludo: Why We Demolished Odumeje's Church by hisgrace090: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2022
Jokerman:
2 months to relocate... you can imagine... no fairness in this world again

Quite impossible but when a leader want to prove he is an action man or talk and do, anything can happen.
Relocating such a big church under 2 or 3 month is impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Talks Tough; Attacks Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, National Assembly / Pro-biafra Protest Moves To Rivers - Vanguard / What Could Tinubu Be Telling Saraki Here? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.