Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log (1500 Views)

From Fitness Trainer To Tech Bro... How I Made Career Switch To Tech / Transition To Tech, It's Worth It! / My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 1:45am On Jul 08, 2022
What do I want?
It's been a while since I wanted to get into tech. To hold myself accountable in my journey to becoming a DevOps engineer, I have decided to keep a diary.

I actually have some little experience programming in python and c++.

My post is not going to be about what I'm learning or reading, but, what I'm building, hacks, and my eureka!!! moments. That means my posts are not going to be that frequent.

My resources at the moment include this interesting platform [url]kodekloud-engineer.com[/url], Modern DevOps practices(Ebook), and I am also enrolled in the google Africa developer scholarship cloud track.

My aim is to build interesting stuff, contribute to open source, have fun, meet cool people along the way, and get a job.

1 Like

Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
My journey began with containers and Docker specifically. I tried something out that I believe is not only interesting but made me understand more in-depth about containers; docker in docker or rather running docker container in a docker container.
it turns out tutorials of this example are actually common out there on the internet. I decided to make mine unique by creating an image that when the container is created from this image it runs a binary file that pulls an image from the Docker repository and runs a container from this so-called "new image", waits for a while, and closed it. Below, I am going to try to do justice by explaining what I did to achieve this.

you can also check out the repo here https://github.com/rock16/docker-in-docker-example

1 Like

Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
first of all, we create a folder like what we have below were dind-example is the root folder, dockerfile is a file that defines our container image,

dind-example
|----- dockerfile
|----- gofolder
|---- app.go

dockerfile

FROM golang:1.18 AS build
ENV GO111MODULE=on
WORKDIR /mytemp
COPY /gofolder/go.mod .
COPY /gofolder/go.sum .
RUN go mod download
COPY /gofolder/app.go .
RUN GOOS=linux go build -a -installsuffix cgo -o app . && chmod +x ./app

FROM docker:dind
COPY --from=build /mytemp/app .
CMD [ "/app" ]

I used multistage build because I had to compile the go file, and the go file holds the code for pulling down images and creating containers within the container that get spun up from the image we are going to create from this dockerfile.
Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
I opened my terminal and ran
$ docker build -t <dockerhub-username>/<image-name>
to create the image

next to create a container from the image I ran
$ docker run  -t --name dindexample0 <dockerhub-username>/<image-name>

i got an error the images below shows the error and what I had to do to solve the problem.

Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
what is the use case?
sandboxing environment and ci pipeline are some use cases I could remember. sandboxing since containers provide a lightweight environment that is isolated from the host using namespace, cgroup, ability to adjust capabilities, and use of seccomp profile. though virtualization would be preferable over containerization if sandboxing is what we actually want plus my code should be used for experimentation purposes only and not for production.
Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by brianromel(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
Keep up the good work.

I just got started learning DevOps online I am currently enrolled with training school called Landmark.

Apparently they have been training and helping devops engineers get jobs.

You might want to check out their solutions group with over 3900 DevOps engineers

Check on telegram
LandmarkTech DevOps Help Desk

Or go to their website
mylandmarktech.com

3 Likes

Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by damoche64: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
How much is the training & is the job help certain? Telegram link not there & search not bringing the title.
brianromel:
Keep up the good work.

I just got started learning DevOps online I am currently enrolled with training school called Landmark.

You might want to check out their solutions group with over 3900 DevOps engineers

Check on telegram

Or go to their website
mylandmarktech.com
Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by LikeAking: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nice!
Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by demmyhandsome(m): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
brianromel:
Keep up the good work.

Check on telegram

Or go to their website
mylandmarktech.com

How much is their training fee?
Re: From A Class Teacher To Tech (DevOps) | progress Log by rockok: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2023
demmyhandsome:

How much is their training fee?
It's free. Though it's likely that one might have to pay for improved experience and things like getting a certificate.

(1) (Reply)

Are Most Programmers At Nairaland Based In Nigeria. / / Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.