Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,896 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) (65934 Views)

Recent Pictures From 8 Lanes Expressway In Aba, Handled By Arab Contractors. / Akwa Ibom Automobile Factory Near Completion (Pictures) / Lagos Airport Road Glitters At Night, Now Has 10 Lanes, Lagosians Hail Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
Norwichsailor:

Very silly person
Oboy fresh arguments dey , Akwa Ibom people in extension some Nigerians no know the difference btw lanes oo. Some say that 10 lanes road need get 10 dividers while some say 10 lanes no fit they Akwa ibom automatically means me , Akwa Ibom state government and even hensek the construction companies no know waiting 10lanes is ?
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
saintkeppy:

Not when travel and see massive highway in big cities in this country & abroad, and you will be blaming state Government.

Gov. Udom is working according to Uyo masterplan

Commend the Governor for the ongoing Oron-Airport Road expansion for once, that is what is expected in a modern city according to the Uyo Masterplan designed by Arc. Victor Attah, far back in 1987 when the State was created. Adjudge Uyo the State Capital to be the best Planned City, as Nigeria's 21st State Capital City.

The expansion is strategic linking the Airport and once the Seaport comes on stream, the issue of gridlock like what we having along Apapa Road in Lagos would be already addressed before time.

He is trying his best, I have seen nice &good high-rise building demolished, compensation paid just to give right-of-way to the ongoing expansion especially the right hand side of the Oron Road going to the Victor Attah International Airport from Uyo City, though I don't expect him to complete it due to time factor remaining for him in office, but the left hand side can be completed in the next Administration, but the Airport axis of the expansion will be completed maybe phase 1.

You can imagine pulling down structure in an already built area for road expansion, it's not easy, we will bear the incoviniences, the pains for tomorrow gains.
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Norwichsailor(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
Oboy fresh arguments dey , Akwa Ibom people in extension some Nigerians no know the difference btw lanes oo. Some say that 10 lane road need get 10 divers while some say 10 lanes no fit they Akwa ibom automatically means me , Akwa Ibom state government and even hensek the construction companies no know waiting 10lanes is ?
Why are you arguing with mad people, I just carefully avoided the argument. Some people don't just want to see anything exceptionally good from Akwa-ibom hence they behave bitter, so once I know you're like that me I can't engage you

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Opinedecandid:

Really?

Tell me how clueless Umo Eno is.

Pls this assumption is too hasty and baseless.

The hilltop mansion is no one's birthright, in particular.
And Umo Eno is even more competent than many others, argubly.

How is he competent than many others?
We don't need imposition, allow others a fair and a level playing ground to sell their manifesto.

I have seen well documented Manifesto or Blueprints from two serious Governorship Aspirants, what they have for the State, and how they intend to achieve them during the consultations, &they have lay it bare.
This shows preparedness

I am yet to see Pastor Umo Eno's own, if you have it please lemme have it so I can compare and contrast.
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Norwichsailor:

Why are you arguing with mad people, I just carefully avoided the argument. Some people don't just want to see anything exceptionally good from Akwa-ibom hence they behave bitter, so once I know you're like that me I can't engage you
I think I should follow your path and avoid them chai

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by jaytee01(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
GboyegaD:
Have they fixed the roads linking the villages to the cities? The airport isn't as economically viable to the detriment of other things. I still wonder how we set our priorities.
Akwa Ibom has the best intra State road network in the country, I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by CALEB1590(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ekpekus:
The durability of the job done by the local contractor will either give credence to the hype or wash it down...

Durability is one thing that is parallel with our construction.

Meanwhile... kudos Akwa IbomState for always making progress in infrastructure development. I hope human capital is also been developed.
There is a road that was built by zerock company and it is an indigenous company. This is over ten years, the road is still standing Gidiba. The ne of the road is okpu umuobo road in aba.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
Let me ask you the road Attah built we all call 4lanes is in reality is how many lanes?
4 X 4
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Ttalk: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
GboyegaD:
Have they fixed the roads linking the villages to the cities? The airport isn't as economically viable to the detriment of other things. I still wonder how we set our priorities.

Just the way you wear 20k jean on top of 500naira boxer
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:

God bless you sir

That's my State, I am a well informed personality, when I see an exceptional work done by an individual for the good of the people I must commend, atleast we elected Gov. Udom to work for the State.

I criticize constructively, when I see something wrong, I'll call for your attention.

Please tell whoever that is heading State Maintenance Agency to do the needful, potholes is becoming unbearable, from failed old roads, I am sure the Governor must have appropriate some funds to that agency, when he is not performing well, the buck stops at the Governor's table.
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Jerewise332(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
IDONGESIT NKANGA AVENUE (3RD RING ROAD) A WORLD-CLASS MASTERPIECE BY HENZEK ENGINEERING

By Emmanuel Nicholas

Indigenous construction firms were never trusted with the construction of a massive superhighway with 12 lanes, such as the Third Ring Road in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Never in the history of the state did anything close to that happen because such jobs were reserved for construction giants like Julius Berger, RCC, MCC, etc.

Many indigenous construction firms that bid for such projects did so solely to raise their profiles.
Without a doubt, Governor Udom Emmanuel is a leader who believes in cultivating and developing the Akwa Ibom brand as part of his Dakkada Philosophy.

Besides, the Dakkada Philosophy invites all Akwa Ibom people to conquer their fears, break down the barriers to their success and rise to the faith of their greatness.

That is why the governor’s decision to allow an indigenous firm, Henzek Engineering, to compete with multinational construction companies should be commended.

While the company has shown itself as a rising star, it has also demonstrated its ability to compete on an equal footing with multinational construction corporations.

The high-quality delivery of the Third Ring Road, which is nearing completion, is a strong statement that if given the opportunity, an Akwa Ibom person can excel in any profession.

The quality of the work is evident to all, but more importantly, the meticulous finishing of the road has dissuaded critics who had argued that awarding such a large contract to an indigenous company would be a waste of public funds and result in subpar service.

One of the problems of road construction in Nigeria over the years has been durability rather than inflated costs, and Engr Uwem Okoko, Managing Director of Henzek Engineering, deserves all praise for meeting the contract's obligations.

The Third Ring Road was built in accordance with the required engineering methods, according to those who are familiar with the project.

Every step of construction was handled with strict engineering precision - the demolition and removal of unsuitable soil, grading and sloping, preparation of the subbase, installation of the binder and surface course, asphalt surfacing as well as installation of butt joints and transitions.

A thorough final roll will complete the project and deliver a five-star superhighway to the state.

But let’s get back to the basics. Earthwork is one of the major phases in road construction and involves the removal of topsoil, along with any vegetation before scraping and grading the road area into a finished “formation level.”

This is usually done using a tractor shovel, grader, or bulldozer. Below the formation level, it is important that the strength of the soil, also known as the “subgrade,” is tested prior to the beginning of earthwork.

That was what informed the decision of Henzek Engineering to remove over six feet of unsuitable soil, refilled the road with pure red earth and compact it in three stages during the earthworks.

A high-quality precast drainage system was developed before the earth was refilled, just like other multinational construction companies do.

Where necessary, underground drains were constructed to adequately evacuate and discharge flood water to their terminal points.

Following the completion of the earthwork, the company built three levels of subgrades, each of which was around 50 meters in thickness .

Before the binder course was rolled, the stone-base concrete was laid out to the desired subgrade thickness, which was about 100mm.

The company's approach to asphalting has also left many pondering why such a large quantity of bitumen was poured on a single road.

This is because after the binder course was completed, three levels of asphalt were laid with the stage measuring 50 meters of rough surface bitumen, second stage also measured 50 meters (and contained small stones mixture) and while the finishing was done with pure nylon asphalt which gave the road its smooth and glassy spectacle.

Idongesit Nkanga Avenue is 9.5 kilometers long and has 12 lanes; two middle-road drains, two side drains, six concrete road dividers, and three roundabouts with water fountains at the Oron, Nwaniba, and Aka Road connections.
The last two lanes of the lovely road are illuminated by solar-powered floor lights and double middle floor lights.
Another appurtenance of the road is the provision of a concrete floor on the median with a narrow earth path for planting trees and flowers.

As part of safety measures, the company has not only installed iron barricades along the entire length of the road to prevent users from indiscriminate crossing but has also created crossing points at every 100 or 200 meters.

The two last lanes of the superhighway are provided with concrete-top walk paths and holes for planting of trees to beautify the road.

The high quality, the sheer magnificence, and the sense of durability of the Third Ring Road have made many wonder whether it was constructed by a local company. And the answer is a resounding “YES.”

When it comes to the construction industry, Henzek Engineering has proven the pundits wrong by making a bold statement with Idongesit Nkanga Avenue finishing .

The company today employs more than 5,000 workers, including both skilled and unskilled labour, and has more than 300 pieces of machinery in its yard.

That is why we can confidently assert that Henzek Engineering has what it takes to carry out any type of construction job on any given day, at any given time.

Engr Uwem Okoko has positioned the company to operate locally, nationally continental , and at the international level, thanks to Governor Emmanuel who understands that building indigenous economy provides opportunity to grow more enterprises with the concomitant rewards in job creation and poverty alleviation.

https://www.facebook.com/100001393423760/posts/pfbid02YNR5oggN9zK5g3UHmzUTmpKQMPgi8zc6eMBebGSYmMSaqwMadQdLfXQYpn8J7Lzvl/?d=n

Omo bloggers fit dey write nonsense to suits their lies..
Which airport road under completion?
Is it the abandon airport road that henzek has abandoned or there’s another one?

Before you quote me
I am leaving around airport road and I can tell you that the road is in devastating state or should we talked about flood that usually surrounds the airport road roundabout caused by the so called henzek construction company?

I know those who have not been to akwa ibom will applaud this thread.

And to Op before you post anything about the dualisation of airport road always checkmate your facts.
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by hupo: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
GboyegaD:
I am not an Akwaibomite but I can tell you for free that there is hardly any village in AKS that doesn’t have a link road to the city. Even the most remote villages are not exempted.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Dfynboi: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by phransix2: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
one wonder if you and your family is not subjected to poverty has we speak .. idio.t in nine colors

Ebot who is the richest man in your state? U eating fufu everyday doesn't mean u r rich unam!
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
GardenOfGod:

4 X 4
lol grin
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by phransix2: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
cherryCola:

Is only your father that stays in akwa ibom that is living in abject poverty.

Check well undecided .

You are in pains �
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
lol grin
Pardon me brother... But the one you said 10 lane... I don't get it right.
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
jaytee01:
Akwa Ibom has the best intra State road network in the country, I stand to be corrected.
you are correct
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ttalk:

Just the way you wear 20k jean on top of 500naira boxer
cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
Tomek09:
Dog meat people.
No be everybody from Akwa Ibom dey eat dog o...like me sef never taste am.
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
GardenOfGod:

Pardon me brother... But the one you said 10 lane... I don't get it right.
Go to hensek website yoh can confirm how many lanes it is ..
A standard lane is 12ft and the ones cutting across oron to
Nwaniba is 120 ft lanes in width while the one to the airport will be 96ft .. do your math now
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by wiseone28: 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
GardenOfGod:

Ayin ukaň nyin anyem, nyayom adukid fien usen ked.
Dah ette ayem ikung itid

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
nawa4naija:
What I see here is just 4 lane

Which one is 8 lane and 10 lane again.

One Lane accommodates atleast 2 cars or trucks, that's what it means.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by jamace(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Akwa Ibom ayaya o.

Gov Emma, song idem o.. cool

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
saintkeppy:

One Lane accommodates atleast 2 cars or trucks, that's what it means.
may God richly bless you .., chai yoh are the only one that understands what lane means .. pls where are you from ?
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Elock1: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Udom really tried for this state. The only fuckup of Udom Emmanuel is trying to imposed the clueless Umoh Eno on the good people of my state.
how will u know he is clueless when he hasn't even entered sef

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
Elock1:
how will u know he is clueless when he hasn't even entered sef
I just tire for our people

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Theo28: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
GboyegaD:

well I can boldly say as an akwaibomite less than 26% of village roads linking major roads are yet to be done. My village inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
allen113:
Never in the history of the state did anything close to that happen because such jobs were reserved for construction giants like Julius Berger, RCC, MCC, etc.

The reason is because indigenous construction firms most times disappoint. Common Street they will give to them to construct they will build rubbish and in less than one year the roads will go bad

Yeah, they economize funds given to them by the State government by building substandard roads, we are having potholes now all-over in some of those roads, I'm not a local contractor person because I like quality job delivery, but some local contractors have really carve a niche for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by Rhozabeth(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
I base here

Ok, i only visited a couple of times!
Re: Akwa Ibom 10-Lane & 8-Lanes Leading To The Airport Near Completion (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hunchogee:
may God richly bless you .., chai yoh are the only one that understands what lane means .. pls where are you from ?

I'm from AKS, an Oro Nation guyman smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Commissions 264 Units Of Flats In Lekki / Pictures And Video From Hannan Buhari's Wedding In Abuja / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.