Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot (1886 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls this is a very serious matter and I need all the advice or help possible especially if you have been in this situation.

There is a BIG RAT that entered my flat. How it entered I don't know. But I have tried everything to let it leave or to kill it to no avail.

The rat OPENS MY COOKING POT and eats from it. At first I thought I do forget and leave my pot open. Only for me to find out one night that it's the rat that opens my pot by midnight. The rat operates from midnight to about 4am daily.

I have bought and used rat poison of different types. It eats the poison and nothing happens. I buy other types of rat poison and it avoids it completely. I recently bought rat trap it pushed it aside and avoids it completely.

Please help me. The rat is really harassing us in our own flat.

How do I get rid of it? The fear of Lassa fever is real. People are saying it's spiritual rat or that it was sent or that it is there to monitor. I don't know what to make of it. I want it dead and gone.

Pls what should I do?

Pls help. This is not a joke. It is a very serious matter. Pls mod help push it to front page and the relevant section.

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Cubalabloo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
If you feel helpless, just live the goddamn house for the goddamn rat.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Shalommy(f): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
Op, observe your neighbors wella.. Na winch be that la undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by matrixme(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Just buy a cat. Cats are natural enemies of rats. They eat rats. Since I got my cat, I've had rest of mind with rat menace. Now my cat goes to hunt rats from the neighbors and brings it home for dinner.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Zonefree(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Time to make use of your moniker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Tokskob2008: 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Cubalabloo:
If you feel helpless, just live the goddamn house for the goddamn rat.
Lol ,make the rat continue paying for the rent right?

Seriously some rats are extremely big and can be very stubborn to eliminate but then op don't you think it's time you turn the whole house upside down and do confirm sanitation exercise

1 Like

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Solohmony: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Rat bandit.

1 Like

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Cypress042(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Zonefree:
Time to make use of your moniker.
shocked you saw that right ? smiley
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Weezyclan(m): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Spray tear gas inside your house. This will make the rat to sleep off, make sure you put on a gas mask on your face to avoid passing out. Finally locate the rat and stab it 5 times grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by chii8(f): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Weezyclan:
Spray tear gas inside your house. This will make the rat to sleep off, make sure you put on a gas mask on your face to avoid passing out. Finally locate the rat and stab it 5 times grin grin

Just for a rat? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by godofuck231: 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Get a drum , and a straight stick or plank and lean it on the open drum, make sure its deep enough not to allow the rat jump out , put peanut butter and roasted crayfish inside ,you can roast them to make the smell more sexy , keep all foods away as in don even cook that night ,you will see your new neighbors like witches struck by lightning in the morning

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Abfinest007(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
Human rat
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Abfinest007(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
U have a new tenant in ur home d best thing is to handover ur home to a bigger caretaker "cat" and watch how it goes
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
Simple matter way cat fit help u solve, u come here dey cry. undecided
Go buy cat joor.
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by mastermaestro(m): 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
I can relate. grin Some people will think you are joking. I had a similar experience when I moved into my current apartment. Unfortunately those huge rats are resistant to the regular rat poison those vendors sell now. If you like litter your entire kitchen with it, they will eat and clean mouth. grin

Your first step would be to plug all the holes in your apartment. Get some quantity of cement and sand, do the mixture and lock all holes inside your apartment. Check for holes in the rooms, toilet, bathroom, wardrobe, and socket spots. I am telling you what I did. If you are able to do this, then if any of them gets dug out the next day, then you should know where your problem lies. Then you can now use a little piece of rock or foam, squeeze it into the hole before applying mixture of cement and sand.

As I type a particular big rat is trapped inside a hole in my bathroom. grin Every night it tries to come out through the water outlet without success. But for a while now, the noise has stopped. Dude may be dead. grin

Back to the measures I took. Check the entrance of your apartment for holes and block all of them. Do the same thing around your apartment walls, especially towards the ground. When you have successfully closed up all hiding places, get ready to confront the rat. You either get a trap, or have a weapon on standby as you rely on your vigilance to kill it at the slightest opportunity. Yes this was how I eliminated the last rat that wouldn’t go away because it had nowhere to hide anymore. It was a joyful ending. cheesy

I detest rats! angry Finally, ensure you don’t leave your entrance doors open if you have no protective net doors. This is the commonest way rats enter an apartment, especially in the evenings.

9 Likes

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by jmoore(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stop cooking!!
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by zumbigbo(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
E sign tenancy contract?
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by kernniejay(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stay awake in the night with a torch and a rod or any stick close to you, once you notice the rat has started its operation, tip-toe towards where it is, flash your torch and attack it with brute force, treat it like an armed robber you've been waiting for. grin

3 Likes

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Vijuchoco(f): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hmmmm.. This is strange o. How can a rat open a well covered pot of food
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
I was very surprised when I discovered it opens my pots. At first I felt I left the pot open and went to bed. Only to hear it opening my pot at around midnight.
Vijuchoco:
Hmmmm.. This is strange o. How can a rat open a well covered pot of food
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
mastermaestro:
I can relate. grin Some people will think you are joking. I had a similar experience when I moved into my current apartment. Unfortunately those huge rats are resistant to the regular rat poison those vendors sell now. If you like litter your entire kitchen with it, they will eat and clean mouth. grin

Your first step would be to plug all the holes in your apartment. Get some quantity of cement and sand, do the mixture and lock all holes inside your apartment. Check for holes in the rooms, toilet, bathroom, wardrobe, and socket spots. I am telling you what I did. If you are able to do this, then if any of them gets dug out the next day, then you should know where your problem lies. Then you can now use a little piece of rock or foam, squeeze it into the hole before applying mixture of cement and sand.

As I type a particular big rat is trapped inside a hole in my bathroom. grin Every night it tries to come out through the water outlet without success. But for a while now, the noise has stopped. Dude may be dead. grin

Back to the measures I took. Check the entrance of your apartment for holes and block all of them. Do the same thing around your apartment walls, especially towards the ground. When you have successfully closed up all hiding places, get ready to confront the rat. You either get a trap, or have a weapon on standby as you rely on your vigilance to kill it at the slightest opportunity. Yes this was how I eliminated the last rat that wouldn’t go away because it had nowhere to hide anymore. It was a joyful ending. cheesy

I detest rats! angry Finally, ensure you don’t leave your entrance doors open if you have no protective net doors. This is the commonest way rats enter an apartment, especially in the evenings.

Thank you very much. I would try what you've mentioned above.
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Beebah2000:
Simple matter way cat fit help u solve, u come here dey cry. undecided
Go buy cat joor.

Buy cat from where? How do I feed the cat? What happens to the cat afterwards? Do I not raise the cat as a met? It's not a simple as you make it sound.
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
How do I observe them?
Shalommy:
Op, observe your neighbors wella.. Na winch be that la undecided
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
godofuck231:
Get a drum , and a straight stick or plank and lean it on the open drum, make sure its deep enough not to allow the rat jump out , put peanut butter and roasted crayfish inside ,you can roast them to make the smell more sexy , keep all foods away as in don even cook that night ,you will see your new neighbors like witches struck by lightning in the morning

Sounds like a brilliant idea �

1 Like

Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
MySuperPower:

Buy cat from where? How do I feed the cat? What happens to the cat afterwards? Do I not raise the cat as a met? It's not a simple as you make it sound.
Go pet shop na. undecided
Cats na shakara animal them be.
The cat sef go dey do yanga to chop your food sef cheesy
No be by force to buy cat, it seems like u enjoy living with the Rat way no dey pay money for rent, him still dey chop your food on top. cheesy grin
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by mastermaestro(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2022
MySuperPower:

Thank you very much. I would try what you've mentioned above.

My pleasure.
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Vijuchoco(f): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
MySuperPower:
I was very surprised when I discovered it opens my pots. At first I felt I left the pot open and went to bed. Only to hear it opening my pot at around midnight.
Now this is funny.. cheesy grin
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:18am On Jul 12, 2022
MySuperPower:
Hello everyone,

Pls this is a very serious matter and I need all the advice or help possible especially if you have been in this situation.

There is a BIG RAT that entered my flat. How it entered I don't know. But I have tried everything to let it leave or to kill it to no avail.

The rat OPENS MY COOKING POT and eats from it. At first I thought I do forget and leave my pot open. Only for me to find out one night that it's the rat that opens my pot by midnight. The rat operates from midnight to about 4am daily.

I have bought and used rat poison of different types. It eats the poison and nothing happens. I buy other types of rat poison and it avoids it completely. I recently bought rat trap it pushed it aside and avoids it completely.

Please help me. The rat is really harassing us in our own flat.

How do I get rid of it? The fear of Lassa fever is real. People are saying it's spiritual rat or that it was sent or that it is there to monitor. I don't know what to make of it. I want it dead and gone.

Pls what should I do?

Pls help. This is not a joke. It is a very serious matter. Pls mod help push it to front page and the relevant section.

you are telling us that you are being out smarted by a rat ?

lots of DIY videos on youtube of how make home traps for rats
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Nazgul: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Buy indocil (hope I spelt it correctly) sprinkle it on boiled fish and keep it in various places in your room, in less than a week, the smell of dead rat would begin to pollute your room, locate the dead rat and dispose it.
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by Tosadel(f): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
I can relate. I've been in a similar situation. All efforts proved abortive. I will cook soup, rats will eat all the meat and fish in the soup and cover the pot back. Las las, I had to leave the apartment oooo
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by MySuperPower: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tosadel:
I can relate. I've been in a similar situation. All efforts proved abortive. I will cook soup, rats will eat all the meat and fish in the soup and cover the pot back. Las las, I had to leave the apartment oooo

Are you being serious?
Re: Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot by xristos(m): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2022
I'm shocked but cant express it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Wants This MTN Free Recharge Card? / Your Home Isn't Complete / Do You Believe In Surrogate Babies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.