Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate (25843 Views)

Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Olusegun Bamgbose: I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Latestreport1: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
The Presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Friday gave reasons why he picked Dr. Yusuf Baba-Ahmed as his running mate for the 2023 presidency.

Video of Peter Obi and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gelyu-Zgslg

Obi, at a news conference in Abuja, with the theme “Journey to Nigeria’s Rebirth Begins Today,” said he chose Baba-Ahmed because he is eminently qualified.

“I have the honour to present to you somebody I can call a friend, a younger brother and God willing the next vice president of Nigeria in the name of Sen. Yusuf Baba-Ahmed .

“He has been described as one of the brightest, youngest personalities in Nigeria who has distinguished himself in all areas.

“He brings to this mission a great wealth of experience from the background on the private sector to public sector and a global knowledge that will help in a journey of turning around this country.

“Today, our country is facing so many challenges which I don’t want to mention because we are just here to introduce our Vice Presidential candidate.

“I will not be doing a great service to the country if I don’t mention some of them , we are today the poverty capital of the world.

“We are today, hugely indebted; people are hungry and angry and all these are the cumulation of bad leadership,” Obi said.

Obi added that the party would bring all Nigerians into a big tent where everybody would be involved in ending the primitive politics of ethnicity, religion and all sorts of things.

He said that the party would have a team of people who would join in building the Nigeria they desired and hope in the country .

“The two of us with the same background will be able to start this process. Now that we have completed the cycle of nominations, we will soon in the next few days or more, be able to come out with policies and manifestos that would be anchored on the 17 SDG positions.

“This is because we must rescue this country, ensure that this country is secured; this country is united and this country is productive.”

Obi said the party would transform the vast lands in the north to oil, adding that land was the equivalent asset and it would be engaged agriculturally.

He said the country would be transformed and it would be productive again, leveraging on the knowledge of the two candidates from the private sector.

“It is not just going to be two of us, it is not our election but your election. Those who tell you about structures, tell them your children, your family; you are the structures. They cannot continue to scare us with those words.

“We will take back our country and even convert them into the structures, their structures will be our structures, they will follow us,” he said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/07/08/updated-why-i-picked-baba-ahmed-as-my-running-mate-peter-obi/%3famp=1

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Kingspin(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nicemate

But wait o
Who will try to vote for Tinubu if Dr Akinwumi A. Adesina is in town?

We know what we are doing in this country

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Tinubu swines and lapdogs who survives on inhaling his farts everyday should please stay off this thread. Thank you.

187 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Ghester: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2022
My able president

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by ajekpaks(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
cool

This Obi be like Muhammed Ali in his prime... the way him just dey conquer these folks is Amazing...

They say Obi supporters are toxic but the truth is Obis political moves is actually what is dealing with them Wotoferociously..., them no dey even smell the man face at all that's why they're attacking his supporters...

Damn...

Atiku trail is going cold
Tinubu is emeshed in a VP conundrum

But Obi is busy Piloting his Campaign like a seasoned and professional Pilot

the guy na Great Grand Chess master...

Omo I respect ohh

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by floss(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ok.... Those supporting this government during covid -19 and Endsars era, hope you guys are living in Asukoro Abuja, Banana Island Lagos..

The funny thing about Tinubu's government if it will ever come to pass is that he will be there as figure head, the north will always over see to the affairs of the corn tree.

Atiku chose Okowa because he doesn't want anyone to challenge him like he did to Obj ..but karma is real.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Naijasermons(f): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Truth is painful. Truth is bitter. But it's never stale...

Are you looking for where to download latest Christian Sermons, Worship Songs, Ebooks & Audio Bible for FREE?? Visit Naijasermons right now. Some of the ministers you can get their messages there include - Apostle Joshua Selman, Arome Osayi, Mike Orokpo, Min. Theophilus Sunday, Bro. Gbile Akanni, Pastor E.A Adeboye and 50+ ministers.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by ZendayaColeman(f): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. On your mandate we the reasonable youths stand gidigba.

Ignore them Seunmsg & co they're selfish useless urchins wey no get life

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by ttemmi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
It will end in wailing. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by DropsMic(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Peter obi is the way the truth and the life

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by NwaNimo1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
[img]https://giffiles./216/216346.gif[/img]

Say 'No' to incompetence!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by wonder233: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
I think voting rights should be taken away from illiterates, especially in climes like ours where the literacy rate is low.
Educated objective people's votes will be wiped out by stark illiterates who know nothing other than what they've been told about tribe and religion.
Yes there are educated people who choose not to be objective, but it would be a fairer contest if the battle was just between those who are educated and objective and those who educated and unobjective. The latter are gleefully banking on the illiterates votes to make up their numbers and give them victory - that's why you hear terms like "structure", "electoral value", "politics is local", "grassroots", etc.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Sabadon(m): 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Pin this comment and remember you heard it first here,

After 2023, Nigerians and subsequent generations wont know how to spell obedient again, cos it ll all be OBIdient grin grin grin

Not with what top to bottom have done

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Goodson15: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Confirm team,NIGERIA will not miss this great opportunity to elect QAULIFY and credible leader,by God's willing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Alexis11: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
There is nothing special about this Obi of a guy. He's just another politician with sweet mouth that is riding on social media frenzy and ethnic support.

He did not turn the economy of small Anambra around in 8 years. Doctors were on 13 months strike, state ASUU on 6 months strike.

People were being killed by the boys in uniform.

Obi is just an average Nigerian politician imo.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Nonso92(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Looking forward to 2023

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by PreacherMan007: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Let's all Be OBI-dient and Yus-ful in 2023 election to take back our country from terrorist sympathizers and cankerworms. On Peter Obi's mandate I stand. God bless Nigeria.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
The best combination ever since the forced Lugard amalgamation

I hope Nigerians will be literate this time;

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by mrvictornews: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by frog12: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
i think dr. obadiah mailafia is better than this ahmed man. but the man has been robbed. even this baze university, i no know where the money come from.
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Omicron123: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
I wish Nigerians can be reasonable enough to see that these men are the right people to redeem our image and make Nigeria great again.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Alexis11: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
Tinubu swines and lapdogs who survives on inhaling his farts everyday should please stay off this thread. Thank you.

Lol I pity you

Tinubu is your next President.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Selfkontrol: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Z
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by Wisejohnson47(m): 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
God please give us this people, WOW

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by WhizdomXX(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nl still putting out news by this time, that's interesting.
Think wisely and in the interest of the Church, the Mosque and the Nation before you vote in 2023. Make Nigeria Great Again.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by annyplenty(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
God, please save and heal Nigeria in Jesus name.Give us a leader who will do your will and help the poor.

When the righteous is in power, the people rejoice.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by dler07: 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate by DSC7: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Two visionary minds cool

Those who tell you about structures, tell them your children, your family; you are the structures. They cannot continue to scare us with those words.

“We will take back our country and even convert them into the structures, their structures will be our structures, they will follow us,”

Obi Ahmed all the way....

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Likens Peter Obi and Okupe To Anini And Monday Osunbor / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja / Fani Kayode Reacts Over Dino Melaye, Adeyanju deji Arrested, Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.