Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? (1832 Views)

Woman Rejects Keke As Push Gift Not Knowing That A Car Gift Was Coming / Nigerian Groom & Bride Storm Wedding Reception In Keke Convoy, Photos Stun Many / Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
I Often hear Nigerians say ' Some of our First Class Graduates are now Riding Keke and Okada because of Unemployment and Hardship!

Is this really Possible? undecided

In my Alma Matter (Delsu,Abraka), First Class Graduates were treated like Princes!

SO, FIRST CLASS UNIVERSITY OR POLYTECHNIC DISTINCTION GRADUATES RIDING KEKE AND OKADA.
IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Take to FP. Thanks!
Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Boogyman557: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
Holly Gram cool OP. I be FIRST CLASS GRADUATE..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by pyyxxaro: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
OP Is it Possible for a First Class Graduate to become a BANDIT tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Massiveglory: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
In a country where tribalism and nepotism reigns, it is very possible.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by JASONjnr(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
It's very possible.... I've seen a master's degree holder driving bolt and along....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Candidlady: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stroll down to abuja

You'd see enough guys with first class running bolt and uber

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by datola: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
It's not possible except by choice

First class products are highly sought after.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
It's very possible.... I've seen a master's degree holder driving bolt and along....

Yeah, you are correct.

In a small School close to my area, Was shocked when i heard one of the teacher is a Master's degree Holder! shocked
Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by JASONjnr(m): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Yeah, you are correct.

In a small School close to my area, Was shocked when i heard one of the teacher is a Master's degree Holder! shocked

The problem is the system...

Read today a topic at the front page how the young was sent a job invite from the school he graduated from... His master's degree.

Heard people say that the schools in the Europe will often give out your names to companies for employment.

In Nigeria, you're asked to go on a compulsory youth service and after that, you return to your father's house ...

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Omihanifa: 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
If PHD holders can be applying for driver position in dangote industries then what's first class. The way Nigeria is at the moment without God and right connection, you degree is useless. It's just an ordinary A4 paper

Go to places like Minna, ekiti, ondo state you go see brilliant guys that made first class and second class upper with no job. Some even sit down in bet9ja shops from morning till evening.

I have even seen a master's degree holder doing cashier in a bet shop before in Abuja. He's the oldest amongst the cashier. Imagine ssce holders talking to him anyhow because of the situation of the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/6-ph-d-704-masters-holders-among-applicants-for-drivers-job-in-dangote/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Omihanifa:
If PHD holders can be applying for driver position in dangote industries then what's first class. The way Nigeria is at the moment without God and right connection, you degree is useless. It's just an ordinary A4 paper

Go to places like Minna, ekiti, ondo state you go see brilliant guys that made first class and second class upper with no job. Some even sit down in bet9ja shops from morning till evening.

I have even seen a master's degree holder doing cashier in a bet shop before in Abuja. He's the oldest amongst the cashier. Imagine ssce holders talking to him anyhow because of the situation of the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/6-ph-d-704-masters-holders-among-applicants-for-drivers-job-in-dangote/amp/

A M.Sc holder working as a Cashier in a Betshop? shocked[quote author=Omihanifa post=114551263]If PHD holders can be applying for driver position in dangote industries then what's first class. The way Nigeria is at the moment without God and right connection, you degree is useless. It's just an ordinary A4 paper

https://www.google.com/amp/s
/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/6-ph-d-704-masters-holders-among-applicants-for-drivers-job-in-dangote

[quote author=Omihanifa post=114551263]If PHD holders can be applying for driver position in dangote industries then what's first class. The way Nigeria is at the moment without God and right connection, you degree is useless. It's just an ordinary A4 paper

A M.Sc holder working as a Cashier in a Betshop? shocked[quote author=Omihanifa post=114551263]If PHD holders can be applying for driver position in dangote industries then what's first class. The way Nigeria is at the moment without God and right connection, you degree is useless. It's just an ordinary A4 paper

https://www.google.com/amp/s
/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/6-ph-d-704-masters-holders-among-applicants-for-drivers-job-in-dangote/amp/

A M.Sc holder working as a Cashier in a Betshop?
Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by ahnie: 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
Here to learn and read comments.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Omihanifa: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=114551493][/quote]

Yes. In a bet9ja shop in kubwa Abuja. If not that the guy showed me proofs and pictures I would have doubted him.

How u wish the mods can push this topic to the front page. You go hear more shocking stories. When people are saying Nigeria is gone. I didn't really understand the really meaning of that statement until I graduated from the university 5years ago.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Macphenson: 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
Vinnie2000:

I Often hear Nigerians say ' Some of our First Class Graduates are now Riding Keke and Okada because of Unemployment and Hardship!

In my Alma Matter (Delsu,Abraka), First Class Graduates were treated like Princes!

SO, FIRST CLASS UNIVERSITY OR POLYTECHNIC DISTINCTION GRADUATES RIDING KEKE AND OKADA.
IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Take to FP. Thanks!

Yes it is, I have a first class currently working on my site as a Labourer. The day the person that brought him to my site told me about him, I started shedding tears.
Right now am even looking for job for him because its becoming increasingly difficult for me to behold a first class working as a Labourer on my site.
He studied chemistry.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Mindlog: 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Macphenson:

Yes it is, I have a first class currently working on my site as a Labourer. The day the person that brought him to my site told me about him, I started shedding tears.
Right now am even looking for job for him because its becoming increasingly difficult for me to behold a first class working as a Labourer on my site.
He studied chemistry.

He also has to be creative and not just be looking for jobs. You see that Ojota chemical market in Lagos, he can comfortably earn his livelihood there if he is determined.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Kelechi009: 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Mindlog:

He also has to be creative and not just be looking for jobs. You see that Ojota chemical market in Lagos, he can comfortably earn his livelihood there if he is determined.

You think if people think this way, they wouldn't be in the position they are. That was why I asked if your career path had prospects the last time, because I was tired of people not being able to tie their passion to income generating careers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Kelechi009: 11:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Macphenson:

He studied chemistry.

He is probably brilliant but had no guidance growing up. I'm afraid that with his mindset, he will suffer more downfall. The art of making money is basically providing value that people can pay for, simple as abc. Your certificates don't matter in that regard, and when they actually do, it is because your certificate in that career path is what people are willing to pay for. You cannot pursue a career that your economy doesn't cater for, except you leave that economy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Mindlog: 12:10am On Jul 09, 2022
Kelechi009:

You think if people think this way, they wouldn't be in the position they are. That was why I asked if your career path had prospects the last time, because I was tired of people not being able to tie their passion to income generating careers.

Mine was income generating before I arrived the UK, even from my third year as an undergraduate working in a therapy practice. I remember our H.O.D back then telling us in our first year that if by our third year we are not already earning income from what we have been taught, we are just wasting our time! wink

I know that Ojota chemical market very well because it was my hood, guys who mix chemicals there are cashing out. There is a lady who trended recently (not naming her), she is a 2.1 graduate of chemistry from Unilag and she is into bespoke body cream, many celebs are her clients and she is earning very well.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Kelechi009: 12:15am On Jul 09, 2022
Mindlog:

Mine was income generating before I arrived the UK, even from my third year as an undergraduate working in a therapy practice. I remember our H.O.D back then telling us in our first year that if by our third year we are not already earning income from what we have been taught, we are just wasting our time! wink

I know that Ojota chemical market very well because it was my hood, guys who mix chemicals there are cashing out. There is a lady who trended recently (not naming her), she is a 2.1 graduate of chemistry from Unilag and she is into bespoke body cream, many celebs are her clients and she is earning very well.

She is definitely providing value, thats why she is making it. I am sure this 1st class graduate has been carrying his CV about without doing anything tangible since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:39am On Jul 09, 2022
It's possible though if the first class graduate doesn't have sufficient information but it's very very rare honestly. Also I think depends on school. I don't think a first class graduate of unilag can drive Keke. He would have known about GRE and all foreign exams before graduation and a vast alumni network that would happily pay for all of that if the person is willing.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Gerrard59(m): 5:13am On Jul 09, 2022
Macphenson:

He studied chemistry.

How many graduate trainee jobs has he applied to? How many job tests has he written? How many did he ace? How many interviews has he been involved in? Has he heard about GRE? Has he attempted GMAT in his life? How old is he presently?

Those are questions he needs to answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:45am On Jul 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
It's possible though if the first class graduate doesn't have sufficient information but it's very very rare honestly. Also I think depends on school. I don't think a first class graduate of unilag can drive Keke. He would have known about GRE and all foreign exams before graduation and a vast alumni network that would happily pay for all of that if the person is willing.

A Unilag First Class graduate becoming a Keke Rider? Not Possible, right?

In my School Delsu, Abraka, First Class Graduates had lots of Juicy and Lucrative offers upon Graduation. (Particularly during the administration of Emmanuel Uduaghan. Cant say for Okowa.)
Even UNIBEN First Class graduates are Big boys in Town!

So i find it hard to believe all those Keke and Okada stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by satandeterrible: 7:05am On Jul 09, 2022
First class graduates from most Federal and even State universities are retained as lecturers.

So it is very rarely possible to see such.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by talk2hb1(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2022
I won't talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2022
talk2hb1:
I won't talk

Ogbeni, talk o. Let's know the truth. Have you heard or seen?
Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Spherica17: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Ogbeni, talk o. Let's know the truth. Have you heard or seen?
I have seen, though not a driver but a menial job (factory worker)

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by naija4life247: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2022
Vinnie2000:

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Take to FP. Thanks!

Yes, if you have First Class in senseless courses e.g. Philosophy, Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, e.t.c.

If you study any of the courses I listed above, and you are angry that I mentioned your useless course, and you cannot just ignore and lick your wounds in silence. If you quote me and throw abuses and curses, I will give you Fire for Fire. I am available and ready.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Kelechi009: 11:03am On Jul 09, 2022
Vinnie2000:

A Unilag First Class graduate becoming a Keke Rider? Not Possible, right?

In my School Delsu, Abraka, First Class Graduates had lots of Juicy and Lucrative offers upon Graduation. (Particularly during the administration of Emmanuel Uduaghan. Cant say for Okowa.)
Even UNIBEN First Class graduates are Big boys in Town!

So i find it hard to believe all those Keke and Okada stuffs.

It could be 1st class graduate in Igbo or Yoruba language studies, so you can't tell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by naija4life247: 11:18am On Jul 09, 2022
Kelechi009:

It could be 1st class graduate in Igbo or Yoruba language studies, so you can't tell.

No, it can't be in any of the languages you mentioned.

If it's First Class in Yoruba language, he will become a Babalawo and be doing Juju for Yahoo boys.

If it's First Class in Igbo language, he will become Dibia and be doing Juju for those who wants to traffic drugs abroad.

So, it's definitely First Class in some other useless courses that have turned to curses.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Foodqueen(f): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2022
Everything and anything is possible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
naija4life247:

If it's First Class in Yoruba language, he will become a Babalawo and be doing Juju for Yahoo boys.

If it's First Class in Igbo language, he will become Dibia and be doing Juju for those who wants to traffic drugs abroad.

So, it's definitely First Class in some other useless courses that have turned to curses.

This Guy, the way you are Hating on Sociology, Philosophy and Co is Serious!

It's like one of them is ur Department, you committed an offence and them drive you comot! cheesy
naija4life247:

Re: Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? by naija4life247: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Vinnie2000:

This Guy, the way you are Hating on Sociology, Philosophy and Co is Serious!

It's like one of them is ur Department, you committed an offence and them drive you comot! cheesy

My brother, those are not departments, they are dejected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 27th Birthday John Obavoh / My Husband Of 10 Years Threw Me Out And Is Living With Another Woman / Husband Arrives Home At 7.00am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.