Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit (22117 Views)

Bandits Impose ₦‎2Million Levy On Zamfara Communities, 200k At Each Polling Unit / PDP Storms Daura, Katsina. Launches 100 Votes For Each Polling Unit (Photos) / Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by powerfulguy: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2022
Prof. Pat Utomi, the Convener, The Big Tent of the Third Force, says the coalition and the Labour Party (LP) plan to deploy at least 15 agents each to polling booths in the country to help safeguard votes in 2023 general elections.

Utomi, the Chairman, National Consultative Front (NCFront) and a leader in the Labour Party, disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Lagos on Election Agenda.

According to him, the coalition has worked and made much sacrifice to get Nigeria to move from state capture by aging oligarchs and to make the nation overcome its numerous security and economic challenges.

“The broad coalition of women, youth, professionals and the intellectuals which has adopted the leadership of the Labour Party and Peter Obi is serving notice that in addition to its agents which will number up to 15 in each polling booth in the country, it will use technology to guard the votes of Nigerians in 2023."

He said the organization would in the next week, unveil the details of Mass Polling Booth education programmes and the retreat for the gubernatorial candidates and ideology workshops for all Third Force candidates.

The convener, who expressed delight that Nigerians’ political awareness had continued to rise, said “People have awoken. They want to take back their country”.

He said that the coalition and LP were planning to counter all electoral manipulations and violence in 2023 that could throw up bad leaders.

“The last frontier before liberation for the people is in checkmating the traditional ways and means by which they thwart the will of the people.

“These include Election fraud or rigging, vote buying, manipulating of electronic voting, equipment and voter intimidation, as well as abuse of emotions around ethnicity, religion and region,” Utomi added.

According to him, the coalition will inaugurate Big Tent Think Tank to harmonise the original manifesto of the Labour Movement with the production focused philosophy of its Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi.

He said this would include the production and value chain-based ideas of a competitive economy, based on the latent comparative advantage of the different parts of Nigeria aimed at sustainable manufacturing espoused for years.

Utomi said contrary to claims about the governance capacity, structure, and manifesto of the Big Tent of the Third Force (which has the Labour Party and its Presidential Candidate, Obi as arrow head of a collegial leadership initiative), the coalition was ready to provide needed leadership.

According to him, leadership has networks reaching down to every polling booth through the 36 political commissions of both the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress.

Utomi said the structure of the Big Tent had been deepened by the passion with which the people, young and old were motivated to buy into the reform pointed to by Mr Peter Obi.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/2023-coalition-labour-party-to-deploy-15-agents-to-each-polling-unit/hqegtj2?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Baawaa(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2022
G
Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by alsudan: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2022
The Old Thieves don’t know what’s coming.

Every Student who has been on strike for over 3 years in Buhari’s seven years so far will be part of that 15 agents per Polling Unit.

Also, every Nigerian Worker who’s paid a minimum wage of 49 dollars (30k sic), every Nigerian ravaged by terrorists, those whose businesses got ruined, because there’s no power and can’t afford Diesel at 900 naira per liter.

Those who have finished schools and are unemployed with no government grants to be self employed.

Those who can’t afford hospitals or good roads, have all come out to say enough is enough.

361 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2022
It's like they have been reading my criticism

Na this one be part of the structure been talked about

But the truth is labour Party don't have the structure to cough out even 1 agent in every polling unit

Rural areas in southern Nigeria, the core north these are areas with little obi social media fever

They constitute the major voting areas

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by MrPolitics: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2022
There are over 120,000 polling units in Nigeria.
I’m sorry but Labour Party doesn’t have the number to have agents in each polling unit

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by rayvelez(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Ready to rescue this failing country from the corrupt oligarchs.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Seniorwriter(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Interesting times ahead...

MrPolitics:
I’m sorry but Labour Party doesn’t have the number to have agents in each polling unit
Pinned.... it'll be fixed...
rayvelez:

That’s your own opinion but we won’t mind if you volunteer.
Comrade calm down ...no vawulence please he gave out a good and useful detail expo.

Get your PVC ready .
THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN!....
Pinned emphasis on the word Labour
I'm sure the word is gradually playing a role on the political party called Labour Party

We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come next year and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.

@Seniorwriter

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by rayvelez(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2022
MrPolitics:

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

But the truth is labour Party don't have the structure to cough out even 1 agent in every polling unit
The NLC does not have structure? Besides both the LP presidential and vice presidential candidates are both billionaires in their own rights and must be ready to spend some money

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2022
rayvelez:

it's the truth not opinion

Which youth go volunteer spend him money go maiduguri to go do agent work

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

The NLC does not have structure? Besides both the LP presidential and vice presidential candidates are both billionaires in their own rights and must be ready to spend some money
good to see you are seeing reality

Obi and his VP won't spend, how much can dey even spend

These polling units are controlled by wards that play local family politics, wrapper, salt, rice, etc have been used by the state governor's to entice them for years

Am talking politics in the rural setting, unless it's the north where they would eat your money and the ward leaders of apc would still connive with PDP for overall northern interest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Pandev(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2022
like seriously? grin as at last year, total number of polling units in Nigeria is 176974. I don't know if new ones have been added. So 176974 multiply by 15 is 2,654,610. Make I no talk before our violent neighbor start coming for my head. grin

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by eunisam: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2022
I'm ready to be a volunteer, if you are ready gather here and use the like button.

216 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2022
eunisam:
I'm ready to be a volunteer, if you are ready gather here and use the like button.
no be online Dem dey go agent

Where you dey when labour was finding agent for Ekiti election and couldn't see

Osun election dey come, you go still see say no agent

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by alsudan: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Pandev:
like seriously? grin

That’s Pandev with a DI.CK on his bald head, guess won’t be wrong if I called Pandev a DI.CK HEAD.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by TakeBackNaija: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2022
Wow, I'm happy to hear that Labour Party leaders are actively working proactively to ensure that 2023 won't be rigged.

The criminal called Yekini Amoda's only hope of winning is rigging and vote buying but God will shame him!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by OBALOLA55(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2022
SEUNMSG AND MUYKEM WILL NOT LIKE THIS NEWSsad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Penguin2: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Things I like to hear.

Baba Sope and his herds of brainless urchins who are hoping to win the election through rigging should know that we are prepared.

I’ve always laughed when I hear idiots ask who will protect votes at polling units as if Peter Obi and his promoters are unaware of the vultures in APC and PDP and the brand of politics they play.

There are stages to this struggle:-

First stage was getting Obi to get a platform.

Second was getting a sound running mate for him from the north.

These two are done.

The next stage is selling the movement to northern masses and raising some organogram for the party in all the wards and polling units of the federation.

Peter Obi, a former governor understands this.

Doyin Okupe is another experienced politician.

Same with Pat Utomi.

Same with Datti Baba-Ahmed.

And others behind the scene that we don’t see.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:
good to see you are seeing reality

Obi and his VP won't spend, how much can dey even spend

These polling units are controlled by wards that play local family politics, wrapper, salt, rice, etc have been used by the state governor's to entice them for years

Am talking politics in the rural setting, unless it's the north where they would eat your money and the ward leaders of apc would still connive with PDP for overall northern interest
Oga that won't be possible in the 2023 elections.

Peter Obi does not even need to spend much.People are already spending their own monies to campaign for him.

Furthermore Peter Obi is worth tens of billions of naira and has the warchest to get agents across the wards.Thankfully the NLC are already doing that.He also does not need to win the NE and NW to win.All he needs is 25%

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Peter Obi did not contest the Ekiti elections.btw what happened to PDP and it's so-called structures in Ekiti

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Pandev(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2022
alsudan:

That’s Pandev with a DI.CK on his bald head, guess won’t be wrong if I called Pandev a DI.CK HEAD.
funny dude, grin be calming down. You people insult too much which shows most of you are still small children. That's how you were beating your chest in a thread before APC primary in the screenshot below grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Peter Obi did not contest the Ekiti elections.btw what happened to PDP and it's so-called structures in Ekiti
undecided this is were una always miss it, party structure is not the one for obi alone

Utomi knows this, it's unfortunate they didn't have since not that it isn't crucial

Agents is beyond what you summon on election day, they are party members that know local Political terrain

Again agents is not a guarantee you would win, they only stand in the gap when your party have the advantage and others are trying to connive

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga that won't be possible in the 2023 elections.

Peter Obi does not even need to spend much.People are already spending their own monies to campaign for him.

Furthermore Peter Obi is worth tens of billions of naira and has the warchest to get agents across the wards.Thankfully the NLC are already doing that.He also does not need to win the NE and NW to win.All he needs is 25%
Even that 25% you may not know what it costs

Obi is a business man, he won't spend on politics, that's for tinubu and atiku the carrier politicians

Again don't be deceived by the supposed youths go spend, the guy that went to Kano was begging for funds to return

That's like 80k when no reach half a polling unit divide

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
Great. The third force is coming. Obi is coming

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by OfoIgbo: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
MrPolitics:

But the NLC, TUC and the Tent of the Third force have the number to have 12 agents in each polling unit.

This is a real game changer.

Prof. Pat Utomi doesn't make frivolous statements

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Vistra40: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Rural areas in southern Nigeria, the core north these are areas with little obi social media fever

They constitute the major voting areas

And you think they are unaware of these things? Calm down Sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Vistra40: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
MrPolitics:

Volunteers sir! Volunteers!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
OfoIgbo:

But the NLC, TUC and the Tent of the Third force have the number to have 12 agents in each polling unit.

This is a real game changer.

Prof. Pat Utomi doesn't make frivolous statements
utomi is not a politician

NLC, TUC only belong to the Labour Party by mouth

They are not really politicians, neither can they take activism activities in labor party without monetary gain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by TakeBackNaija: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2022
MrPolitics:

You don't know what you're saying. There are several Peter Obi groups in all the states across Nigeria. The one I belong to in my state has coordinators in all local governments and wards!

T
Labour Party will be able to police the entire poling units in Nigeria, there are more than enough youths willing to volunteer.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Pandev(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
MrPolitics:
176974 polling units to be precise sir

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Vistra40: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Oga support your atiku and leave online people na! As amaechi lost primaries, you would rather have the north retain the presidency than for any of the south outside SS

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Coalition, Labour Party To Deploy 15 Agents To Each Polling Unit by Truthisunique2: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2022
Vistra40:

Oga support your atiku and leave online people na! As amaechi lost primaries, you would rather have the north retain the presidency than for any of the south outside SS
obi is fine with me

I only feel it's better make this atiku drum dey full throwway than obi people hoping on fantasy only to see druglord cash in on the divide.

I am happy atiku would be winning him in the north Sha, that's why una gamble no affect us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Dambazzau Stole And Spent NNPC Money - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria Conducts Drills To Counter Nuclear Disaster / Shettima Visits Saraki Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.